• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2005 Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God bless you Fmt.

Bah, just got done playing Madden thanks to XBL going down. It is fucking impossible to run against the Eagles. Got wasted 24-0 I believe. Then I played the Ravens and lost with no time left because I missed the fucking extra point on my last second TD. Then when I'm winning a game XBL goes down =/

I did run back my first kick return for a TD with Hall tonight though.

Ramirez

Rubber Band AI is not a factor online...Ive shutout many opponents...

And year Matrix,your WRs must have insane speed,cuz I remember in the last game if they got the slightest step on my secondary they would just outrun them every time :p

Drey1082

Slo said:
What's that do for me?

It's for league play, and other special stuff. (basically it's so you're only connected to one EA name, so being a disconnector/ cheater will have bigger consequences.)

Ramirez said:
Rubber Band AI is not a factor online...Ive shutout many opponents...

And year Matrix,your WRs must have insane speed,cuz I remember in the last game if they got the slightest step on my secondary they would just outrun them every time :p

It's not even a factor offline. I've had two shutouts in my second season, one them being 30-0. Sure, I give up some yards, but I know my defense pissed off the CPU. :)

PhatSaqs

Banned
Yeah. I think EA may have finally done away with the rubber band AI and implemented something along the lines of NCAAs HFA into Madden.

Slo

I don't have an EA account, and it won't let me create one that is the same as my Xbox Live name because the name is already in use. How can I link my Xbox live name to my EA account?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Slo said:
I don't have an EA account, and it won't let me create one that is the same as my Xbox Live name because the name is already in use. How can I link my Xbox live name to my EA account?

Goto www.easportsnation.com, look in the middle of the page and there is a link to do that.

Meier

Lol wtf. I'm creating my team for the Franchise mode and the second song to come on is Take Me Out and I'm all YEAH! So I'm singing along and then BAM, I notice the line, "I'm just a crosshair, just a shot away from you." is removed. It sounds so weird haha.

Probably old news but just got a copy today.

Fifty

I feel like Jeff George. I've played 29 games online, and yet I'm one game under 500...Putting scrubs who've won their first two games above me in the rankings.

jeff.jpg

"I am shocked and dismayed"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Woot signed up :D

Drey1082

The AI is coded to make fourth down tougher. It's not a gimmee... even on fourth and inches.

That's from the premium pass madden university.

I KNEW IT! am i the only person who didn't know for sure this was true?

Drey1082

same here, no lights, and my rank is just three dash lines. People were asking me why i don't have a rank. I checked and yep, it's not there. My rep is really high though, compared to everyone else.

Maverick

Ramirez, my fucking controller is busted and keeps going out on me when I try to use the hit stick. Right before I played you I had a hard fought win, then I'm play a good game against you and i get kicked because of the goddamn controller.

Jesus. Fuck my luck.

Fifty

My name isn't in vaudeville lights either.

Breaking News!

Lamont Brightful has been cut from Fifty's Baltimore Ravens. The little bitch fumbled it on a kickoff return, right when I needed to get back in the game. Then his backup...Chester Taylor picked the fumble up, ran 1 inch and fumbled it again. ARGHHHHH! From now on I will never field that little bitch as my punt or kick returner.

Ramirez

Matrix man,Im sorry...:p

I know your prolly not laughing,but I was rolling when I caught that BS and kicked the game winning FG.I dodged one there =\ lmao

Matrix

Im pissed cause you got so many breaks that game,your first long catch was lucky with 3 men surrounding you,I missed a easy extra point and FG,I had a 2 fumbles,one was on a nice drive in your redzone and then that catch at the end of the game...sigh I'm starting to get how you play now...you will fall soon enough :p

I was laughing at how unlucky I am :(

Bwt my name isnt in lights either :( MY rep has gone up and my ranking is in the 3,000's now.

Maverick

I guess the lights thing isn't active yet. I'm ranked in the 5,000s with a 4-8 record, lol.

Yet I won a tourny with the CHARGERS and nothing got reported. Aaaaaaaaah. Madden hates me. Now who wants a game?

DMczaf

More complete FAQ on Premium Pass

http://www.easports.com/easportspremiumpass/madden/faq.jsp

Q: What does the online League feature-set offer?

The League feature-set and stats tracking will be launched in September, to celebrate the start of the NFL season. Web leagues for Premium Pass for Madden NFL give the commissioner a number of additional tools. Though 'private' leagues in Madden don't require the use of passwords, they do check to see if a joining user's name is on an 'invite list'. In addition, commissioners in Madden leagues can also create a league where players must be on their buddy list, fall within a certain ranking range, or have a minimum EA Rep score to participate. The following features are components of Madden's web leagues:

Season Play: Madden's system has great flexibility, both in terms of the number of games played and the length of individual rounds. Commissioners can specify from 4 to 24 regular season games per team, and can allow anywhere between 1 hour and 7 days for each round to play out.
Note: Round durations for the leagues are rigid. They do not advance automatically when all games for a specific round are finished. Instead, they end when they were scheduled to end and a new round begins according to the original schedule as well. This means that players know for sure at the outset what the deadlines are for finishing each league game. As a result of this flexibility, Premium Pass leagues can last anywhere between 6 hours and 28 weeks, including playoffs.

Scheduling: Premium Pass leagues will allow the commissioner to specify, at league creation, whether or not they would like to create an 'NFL-style' league. NFL-style leagues have certain parameters specified in advance (league size, divisional structure, etc.) and use the official NFL 2004 schedule for play. If the commissioner does not use NFL-style leagues, a schedule is created for them automatically. However, the commissioner may then customize the schedule as they see fit. They can have any team match up with any other team in every round, so long as at the end of the season, each team plays approximately the same number of games (+/-1). In addition, 'Bye' rounds-rounds where a team has no scheduled game-are available in the Madden system, so the NFL season is accurately emulated.

Structure: The Premium Pass league system offers a good deal of flexibility when determining the league's structure. Commissioners can choose the number of conferences (1-2) and divisions (1-8) that their league supports, and can also name their entities and assign teams to conferences and divisions as they like, to exploit known rivalries between friends.

Playoffs: League playoffs in Premium Pass may be customized by the commissioner. They have up to four options, depending on the league size as well as their division/conference structure. As a result of the divisional structure for the leagues, Premium Pass playoffs also incorporate the notion of 'Wild Card' playoff teams and certain teams having first round playoff 'bye' rounds.

Injuries, Fatigues, and other Settings: Premium Pass league commissioners can opt to play games with or without fatigue rules, game ranking or injuries turned on. However, even when turned on, player injuries do not carry over from one league game to the next. In addition, Premium Pass leagues can use 'Fair Play' rules to minimize cheating.

Trading: Trading is not possible in Madden's league system.

Stats: 47 individual statistics (for each team) for each league game played will be captured and available for review on the web under the Premium Pass system, and players may have game stats emailed to them if they desire. League-specific leaderboards will also be kept on the web- 8 individual boards, with a total of 52 categories, will be available for users to review.

Joining Leagues: Under the Premium Pass system, players search for and join leagues on the EASPORTS.com web site only. The search functionality allows users to input up to 10 parameters when trying to find a league. The main page of the league system web site also presents users with 5 leagues that are close to filling up all of their open slots, making it easier for users to find a league that needs players and begins soon. Details of all leagues-public and private-are available for users to browse. Players can message a league commissioner if they have questions about the league or if they'd like to ask to join a private league. Clicking a button on the league web page allows the user to join. They are prompted to choose a team, and then their name is added to the league roster.

Creating and Administering Leagues: League creation and administration are done strictly from the web site under the Premium Pass system. The league creation process is a four step procedure; commissioners specify basic parameters, participant parameters, divisional breakdown, and playoff options in four different steps. One notable benefit Premium Pass commissioners have is the ability to change certain league settings while the league is still forming but after the initial creation. The commissioner manually 'advances' the league to the regular season state after all players have joined, then uses tools on the web site to assign players to divisions and to manipulate the league schedule.

Playing: Under the Premium Pass system, once the user joins a league on the web site, he or she must go into the game and visit the "Online Events" option, which is available under the "Game Modes" menu in the main online menu. A list of the leagues and tournaments a user is participating in will be available here. Selecting a league takes the player to the 'Tournament News' page, which lists the league settings and shows any league restrictions.
From this point, the player may enter the league room, which functions like most of the generic rooms in the online service: a list of players in the room appears on the left, a chat window on the right, and top-line stats for the selected player on the top. In addition, this room displays the name of your next opponent, and a countdown clock, indicating how much time is left in the current round. The names of your upcoming league opponents are automatically added to your buddy list to facilitate communication with them while in the game front end. When a player accepts a challenge from within this room, a league game is started.

Enhanced Web Tournaments: Schedule and manage Madden tournaments on the web. Players can set up a tournament and check its progress from any web browser.

Matrix

I cant win a fucking game with the Texans now,I either get blown out or I lose by 5 points or less.

*sucks thumb (crying)*

Matrix

Doh,its cleaned out now.

Fear the passing game :(

I'm also up to level 2 on the not quitting trophy :p

Ramirez

I was playing very stupid that game,heh...you ran Quarter the majority of the game,I should have just run,run,run...I was getting great yardage every time...can't get my passing roots out of me though :D

PhatSaqs

Banned
I've noticed alot of players favorite formation is Quarters for some reason :p. Consistantly running against it is the best way to attack it but it's still a little to effective against the run IMO.

Ramirez

I was probably getting 6-7 yards every time pretty much when I ran on Matrix...Quarter is literally impossible to pass into especially when you have pressure on the QB :p

Ristamar

I was trying to complete some of the team related items in the Madden Challenge. Anyway, one of them is "Rush for 150 yards against the '75 Vikings". Holy shit, those guys are brutal against the run. In 5 minute quarters, I couldn't manage to put up 150 using the Steelers, so after multiple attempts I switched to the 'Skins to abuse them with Portis. Thankfully, he gave me a 202 yard ground performance with 2 big 60+ yard TD runs.

Ristamar

Duce isn't that bad, but don't expect to see breakway speed from him, obviously (85 SPD, 87 ACC). You can't use too much lateral movement in the backfield, and Pitt's O-line isn't top tier. He's still a solid back, IMO.

Ramirez

Yea really,lol...we looked pretty good against the Lions even though we lost.We at least put points on the board and Deuce had 45 yards on 11 carries,not bad at all.

Ristamar

Well, there was that fumble... heh. But yeah, it wasn't a total disaster. Anyway, did you notice how they spell his name Deuce and Duce? I've seen it both ways in the game, I think. I guess it's really 'Duce,' according to his webpage.

Matrix

This Saturday your team falls in pre-season play Ramirez :p

Maverick

I have found a new love for Madden in becoming the underdog. Since everyone loves to use the goddamn Falcons, Eagles, Panthers, and Colts so much, I've given up on trying to have a good record and now I just pick crap teams to pull off the upset.

I'm a genious with the Chargeless, I swear. 3-1 with them against the like of the Panthers, Eagles and Steelers. FMT is right about one thing- Ultra conservative ball can really fluster other plays and get you wins.

While some underdog defenses are just terrible for stopping guys like Owens, I can usually keep it pretty close or pull off a win if I manually double him.

While Madden still can be really frustrating, I appreciate being able to pull off games with terrible teams like the Chargers.

Maverick

Thought: As I looked on EASports nation the other day, I realized that I was implausibly ranked no. 287.....despite having traded in the game almost a month ago.

Fifty

Fucking great. I've lost 7 of my last 9 games. I suck at this stupid game. I think I'm going to smash my controller or do something to my Xbox.

Matrix

Winning with shitty teams or decent teams makes you that much better of a player imo and it feelssss real good when you can beat someone whos using a top team.

I was going to tell you Fifty that the game before I played you,I decided to try to play a high ranking player...now I know why some of the them have such great records...this ass wipe Play4real or whatever his name is just calls no huddle the whole game,does some bs onside trick kick and I swear he had the ability to hold my players from running when he took control of certain Db's manually,they would just stick in place.He was beating me 35-7 going into the 4th and I didnt want to play this joker,he wouldnt let me conceed defeat,so I just let the computer play him....what a fuck face and like usual the only good players you can find are here at GA.

Even when I get my ass kicked here atleast I get it kicked by someone who plays the game the right way.

edit- whoa im going up levels in my trophys :D and I finally got one for sacks.

Top Bottom