• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Smokey

I carried Bread in Halo 5 last time we played. He knows.

Also pls do the raid tomorrow :(

I've never done one. Still on the base game missions after completing the "story".

DCX

DCX
I'll be on tonight. Shoot me a a message and I can get you as close to 40 as possible tonight.

Do we have enough MaddenGAFfers to do the new raid?!?!

Myself
My friend Kaotic
Nightz
Bread
DCX
Smokey

OH SHIT WE DO!
My light level is terrible since I had to start from the begining. I'm not even level 40 yet :(

Wish I had my 309 Titan :'(

DCX

LukeSmith

My light level is terrible since I had to start from the begining. I'm not even level 40 yet :(

Wish I had my 309 Titan :'(

DCX

the catch-up from expansions is fast by design
we want players to play together

Rise of Iron is a fine time to jump in to Destiny

Smokey

My light level is garbo. Somewhere in the mid 150s. I read in the Destiny OT that I should focus on getting to 40 first, then light.

BigAT

I would say that if you do decide to get in, DON'T use the level booster that comes with it. The leveling really doesn't take very long to begin with and you're skipping a ton of content if you just level past it. If you want to avoid playing Destiny that badly, you probably shouldn't buy Destiny.

Plus the booster (at least the level 25 one) doesn't even level your subclasses, which are nearly as important as your actual level. Sidenote: the subclass experience tuning is fucking garbage and I don't understand why people don't make a bigger deal about it being broken.

My light level is garbo. Somewhere in the mid 150s. I read in the Destiny OT that I should focus on getting to 40 first, then light.

That's correct. It's pointless and a waste of time to try to increase your light level before you're 40.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So my game room TV is starting to get little white dots everywhere and is getting worse by the day. It started off as only 2 dots about a month ago and now there are at least 200. It's a 65in Samsung DLP. From reading online it seems like this is a common problem with DLP's. To get the part and have it installed it would run me around 400 bucks.

I guess I'm just going to go grab a 4k TV. There is a 60in Vizio E series at Costco right now for $667. They also have a 60 inch Samsung Class K I think, for $949. Neither are HDR but is that really that big of a deal.

Anyone in here have a Vizio I've never bought one. Is the quality good? I'm leaning towards the Samsung since that is what all of the other TV's in my house are.

Bread

Banned
the catch-up from expansions is fast by design
we want players to play together

Rise of Iron is a fine time to jump in to Destiny
i just jumped in a couple weeks back with 2 guys who have been playing non-stop since launch and the progression/catching up has been really easy, good job to you guys on making that happen.

I would say that if you do decide to get in, DON'T use the level booster that comes with it. The leveling really doesn't take very long to begin with and you're skipping a ton of content if you just level past it. If you want to avoid playing Destiny that badly, you probably shouldn't buy Destiny.
Yeah this is true actually. I was fine using it because I already played through all the content on the XB1.

Smokey

So my game room TV is starting to get little white dots everywhere and is getting worse by the day. It started off as only 2 dots about a month ago and now there are at least 200. It's a 65in Samsung DLP. From reading online it seems like this is a common problem with DLP's. To get the part and have it installed it would run me around 400 bucks.

I guess I'm just going to go grab a 4k TV. There is a 60in Vizio E series at Costco right now for $667. They also have a 60 inch Samsung Class K I think, for $949. Neither are HDR but is that really that big of a deal.

Anyone in here have a Vizio I've never bought one. Is the quality good? I'm leaning towards the Samsung since that is what all of the other TV's in my house are.

Go to ratings.com and look up the model you're interested in before buying anything.

Rinse has a Vizio.

i just jumped in a couple weeks back with 2 guys who have been playing non-stop since launch and the progression/catching up has been really easy, good job to you guys on making that happen.

Did you use the booster

Somnia

To be honest I completely forgot about Rise of the Iron, had no idea it was out next week. Looks like I need to pre-order that tonight.

Ferny

I carried Bread in Halo 5 last time we played. He knows.

Also pls do the raid tomorrow :(

I've never done one. Still on the base game missions after completing the "story".

If there are enough interested here, we could definitely Vault, Crota, KF, and then the new raid once we get enough of you guys up in light levels. Probably would only need 5 for Vault (6 to get done quickly), but it won't require you to even be 300 LL for that one. It's a basic raid, but still fun.

DCX

DCX
If there are enough interested here, we could definitely Vault, Crota, KF, and then the new raid once we get enough of you guys up in light levels. Probably would only need 5 for Vault (6 to get done quickly), but it won't require you to even be 300 LL for that one. It's a basic raid, but still fun.
That is a fine idea.

DCX

brentech

I bought Taken King and literally never ran into anyone here in the game. Just can't do it.
Destiny PS4 has forsaken me. FORSAKEN

Somnia

Hit me up. I have enough LL to do all of the current raids (well not hard mode), still haven't finished the Taken King raid though.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Go to ratings.com and look up the model you're interested in before buying anything.

Rinse has a Vizio.

Did you use the booster

I did go there and it looks like the Vizio is rated better in refresh rate but is like .45ms input lag, where the Samsung is lower. Im just going to go with the Vizio scone it's cheapest and if I end up not liking it I'll move it up to the family room or my wife's shop. Then just get a TV for the game room on black Friday sales.

Greg

Not sure on the exact time yet, but I should be available sometime between 8 and 9 eastern tonight. Will let you know if anything changes.
alright - probably playing tennis at 6 EST, so I should be back around 9

I can play late tonight as well

Not sure on the exact time yet, but I should be available sometime between 8 and 9 eastern tonight. Will let you know if anything changes.

On another note...How's NHL this year, phee?

It's very much improved from last year. There's legitimate battles for position in front of the net now, players have weight to them (I think it could get a little too fast/slippery in the past), and I think they've tuned the checking so that people can't do it as easily. Also, the AI is a lot better now and does more than just stand there like a traffic cone. I actually saw an AI pull a deke move on a defender and go for a shot, I've never seen that before. Just overall much more polished.

There's still the stupid goal that goes in once every while, but it's whatever to me at this point, didn't happen enough for it to bother me.

BigAT

Was it blue?

xhJAzie.gif

brentech

Brent when are you available to play tonight? I can be home by 6 PM Eastern.

This goes out to everyone....I ain't trying to DM anyone, but I can't give anyone a specific time with a 1 week old baby (and people visiting/staying here for the next two weeks). We're home most of the time, so when I happen to know that I have an hour to get a game in, I'll let you know.
I don't make my wife do every single thing, so there is literally no answer I can give other than, "I'll post when I'm free". I value your time and mine, I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

1. Don't have responsibilities or expenses
2. Move across the country
3. Choose from many low paying jobs
4. Success!

It's literally everything the American Dream was never about.

Smokey

Phee

"Along the way, more customization options will arise, as well as the opportunity to earn endorsements that will earn you more virtual currency (VC).

The teams that reach elite status by the cutoff will get an invitation to 2K’s next big esports tournament. It’s called the NBA 2K17 All-Star Tournament, and it’ll take place in New Orleans–the site of this year’s NBA All-Star Game.

The prize will be $250,000 and tickets to the All-Star Game. It’s great to see 2K building a structure that can help to make stars out of the community’s best players."

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This goes out to everyone....I ain't trying to DM anyone, but I can't give anyone a specific time with a 1 week old baby (and people visiting/staying here for the next two weeks). We're home most of the time, so when I happen to know that I have an hour to get a game in, I'll let you know.
I don't make my wife do every single thing, so there is literally no answer I can give other than, "I'll post when I'm free". I value your time and mine, I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

I'm not pressing you just letting you know I will be home from about 6 PM on. Tweet me or msg me on IG so that I get the notification because I will be cleaning and packing for my travel this weekend and won't be on the forum as much.

Curious to see what you have to do to get elite status. How exclusive will that be? I can't imagine there's more than 16 or so there. We won a ton of games last year but anytime we matched up with the top 100, it was tough, and while we beat up a lot of shitty teams we'll have less room to screw around this year. I'm glad these player types came out, it'll make people play actual team ball.

I will be in park when I'm not in Pro AM this year. It was weird to me to see how mediocre a lot of legend 2s and 3s were, it's time to get that mascot.

rinse82

RINSLER
Can you play tonight?

I have a short window because I'm traveling this week to my boy Trasher's wedding

League:
I'll be gone Thursday-Monday afternoon, so I accept that my Week 3 game is a sim it, and my week 2 is a sim it, if Denver and I can't play tonight.

I am on 2 hours sleep but for you Luke, I will play.

Have to get some work done so can't really commit to a hard time but will be sometime after 9ET, you flexible?

I don't know what else gets made by SDS but that really sucks for the ones who got laid off. I remember when my dad did during the early 2000s he was so miserable, going back to school to get a different degree, then somehow a year later or so he got rehired to basically the same position with an even higher salary.

Hey friend, sorry I stopped responding to you last night. I was in a wow dungeon and when I was fine you were already offline. I should be available around 10 pm real people time tonight, but I need to upgrade to 4.0 and do my weekly training first.

ok i should be around then. never know when my daughter is going to get to sleep!

as for the training, i just realized you can "sim" the training but you'll only get bronze. still better to me than going through all the training myself!

ok i should be around then. never know when my daughter is going to get to sleep!

as for the training, i just realized you can "sim" the training but you'll only get bronze. still better to me than going through all the training myself!

If your daughter is up, we can push it to tomorrow. I'll be free after 8 then.

Top Bottom