• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

BigAT

Did they get rid of a bunch of the coaching upgrade purchases or do I not have access to them since I created a coach?

Greg

Did they get rid of a bunch of the coaching upgrade purchases or do I not have access to them since I created a coach?
after each of my 2 games there was a coaching upgrade pop-up screen I had to go through... looked to be all the same things as last year (with L1/R1 to switch through the tabs)

but I could be wrong because in previous seasons my coach never had enough XP to level anything, so I never paid attention

Currently, my two games were (from kickoff to end game)

Week 1: 37 minutes
Week 2: 35 minutes

Avg: 36 minutes

I have highlights of the last years season, taking a random sample of four games...

Game 1: 59 minutes
Game 2: 54 minutes
Game 3: 55 minutes
Game 4: 1 hour 2 minutes

Avg: 56 minutes

Last year we had no acceleration clock, I checked. That accounts for the near doubling of game time.

brentech

I let some dude hang 22 points on me in the first quarter and a half of ranked draft champions. I closed the half out with a TD, started the next half and dropped 22 on him while holding him. He quit when I took the lead and kicked the FG. Now the game doesn't count at all......what's the point of playing if people can DC with under 2 minutes in the 4th quarter and I don't get a W.

I let some dude hang 22 points on me in the first quarter and a half of ranked draft champions. I closed the half out with a TD, started the next half and dropped 22 on him while holding him. He quit when I took the lead and kicked the FG. Now the game doesn't count at all......what's the point of playing if people can DC with under 2 minutes in the 4th quarter and I don't get a W.

I've definitely had plenty of people quit on me in DC, but never had it not count the W...weird

If you close application game stats aren't counted, unlike a true disconnect

I agree that games are short. Last year they were kind of long. I think 40-45 minutes could be the sweet spot, 25 second accelerate clock sounds good.

Lol @ Fisher extension

I will not believe the Jeff Fisher extension until I have seen more than one rumor about it. I REFUSE to believe that is real at all.

BigAT

My games have each taken an hour and a half because this dumb game is trash. Please don't make them longer.

GG Lone.

gg az! i got HFA'd, dropped like 5 picks, all those strip sack fumbles... but that last throw i made was incredibly stupid so i deserve to lose. i was watching that DE 95 and he was going to get me again.... which would've probably been another fumble!

i also want to say they have somehow fucked up the wind meter again, which is why i missed my first fg. it showed i had 10 mph wind at my back so i went maybe 75% strength thinking i have plenty of leg to hit a 45 yarder or whatever and then it was well short. then i tested it out on kicks and sure enough, i didn't have the wind!

gg az! i got HFA'd, dropped like 5 picks, all those strip sack fumbles... but that last throw i made was incredibly stupid so i deserve to lose. i was watching that DE 95 and he was going to get me again.... which would've probably been another fumble!

i also want to say they have somehow fucked up the wind meter again, which is why i missed my first fg. it showed i had 10 mph wind at my back so i went maybe 75% strength thinking i have plenty of leg to hit a 45 yarder or whatever and then it was well short. then i tested it out on kicks and sure enough, i didn't have the wind!

Yeah, it said I had the wind at my back at the start of the second half, and then I kicked it out the back of the endzone. That's when I knew.

GG Bread. It's tough losing when you only give up 4 FGs, but I just couldn't generate enough offense. I gotta improve my third down play calling, or stop getting into so many third downs.

Hopefully Jabee loses, keep the division nice and even.

Bread

Banned
gg man! i'm in the same boat. i was great getting deep in your side of the field but couldn't convert on 3rd downs. i need to figure that out.

baldwin is a beast

gg man! i'm in the same boat. i was great getting deep in your side of the field but couldn't convert on 3rd downs. i need to figure that out.

baldwin is a beast

I had him open on the game deciding sack, but I needed like half a second more, or maybe I should've thrown it half a second sooner. He's pretty studly this year and I gotta work on using him more.

Top Bottom