• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
i don't know what it is, but ive have hit the wrong button in madden 17 more than i can ever remember. i dont know what to blame. i didn't have this problem since we moved over to ps4...

I've hit wrong buttons, but mostly it's the game not recognizing button presses, leading to pressing it multiple times, until it finally goes "oh, you want to throw the ball? Here, let me put it in the flat now that the CB has come down into the zone and now he's running the other way with the ball touchdown."

GG Trash! It's amazing how I keep finding new ways to lose. Can't believe I didn't catch that last TD and settled for the FG :(. Ugh. You had 0 takeaways and somehow came back with a 6 rushing yard game. Blew a 20 point lead. I barely missed a 52 yard FG, was somehow just short after hitting it to the line and perfect accuracy. I'm kind of in shock you finished this game with more points than me tbh.

Redskins: 29
Cousins: 128.7, 13/22, 249 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
Jones: 19 carries, 53 yds, 1 TD, 1 Fumble, 1 FR // 1 rec, 25 yds, 1 TD
Doctson: 4 rec, 105 yds
Hardy: 4 Tkls, 2 TfL, 1 Sack, 1 Safety

Lions: 30
Stafford: 118.1, 33/45, 374 yds, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
Abdullah: 8 carries, 18 yds // 2 rec, 12 yds
Tate III: 10 rec, 119 yds, 2 TDs
Ngata: 5 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 Sack

Did I space out there, or what exactly happened after the safety?

I kicked it, you ran it back for a TD I thought. And then you ran what I thought was a successful 2 pt conversion. And then you kicked an extra point? lol

Hahaha! No I accidentally hit L R Square instead of L R X. The Returner dove at the 2 when I went to celebrate my way into the end zone. It wasn't a 2 pt conversion!

Trasher

GG Trash! It's amazing how I keep finding new ways to lose. Can't believe I didn't catch that last TD and settled for the FG :(. Ugh. You had 0 takeaways and somehow came back with a 6 rushing yard game. Blew a 20 point lead. I barely missed a 52 yard FG, was somehow just short after hitting it to the line and perfect accuracy. I'm kind of in shock you finished this game with more points than me tbh.

Redskins: 29
Cousins: 128.7, 13/22, 249 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
Jones: 19 carries, 53 yds, 1 TD, 1 Fumble, 1 FR // 1 rec, 25 yds, 1 TD
Doctson: 4 rec, 105 yds
Hardy: 4 Tkls, 2 TfL, 1 Sack, 1 Safety

Lions: 30
Stafford: 118.1, 33/45, 374 yds, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
Abdullah: 8 carries, 18 yds // 2 rec, 12 yds
Tate III: 10 rec, 119 yds, 2 TDs
Ngata: 5 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 Sack

Hahaha! No I accidentally hit L R Square instead of L R X. The Returner dove at the 2 when I went to celebrate my way into the end zone. It wasn't a 2 pt conversion!

Okay, I was maybe thinking you somehow went out of bounds and I was so pissed at the time that I kind of just looked away. That makes so much more sense now!

GG! Can't believe I pulled that one out of my ass. Madden gods were on my side tonight.

I literally can't get a run game going my line is so bad. Maybe I need a new playbook.

I can't believe you tackled Kirk at the goaline on the fake fb dive HB flip too. DE just sacks him before he can flip it to Jones... I've had so many crazy games this season!

Smokey

Smokey is the Stephen Curry to my Shaun Livington or something

That was some splash family shit out there

I couldn't mic because wife and kid were sleep, but God I was rock hard when you, sizzle, and I were all lit with our Pro badges at the same time.

That last game was closer than it needed to be tho.

I couldn't mic because wife and kid were sleep, but God I was rock hard when you, sizzle, and I were all lit with our Pro badges at the same time.

That last game was closer than it needed to be tho.

I think in the last game, it was a combination of people being tired. I personally was brain dead and some of their guys got free runs to the rim because they had a pretty small lineup and that stuff is annoying to deal with at first but once we figured it out they weren't getting anything easy anymore.

I felt like Steve Nash out there with Ray, Steph, and Ryan Anderson (Sorry E!) as my three point weapons. Abu as always does well making that connecting hockey pass. Really loved the kind of offense we run, when you and Sizzle are on opposite wings it's unstoppable.

Smokey

I think in the last game, it was a combination of people being tired. I personally was brain dead and some of their guys got free runs to the rim because they had a pretty small lineup and that stuff is annoying to deal with at first but once we figured it out they weren't getting anything easy anymore.

I felt like Steve Nash out there with Ray, Steph, and Ryan Anderson (Sorry E!) as my three point weapons. Abu as always does well making that connecting hockey pass. Really loved the kind of offense we run, when you and Sizzle are on opposite wings it's unstoppable.

I'm always trying to set back or flare screens for that reason. He goes to a corner and with all of our badges 9/10 it's an auto 3. Abu does a good job of setting down screens. I was standing behind him and curling off of those yesterday. Those games were pretty much Warriorsesque in terms of scoring. I haven't been apart of that kind of output up to this point, although the grand badges def help.

BigAT

GG AT. You earned that one and played a nice game. I had so many opportunities squandered because of forcing the ball in the red zone, as I have done all year. I need to practice RZ offensive plays. At least Martavis made some key plays, he's the guy I needed on offense.

Aaron Donald put up 8 tackles, 6 TFL, and a sack. God damn. He was the only thing keeping Vereen from getting 6ypc.

And fuck this game for the only 2 penalties they called on me happening by the CPU on the final and most important drive of the game. Also fuck DRC for covering 2 guys at once in a man defense.

GG. That game felt like it had more random ass Madden shit than most. That INT to end the game was indeed nonsense.

I'm not sure if it showed up in the final stats or not, but you shut down my running game the most of anyone so far this season. Donald was a monster and you did a lot personally on manual D to stop it. There were runs when I was purposely avoiding Donald and he still broke up the play in the backfield. I think he had a sack or two in addition.

That was by far the worst experience I've had with the kicking meter so far. It felt like no matter how early I tried to stop it, I would go into overkick range, so I would try to compensate for what felt like lag on the backswing and then somehow I would be really early. I think it cost me two field goals and an extra point. Between that and fumbling a kickoff return early on, I thought special teams was definitely going to cost me the game. Let me reiterate how stupid it is that you're unable to select the play you want on kickoffs and are instead forced to choose from whatever random 3 plays they decide to give you each game.

Bread

Banned
GG. That game felt like it had more random ass Madden shit than most. That INT to end the game was indeed nonsense.

I'm not sure if it showed up in the final stats or not, but you shut down my running game the most of anyone so far this season. Donald was a monster and you did a lot personally on manual D to stop it. There were runs when I was purposely avoiding Donald and he still broke up the play in the backfield. I think he had a sack or two in addition.

That was by far the worst experience I've had with the kicking meter so far. It felt like no matter how early I tried to stop it, I would go into overkick range, so I would try to compensate for what felt like lag on the backswing and then somehow I would be really early. I think it cost me two field goals and an extra point. Between that and fumbling a kickoff return early on, I thought special teams was definitely going to cost me the game. Let me reiterate how stupid it is that you're unable to select the play you want on kickoffs and are instead forced to choose from whatever random 3 plays they decide to give you each game.
Yeah I probably have a top run defense so far this season, Donald and the combo of Barron/Ogletree make it really tough to go up the middle. Just have to spend all remaining draft picks on CB and oline if I want to actually have a chance to compete.

I hate that about kick returns too. Not sure why they felt the need to consolidate the plays all into 3 normal receiving and 3 (of the exact same play no less) onside receiving.
Only once in the past few games have I had the chance to use return middle with one guy back instead of the two standing side by side. They make some really weird decisions each year with this game.

The Facts of Life
-PHI is the only undefeated team.
-PHI has the best point differential by far with +92, followed by SF at +69, and then NE at +56.
-NO and DAL are the only winless teams.
- DAL has the worst point differential by far with -106, followed by DET at -73, and then TEN at -62.
-PHI and ATL are the only teams undefeated on the road.
-GB is the only team averaging over 30 ppg.
-DAL is the only team averaging under 14 ppg.
-HOU, BUF, TEN, MIN, and PHI are the only teams with more rushing TDs than passing TDs.

-TB has 8 Fumble Recoveries.
-DAL, ATL, and NYG have 0 Fumble Recoveries.
-BUF has 23 INTs.
-DAL has 1 INT (and 0 Fumble Recoveries!)
-NE has forced 19 sacks
-PHI and SEA have forced just 6 sacks
-PHI has the fewest Rushing yards allowed at 238.
-BAL has the most Rushing yards allowed at 730.
-PHI has the fewest Passing yards allowed at 821.
-LA has the most Passing yards allowed at 1860.

-NO is 10/41 (24%) on 3rd down.
-ARZ is 39/67 (58%) on 3rd down.
-SF is the only perfect team on 4th down. They are 3/3.
-MIA, OAK, and CLE are 2/2 on 2 ot conversions.
-JAX is the only team to walk away with points from every Red Zone trip. 16/16 with 12 TDs.
-NO is 5/11 in the Red Zone with 4 TDs.
-NO is the only team to allow the opponent to score with each Red Zone trip. They are 10/10 with 7 TDs.
-PHI has allowed 1 TD on 6 Red Zone trips, no FGs.
-MIN, SEA, NO, BUF, and PHI have yet to commit a penalty.

-BUF has a TO differential of +17! ATL is next with +12.
-NO and MIA have a TO differential of -13.
-CAR has thrown just 3 INTs
-MIA has throw 17 INTs
-NE and BAL have lost 0 Fumbles.
-ARZ, SD, OAK, and MIA have lost 5 Fumbles

-12 teams are still undefeated within the division.
-There have been 30 defensive TDs this season.
-There have been 5 Safeties total.
-MIA and WAS have 2 Safeties each.
-ARZ has had 2 kicks blocked. There have been 4 blocked kicks this season.
-There have been 25 Missed XPs.
-MIN has missed 4 of them.

Tldr:
-CB must be stopped.

brentech

The King is back

HilariousCourageousAsianwaterbuffalo.gif

Bring fun back to Madden.

Somnia

The Facts of Life

-NO and DAL are the only winless teams.
-DAL, ATL, and NYG have 0 Fumble Recoveries.
-DAL has 1 INT (and 0 Fumble Recoveries!)

Don't worry I'm going 0-16!

Not only do my defenders drop every pick thrown to them (ask Splat and Brent), but they also can't recover fumbles.

BigAT

I hate that about kick returns too. Not sure why they felt the need to consolidate the plays all into 3 normal receiving and 3 (of the exact same play no less) onside receiving.
Only once in the past few games have I had the chance to use return middle with one guy back instead of the two standing side by side. They make some really weird decisions each year with this game.

The number of quality of life improvements that could easily be made to this game are staggering. The saddest part is almost all of them have already been in the game at one point or another. I can't imagine what gets said in the design meetings when they decide to strip some of this stuff out.

Somnia

I guess the one positive for me so far this season is I'm injuring others players!

I wish I knew how many games I've restarted due to desyncs. I know 3 against AT and 2 against Bird, can't remember the others. I've probably played more league games than anyone added up. Glad that crap is over, now I can actually try to play and try to win instead of just playing to get it over with and thinking of quitting.

Thanks against Splat!

Bread

Banned
-Aaron Donald is responsible for every good play made by the LA defense
-Greg Zuerliein is the only reason LA scores points

BigAT

It sucks that Bailey is such a good FG kicker, but his accuracy bar at the bottom is so fucking small when kicking. Makes no sense.

Size of the bar gets decreased as you get further out. I imagine it probably gets pretty small on deep kicks even if you have good kick accuracy.

I guess it's supposed to simulate the pressure of a clutch kick when a kicker feels chilly ("icing the kicker").

Somnia

Size of the bar gets decreased as you get further out. I imagine it probably gets pretty small on deep kicks even if you have good kick accuracy.

I guess it's supposed to simulate the pressure of a clutch kick when a kicker feels chilly ("icing the kicker").

Ahh that makes sense I guess, I think I attempted a 40 something against Brent and thought it just seemed so small.

Bread

Banned
Teach me how to kick, I haven't kicked in what feels like years.
i'm one of the few that loves the new kicking meter i guess!

i want to see that 59 yarder i tried against AT again, i've never seen a ball bounce higher off the cross bar.

-Aaron Donald is responsible for every good play made by the LA defense
-Greg Zuerliein is the only reason LA scores points

Seriously, I held you to four FG attempts. Against anyone else this year I win that game.

I don't know if I will be able to play that late. Please let me know as early as you are available tonight

The only other option is I bring my copy to work tomorrow and play in the break room at like 9:30 est. I have yet to play a game on my work connection so I have no idea how good or bad it is.

I swear I set this to a Houston sim win earlier in the day, wtf

I had checked too, and I wasn't actively looking to see who you assigned the win, just that you had with the ones you mentioned, and I could have sworn I remember seeing you assign the home team the win in Colts-Texans, but it's fuzzy

Top Bottom