• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Nightz

Striker said:
Nightz,

We can play later if you're around, I will be home. If not, tomorrow will be OK after 3 PM EST.
I'm heading out to play some football with my buddies. I'll try to catch you if you're still around when I get home.

Striker

Nightz said:
Striker, would 7:15-ish PST work for you?
I should be available around 10:30 or 11 EST, sure.

Scanned the sim between Marshall/Texas Tech, lost 51-3. :lol Kind of felt it wouldn't have been close due to my ratings of most players.

2 minutes to go down 30-0 and he throws deep twice....the last time going 5 wide. Fuck you Kanzolo, you unsportsmanlike piece of shit. I hope your RB is out for the year, you deserve it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
storybook77 said:
2 minutes to go down 30-0 and he throws deep twice....the last time going 5 wide. Fuck you Kanzolo, you unsportsmanlike piece of shit. I hope your RB is out for the year, you deserve it.

:lol Damn.

He didn't go for it on 4th down, though, right?

Lonestar said:
:lol Damn.

He didn't go for it on 4th down, though, right?

He did once, I think it was 27-0 nothing or some shit like that at my 36....4th and 2...but I managed to stop him in that case. Jackass.

The passing wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't run my whole drive before that with kill clock on so I was obviously conceding.

KanZolo

storybook77 said:
2:00 mins left, down 0-30 you go for it on fourth down. That's ok though, right?

Thats the only reason I threw it deep. And I ran out the clock after that so whatevs.

storybook77 said:
He did once, I think it was 27-0 nothing or some shit like that at my 36....4th and 2...but I managed to stop him in that case. Jackass.

The passing wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't run my whole drive before that with kill clock on so I was obviously conceding.

Lies. I went for it on fourth in the 1st or second quarter (up by no more than 14) when I was at my 36, and the game suggested I go for it so I did.

I did not see you running out the clock and you were still passing and, like I said, went for it on 4th down, thats not conceding,
storybook77 said:
I ran kill clock that whole drive....fuck you, bitch!

You threw deep TWICE on that last drive....last time because you got a holding penalty, boo fucking hoo!
1st and 19, you still could have gotten ball back so I threw it.

KanZolo said:
2:00 mins left, down 0-30 you go for it on fourth down. That's ok though, right?

Thats the only reason I threw it deep. And I ran out the clock after that so whatevs.

You threw deep TWICE on that last drive....last time because you got a holding penalty, boo fucking hoo!

EDIT: Yet you made a 58 yd FG later in the game....really?

Out of all the people in this league, YOU are the only one I've had issues with.

GCQuinton

225px-Judge_Roy_Snyder.png

KanZolo

storybook77 said:

EDIT: Yet you made a 58 yd FG later in the game....really?

Out of all the people in this league, YOU are the only one I've had issues with.

Yes, I made it LATER in the game with :06 left in the 1st half. I had no choice to go for a FG.

I apologize for being unsportsmanlike (passing those two times) that is not my style. I only did that after you went for it on 4th down, which I do not see as "conceding"

And as far as I know YOU are the only person who has had problems with me.

KanZolo said:
Yes, I made it LATER in the game with :06 left in the 1st half. I had no choice to go for a FG.

I apologize for being unsportsmanlike (passing those two times) that is not my style. I only did that after you went for it on 4th down, which I do not see as "conceding"

And as far as I know YOU are the only person who has had problems with me.

Jesus Christ, I was just trying to get a first down at the least to keep the clock moving, or god forbid actually score so I didn't get completely shut out. I had the ball at the beginning of the fourth quarter and you got the ball back with 2:00 minutes to go, does that really seem like I was in a rush to try and score. I wasn't throwing deep down the field and ran more than half the time that drive.

KanZolo

storybook77 said:
Jesus Christ, I was just trying to get a first down at the least to keep the clock moving, or god forbid actually score so I didn't get completely shut out. I had the ball at the beginning of the fourth quarter and you got the ball back with 2:00 minutes to go, does that really seem like I was in a rush to try and score. I wasn't throwing deep down the field and ran more than half the time that drive.
I don't know your intentions. I wanted to ensure you didn't get the ball back. Running it 3 times in a row would have caused a punt. I wasn't throwing for the endzone and I had run the clock on as well.

KanZolo said:
I don't know your intentions. I wanted to ensure you didn't get the ball back. Running it 3 times in a row would have caused a punt. I wasn't throwing for the endzone and I had run the clock on as well.

WTF??? Afraid I was going to score 27 points in under 2 minutes? :lol

mik said:
MWS, what's a good day/time for our rematch?

Sorry Mik a female friend wants to come over tonight so I won't be able to play, come hell or high water I will play tomorrow. Sorry about the sudden scheduling change =(

Edit:

WTF Kanzolo!? You bad Owl you! :lol

GCQuinton

Roy_Snyder.png

On the grounds of unsportsmanlike conduct by way of attempting to run up the score, KanZolo is found guilty and will be issued a warning. If he does it again against someone else this season, his game will get thrown out and simmed.

The clown is down.

KanZolo

...except I didn't run up the score but ok

Edit: I didn't attempt to run up the score either, I threw two passes of 15 yards (not including YAC). I wasn't taking shots in the endzone. I was't constantly throwing.

I could have been a dick and run the clock out at half but I didn't so he had a better chance of coming back.

mik

mik is unbeatable
KanZolo said:
I went for it on fourth in the 1st or second quarter (up by no more than 14) when I was at my 36, and the game suggested I go for it so I did.
That's pretty corny.

KanZolo

I'm not gonna punt from my 36(actually I think I mistyped and was at his 36) and didn't know at the timethe ability of my kicker, I don't see the problem with going for it in that situation.

KanZolo said:
...except I didn't run up the score but ok

Edit: I didn't attempt to run up the score either, I threw two passes of 15 yards (not including YAC). I wasn't taking shots in the endzone. I was't constantly throwing.

I could have been a dick and run the clock out at half but I didn't so he had a better chance of coming back.
That's not being a dick, that would have been good football strategy. What you did at the end of the game was being a dick. 5 wide, all receivers.

It was MY 36 and your kicker obviously has plenty of leg. It didn't matter in the end and I only brought it up because someone asked.

KanZolo

storybook77 said:
That's not being a dick, that would have been good football strategy. What you did at the end of the game was being a dick. 5 wide, all receivers.
I think it is being a dick, running it out before the 4th.

Can you explain why it is ok for you to go for it on 4th down when you have on chance at winning but I can't throw the ball twice to keep the ball from you?

EDIT:
It was MY 36 and your kicker obviously has plenty of leg. It didn't matter in the end and I only brought it up because someone asked.
Someone asked if I went for it on 4th and you said it was when I was up 27 even though it wasn't. It's a legitimate situation to go for it. I didn't know how good my kicker was then so i didn't want to go for a 51 yarder.

DCX

DCX
KanZolo said:

Can you explain why it is ok for you to go for it on 4th down when you have on chance at winning but I can't throw the ball twice to keep the ball from you?

People should know when they are beat is lesson one. Lesson two is, if you are throwing with a lead that big, that's a douche move. Just run...who cares if you lose your shutout. You will win.

Understood a first down seals the game, but 20 seconds or so for him also seals it :/

DCX

KanZolo said:

EDIT:

Someone asked if I went for it on 4th and you said it was when I was up 27 even though it wasn't. It's a legitimate situation to go for it. I didn't know how good my kicker was then so i didn't want to go for a 51 yarder.
I knew you'd be a dick since you've been like that with me in a previous season so wanted to get a first down and finish running down the clock myself. I'm done with this. Time for you to move on and stop acting like the victim.

I misremembered when the 4th down attempt occurred but it wasn't what I was pissed about anyway.

Striker

Kickers will be a problem for me. My K cannot make anything past 39-40 yards, therefore I am relatively forced to go for it, as I've did in my game vs. WVU.

Meanwhile, Michigan St.'s kicker has 99 PWR and 98 ACC, just sayin'.

KanZolo

storybook77 said:
I knew you'd be a dick since you've been like that with me in a previous season so wanted to get a first down and finish running down the clock myself. I'm done with this. Time for you to move on and stop acting like the victim.

I misremembered when the 4th down attempt occurred but it wasn't what I was pissed about anyway.
I don't play like a dick, no other complaints. I am not acting like a victim.

I am simply saying that it's a double standard that you can play "unrealistic" by passing and going for it on fourth at the end of a blowout so you can run out the clock but if I pass to run out the clock I am being a dick.

Striker said:
Kickers will be a problem for me. My K cannot make anything past 39-40 yards, therefore I am relatively forced to go for it, as I've did in my game vs. WVU.

Meanwhile, Michigan St.'s kicker has 99 PWR and 98 ACC, just sayin'.
I didn't know my kickers rating, I played one game previously. Obviously I know now that he can hit the long ball

mik

mik is unbeatable
KanZolo said:
I'm not gonna punt from my 36(actually I think I mistyped and was at his 36) and didn't know at the timethe ability of my kicker, I don't see the problem with going for it in that situation.
If it was his 36 then, yeah, that's probably what I would have done too.

Nightz

GCQuinton said:
We were set to play last night but Striker had a family emergency come up. We're going to try later tonight, but I will be getting home late. Aiming for 8 pm PST. If I'm not around by like 8:30, do what you must.

Top Bottom