• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2008 Xbox 360 League Interest Thread: Obey your Master... Master!

it's that time again... time for the madden league interest thread! the funny thing about madden leagues is that i think there are literally 12-16 people every year right off the bat who are always in. there won't really be a draft either, because most teams are locked up. but for those that AREN'T, it's for you. plus maybe some vets dont want to play? i don't know. anyways here are some details about the league.

. the league is run on www.leaguedaddy.com. our site isn't up right now, but it will be re-opened when the game releases.

2. you have to enter your own stats after games. this includes team stats as well as individual player stats. and yes, you have to. if this is too much of a hassle don't join the league.

3. this is a sim league. no bullshit. rules are usually tough but fair. you usually ahve appox 5 days to play each week.

4. league will be based on the premise that madden 08 has a decent online network connection. i can live with lag every now and again, but not like last year.

never played in one of our leagues? check it out! Go Madden!

http://www.49ers-age.com/games/madden.html (all time madden gaf league records!)

i plan on updating the records site within the coming weeks. there are 2 seasons missing from madden 07 360 because of all the crap that was going on at the time, and i didn't have the time or desire to do it, but it will be reflected in time.... dm...

does this sound fun to you? or are you on the list below and you DONT want in? just let me know! also, apologies if i forgot anyone, im just going off memory!
----

1. FMT - 49ers*
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers*
3. Rors - Raiders*
4. Ramirez - Steelers*
5. Wellington - Giants*
6. Slo - Vikings*
7. Shawnhann - Cowboys*
8. Truelize - Falcons*
9. DCX - Browns*
10. Conex - Jaguars*
11. Matrix - Texans*
12. DammittMatt - ?
13. Ando - Broncos*
14. MrBob - Bears*
15. ColdBlooded - Eagles*
16. Gunstar - Eagles*
17. CP - Chiefs*
18. Malleymal - Chiefs*
19. Lonestar - Seahawks*
20. Bluemax - Chargers*
21. Sickboy - Chargers*
22. Vumpler - Panthers*
23. Sableholic - Redskins*
24. Livewire - Redskins*
25. luke - colts*
26. denogginizer
27. gcq - cardinals
28. jube - patriots
29. zep - Rams*
30. pheeniks - Dolphins*
31. LJ11 - Bills
32. Striker - ? certainly not the giants...
33. AZgreg - Packers*
34. chrisjames - Lions
35. variance - my bad i didn't see you :(
36. yacobod
37. birdman02
38. AirBrian
39. Shogun
40. bosevan

DMczaf

II. Peyton Manning Fraud of the Year

A. DMczaf - two playoff appearances, two untimely exists. Peyton would be proud!

B. Runners Up: None!

Who's the Fraud now?!

MrBob

Fifty

I'm back, provided it's not a giant joke of a game online like last year's. Oh how I miss those glory days...Glory days yeah goin back
Glory days aw he ain't never had
Glory days, glory days

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
I think it's time for me to come back and stink up the league again.

Peyton's downfall is nigh, gimme the Colts

Time to mark down another victim of the Colts Curse.

DCX

DCX
I'm in...will donate blood to buy the game also...man being a father of two is draining... anyway, in with the Browns and taking the Falcons season 2.

DCX

gimme the Colts

losing season confirmed :(

also, this isn't a team selection thread, but if you have been in leagues prior you will get "your team", and if another vet gets your team you will have first pick from the other teams. sorry new dudes who want the 49ers and all the other greats, but you have to reward people who have been there before!

Fifty

Sign me up. If 25 people are already in, I can't sleep at night knowing my name isn't on the list. Lag or no lag..Willis McGahee is coming!

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Sign me up. If 25 people are already in, I can't sleep at night knowing my name isn't on the list. Lag or no lag..Willis McGahee is coming!

"Last seen 4/30/07"

Damn :lol You might want to check to see if your 360 even works anymore!

if there is a * next to the team, they are taken by someone for sure. the only way that team would be available if that person doesn't want to play in the league.

LiveWire

I'm in, thanks FMT. Since we're likely going to have two seasons, Sable and I can take a turn at the helm of the Skins if that's ok with him.

Or, playoff for it!
35-28 OT Browns def Redskins NEVER FORGET! :D

LiveWire said:
I'm in, thanks FMT. Since we're likely going to have two seasons, Sable and I can take a turn at the helm of the Skins if that's ok with him.

Or, playoff for it!
35-28 OT Browns def Redskins NEVER FORGET! :D

Either way is fine by me. If you want we can face off and whoever wins gets them the first season and whoever loses the 2nd. Oh and please don't remind me of that game

Fifty

DMczaf said:
"Last seen 4/30/07"

I've been on a sabbatical. Video games are only a minor part of my fascinating, multidimensional life.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
"Last seen 4/30/07"

:lol :lol

newsguy said:
You're lucky I don't have time for XBL like I used to or I would battle you to the death. Treat them right :(

I'm tearing it up with Dan the Man in APF...and I will destroy with Trent!

newsguy

pheeniks said:
I'm tearing it up with Dan the Man in APF...and I will destroy with Trent!

lol, I got so used to Dan in the game, that when I try playing with other guys I feel like they all throw like crap. Everything seems floaty when they don't have the quick release!

My name isn't on the list :( I was the Dolphins in last year's league (thanks Culpepper!!!)

But anyway, yes to Madden
and an NCAA league!!!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
They better not do some online update and take Vick outta the game. :(

And Luke with the Colts? Right on! Good luck buddy. I was the latest victim to the curse. It was a rough year.

They better not do some online update and take Vick outta the game. :(

:lol they will. joey sunshine in your future!

joey_2

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i make a post in the ncaa asking that everyone report on lag so i can look into a league and i get no responses!

I only played one game and the only lag was in the kicking meter. You better not give newbies teams before I get to pick from the one or two that are available!!! :/

LiveWire

newsguy said:
lol, I got so used to Dan in the game, that when I try playing with other guys I feel like they all throw like crap. Everything seems floaty when they don't have the quick release!

Most guys with Rocket Arm will negate that feeling, particularly one Superbowl Champion Mr. Mark Rypien who will be schooling all your asses next week! :D

Rorschach

w00t I'm included this time. :D

Raiders will dominate their division this year...and not just for the first half this time!

Fifty

Slo said:
We have 33 teams? :lol

Considering how many people might flake out/not like/get the game, it's a good idea to have more rather than less...although 40 would be pushing it. :lol

Birdman02

I want in this one if there's room. Team doesn't really matter to me (since FMT and a few others would want my 49ers). i'll take whoever is left.

I finally got in my 1st GAF madden league at the end of last year, and I want some more of that action.
Hopefully better than my 6-10 effort last season :(

GT: Birdman1702

EDIT: Looks like the Jets are still open...I'll take them

AirBrian

I want in!

Don't care about the teams since I'm sure the Bears and 9ers are both taken already. I do refuse to play with the Cowgirls or Packers though. ;-)

GT = AirBrian

EDIT: I'll take the Titans. Hook 'em, baby!

You can count me in if there's still room.

I probably won't buy the game if I'm not in the leauge, so just let me know if there's room or whatever...

-and I'll take the Lions (Calvin Johnson's gonna go ape shit).

Top Bottom