• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

Birdman02

DCX said:
Ummm... TD catches?! Dallas and Minnesota needs to be doing some fixing! 63 TD receptions?

DCX

That's twice i've tried to inflate stats :D ...I guess I need to actually pay attention when entering!!

That was by far one of the craziest finishes I have ever seen.

30 seconds left, I get a bomb to a wide open Jacobs for a huge td and 7 pt lead. The kickoff then gets returned all the way for a TD leaving like 4 seconds on the clock. I get the ball back and drop back for a bomb attempt and then Smith fumbles and the Falcons recover and almost score but a lineman tackles him. OT: Falcons get the ball to start and after a couple firsts then on 3rd down the final play of the game is a huge bomb where it looked like there was nothing.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
That was by far one of the craziest finishes I have ever seen.

30 seconds left, I get a bomb to a wide open Jacobs for a huge td and 7 pt lead. The kickoff then gets returned all the way for a TD leaving like 4 seconds on the clock. I get the ball back and drop back for a bomb attempt and then Smith fumbles and the Falcons recover and almost score but a lineman tackles him. OT: Falcons get the ball to start and after a couple firsts then on 3rd down the final play of the game is a huge bomb where it looked like there was nothing.
Yeah it was a crazy game! Vick had a break out game running the ball, mainly due to you being one of not the only team that didn't Spy ALL GAME!! With that said i missed some chances to drive the field and score. My drives stalled around mid field. My D wasn't doing their part either, just giving up first downs here and there. They allowed VD to get alot of important third down catches to keep the drives going. I thought i was a done. You scored on a long, blown coverage play that went for 70-80 yards...on the ensuing kickoff i returned it to the house!! 100 yd return! Then with 28 seconds i really thought he would just run the clock down and go to OT, but he tried to win the game!! and off a sack i caused a fumble, recovered and ran it to the 5 yd line before i was tackled!! lol crazy shit! Then i got the ball first in OT, almost had a three and out, i think it was third and like 5 or so after a couple of huge runs from Dunn i threw a risky desperation TD bomb to Lellie for the win! He had a LB covering him so i knew if i wasn't pressured i could get the ball off once he broke the route open. Good game, i was sweating bullets!

DCX

DCX said:
Then with 28 seconds

It was actually 3 seconds thats why I just tried to bomb it figuring whats the worst that could happen lol. Oh and I did play spy a lot (almost the whole game), just happened to be you caught me the few times I wasnt lol.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bluemax,I can play now.

My aim isnt working.

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
Bluemax,I can play now.

My aim isnt working.

From now on I am milking the damn clock for all it's ****ing worth. I'm sick of losing on Hail Mary's. Nothing I do stops them. I go 3 guys deep, and birddump beats me with some crossing route magic. I go man to man and double team a guy even and Matrix gets behind it.

The Madden gods don't want me to win come backs apparently.

BirdBomb

Banned
bluemax said:
From now on I am milking the damn clock for all it's ****ing worth. I'm sick of losing on Hail Mary's. Nothing I do stops them. I go 3 guys deep, and birddump beats me with some crossing route magic. I go man to man and double team a guy even and Matrix gets behind it.

The Madden gods don't want me to win come backs apparently.

? I thought i saw the last of you when u were walking off the field in defeat? Remember...i played a pickup game like i was the super bowl...Are we allowed to leave, then come back when we want?

bluemax

Banned
BirdBomb said:
? I thought i saw the last of you when u were walking off the field in defeat? Remember...i played a pickup game like i was the super bowl...Are we allowed to leave, then come back when we want?

Apparently no one got the memo because I've gotten game requests for every one of my games since except the Broncos game.

I played them all and kept my mouth shut regardless of the outcomes. I don't really care that I lost this one other than I'm sick of coming back and losing on desperation throws. I had the ball and Matrix had no timeouts and I was on his 0 yard line down a TD. I wanted to make sure I scored, but I should've ran more time off. I just wish I knew how to stop those magical desperation throws because this is like the 4th time in two season I've lost on one, and I seem to give up a good number of TDs on them.

I know he used play action to get behind my guys but that's about all I have to go on right now. Shrug.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Learn how to you use free safety/strong safety well buddy. You can almost eliminate the long ball if you can perfect that. Im to the point where the only time i ever get burnt long is if its 1 on 1, or i go for the pick instead of swatting. Check the league daddy page, i got the stats to back it up :)

Passing Yards Allowed
1 Philadelphia Eagles 669

Passing TD's Allowed
1 Baltimore Ravens 4
2 Philadelphia Eagles 4

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bluemax said:
Apparently no one got the memo because I've gotten game requests for every one of my games since except the Broncos game.

I played them all and kept my mouth shut regardless of the outcomes. I don't really care that I lost this one other than I'm sick of coming back and losing on desperation throws. I had the ball and Matrix had no timeouts and I was on his 0 yard line down a TD. I wanted to make sure I scored, but I should've ran more time off. I just wish I knew how to stop those magical desperation throws because this is like the 4th time in two season I've lost on one, and I seem to give up a good number of TDs on them.

I know he used play action to get behind my guys but that's about all I have to go on right now. Shrug.

I myself would have backed the coverage off and played Prevent,you should have figured I was going to bomb one out.It looks like you played bump coverage on Bennett but maybe I was seeing things,which always backfires on deep throws in this game.

You were milking some at the end which was the smart thing to do,but I did jump off sides to stop the clock cause I was out of timeouts and I knew I couldnt stop your hb from scoring.

It was a tuff loss for you,but you didnt have much going all game on O *I didnt either,so dont take that as a slam* till that ugh I call them all lucky kick return td.

GG anyway.

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
I myself would have backed the coverage off and played Prevent,you should have figured I was going to bomb one out.It looks like you played bump coverage on Bennett but maybe I was seeing things,which always backfires on deep throws in this game.

You were milking some at the end which was the smart thing to do,but I did jump off sides to stop the clock cause I was out of timeouts and I knew I couldnt stop your hb from scoring.

It was a tuff loss for you,but you didnt have much going all game on O *I didnt either,so dont take that as a slam* till that ugh I call them all lucky kick return td.

GG anyway.

Yeah another one of those games where I had nothing going on offense most of the game and still managed to make it close right at the end. I hate throwing up these 7-23 Phillip Rivers games (Eric Parker 3 drops FTL). I haven't been practicing regularly so I guess that explains the inconsistency.

That kick return was crazy, Cromartie spun out of like 3 guys and went the rest of the way. 105 yards apparently.

I went man to man, with double on your outside most guy because the last time I called a 3 deep prevent I got torched. I probably should've just played safeties deep there. Shrug.

Sophomore slump I guess.

Andokuky

Banned
bluemax said:
I've gotten game requests for every one of my games since except the Broncos game.

That sucks, I was under the impression you quit since I thought I saw you say it and then you never posted anymore. I just assumed the Chargers games were being played by subs so I got a sub. If you wanna get our game done legit just let me know and I'll play you.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
BirdBomb said:
Ooh, Bon...where are you? Our game was planned for Tuesday night, and i haven't seen you on since
Yeah i haven't talked to him either o_O... Hopefully he'll show up today sometime.

bosevan

Hey guys, really sorry I have not been around in the last 2 weeks, I have some pretty serious family stuff going on and only have a1-2 hours every few days to play. I am going to try to make some time this weekend but honestly I don't know how much time I will be able to get free. If we need to play a game I should be available for a ltille while tonite. Just AIM me and if I can play I will respond pretty quickly. Again apologys. :(

malleymal I don't have your AIM so if you could just IM me when you could play?

Yo Stubs Mcslim, I'm down to play our game today as well if you have time. I'd love to get our game out the way today as tonight looks pretty open. Holler at me!!

hgplayer1

for anyone who has a game with me I can play tonight.

Ill be logged into Live all night so you can msg me there. Im also loggin into AIM right now so you can find me there.

CB3

Birdman02 said:
Good game CB... turnovers (and Brian Westbrook) really killed me!!!

Brian Westbrook kills everyone :)

except CK. You mother****er. And Matrix. You both are assholes

CB3

Wellington said:
You should have known based on how many times we have played.

But i still got the win!

your still an asshole matrix. Id be chasing perfection if not for you!

CB3

He may be leading the league in rushing, but what team is ahead of you with one less game played?
You said ahead of you, but not in rushing

Real men get it done with 1 back

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
You said ahead of you, but not in rushing

Real men get it done with 1 back

Well, both BJac and Tiki have higher YPC, so if I wanted to I am pretty sure I could beat him in total yardage.

Top Bottom