• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Phee/cb/luke I'm not going to be home at vance. I already set the sim wins as needed so you are good to vance once ez/Scott done. Not sure on the jabee game but I thought that was straight sim

brentech

Add custom nicknames as well! I hate having to keep changing my name between this and my WoW discord server.

I recommend setting a profile image, anything at all, just so I know if you (or anyone) has an actual Discord account. Makes it easier to know if I should even bother with a nickname

LJ11

Bowser, if this advances before 10 eastern I'll play.

My money is on EA not putting up a site, hey've decided to keep their info walled off when it comes to MUT for example. Not sure if it's changed but they're only sharing MUT database info with MUThead, leaving the competitors locked out.

My money is on EA not putting up a site, hey've decided to keep their info walled off when it comes to MUT for example. Not sure if it's changed but they're only sharing MUT database info with MUThead, leaving the competitors locked out.

Throw us franchise lovers a few crumbs EA :(

week 7

next vance: Friday @ 7 pm pst

games:

bears @ packers
giants @ rams
saints @ chiefs
colts @ titans
vikes @ eagles
browns @ bengals
redskins @ lions
raiders @ jags
bills @ dolphins
ravens @ jets
bucs @ 49ers
chargers @ falcons
pats @ steelers
seahawks @ cards
texans @ broncos

nfc opotw: jay cutler, 25/28, 316 yards, 4 td
nfc dpotw: michael kendricks, 10 tackles, 2 int, 1 ff

afc opotw: l. murray, 20 carries, 156 yards, 2 TD
afc dpotw: j. sheard, 4 tackles, 2 sack, 1 ff, 1 fr, 1 td

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Ive been under the impression there wont be a website this year.

BigAT

Am I missing something or is it impossible to call the kick return play you want if the game doesn't want to give it to you?

brentech

Am I missing something or is it impossible to call the kick return play you want if the game doesn't want to give it to you?

Correct.
nature-deal.gif

DJ Bowser

GG LJ. Was infuriating as they come. First couple picks were good user d.

Then the next two were wrong button presses (one of which was out of a bunch formation I haven't used before). Then the Brandon Daughty era took a rough start of jump balls and then not thinking your LB could get there on the last one.

Tannehill's fumble for the TD changed the complexion of the game because I seemed dominant at that point and it went off the rails from there.

The 4th and 28 conversion was also pretty rough. Sad way to end my season, especially since you broke my defensive MVP in the first quarter.

LJ11

GG LJ. Was infuriating as they come. First couple picks were good user d.

Then the next two were wrong button presses (one of which was out of a bunch formation I haven't used before). Then the Brandon Daughty era took a rough start of jump balls and then not thinking your LB could get there on the last one.

Tannehill's fumble for the TD changed the complexion of the game because I seemed dominant at that point and it went off the rails from there.

The 4th and 28 conversion was also pretty rough. Sad way to end my season, especially since you broke my defensive MVP in the first quarter.

You played better than I did, period. I didn't convert the 3rd and short situations, kept trying to force McCoy and I was going 3 and out, you were finding the open man repeatedly on O. I was mess on O, poor play calling, you mixed it up well. Honestly kept trying to free up a DL to sack you but I didn't get home until late in the 2nd quarter and it ended up being a big play.

I'm a poor punter, I rarely pin guys deep. I may have been able to just sky it, but I was honestly just hoping for 20 yards, get you around the 25 and be done with it, so I said fuck it, go for it. You never know with this game, you may break a tackle with how broken the system is. A FG was 56 yards into 6 mph winds, so I just took a ridiculous chance and I got lucky with the coverage.

Greg

yeah, that was actually kinda difficult... kicking is annoying enough, but with 9 MPH crosswind I didn't feel comfortable just leaving the stick how it was

Bread

Banned
GG AT. You earned that one and played a nice game. I had so many opportunities squandered because of forcing the ball in the red zone, as I have done all year. I need to practice RZ offensive plays. At least Martavis made some key plays, he's the guy I needed on offense.

Aaron Donald put up 8 tackles, 6 TFL, and a sack. God damn. He was the only thing keeping Vereen from getting 6ypc.

And fuck this game for the only 2 penalties they called on me happening by the CPU on the final and most important drive of the game. Also fuck DRC for covering 2 guys at once in a man defense.

DJ Bowser

You played better than I did, period. I didn't convert the 3rd and short situations, kept trying to force McCoy and I was going 3 and out, you were finding the open man repeatedly on O. I was mess on O, poor play calling, you mixed it up well. Honestly kept trying to free up a DL to sack you but I didn't get home until late in the 2nd quarter and it ended up being a big play..
I wish I could blame Madden but it was all just me hitting the wrong buttons. It even happened in the first, I had Triangle open for a probable long TD on 4 beets and accidentally flopped the ball incomplete to my HB. Other than that, I'm happy with my playcalling and play. My first good defensive performance.

This division will be fun but brutal.

Will have to see how the records fall after my bye in week 8 to see if I'm calling it a loss and starting the rookie QB.

i don't know what it is, but ive have hit the wrong button in madden 17 more than i can ever remember. i dont know what to blame. i didn't have this problem since we moved over to ps4...

DJ Bowser

i don't know what it is, but ive have hit the wrong button in madden 17 more than i can ever remember. i dont know what to blame. i didn't have this problem since we moved over to ps4...
I think, at least with the playbook I've been using, there isn't as much consistency between formations with what each player's corresponding button is.

O and Square are mostly consistent but the rest are a crap shoot.

LJ11

I've been hitting the wrong button a lot too, more than ever, did it against Little Big Boss on back to back plays. Probably just bad reflexes, they were PA passes, might have contributed to it.

Top Bottom