• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Nightz said:
After dropping from 2nd to 3rd in the Heisman race even after mediocre performances from the other candidates, Trajuan Briggs exploded for 287 yards and 4 TDs. When asked if he was motivated by the lack of respect, Briggs responded, "I'll just let my play do the talking."

His yards aren't overly impressive to me it's the damn carries. I don't understand how he can get that many carries without getting injured. I've never been able to get over 25 and you are almost into the 40's!! His injury ratings isn't even in the 90's but somehow dude is able to take so much punishment it's crazy. Give this man the damn Heisman, most durable RB since Emmit!

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
His yards aren't overly impressive to me it's the damn carries. I don't understand how he can get that many carries without getting injured. I've never been able to get over 25 and you are almost into the 40's!! His injury ratings isn't even in the 90's but somehow dude is able to take so much punishment it's crazy. Give this man the damn Heisman, most durable RB since Emmit!
Yeah he got injured in that last game, but 2 plays later he was like, "Put me back in the game coach!" :lol
He's gonna have a short NFL career.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Wrong league.

Oh shit--I should use my 99 speed WR and try that in this league. *switches playbooks*

Nightz said:
Yeah he got injured in that last game, but 2 plays later he was like, "Put me back in the game coach!" :lol
He's gonna have a short NFL career.
My Freshman RB's are the opposite.
[Player gets carted off the field]
Sideline Reporter: "He went out with a broken toe nail injury and will be sidelined for 3 quarters."

mik said:
How are there so many WRs in the Heisman race? It's screwy.
Get all of your Heisman fun in now...next two years the trophy is coming back to Reno :D

Newton 2.0 You Are All Witness.

Good game Kanzolo. Mumphrey was hard to stop... My defense had to step up at the end to seal it.

Hey Commish, I thought we weren't supposed to control the WRs when the ball was in the air. Just was curious about that... ... .. .

Big Papa Husker said:
Good game Kanzolo. Mumphrey was hard to stop... My defense had to step up at the end to seal it.

Hey Commish, I thought we weren't supposed to control the WRs when the ball was in the air. Just was curious about that... ... .. .
QXcct.jpg

NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

#21 MINNESOTA UPSETS #1 MICHIGAN STATE
whisenhunt.bmp

The Minnesota Golden Gophers were devastated following their loss to Ohio State 39-35, but all was wiped away when 0:00 showed on the clock tonight in East Lansing. The Gophers leaned on their stable of running backs to shorten the game against the high powered Michigan State offense. Tom Parrish also made key throws on 2nd and 3rd down to convert and continue drives, his only blemish, a mistimed fumbled that led to a Michigan State FG. The Gopher D limited the Heisman frontrunner Mumphrey to only 3 catches, but got burned for 147yds and 2TDs that seemed to have extra sprinting speed to get behind the Minnesota secondary... Down 24-17, Michigan State recovered an onside kick that hit a Gopher returner in the leg. On first down, the D registered a sack, on 2nd and 3rd down they pressured the MSU QB to throw the ball up to his WRs, all falling incomplete. On 4th down, the Gopher D was able to get off their blocks and get the game winning sack.

After the game Coach BP had this to say: "I'm so proud! They really stepped it up today on offense and defense. They played like champions today."

With a win against Iowa and an Ohio State loss, Minnesota would win the Big Ten Championship and head to the Rose Bowl. If Ohio State would win out or if Minnesota falls to Iowa, Michigan State would represent the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl.

The win also will move Rutgers to the #2 spot, possibly clinching a National Championship berth against current #1 Texas Tech. Don't forget Nevada, who should move to #4 in next weeks polls.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcKiMy0Gp4
Sub in Minnesota as ISU and Michigan State as Nebraska.

NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

R8adp.png

-East Lansing, Michigan

News reports are claiming possible rules violations in the recent Minnesota vs Michigan State upset. Even though Minnesota did pull out the win the Spartans "no holds bar" play shocked and upset many fans. Allegations of blatant "user catching" throughout the game by Heisman front runner Keith Mumphrey kept the game closer than what it should have been. Off the record an unnamed member of the Michigan State coaching staff was quoted "everyone else is doing it so why can't we?" further proving these infractions were no mistake.

What is more shocking is the NCAA Commissioner refuses to address these infractions raising concerns over favoritism shown towards the larger BCS schools.

We will report back once we have more on this story.

GCQuinton

mik said:
I should be able to play tonight, though.

Oops, forgot about that. The extra day was a cushion for the human game, though, and it's already played.

MWS Natural said:
NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

We will report back once we have more on this story.

My official response?

My "refusing to comment" means I'm not dragging this shit out publicly into a two page discussion like last time. It's been dealt with.

GCQuinton said:
My official response?

My "refusing to comment" means I'm not dragging this shit out publicly into a two page discussion like last time. It's been dealt with.

Ooooh. Maybe the NSN press should do their research before releasing stories next time! Next they'll be telling us that Les Miles is going to Michigan.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Ooooh. Maybe the NSN press should do their research before releasing stories next time! Next they'll be telling us that Les Miles is going to Michigan.

I didn't see anything incorrect in that NSN article. Perhaps this is Texas Tech's attmept to draw attention away from the investigations into their recruiting practices?
grin.png

MWS Natural said:
I didn't see anything incorrect in that NSN article. Perhaps this is Texas Tech's attmept to draw attention away from the investigations into their recruiting practices?
grin.png

There is nothing wrong with our recruiting. It is modeled after the SMU system I saw on ESPN's 30 for 30.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #1 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
#6 Arkansas (mik) vs. #8 LSU (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)
#4 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #22 Penn State (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #10 Cincinnati (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Fresno State (CPU)
#16 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Iowa (CPU)
#15 Cal (Nightz) vs. Arizona (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Thirteen Headlines

Minnesota Knocks Off #1 Michigan State, Enters The Top Ten In Media, BCS Polls
Down, But Not Out: Spartans Slip To #4 In The Polls
Cal Starting To Close In On PAC-10 Conference Title
First Bowl Projections Of The Season Arrive

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Trajuan Briggs, HB, Cal
42-7 W Against Oregon State
35 carries for 287 yards, 4 TD
10 reception yards

Rankings

Texas Tech - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Nevada - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Michigan State - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Arkansas - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Cal - #15 Coaches, #17 Media, #15 BCS
Minnesota - #16 Coaches, #10 Media, #10 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

T. Parish (Minnesota) kneels

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

South Carolina vs. Texas Tech

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!

GCQuinton

GG, man. I haven't been able to break off too many runs with him this season, but I knew he was fast enough to try it out (86 SPD, 98 ACC). With the way he floats passes I've been taking more chances with that instead of potentially throwing a pick (see Arkansas game). Was working great till that last play, though.

Ah, well. He's just keeping the seat warm for Jay Thompson anyway!

Just finished game game against Iowa and won 52-0. The defense kept the pressure on all day picking off 3 passes and giving up no points. My QB and my RB both broke 1000 yards rushing on the season as well.

Man, that Ohio State loss may prove costly unless Michigan somehow upsets them. GO BIG BLUE!

BigAT

Is there anything worse than playing a CPU that runs a no-huddle spread offense? Even winning, it's just not a pleasant experience. There's like 4-5 Big East teams that run it and it is always miserable.

BigAT said:
Is there anything worse than playing a CPU that runs a no-huddle spread offense? Even winning, it's just not a pleasant experience. There's like 4-5 Big East teams that run it and it is always miserable.
No huddle is hard to defend against the CPU because they give you NO time to make any sort of defensive audibles.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
No huddle is hard to defend against the CPU because they give you NO time to make any sort of defensive audibles.

Isn't that the point of no huddle in general?

But yeah, a couple of CPU SEC teams run it, too. Depending on the type of play call, you should have plenty of time to call an audible.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I more or less stay in a base defense against the CPU and wait for him to fuck up. So no huddle doesn't bother me—but there are plenty of CPU teams that run it.

Striker

BigAT said:
It's frustrating when you have Safeties and LB's who can't cover a biddy league player. My big test will be next week's game vs. West Virginia. They got a WR rated 97 and a HB rated 92, not to mention two QB's rated 91 and 89 respectively. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

Three games left on the week.

No huddle doesnt bother me since I leave my LBs on the field 90% of the time anyway. What pisses me of is super RoboQB's who are able to complete passes that no human would be able to. Last game I had 0 sacks but at least 20+ pressures. Each time the QB would get hit her would send a bullet pass to the WR who would somehow instantly warp off the jam then catch it..

KanZolo

Nightz said:
fktbpf.jpg

:(

He did an exceptional job with SDSU. Hated to see him go.
Didn't realize u were really a SDSU fan. Obviously you approved of him...a lot of mixed reactions in Michigan. Comparisons to Matt Foley, Fred Flintstone etc etc but I like the hire better than Les Miles

Nightz

KanZolo said:
Didn't realize u were really a SDSU fan. Obviously you approved of him...a lot of mixed reactions in Michigan. Comparisons to Matt Foley, Fred Flintstone etc etc but I like the hire better than Les Miles
Just a casual college football fan, but I do support local teams. SDSU's been pretty bad recently so Hoke was received quite well by San Diego sports media because of the job he did.

Top Bottom