• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

And I have no idea why I'm getting so many PMs regarding team changes next season today, but I'll number crunch on Monday and get back to those folks.

Striker said:
Hope you guys had a great holiday.

Story, on our tries this weekend, it must be before 9 PM EST. Days I get home depend on how much goes on at work. Monday is our deadline, but it's my next day off as well. :lol

Monday will be the best bet. Iron Bowl today, going out of town tomorrow.

2ijq15i.jpg

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
To add to that, I found myself saying "BigAT would never let this happen to Rutgers" earlier that day during their game against Louisville :lol
:-\ I'm glad I was actually playing football in an annual day after Thanksgiving game instead of watching that game. Pretty sure I would have cried.

That Boise St. kicker has got to be fearing for his life when he gets back to campus.

Kap + Tua is such an awesome combo, wish I could have had those guys longer. I've had a few good RB's but haven't been able to come close to replacing Kapernick.

GCQuinton

Sunday morning "Games Left" update:

#8 Arkansas (mik) vs. #10 Ohio State (CPU)
#14 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #6 Michigan (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Marshall (Striker)
#3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Nebraska (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. #19 West Virginia (CPU)

Deadline's still tomorrow night, just updating the status.

BigAT said:
:-\ I'm glad I was actually playing football in an annual day after Thanksgiving game instead of watching that game. Pretty sure I would have cried.

That Boise St. kicker has got to be fearing for his life when he gets back to campus.

If it's any consolation, I was at the Clemson game. :(

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
If it's any consolation, I was at the Clemson game. :(
A friend of mine went to Rutgers with me, then went to Clemson for grad school. He follows both teams quite closely so he got a double dose this weekend.

GCQuinton

Monday morning "Games Left" update:

#8 Arkansas (mik) vs. #10 Ohio State (CPU)
#14 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #6 Michigan (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Marshall (Striker)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. #19 West Virginia (CPU)

Deadline's tonight! story and Striker seem to have their game scheduled, so get those CPU games played!

Striker

Fun game. GG Story.

Almost felt like a downward spiral was about to begin when Cooper fumbled at my own 20-something yard line which gave you possession on a short field. Thankfully the counter worked to perfection on the ensuing drive for my offense. I was hoping not to pass that late with the squigglies causing my true Freshman's accuracy funk.

Cooper kept breaking tackles. For just being a 71 OVR, he plays like he's in the 80's. The mixup of my FB McLaughlin aids into the situation, carrying a couple guys on his late 4th down run.

Your receivers let you down a lot too, wow. Six total drops. Though I need to come up with more of those forced fumbles (4 all together).

mik

mik is unbeatable
Jesus. CPU really wanted to fuck me. Down 24-3 halfway through the third. Had to battle back to tie it up with 7 seconds left. Then went to triple OT before my D finally stood up and got a sack to force the FG. Hit a wide open post for the winner a few plays later (after a fumble that I thankfully recovered).

GCQuinton

My internet connection just started acting weird so I'm gonna advance tomorrow morning to avoid any disconnect issues while I'm doing that. KanZolo it's your lucky day, you just got a short extension!

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
just got done playing anyways...meant to play earlier but forgot. And didn't get PM until 30 mins after the fact

That was just a courtesy and I did it right before the internet stuff. I shouldn't, and normally don't, have to PM you at all to get a game in, especially with the extended deadline for the week. I usually would have simmed it.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Seven Games

#23 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Kentucky (CPU)
#4 Arkansas (mik) vs. Auburn (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. UNLV (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. UConn (CPU)
NC State (storybook) vs. Clemson (CPU)
#3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Kansas State (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. Pittsburgh (CPU)
#14 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Utah State (CPU)
#16 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #12 Michigan (CPU)

IDLE: #9 Michigan State (KanZolo), Marshall (Striker)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Seven Headlines

League Returns To Regularly Scheduled Action After Extended Thanksgiving Week
Arkansas Leaps Rutgers In Media Poll After OT Win Against Ohio State
Syrcause Beats West Virginia In Triple Overtime Thriller
SD State's Bernards Takes Player of the Week Honors After Aztecs Defeat TCU
Commish: "Ask Me About Points/Coaching Change Stuff AFTER The Season! Win And Let The Rest Take Care Of Itself!"

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Jake Bernards, QB, San Diego State
42-35 W Against TCU
20-33 for 387 yards, 4 TD

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #3 Media
Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #4 Media
Arkansas - #4 Coaches, #2 Media
Michigan State - #9 Coaches, #6 Media
Nevada - #14 Coaches, #13 Media
Minnesota - #16 Coaches, #15 Media
South Carolina - #23 Coaches, #23 Media

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: J. Walker (Arkansas) pass to D. Thompson for 20 yards

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Minnesota vs. Michigan

WEEK SEVEN DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eight Games

#23 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #11 LSU (CPU)
#3 Arkansas (mik) vs. #14 Florida (CPU)
#7 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #16 Ohio State (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Syracuse (DCX)
NC State (storybook) vs. Wake Forest (CPU)
#4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #17 Texas (CPU)
#13 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Fresno State (CPU)
#15 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #9 Wisconsin (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UTEP (CPU)

IDLE: San Diego State (Nightz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Eight Headlines

Nevada's Jefferson Takes Heisman Race Lead
SD State's Onahu Has Monster Game Against UNLV, Aztecs Take POW Honors Two Weeks Straight
Texas Tech, Michigan State Headline Recruiting Race Early In The Season
Can Syracuse Knock Rutgers Out Of BCS Contention?

Dontrell Onahu, DT, San Diego State
35-28 W Against UNLV
10 tackles, 4 TFL, ATK, sack, 2 FF

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #3 Media
Arkansas - #3 Coaches, #2 Media
Texas Tech - #4 Coaches, #4 Media
Michigan State - #7 Coaches, #7 Media
Nevada - #13 Coaches, #12 Media
Minnesota - #15 Coaches, #16 Media
South Carolina - #23 Coaches, #20 Media

TD: A. Clifford (South Carolina) pass to D. Bennett for 22 yards

Arkansas vs. Florida

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!

Done. All I have to say is I am DAMN lucky I won the game after pretty much starting Wisconsin's 4th quarter comeback. It was 31-13 and I ran an option... after getting into the clear with only a LB behind my QB, I decided to pitch it to my RB to go all the way. Well, I pitched and somehow the LB intercepted the pitch; EA needs to fix this BS by the way...

Following that load of bullshit, Wisconsin proceeds to score 14 more unanswered to take the lead 34-31 with 45 seconds left. After the kickoff, I was on the right hash and decided to run an option keeper to get to get it to the opposite side of the field for a rollout or play action pass. Well, that play is in my highlights since my QB took it on the option keeper for 84 yd TD (career long) for what would end up being the game winner. Wisconsin tried throwing a few Hail Marys from the 11, I sacked them once and then swatted away their deep bomb as time expired.

Because of this near loss, I will no longer pitch unless the LB/DB is engaged with my QB. :lol

Also, my RB finally had a game that reminded me of his Sophomore year... 22 carries - 228 yds, 3 TDs. :D His 77yd TD this game was a new career long.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
Setting up possible monster matchup next week. Best D-lineman in the country vs the best RB??
:lol No. Just run away from him since the rest of my line sucks. CPUNLV kept running at him. Also I need to bench my starting HB. He hasn't had a game this season where he hasn't fumbled.

On a side note, what does ATK stand for?

BigAT

Nightz said:
:lol No. Just run away from him since the rest of my line sucks. CPUNLV kept running at him. Also I need to bench my starting HB. He hasn't had a game this season where he hasn't fumbled.

I believe it's for an assisted tackle.

Nightz said:

It's hard to run away from a good DT especially one with a sick swim move. One can almost shut the run game down by himself.

I do think its so odd in this game how a lower rated player can play much better than his rating but never really see a big bump in ratings to match his performance on the field.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
I believe it's for an assisted tackle.
GG. Syracuse did it's best. As good as it's talent could. MY back seven suck ass. NOOOOO Awareness whatsoever. I had to take my DE an run in coverage and make a manual INT smh.

Your LBs, on the other hand, had no problem picking passes off :/ GG.

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
GG. Syracuse did it's best. As good as it's talent could. MY back seven suck ass. NOOOOO Awareness whatsoever. I had to take my DE an run in coverage and make a manual INT smh.

Your LBs, on the other hand, had no problem picking passes off :/ GG.

DCX
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. My linebackers aren't highly rated and haven't played especially well up to this point.

GG

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Nine Games

#19 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Vanderbilt (CPU)
#10 Arkansas (mik) vs. Ole Miss (CPU)
#5 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #21 Northwestern (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. #11 Nevada (MWS Natural)
NC State (storybook) vs. #13 Minnesota (BPH)
#3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Baylor (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. #23 Cincinnati (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. Tulane (CPU)

IDLE: #2 Rutgers (BigAT)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Nine Headlines

BCS Poll Debuts, Teams Appear In Expected Spots
Florida Takes Top Spot In Media Poll After Beating Arkansas
Syracuse Holds Their Own But Falls Against Rutgers
San Diego State Inches Closer To Top 25 Spot, But #11 Nevada Stands In Their Way

Lamonte Edwards, HB, Minnesota
38-34 W Against Wisconsin
22 carries for 228 yards, 3 TD
15 reception yards

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #3 Media, #2 BCS
Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #4 Media, #3 BCS
Michigan State - #5 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Arkansas - #10 Coaches, #9 Media, #8 BCS
Nevada - #11 Coaches, #10 Media, #10 BCS
Minnesota - #13 Coaches, #13 Media, #13 BCS
South Carolina - #19 Coaches, #14 Media, #17 BCS

TD: 102 yard kick return by A. Zouzalik (Texas Tech)

San Diego State vs. Nevada

WEEK NINE DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!

Top Bottom