• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2005 Thread

Meier

Dammit, even though my line are all like 86 or higher (with 2 or 3 over 90) and I'm using Marshall Faulk, I can't run for shit! :(

Ramirez

30-8,someone stop this man! :p

God I hate playing people I don't know...just got done playing someone who used the Lions...he would pull his DE to the other side every time and get through clean making it really hard to do anything.Oh well,still beat him 20-0 :p

Slo

I just played against Super Vick and the Vickettes last night. God damn it's frustrating when people cheese the money plays.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Holy shit I actually won a game today using the Jags ..beat someone 24-21 *Ravens user* with a ot gw 44 yard fg...who would of thunk it.

I fucking suck or maybe its the teams I'm playing with.

Bog

Junior Ace
Sure glad Madden still lets you drop back 30 yards and wait for your receivers to come towards you for completely open passes.

Slo said:
I just played against Super Vick and the Vickettes last night. God damn it's frustrating when people cheese the money plays.

Use QB Spy or DE Contain if you really are getting your butt kicked by the run.

Bog said:
Sure glad Madden still lets you drop back 30 yards and wait for your receivers to come towards you for completely open passes.

I don't see how unrealistic that is. Even if you're a scrambler, who drops back 30 yards in the pros, then chucks it? If you're streaking, then notice that the ball hasn't gotten to you after 5 secs, you keep running? That's a 70 yard0 pass that someone has to throw in the air.

Slo said:
CK CHEATS
If so, he's not doing a great job against me... ;) CK's improved his ame immensely from last year IMO.

i'm the champ ladies! 16-5, ranked top 500 and i'm on a 9 game winning streak. not only that, but i beat all teams ranked wayyyyy better than the niners (not hard in this game, ridiculous ratings). who here at GA has the courage to beat me?? that's what i thought, no one!

p.s. ramirez let me know when you want your next beating, perhaps this time it will record ;)

Ramirez

Bahahaha,you will not be so lucky this time FMT,my players wont drop the ball at the slightest touch!!I have prepared them :D

PhatSaqs

Banned
Anyone else noticing a huge difference in offline play vs. online play? It seems the CPU is much more keen to assisting the player online as opposed to offline both on defense and offense. I swear I dont see half the crap I see playing buds offline on All-Madden vs playing online. Corner Routes are becoming a nuisance online.

Maverick

I just got kicked from my third game because my controller is messed up. Wow. This sucks the D. Now I am 8-12 despite only losing 5 real games. And I can't do anything about it.

Ramirez

I believe Im done playing people I don't know.I have yet to run across one person who actually plays a game of football.

My last game might as well of been NFL Blitz,dude would just Blitz everyone and somehow never pay for it,crazy.And on Offense he ran the same route 90% of the time and it was always wide open no matter how many people I had on him.Ike Hilliard had like fuckin 15 catches,I mean...it was 10-7 at the beginning of the 4th and I just quit because it was pissing me off so bad.I really don't understand these people.Is running the same play over and over really fun or am I missing something? -_-

Ristamar

Ramirez said:
I believe Im done playing people I don't know.I have yet to run across one person who actually plays a game of football.

My last game might as well of been NFL Blitz,dude would just Blitz everyone and somehow never pay for it,crazy.And on Offense he ran the same route 90% of the time and it was always wide open no matter how many people I had on him.Ike Hilliard had like fuckin 15 catches,I mean...it was 10-7 at the beginning of the 4th and I just quit because it was pissing me off so bad.I really don't understand these people.Is running the same play over and over really fun or am I missing something? -_-

If what you're saying is accurate, and you were calling the right plays, what is truly lame is the fact that they can get away with that shit. Shame on EA for allowing it.

Maverick

It kicked me for fucking "excessive delay"

HAHAHAHA. What about the cats who blitz every down? Nah dog, theyre cool. TOP 100!

So I pop in ESPN Football and decide to do quick match? LOL. WHOOO GO FALCONS! I get to play against super Vick. I quit on the fucker after a quarter. I was up 6-3 but it just wasnt fun at all. I'm done playing it by the book and finishing games. If they're not playing football, I just quit.

What pisses me off about Madden is that I have 3 losses now that should have been wins against people using super teams when I was the CHargers. I'm telling you, Im a giant killer with LT. But because of my goddamn controller, I got booted. Ugh.

Hey EA, how about booting these cats who wont let me fix my depthcharts before games? They sit there smashing X for a few seconds before letting the clock run down on me.

Who from GA wants a game? right now.

Maverick

Ristamar said:
If what you're saying is accurate, and you were calling the right plays, what is truly lame is the fact that they can get away with that shit. Shame on EA for allowing it.

Oh, trust me, he's right. Lamers can do whatever they want. Since they practice the same play over and over, you will have a ridiculously hard time stopping it. Especially if you try to stick with a realistic game.

That's what happened in my ESPN game. I tried to keep it realistic on my side and then I ended up long bombing it over his bump and run single coverage all out blitz. You'd think I would have slaughtered him? Nah dog. Brown drops 2 easy TD romps and my TE drops the ball on the slightest tough across the middle.

Online football is always great for the first few days when no one knows the dirty tricks.

Fifty

I assume every videogame is full of nothing but idiots online :p That's why I only play with people on my friends list. It's a real pain in the ass if you can't do that.

Mrbob

Ok girlies, I'll be home later tonight and if Andy Douche bails on me in ESPN again its gonna be beatdown time for whoever wants some in Madden!

i lost to DM in double overtime (again, 2nd time i've lost to him in double OT) after missing 2 "easy" FG's (one from 40, one from 51). the fucking wind in tampa was a bitch! we both missed lots of fg's (dm missed 4 i think, i missed 3).

then, after shutting him down all day in the run, garner breaks a 70 yarder in OT on 3rd and inches. i can't believe i lost that game (again!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The DM curse still lives.

EekTheKat

I couldn't help but to laugh when Ray Lewis gets a back injury + is out for 11+ weeks in my francise LOL

The francise mode is a hoot, I hope they carry it over to EA Live this year.

i just played the first cheeser i couldn't stop.

he was ranked #3, so i decided i'd accept his challenge. he picked the falcons (what a surprise) and he would run one of the following plays:

1. 3 wide, audible to 5 wide, send a man in motion to vicks side, scramble to that side with vick and if you were playing Man D, the D would be "picked" by each other and someone would be open

2. Same play, if you play zone he would run with vick

3. Same play, if you stuffed the middle, he would throw to warrick dunn who was also covered by someone who was picked

those are the 3 plays he ran. it's not that it couldn't be stopped, but it was difficult to stop it 3 times in a row. i would have him in a 3rd and 15, and he would eventually get it. then on defense he would do all out blitz bullshit, which i burnt him on a few times but wtf what a joke. i hate to whine about it but fuck why can't people just play somewhat legit?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Cerebral Palsy said:
*cough*dskillz*cough*

Yeah 33% Blitz rate is really blitzing every down.

Maybe if you didn't run back with your QB 25 yards every play I wouldn't have to blitz. Do you think I am going to let Green run back and just wait for the WRs to come back to you? Hell no, actually if you look at the stats, my DLs got most of the sacks as your O-Line couldn't stop them forevere as you ran back waiting for something to happen.

Matrix

dskillzhtown said:

Maybe if you didn't run back with your QB 25 yards every play I wouldn't have to blitz. Do you think I am going to let Green run back and just wait for the WRs to come back to you? Hell no, actually if you look at the stats, my DLs got most of the sacks as your O-Line couldn't stop them forevere as you ran back waiting for something to happen.

Yea he did that shit to me too,I should have blitzed like you did.

Maverick

Hey Fifty and Factor, good games.

PH3AR DA CHARGELESS D!

Che, what I was trying to tell you was on that 3rd down I didnt mean to cheese it and drop back a thousand yards w/ the comback route but LT was supposed to flank out and he got blocked and fell, so I had to pull something out of my ass.

Fifty

That's ok. I just let him get open and for that I was pissed off. Much respect if you can stick with (and win with!) the Chargers. My record should turn around in 9 games :D

Although I still have to use the Colts, Falcons, Bucs, Giants, Jags, not bad teams. The Texans, Lions, and Niners (FMT can you hear me?) are the only really low ranked teams left :D

Maverick

Holy shit, I have won 5 straight games with the Chargers and am now ranked no. 4,277.

I'm actually 7-1 i believe overall w/ the chargeless and the one loss was because I couldn't stop Moss streaking down the field on my poor D.

Much props to Madden because I could never holds teams consistently to 10 pts a game with the Chargers in ESPN.

dskillzhtown said:

I never drop back 25 yards. 10 yards maybe, but 25 is a fucking outright lie.

Matrix said:
Yea he did that shit to me too,I should have blitzed like you did.

Bullshit. I played totally legit against you.

Maverick said:
Hey Fifty and Factor, good games.

PH3AR DA CHARGELESS D!

Che, what I was trying to tell you was on that 3rd down I didnt mean to cheese it and drop back a thousand yards w/ the comback route but LT was supposed to flank out and he got blocked and fell, so I had to pull something out of my ass.

Yeah, that was a fucking awesome game. I really made a run for it in the 4th. Those ints killed me though, and the 49 yard fieldgoal I BARELY missed =/ Dirty ass Chargers going down next time.

Maverick

Damn yo, I just won on a last second field goal with my Steelers. 10-9....I missed so many golden opportunities to put the guy away (Bucs), but Maddox drove me down at the end.

I'm ranked 3,360 now. Man, if only I hadn't had those controller disconnect games. I'd be giving FMT a run for his money!

Fifty

Matrix and play all the time, and we're so evenly matched that neither of us will ever get a good ranking :p

I've played 45 games and my ranking is in the 19 thousands. :D I value the trophies more, anyway. :)

Matrix

Cerebral Palsy said:
I never drop back 25 yards. 10 yards maybe, but 25 is a fucking outright lie.

Bullshit. I played totally legit against you.

Thats the biggest lie I have ever read on these gaming-age sports threads.You would drop back atleast 10 or 15 yards and the wd's would come back and then you would throw it.The first time I ever played you you beat me 12-7 and you did not have the art of doing that down.The second time you beat me by scoring 30 something points cause you pulled that crap and me being stupid didnt blitz you.So basically Dskillz and I are the liars and we dreamt this shit up? Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

edit- Lets just drop it so we dont get banned and this thread doesnt get locked..the game is in the past and we all are liars.

Matrix said:
Thats the biggest lie I have ever read on these gaming-age sports threads.You would drop back atleast 10 or 15 yards and the wd's would come back and then you would throw it.The first time I ever played you you beat me 12-7 and you did not have the art of doing that down.The second time you beat me by over 30 something points cause you pulled that crap and me being stupid didnt blitz you.So basically Dskillz and I are the liars and we dreamt this shit up? Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

edit- Lets just drop it so we dont get banned and this thread doesnt get locked..the game is in the past and we all are liars.

Says the man who ran the ball twice the entire game. I might have won because I knew you were passing every single play? No, that couldn't be it.

Mode: Ranked
Qtr Length: 4 minutes
Difficulty: All-Pro
Opponent: matrixadw

Final score: Gunther Factor 31 vs. matrixadw 16

Statistics Gunther Factor matrixadw
Rushing attempts for 19 2
Rushing yards for 60 -6
Passing attempts for 25 32
Passing yards for 271 115
Punts 0 4
Fake punts
Field goals for 1 1
Long field goals (40+) for 1 0
Fake kicks
Times player went for two
Rushing touchdowns for 0 0
Passing touchdowns for 4 0
Returns touchdowns for 0 0
Defensive touchdowns for 0 2
Turnovers for 2 4
Interceptions for 2 4
Sacks for 0 1
Number of third downs 9 8
Third down conversions 4 1
Fourth down attempts
Fourth down rushing plays 0 0
Fourth down passing plays 0 2
Fourth down conversions
Fourth-and-long situations
Fourth-and-long attempts
No-huddle plays 0 2
Audibles called 0 1
Hot routes used 0 7
Scrambles 0 0
Option plays
Shotgun plays 12 14
Hail Mary plays
Blitzes 12 12
Time of possession 10:37 5:23

Fifty

That seems like it was an ugly game. To segue into the next topic, and to leave our woes behind, I will post a picture of TJ Slaughter.

Slaughter_TJ.jpg

Matrix

I was the friggin Texans going up against the Chiefs and you were killing me with the bs passing,yes lets play 4 mins quarters and not have enough time to get back in the game while I run it and the clock ticks away faster.

PS- anyone that has played as the Texans online knows how shitty Davis is running and how shitty the Texans O line is,its not like I can pull a Portis or Lewis out of my ass.Mixing it up wouldnt have solved the problem of your passing game anyway.

dskillzhtown

CP, you may not realize it, but you do drop back 15-20 yards every single pasing play. I don't care because I know exactly how to defeat that kind of play. My beef is the fact you are going to call me out for my style of blitzing, yet fail to realize that your play is the what causes it in the first place. I have played many people on this board and you are the only one to complain about my style of play. I really do not like that stuff at all because you calling me out as an unfair player, when that is not the case.

Ask CK, FMT, Gunstar if I play dirty or unfair. Blitzing 33% of the time is not exactly out of the ordinary for an NFL team, especially one in the 3-4. But if you think that my play is dirty, then I guess I will end my record with you 2-0.

Slo

Any tips for stopping the run? I'm consistantly getting pummelled on the ground, even when I stack the line. Damn Vikings defense. :(

dskillzhtown

Slo said:
Any tips for stopping the run? I'm consistantly getting pummelled on the ground, even when I stack the line. Damn Vikings defense. :(

Are you having a hard time stopping the run up the middle or when the run bounces outside?

Top Bottom