• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Wow...SJ injured for 2 quarters AGAIN this game! He got injured 3 times total in the same game!

Elbow bursitis
Bruised shoulder
Back spasms

Finished with 17 carries...really? You can injury 3 completely different parts of your body in 17 carries?? lol WTF

On another note it's interesting how my defense seems to play better as the year goes on. I'm not sure if it's me learning the players or the +1's or "hotstreaks" here and there.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I was highly optimistic about my evening commute tonight. Any chance you could make 8:30 or 9:00 work, commish?

GCQuinton

Looks like we're gonna miss tonight's deadline since Az's AWOL. I really don't wanna hear the potential whining/complaining if the CPU knocked off the #2 team in the country so we gotta wait.

BigAT

I'm headed to AC for a couple of nights, hopefully I can get my game for next week in before I leave tomorrow evening.

Sorry guys. I had a really nasty headache last night and went to sleep as soon as I got home. I have a half day at work today so I should get it knocked out before 2pm.

Striker

sonic_waiting.gif

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Twelve Games

#23 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #2 Florida (CPU)
#9 Arkansas (mik) vs. Mississippi State (CPU)
#5 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #16 Minnesota (BPH)
#19 San Diego State (Nightz) vs. Syracuse (DCX)
NC State (storybook) vs. #8 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#2 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #6 Oklahoma (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. ECU (CPU)

IDLE: #4 Rutgers

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Twelve Headlines

Commish: "This Is The First And Last Time I Delay The League For A Regular Season CPU Matchup, So Play Your Games On Time!!!"
Three Human Games Highlight Week 12 Action
Arkansas Defeats South Carolina 24-21
Mumphrey Remains Heisman Leader Late Into The Season

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Lamonte Edwards, HB, Minnesota
55-12 W Against Indiana
16 carries for 216 yards, 3 TD
3 receptions, 33 yards, TD

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Michigan State - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Nevada - #8 Coaches, #7 Media, #8 BCS
Arkansas - #9 Coaches, #8 Media, #9 BCS
Minnesota - #16 Coaches, #17 Media, #16 BCS
San Diego State - #19 Coaches, #19 Media, #18 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

INT: C. Douglas (Boise State) intercepted by P. Slater (Nevada)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Michigan State vs. Minnesota

WEEK TWELVE DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!

Hey, you gave us like literally 36 hours to get our games in that last cycle. Cut me some slack.

Also, I just got a running back commit from a HB with A speed, A agility, A+ acceleration, and A elusiveness. I can't wait until next season!

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Hey, you gave us like literally 36 hours to get our games in that last cycle. Cut me some slack.

Also, I just got a running back commit from a HB with A speed, A agility, A+ acceleration, and A elusiveness. I can't wait until next season!

Which consisted of the usual two nights like always for all CPU games, so what's your point?

Striker

Done.

Got 28 points from the defense - three INT's which were forced plays on blitzes and a FF by my DT which got returned for another.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
It was a night and a half.

I advanced early Wednesday morning (around 9:30 AM EST-ish), so you had Wednesday night and last night to play the game. Unless I failed math in school and nobody told me, that's two nights. But what's done is done. And I got a Thor trailer to watch.

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:

He was the #2 HB in the nation and you stole him away from me. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for the #1 HB in the nation that just committed to me.

Edit: Jesus fuck, how do you have 8 5-star recruits? That was my first one.

GQ said:
NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

INT: C. Douglas (Boise State) intercepted by P. Slater (Nevada)
That was all user by the way :D

KanZolo said:
winning by 7 points is lopsided?
Not in score but in W's my friend.

Nightz said:
Meanwhile I'm still struggling to get 3 star recruits to commit.
3* recruits are easy to get now for me but they were a struggle last year. I believe if I win out I should be able to move up to 6* prestige.

Big Papa Husker said:
I still haven't secured a 5* commit. :|
I just recruited my first ESPN Top 150 player this year!

BigAT said:
He was the #2 HB in the nation and you stole him away from me. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for the #1 HB in the nation that just committed to me.

Edit: Jesus fuck, how do you have 8 5-star recruits? That was my first one.

I was in it for the #1 HB also, but he was a power back. I wanted the speed guy so I just ignored the other guy and went all in for #2.

Good game Kanzolo... Your secondary is sick. You made some insane INTs. Too bad my secondary has the awareness of a pee-wee football team on that TD to Mumphrey that ended up being the game winner. If my guys had any awareness whatsoever, my guys would have been intercepted you. :(

Oh, and I have to say, even with the loss, my kicker was lights out... hitting a 59 yarder before half and then a 56 yard kick in the 3rd. ***Pick him for highlight of the week***:lol If he doesn't win the Kicker Award, that is total bullshit, because he is 100% in both FGs and XPs.

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
Good game Kanzolo... Your secondary is sick. You made some insane INTs. Too bad my secondary has the awareness of a pee-wee football team on that TD to Mumphrey that ended up being the game winner. If my guys had any awareness whatsoever, my guys would have been intercepted you. :(
Nah, Humphrey still woulda caught it. ::puts on Humphrey for Heisman shirt::

GG

Edit: My 360 froze while in post game, lost my beautiful highlights

Sent you a PM Story, I would rather not wait until Monday night to play after coming home from work. So if we could get the game in tonight or tomorrow it would be much better for me, thanks.

Hey GCQ, I was looking at the dynasty settings and saw that there were sliders set. Have these been like this since Season 1? If so, maybe we should take a look at them, because the effectiveness of them has changed between patches. Since we started Season 1, there have been 3 patches, so 3 potential slider set changes... just wanted to ask.

GCQuinton

Monday morning "Games Left" update:

NC State (storybook) vs. #8 Nevada (MWS Natural)

Deadline's tonight!

Big Papa Husker said:
Hey GCQ, I was looking at the dynasty settings and saw that there were sliders set. Have these been like this since Season 1? If so, maybe we should take a look at them, because the effectiveness of them has changed between patches. Since we started Season 1, there have been 3 patches, so 3 potential slider set changes... just wanted to ask.

As always if enough (i.e. the majority) people feel that way, then yeah we can look at 'em. Personally, I think they're fine where they are and we don't really need to change them for the sake of doing so.

GCQuinton said:
Monday morning "Games Left" update:

Deadline's tonight!

As always if enough (i.e. the majority) people feel that way, then yeah we can look at 'em. Personally, I think they're fine where they are and we don't really need to change them for the sake of doing so.

I disagree and this will be my last season playing if the sliders aren't changed. When Duke is blowing me out, there are issues. :(

But seriously, my team magically plays better against human opponents....even top 5 opponents but can't hang with the mediocre teams in my conference.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I disagree and this will be my last season playing if the sliders aren't changed. When Duke is blowing me out, there are issues. :(

But seriously, my team magically plays better against human opponents....even top 5 opponents but can't hang with the mediocre teams in my conference.

The only sliders that are changed for this league are for the CPU games because I didn't want those games to be pushovers. Human games are at the default settings to take into account the, well, human factor of it and even it out. Would going All-American default across the board be better for you?

Besides, we're into year 4 now and you can't look at Duke the same way you would in year 1. You both have the same record at this point, so maybe they just got better? mik can probably chime in on this one too, but every season since the first one my games with CPU Florida have noticeably gone from close to them blowing me out this year. Duke ain't Florida obviously, but it's the same thing.

I'm not gonna go run and change stuff just because you threatened to leave, but like I said, if the majority felt that way, then yeah we can look into it.

GCQuinton said:
The only sliders that are changed for this league are for the CPU games because I didn't want those games to be pushovers. Human games are at the default settings to take into account the, well, human factor of it and even it out. Would going All-American default across the board be better for you?

Besides, we're into year 4 now and you can't look at Duke the same way you would in year 1. You both have the same record at this point, so maybe they just got better? mik can probably chime in on this one too, but every season since the first one my games with CPU Florida have noticeably gone from close to them blowing me out this year. Duke ain't Florida obviously, but it's the same thing.

I'm not gonna go run and change stuff just because you threatened to leave, but like I said, if the majority felt that way, then yeah we can look into it.

I wasn't threatening. The league would carry on regardless, I just don't feel like playing anymore if things stay the same. I'm not going to cry over it and I wouldn't expect you to lose any sleep over me leaving either. We see it differently and that's fine. I'm just having more fun with the human games and not the CPU, thus why I'm having those simmed since I feel like the CPU is cheap. It's not worth my time to sit around waiting for 4 games to play all season and it's not fair to someone else who may want to join the league in the near future for me to hold a spot when I only play those 4 games.

You're a good guy GCQ and it's nothing personal.

How long have the sliders been like this?

storybook77 said:
I'm just having more fun with the human games and not the CPU, thus why I'm having those simmed since I feel like the CPU is cheap. It's not worth my time to sit around waiting for 4 games to play all season and it's not fair to someone else who may want to join the league in the near future for me to hold a spot when I only play those 4 games.

I feel like this regardless of sliders. I don't really enjoy playing against the CPU as much as a user. I wish we could all be in one conference so there would be more user games.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
How long have the sliders been like this?

Since Season 1, the very first thing BPH said that started this whole discussion. Reading is fundamental, folks.

I feel like this regardless of sliders. I don't really enjoy playing against the CPU as much as a user. I wish we could all be in one conference so there would be more user games.

If that was the case, then the growth of everyone's teams would partially stunt itself since only 3-4 teams would make bowl games depending on the conference and you'd be even worse off when it came to recruiting because of it.

GCQuinton said:
Since Season 1, the very first thing BPH said that started this whole discussion. Reading is fundamental, folks.
Ok some of us are at work multitasking and read over things quickly, no need to be an ass.

GCQuinton said:
If that was the case, then the growth of everyone's teams would partially stunt itself since only 3-4 teams would make bowl games depending on the conference and you'd be even worse off when it came to recruiting because of it.

I hear you, the way it is now it's more fair to the weaker teams but I wouldn't mind the other way either. I have no problem with the current difficulty; even when I play stronger CPU teams out of conference. I wanted to know when the sliders were changed just to be sure that's what they were when I played Alabama last year. Earlier last week I was actually going to ask if we could bump them up some during the bowl season so the games are more challenging.

Striker

Teams have gotten weaker since Season 1.

Both Season 1 and Season 2 they were tougher. Outside UCF for me, none of the CPU were a great challenge in terms of points. Though ECU's defense stopped my cold, I still got four picks off them all returned for touchdowns. Usually you can't mess around, but that game I felt like I had in the bag due to the AI's careless mistakes.

Striker said:
Teams have gotten weaker since Season 1.

Both Season 1 and Season 2 they were tougher. Outside UCF for me, none of the CPU were a great challenge in terms of points. Though ECU's defense stopped my cold, I still got four picks off them all returned for touchdowns. Usually you can't mess around, but that game I felt like I had in the bag due to the AI's careless mistakes.
It seems like teams have gotten tougher to me, but I'm in the Big Ten. I get 5 top 20 CPU teams a year, along with 2-3 top user teams. I would say no to raising the difficulty to Heisman, because the CPU is really cheap. All American is fine for me.

Striker

I would probably often lose if I had to play Ohio State or Penn State every year. :lol

You and Kanzolo have pretty good teams, so you just can't turn the ball over and generally should cap it off. I do wish they could let the commish move schools to another conference if he/she wanted to. For instance, allowing Nevada/MWS go to the Pac 10.

Striker said:
I would probably often lose if I had to play Ohio State or Penn State every year. :lol

You and Kanzolo have pretty good teams, so you just can't turn the ball over and generally should cap it off. I do wish they could let the commish move schools to another conference if he/she wanted to. For instance, allowing Nevada/MWS go to the Pac 10.

Well you are in a better conference BP so the CPU teams are tougher but you started off with a better team. I WISH I was in a better conference or able to get invited to one. You could lose all of your user games and STILL finish in the top 25. You get preseason ranked higher than us lower teams no matter where you finished the year before. Have you ever heard of a team going from #1 National Champ to UNRANKED the next year? :lol

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
It seems like teams have gotten tougher to me, but I'm in the Big Ten. I get 5 top 20 CPU teams a year, along with 2-3 top user teams. I would say no to raising the difficulty to Heisman, because the CPU is really cheap. All American is fine for me.
UofM or OSU can be impossible if the CPU is in one of its moods

MWS Natural said:
Well you are in a better conference BP so the CPU teams are tougher but you started off with a better team. I WISH I was in a better conference or able to get invited to one.
Thats why when selecting your team, you take that into consideration

KanZolo said:
UofM or OSU can be impossible if the CPU is in one of its moods

Thats why when selecting your team, you take that into consideration

This is my first year ever playing NCAA so I didn't know anything about how prestige works or recruiting. I promise you I won't make the same mistake next year if the same starting guidelines remain.

Striker

MWS Natural said:
This is my first year ever playing NCAA so I didn't know anything about how prestige works or recruiting. I promise you I won't make the same mistake next year if the same starting guidelines remain.
I will keep going with low schools, or at least in the 2-3 star range. I like winning, however I also like the challenge of building up teams and make it a winning program.

Top Bottom