• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker said:
I will keep going with low schools, or at least in the 2-3 star range. I like winning, however I also like the challenge of building up teams and make it a winning program.

Yeah I'll see, I have enjoyed building up a weaker team but it just gets frustrating sometimes. I wish the guidelines were a bit stricter so everyone starts on the same playing field.

KanZolo

MWS Natural said:
Yeah I'll see, I have enjoyed building up a weaker team but it just gets frustrating sometimes. I wish the guidelines were a bit stricter so everyone starts on the same playing field.
Striker said:
I will keep going with low schools, or at least in the 2-3 star range. I like winning, however I also like the challenge of building up teams and make it a winning program.
unless the rules are changed to make it stricter (nobody wanted it this year) going with a 2 star team in a weak conference is no fun. Can't compete recruit wise. So it contradicts the idea of building up a team

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Clemson (CPU)
#8 Arkansas (mik) vs. #17 LSU (CPU)
#5 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #22 Penn State (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. South Florida (CPU)
#18 San Diego State (Nightz) vs. Air Force (CPU)
#4 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Louisvile (CPU)
#6 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Idaho (CPU)
#21 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Iowa (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)

IDLE: #3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Thirteen Headlines

Slider Discussion Brought Up, Bloodbath Ensues
NC State Coach storybook77 Resigns Following Said Bloodbath
First Bowl Projections of the Season Arrive
Will This Be The First Year No GAF Member Plays In The National Championship?

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Austin Moss, MLB, Arkansas
38-20 W Against Mississippi State
7 tackles, TFL, 2 FF

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Michigan State - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Nevada - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Arkansas - #8 Coaches, #8 Media, #8 BCS
San Diego State - #18 Coaches, #18 Media, #17 BCS
Minnesota - #21 Coaches, #21 Media, #19 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: S. Doege (Texas Tech) pass to E. Ward for 18 yards

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Arkansas vs. LSU

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!!

Since Clemson is most likely going to be pushed back to a 3* prestige program next year, Story will wanna come back to renew our rivalry from NCAA 10.

It sounds like next year they will have coaching contracts in for Online Dynasties. They have been hinting towards it in their updates. They may also have conference (EDIT) invites, so for example, after Nevada won the NC, they may have been bumped to the Pac10 replacing whoever their worst team is. If these things make it in, it will make this dynasty kick so much more ass.

Striker

I'll get my game in tomorrow, but already recruited. There's about four games already completed. Bad news is I have just two Commits which nets me about second worst in the country. :(

NCAA '12 getting an option to move a team to another conference will be great. That's what I was referring to on the last page about Nevada going to the PAC-10 if GCQ was enabled. I would probably be stashed in the Big East if Marshall got moved up.

However, I don't care for the contracts stuff for it. I do enjoy sticking with one team which I started building.

:lol

Big Papa Husker said:
It sounds like next year they will have coaching contracts in for Online Dynasties. They have been hinting towards it in their updates. They may also have conference realignments, so for example, after Nevada won the NC, they may have been bumped to the Pac10 replacing whoever their worst team is. If these things make it in, it will make this dynasty kick so much more ass.
Sounds good, excited for next year already.

Signed my first 5* recruit today #3RB in the country (ie Rutgers/TTU left overs) :D

GCQuinton

bucknuticus said:
Hey you guys got any spots open in the dynasty?

Edit: I assume this a 360 league right?

Two spots are open that would be filled after our season's over (in about a week or two) if anyone's interested. Read the OP for the rules, and if you're still interested PM me.

KanZolo said:
unless the rules are changed to make it stricter (nobody wanted it this year) going with a 2 star team in a weak conference is no fun. Can't compete recruit wise. So it contradicts the idea of building up a team

Some people have fun building a team from nothing. Even though it has been frustrating for me, since I didn't know what I was getting into, I feel good about taking a 2* team and growing them to a 6*. Early on I finished last in recruiting almost every year but as I won and my pitches/prestige got better my recruits did as well. So I don't see how it's any contradiction at all. If you start as a 2* and stay there then I would agree with you but I don't think that has been the case in the league.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Some people have fun building a team from nothing. Even though it has been frustrating for me, since I didn't know what I was getting into, I feel good about taking a 2* team and growing them to a 6*. Early on I finished last in recruiting almost every year but as I won and my pitches/prestige got better my recruits did as well. So I don't see how it's any contradiction at all. If you start as a 2* and stay there then I would agree with you but I don't think that has been the case in the league.

Pretty much. Bottom line is, if you win, and do it consistently, you WILL get better recruits and build your team no matter who they are. I've been playing this game since all the way back in NCAA '99 and for the most part, that's always been the case. I wish I did have power to change conferences at any point, though, given the online side's lack of it.

Starting at where we do (the 3 stars or below) takes into account both sides of the equation: your actual playing ability and your ability to recruit and build a team through that. Everybody (not counting people who come in later, of course) starts at roughly the same level, and what you do from that point is all on you.

GCQuinton said:
Pretty much. Bottom line is, if you win, and do it consistently, you WILL get better recruits and build your team no matter who they are. I've been playing this game since all the way back in NCAA '99 and for the most part, that's always been the case. I wish I did have power to change conferences at any point, though, given the online side's lack of it.

Starting at where we do (the 3 stars or below) takes into account both sides of the equation: your actual playing ability and your ability to recruit and build a team through that. Everybody (not counting people who come in later, of course) starts at roughly the same level, and what you do from that point is all on you.

I agree but the only thing I would say is that even with winning with a lower team the prestige goes up much faster than the pitches do so it's still very challenging. I'm 5* currently but half of my pitches are C's so when going for the top recruits the better schools will beat me out. Hopefully next year some of those C's will turn to B's, although some like Academic Rating and Conference Prestige will remain the same.

On another note....
Rutgers 37 Louisville 44

Shocked.gif

BigAT

MWS Natural said:
On another note....
Yeah...

The CPU was in one of those moods...to the extreme. I received the ball to start out the game and drove the ball pretty well on my opening drive. Of course that wasn't allowed, so once I got inside the 5-yard line my normally reliable HB (that has 84 CAR) fumbled the ball. It got picked up by one of Louisville's D-linemen who literally just shrugged off two tackles and took the ball back 93 yards for a touchdown.

Lousville's wide receivers were completely indefensible the entire game. The CPU QB dropped 350 yards passing on my defense. The few balls that didn't hit their target bounced right off of my DB's hands every time. It felt like my wide receivers were constantly dropping passes they were open on.

It wasn't even as close as the score indicates. It was so out of control that I was actually down 37-7 going into the 4th quarter. I only barely managed to get myself back into the game and tie it up somehow, before the CPU effortless drove down the field with under two minutes left to win it.

Very frustrating game.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I had one of those this season against Florida. CPU caught two TDs--both off tipped balls. And I think I fumbled four times, two of which were returned for TDs. It was absurd.

mik said:
I had one of those this season against Florida. CPU caught two TDs--both off tipped balls. And I think I fumbled four times, two of which were returned for TDs. It was absurd.
Same thing happened with Iowa. I was up 31-10 and then they went crazy and I couldn't cover their receivers. I also fumbled 3 times, which was BS. I took the lead back with 30 seconds left and then they went 90 yards in 3 plays to score with no time left. Luckily they missed the extra point and I won 38-37.

Crazy to see 2 of the BIG3 go down in the same season.
So many questions remain:

Will Texas Tech fall in the National Championship?
Will Rutgers be able to bounce back next week??
Will Storybook return now that he has been vindicated???
Will Minnesota continue it's Texas-esque fall from grace????
Will There be an all CPU National Championship like Coach Natural predicted????

Stay tuned!!

I still have to play mik before I get to the national championship, and I'm sure he's looking to avenge the loss he gave himself in the other league. I'd be surprised if I won that game.

MWS Natural said:
Crazy to see 2 of the BIG3 go down in the same season.
So many questions remain:

Will Texas Tech fall in the National Championship?
Will Rutgers be able to bounce back next week??
Will Storybook return now that he has been vindicated???
Will Minnesota continue it's Texas-esque fall from grace????
Will There be an all CPU National Championship like Coach Natural predicted????

Stay tuned!!
If Cal beats USC and Arkansas beats Florida in the SEC Championship, it could be Texas Tech VS Nevada in the National Championship.

What are you saying about Minnesota? A Texas-esque collapse would have me missing a bowl game, which isn't going to happen. Heck, I still have a small chance for an at-large BCS berth. Also, I'm right about where I was last year.

Nightz said:
I'm gonna miss seeing story's name on the "Games Left" update. :(
:lol

Azwethinkweiz said:
I still have to play mik before I get to the national championship, and I'm sure he's looking to avenge the loss he gave himself in the other league. I'd be surprised if I won that game.

True. I just don't think Mik has the talent to be the force he once was. I've got my eye on San Diego State since they will be moving up to 4*'s next season. Going to be interesting to see how the coaching changes shake things up next year.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I definitely don't have the same kind of speed I've had the past few years. Same goes for the pass rush--it's pretty non-existent for me now. Oh, and my kicker has a leg made of overcooked penne pasta.

mik said:
I definitely don't have the same kind of speed I've had the past few years. Same goes for the pass rush--it's pretty non-existent for me now. Oh, and my kicker has a leg made of overcooked penne pasta.

I'm totally cool with you missing another last second field goal.

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
If Cal beats USC and Arkansas beats Florida in the SEC Championship, it could be Texas Tech VS Nevada in the National Championship.
Don't forget about the Spartans ranked #5

Striker

Must have been robo-CPU week. Despite just giving up 7 points, they were breaking tackles like Anquan Boldin and their LDE looked like Jared Allen. My guys were often in bad positions, kind of awkward since they were everywhere last game vs. a much higher quality opponent. Still got the W, and injury free. South Carolina up next!

KanZolo said:
:::gets voodoo doll:::
:lol Owl Vodoo has no effect on me!

Besides it's much more of an even matchup than last time vs Rutgers. Lets gets these games knocked out so we can get the Game of the Week on tonight!

Striker

If we do advance tonight, GCQ, I can play until whenever. I am off again tomorrow but tonight I plan on going out a little to pick up some things. All this rides on Mik's game and timing.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
If we do advance tonight, GCQ, I can play until whenever. I am off again tomorrow but tonight I plan on going out a little to pick up some things. All this rides on Mik's game and timing.

I've got a Madden game and some other stuff to take care of tonight, so tomorrow would probably be best.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fourteen Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Marshall (Striker)
#6 Arkansas (mik) vs. #3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
#10 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Auburn (CPU)

IDLE: #5 Michigan State (KanZolo), Syracuse (DCX), #14 San Diego State (Nightz), #6 Nevada (MWS Natural), #17 Minnesota (BPH)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Fourteen Headlines

Louisville Sluggers: #24 Cardinals Upset #4 Rutgers
No Lack Of Close Games In Week 13 Action
Arkansas and Texas Tech Prepare For The "Bowl Before The Bowls" Bowl
Michigan State's Mumphrey Pretty Much A Lock To Win Heisman

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Stefphon Jefferson, HB, Nevada
55-20 W Against Idaho
21 carriers for 377 yards, 4 TD
Rec. TD

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Nevada - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Michigan State - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Arkansas - #6 Coaches, #7 Media, #7 BCS
Rutgers - #10 Coaches, #10 Media, #9 BCS
San Diego State - #14 Coaches, #15 Media, #14 BCS
Minnesota - #17 Coaches, #18 Media, #15 BCS
South Carolina - #25 Media

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

INT-TD: A. Derby (Iowa) intercepted by T. Bouie (Minnesota)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Arkansas vs. Texas Tech

WEEK FOURTEEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!

Man, the next 2 weeks are going to be crucial to many guys' chances for the BCS Championship or just getting/staying in the BCS picture. Heck, this could also be the first year of a CPU/CPU Championship game unless Arkansas can upset Florida. :| If Nevada loses at all they drop from the Rose Bowl to the Kraft Hunger Bowl (Emerald Bowl in the game)... OUCH! :lol

Here are my BCS Bowl Projections. The at larges other than the Rose Bowl are total toss-ups, but I'll pick them anyway.

BCS National Championship: USC (#1) vs Texas Tech (#2)
Rose Bowl: Michigan St (Big Ten Champion) VS Nevada (At Large)
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech (ACC Champion) vs Minnesota (please! :lol) (At Large)
Fiesta Bowl: Rutgers (Big East Champion) vs Florida (At Large)
Sugar Bowl: Arkansas (SEC Champion) vs Oklahoma/Texas (At Large)

I have plans this Friday and will be out of town until Monday so the only time I will be available to play next week's game will be Thursday night or Monday night.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
Man, the next 2 weeks are going to be crucial to many guys' chances for the BCS Championship or just getting/staying in the BCS picture. Heck, this could also be the first year of a CPU/CPU Championship game unless Arkansas can upset Florida. :| If Nevada loses at all they drop from the Rose Bowl to the Kraft Hunger Bowl (Emerald Bowl in the game)... OUCH! :lol

Here are my BCS Bowl Projections. The at larges other than the Rose Bowl are total toss-ups, but I'll pick them anyway.

BCS National Championship: USC (#1) vs Texas Tech (#2)
Rose Bowl: Michigan St (Big Ten Champion) VS Nevada (At Large)
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech (ACC Champion) vs Minnesota (please! :lol) (At Large)
Fiesta Bowl: Rutgers (Big East Champion) vs Florida (At Large)
Sugar Bowl: Arkansas (SEC Champion) vs Oklahoma/Texas (At Large)

Art imitating life right there :lol

Striker, I'm free to play pretty much anytime after 5 EST today so let me know what's good for you.

Top Bottom