• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

Sorry again, Nightz.

Everything will be fine, so I will be here until whenever. We are gunning for a 11:00-ish matchup, so hopefully everything runs smooth. I have a new job meeting Wednesday morning at 9, but I plan on getting their early. Hopefully we get our game out of the way fairly quickly. :p

Striker said:
Sorry again, Nightz.

Everything will be fine, so I will be here until whenever. We are gunning for a 11:00-ish matchup, so hopefully everything runs smooth. I have a new job meeting Wednesday morning at 9, but I plan on getting their early. Hopefully we get our game out of the way fairly quickly. :p

QUADRUPLE OVERTIME!

Good Game Az. I watched the replay of that play where I fumbled.... I should have stayed in the pocket and my slot WR had a little bit of space on your DB; but I panicked and got leveled for it. :( I have to give kudos to you, not many people would get the first down at the 3, fall over and kneel it to run out the clock.

Overall, I did better than I expected, though I knew your QB and WR would probably be the difference and they were. Again, good game!

EDIT: I just exited the game after saving a highlight and a popup came up that said to choose my XBL Gamertag. I chose, it and now the thing is hung at "You've been disconnected." I can't do anything other than turn off my XBOX. Az, were you able to get out of the game successfully?

Big Papa Husker said:
Good Game Az. I watched the replay of that play where I fumbled.... I should have stayed in the pocket and my slot WR had a little bit of space on your DB; but I panicked and got leveled for it. :( I have to give kudos to you, not many people would get the first down at the 3, fall over and kneel it to run out the clock.

Overall, I did better than I expected, though I knew your QB and WR would probably be the difference and they were. Again, good game!

Haha, I had the win man. I'm not here to run up scores, I was just trying to kill the clock. I didn't even mean for that one run to get me to the goalline.

And yeah, you were dancing around earlier in the game so I started running a contain with my DEs towards the end. I'm glad I didn't start doing it earlier or you might've noticed and started staying in the pocket. GG, man.

edit: It's showing on the dynasty page so I think we're good.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Haha, I had the win man. I'm not here to run up scores, I was just trying to kill the clock. I didn't even mean for that one run to get me to the goalline.

And yeah, you were dancing around earlier in the game so I started running a contain with my DEs towards the end. I'm glad I didn't start doing it earlier or you might've noticed and started staying in the pocket. GG, man.

edit: It's showing on the dynasty page so I think we're good.
Ok, I will reboot my XBOX. Stupid thing... this is the 2nd time this has happened in this dynasty. It seems to happen if I am saving/watching highlights, the other guy leaves the game, then after a certain time the game freaks out and says I've been disconnected.

Nightz

Just had an instant classic with Striker. Defensive battle the whole game (or just crappy QBs lol). 4th quarter was crazy...down 14-7, I was able to put together a long drive for the tie. Kick the ball off then my D-lineman picks it off on the 26 with 6 seconds left. I was just hoping the run the ball to the middle to get my crappy kicker a better angle, ended up getting a 26 yard TD. :D

Striker

It was a GG, despite you really outplaying me. Fortunate to be in the game early because of the KR by Wilson. I had no field position much of the 1st quarter. But Ward gave me some good runs. After your terrific GL stand stopping McLaughlin, I didn't deserve it. Really had no push for my OG's and your ILB was always in position to take down my back.

That last pass was really my decision (at fault). Don't even ask why I did that. Suppose I felt he would've been able to fire in the pass just for a small chance of an opening. He missed at least two wide open passes, one of which you picked off earlier. I really need to get a 4-star QB, but why join a Marshall squad that's losing. :(

Striker

:lol I hated that bastard.

Is BobbyD done, or has anybody heard anything else? I believe he's next on my schedule. Anywhoo, bed time.

gg Mik, started off bad for you throwing a pic on the first play. I definitely can notice you lost some talent on the defensive side of the ball.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Four Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. LSU (CPU)
#9 Arkansas (mik) vs. #1 Alabama (CPU)
#4 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #24 Notre Dame (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. TCU (CPU)
#3 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #11 Florida State (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. North Carolina (CPU)
#8 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Kansas (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. #16 Minnesota (BPH)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UCF (CPU)

IDLE: #18 Nevada (MWS Natural)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Four Headlines

Down Goes Arkansas! Nevada Once Again Bests The Razorbacks
KanZolo Owls Himself Into Controversy Following Win Over NC State
San Diego State Gets The Upset Win Over Marshall
Minnesota Drops Out of Top Ten After Loss To Texas Tech

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #3 Coaches
Michigan State - #4 Coaches
Texas Tech - #8 Coaches
Arkansas - #9 Coaches
Minnesota - #16 Coaches
Nevada - #18 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

INT-TD: M. Glennon (NC State) intercepted by C. Norman (Michigan State)

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Syracuse vs. Minnesota

WEEK FOUR DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

GCQuinton

#9 Arkansas (mik) vs. #1 Alabama (CPU)
#4 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #24 Notre Dame (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. North Carolina (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. #16 Minnesota (BPH)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UCF (CPU)

Deadline's tonight! Status?

GCQuinton said:
http://i32.tinypic.com/2zjajo2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dammit! I thought for sure I would get my first highlight of the week =/

Feels good to be back in the top 25 though:D Rank 41 to 18..biggest jump ever?

Azwethinkweiz said:
I thought mine would get it, but there's a Media (Commish) bias against my team this season.

Pfft! I've NEVER gotten play of the week in 3 seasons! But the media bias against my team is well established.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Pfft! I've NEVER gotten play of the week in 3 seasons! But the media bias against my team is well established.

Win better!

And the people got tired of the "Week Miscellaneous" highlight of the week with Doege throwing a deep ball to Torres for a TD. They demand variety!

GCQuinton said:
Win better!

And the people got tired of the "Week Miscellaneous" highlight of the week with Doege throwing a deep ball to Torres for a TD. They demand variety!

He threw it deep to Zouzalik on that play, though!

DCX

DCX
Big Papa Husker said:
I am logging on to see if DCX is on. He replied to my PM saying he'd be on tonight, but didnt give a time.
10 minutes or so bro..bedtime for the kids :)

DCX

Striker

My defense has taken a severe step back. Safeties and OLB's cannot cover. :(

Pulled one out in the end with my MLB intercepting inside the 10-yard line.

DCX said:
10 minutes or so bro..bedtime for the kids :)

DCX
Sorry for the slow playcalling until like 4mins left in the 4th quarter. I got a call from work as soon as I accepted the invite to play. Good game otherwise... it was closer than I would have liked. ;)

DCX

DCX
lol I have no talent on the field. My HB has stone hands and my QB is like a HS third stringer ( my starter got hurt ) I was doing well till the stupid pass over the middle for a taint :/ When will i learn that the LB will always make that play lol

DCX

Fuck man, have we ever advanced early?? Like it has to be down to the final mins of 12AM every time. Would be nice to advance a bit earlier once in a while so you could bang next weeks game out that same night..

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Five Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Vanderbilt (CPU)
#5 Arkansas (mik) vs. #24 Ole Miss (CPU)
#3 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #1 Ohio State (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. #17 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #6 Pittsburgh (CPU)
#8 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #7 Oklahoma (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. West Virginia (CPU)

IDLE: NC State (storybook77), #14 Minnesota (BPH), Marshall (Striker)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Five Headlines

Showdown Saturday: Top Ten Matches Galore Highlight Week
Syracuse Falls To Minnesota 24-10
Arkansas Back In The National Championship Race After Beating Alabama
Media Poll Makes Debut, Heated Discussion Sure To Follow

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #4 Media
Michigan State - #3 Coaches, #3 Media
Arkansas - #5 Coaches, #1 Media
Texas Tech - #8 Coaches, #10 Media
Minnesota - #14 Coaches, #14 Media
Nevada - #17 Coaches, #15 Media

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: 40 yard rush by L. Edwards (Minnesota)

NeoGAF Game of the Week

San Diego State vs. Nevada

WEEK FIVE DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

Nightz said:
I wouldn't even consider that beatdown a "game". :lol My defense is slow as molasses.
Gg you got things going a bit too late. My defense sucks ratings wise but I always recruit speed first. Only way to compete with the big boys.

Spreaking of the big boys I was bored yesterday and checked a few rosters of the higher rated teams in the league. Unless you guys have a helluva drafting class this year you are in trouble :lol

MWS Natural said:
Gg you got things going a bit too late. My defense sucks ratings wise but I always recruit speed first. Only way to compete with the big boys.

Spreaking of the big boys I was bored yesterday and checked a few rosters of the higher rated teams in the league. Unless you guys have a helluva drafting class this year you are in trouble :lol

I'm first or second for about 14 guys currently in the ESPN150, and I already have two ESPN150 commits. So we'll see how it goes.

Striker

My guys have speed, but that's not what I look for. That said, with speed, it still doesn't always cover up for PUR and other coverage skills. I got hit with two big plays against the CPU UCF team and each time they were either out of position or took a horrid angle. :\

GCQuinton

Crazy ending to my game against Vanderbilt.

Down 13-10 on their 2 yard line with no timeouts and 4 seconds left, I try to run it in with my QB and he fumbles it into the endzone where it's recovered by my center for the TD and win! Hero Achievement unlocked!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Haha. Amazing. That had better be the replay of the week--if you can get a decent angle from any of the cameras.

mik said:
Haha. Amazing. That had better be the replay of the week--if you can get a decent angle from any of the cameras.

How they have been lately it should be renamed to, "Shame of the Week!"

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'm first or second for about 14 guys currently in the ESPN150, and I already have two ESPN150 commits. So we'll see how it goes.

Nice. Still going to take a while for those freshman to work their way up to the 90 ratings that you guys have now.

Striker said:
My guys have speed, but that's not what I look for. That said, with speed, it still doesn't always cover up for PUR and other coverage skills. I got hit with two big plays against the CPU UCF team and each time they were either out of position or took a horrid angle. :\

I guess it all comes back to your scheme on defense. I run more of an attacking style so speed helps a lot, if I ran more of a zone/bend but don't break scheme AWR would matter much more. My defense is basically built like the old Superbowl Ram's defenses. Have a good offense so take chances and try to get turnovers over everything else.

Top Bottom