• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2005 Thread

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Ask Dm what he did to me with Mike ASScolt :p Espn running is just as bad as last year,its just been switched from broken tackles to super should charges and super head butts.

LOL!

I ran down what, 4 guys? 3 of them I aimed at! I could have easily just ran for the TD but I slowed down to hit players with Y hahahaha

Cloudy

Banned
I played DM in week 1 and held Alstott to 94 yards (he got 59 in one play where I was in pass coverage) which is pretty realistic. Play better run d and stop blaming the game...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex you play with good teams,watch what happens to houston when DM uses him...

"LOL!

I ran down what, 4 guys? 3 of them I aimed at! I could have easily just ran for the TD but I slowed down to hit players with Y hahahaha""

Exactly,and I was playing perfect D for the run Konex.

Cloudy

Banned
Like Gunstarr told me, the best defense (if your team sux) to a good rusher is to score early and often (Hi, Fifty :p)

If you give him no reason to pass, of course you'll get rushed over eventually....

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I played DM in week 1 and held Alstott to 94 yards (he got 59 in one play where I was in pass coverage) which is pretty realistic. Play better run d and stop blaming the game...

Um, I had like 150 team rushing yards :p You forgot Garner also had 60+ yards.

Cloudy

Banned
Um, I had like 150 team rushing yards :p You forgot Garner also had 60+ yards.

30 attempts for 154 yds with a 59 yd run included is not unrealistic. And this is in 6 minute quarters so I dunno how you guys can bash the running game but whatever...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can I bash the unrealistic passing game?

And Konex we all know why you hate madden,it might be stiff to you,but you still stink at it....that would cause anyone to hate it.

You think madden plays stiff..I think Espn plays like somone with ADD who is also smoking crack on the side.

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
30 attempts for 154 yds with a 59 yd run included is not unrealistic. And this is in 6 minute quarters so I dunno how you guys can bash the running game but whatever...

Ok how about 17 rushes for 237 yards? Or how about 21 rushes for 170 yards against the Ravens?

Cloudy

Banned
Where did I ever say I hate Madden, dude? Madden is a good game but why can't we talk about it in this thread without folks talking about the "flaws" in ESPN? :)

Or how about 21 rushes for 170 yards against the Ravens?

G. Hearst 21 170 8.1 Long = 80 and I didn't break any tackles on this play. Fifty just got caught in bad coverage....

I dunno which game the first stats are from but why not post some stats from games where folks had like 20 yards? That's right, it doesn't support your argument :p

Matrix

"17 rushes for 237 yards"

Damnnnnnn roofles

Fifty

I've been having some problems with my friends list. It takes much longer for it to appear, and twice today...the person I've wanted to play has not appeared on my friends list, yet everyone else did. That's really messed up.

Fifty

Cloudy said:
Like Gunstarr told me, the best defense (if your team sux) to a good rusher is to score early and often (Hi, Fifty :p)

Well yeah....With your DBs playing like NFL players and my guys holding their thumbs up their asses, of course you're going to score early and often.

I don't know who brought ESPN up in this thread, but it's not really worth it. Bob, both your wins came against me when you weren't using the Bears. :p

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Where did I ever say I hate Madden, dude? Madden is a good game but why can't we talk about it in this thread without folks talking about the "flaws" in ESPN? :)

G. Hearst 21 170 8.1 Long = 80 1

I dunno which game the first stats are from but why not post some stats from games where folks had like 20 yards? That's right, it doesn't support your argument :p

I swear you threw out the words" Im getting rid of madden after the tourney" In my mind with those words,the fact that you cant win and complain its stiff *whats that mean ?* it pretty much tells me you dont like that game at all,maybe hate is a strong word but if you're getting rid of the game after only a couple of weeks,well hate is pretty close to what you have for madden games.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
"17 rushes for 237 yards"

Damnnnnnn roofles

LOL

I just noticed im averaging over 10 yards a carry with Alstott

25 carries for 257 yards for the season. He's coming! Y button!

Matrix

Y SEE YOU! Y IS COMING FOR YOU! Y GOD Y!

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix said:
I swear you threw out the words" Im getting rid of madden after the tourney" In my mind with those words,the fact that you cant win and complain its stiff *whats that mean ?* it pretty much tells me you dont like that game at all,maybe hate is a strong word but if you're getting rid of the game after only a couple of weeks,well hate is pretty close to what you have for madden games.

And didn't Shadow and Astro say the same thing in that thread? Are they also 0-9? I don't like how it plays but that doesn't mean I hate it or think it's a bad game.....

Matrix

I dont care about them Konex...I care about you :p

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, you can go on XBL and check our league rushing stats there. Hearst has only 7 broken tackles in 3 games and I have 386 yds total. Do we blame the "Y button" for that? The guys I've played (besides DM) just suck at run defense :p

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
BTW, you can go on XBL and check our league rushing stats there. Hearst has only 7 broken tackles in 3 games and I have 386 yds total. Do we blame the "Y button" for that? The guys I've played (besides DM) just suck at run defense :p

Thanks for pointing me towards this

Kevin Barlow - 42 broken tackles, cant say FMT is just complaining...

Domanick Davis (5'9, 216 lbs) - 40 broken tackles

Tiki Barber (5'10, 200 lbs) - 30 broken tackles

and Matrix's favorite player. Mike Alstott - 34 broken tackles on 25 rushing attempts! Watch out Matrix, he's coming!

Matrix

DMczaf

I need to stop using Garner and start using Alstott ALL game, I could have over 100 broken tackles by now and its only week 3! New gameplan!

Cloudy

Banned
DMczaf said:
Thanks for pointing me towards this

Kevin Barlow - 42 broken tackles, cant say FMT is just complaining...

Domanick Davis (5'9, 216 lbs) - 40 broken tackles

Tiki Barber (5'10, 200 lbs) - 30 broken tackles

and Matrix's favorite player. Mike Alstott - 34 broken tackles on 25 rushing attempts! Watch out Matrix, he's coming!

Umm, Alstott only has 17 broken tackles, Barber has 15 and Davis has 20. Look again. Is that so unrealistic thru 3 games?

Like I said, you may not like the game but why exaggerate stuff? :p

Like Madden is perfect...

p.s. I finally won some games last night! Also got my first 100+ yard rushing game. Still miss random fieldgoals because I suck, which has caused me to lose countless close games. 4-10 record now

Fifty

I think by now most of us are set in our mindsets as to which game we prefer. Let's keep the ESPN talk in an ESPN thread and the Madden talk here. It's pointless to argue over that stuff here.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i swear to you i have had a game (in the 2nd tourney) where i broke 28 tackles in one game with stephen davis.

Smells of bullshit. In all of my online games I've played the average amount of broken tackles is about 5-8 max.

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i swear to you i have had a game (in the 2nd tourney) where i broke 28 tackles in one game with stephen davis.

Dude, even Ricky frikken' Williams has only 8 broken tackles thru 3 weeks in the league. Again, stop exaggerrating :p

I think by now most of us are set in our mindsets as to which game we prefer. Let's keep the ESPN talk in an ESPN thread and the Madden talk here. It's pointless to argue over that stuff here.

Agreed....

Drey1082

Cerebral Palsy said:

p.s. I finally won some games last night! Also got my first 100+ yard rushing game. Still miss random fieldgoals because I suck, which has caused me to lose countless close games. 4-10 record now

Field goals in this game are extremely hard compared to previous years, and i'm not exactly sure why, because it's pretty much the same meter. I miss random field goals too, just like you. I missed a big game winning one against matrix in our tourney game. Matrix even missed an extra point. I'm not complaining about it. It's actually kinda cool that they're tough, but man, it's so different from last year. Just can't get the timing down, which usually only took me a few games in previous versions.

Fifty said:

Yes, we don't need another set of bannings.

Anyway, the running game is hard when you don't follow the play and try to go renegade into 3 LBs. I've been able to pull off 15 yd runs on toss plays (which was impossible to do in 2004) and broke a 40 yard run in the Super Bowl. I've also been stuffed more frequently on goal line runs, too. That could explain why I'm not always scoring more than 24 pts a game.

Ramirez

Well I just had my worst game ever against FMT...its 0-0 til like 50 seconds left in the 2nd qtr...he finally scores and like a dumbass I try to pass instead of just ending the qtr...I throw a pick,then he scores again before the half. =( Then in the 2nd half I'm driving twice and Deuce fumbles on both drives,Hines drops a wide open pass,etc. Just wasn't my game...I had more total yards too,damnit!!

Mrbob

Cerebral Palsy said:

I've missed two extra points already. :/

Bowser

FrenchMovieTheme said:

BITCH ARE YOU PLAYING WITH MY PANTHERS? DON'T FUCKIN USE MY PANTHERS, PUSSYFACE!

Fifty

Does everyone here use the default camera? I have problems seeing the outside WR on out routes, or if I'm using the CB... I can see fine when he's deep , but quick passes screw me over if I'm manuall covering a guy outside.

Mrbob

Do you guys think Madden will ever move beyond having Michaels and Madden in the booth? I get so damn bored listening to them talk. I have to turn it off. I'd love to see Madden try to match the commentary and presentation shown in ESPN. It just seems so bland in Madden.

Fifty

Mrbob said:
Do you guys think Madden will ever move beyond having Michaels and Madden in the booth? I get so damn bored listening to them talk. I have to turn it off. I'd love to see Madden try to match the commentary and presentation shown in ESPN. It just seems so bland in Madden.

Yeah, and their little bit where Michaels says "I'm going to have to steal one of your words here when I say BOOM" or something along those lines just drives me crazy. :D

Bowser said:
Ok sorry. It was just lighthearted fun :D

It's fine, I just don't want someone else mistaking it for something ban worthy. ;)

OK, so I completed my first franchise season, and it's been interesting to say the least. When you don't re-sign people, they either say it's too bad, or they basically mock you, saying they'll get even next year, haha. It's great...

BTW, is anyone having trouble returning kicks? In particular, poor blocking by your own team? Looks like I need to mess around with the substitutions section if it's just me...

I haven't seen a single penalty besides kicking the ball out of bounds on a return. No face masks, no clipping, no offsides, and no pi calls. Not one real penalty in 14 games online.

WasabiKing said:
BTW, is anyone having trouble returning kicks? In particular, poor blocking by your own team? Looks like I need to mess around with the substitutions section if it's just me...

I haven't had a big problem returning. I probably average to about the 25 yard line. I've had about 4 or 5 returns where I could have taken it all the way, but momentum got me and I ended up in the back of my blockers every time... No luck. Think my longest return was about 50 yards.

Matrix

No problems returning the ball,I have actually ran back a couple of td's on fifty :p One was pure luck,but I still did it.

Top Bottom