• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Striker

gg Ram

I felt like Joe Flacco passing all game until that lucky 4th & 10 play in the end. Without my HB Ray Graham I am crap offensively.

Also... I'm trying to exit the game, and I'm getting "Transfer failed..." and saying if I chose Online Dynasty I will lose any unsaved information (will the game save?), so...

Ramirez

Striker said:
gg Ram

I felt like Joe Flacco passing all game until that lucky 4th & 10 play in the end. Without my HB Ray Graham I am crap offensively.

Also... I'm trying to exit the game, and I'm getting "Transfer failed..." and saying if I chose Online Dynasty I will lose any unsaved information (will the game save?), so...

Yup, GG, good way to end the season. I blew it on the 4th down play, I knew you'd be targeting Shannahan and didn't have Safety help, bonehead move.

HFA was on for some reason, don't think it had much to do with the end result, but still sucked that it was on for a few plays. :p

Yea, I got the same message about the servers, I just exited.

GCQuinton

And we're officially in the off-season! Coaching Carousel's first up, along with this breaking news:

DEVELOPING STORY: NIGHTZ FIRED AS CAL HEAD COACH

Aside from that bit of news, it only looks like mik's contract has expired and he's on the clock to take care of that. Whenever he does that, I assume that's when Nightz can move ahead and apply to another school.

And, if you guys really wanna wait for this patch to come out at "the end of the month" I suggest dragging this off-season out a bit longer than usual for the more antsier folks around here.

mik

mik is unbeatable
GCQuinton said:
Aside from that bit of news, it only looks like mik's contract has expired and he's on the clock to take care of that.
I have to plead a measure of ignorance here on a couple points:

• do I have to take care of that on the console, or can it be done on the web?

• what are my options? is this one of those cases where I can move to a different team? I thought we played a few seasons before that was an option.

GCQuinton

mik said:
I have to plead a measure of ignorance here on a couple points:

• do I have to take care of that on the console, or can it be done on the web?

• what are my options? is this one of those cases where I can move to a different team? I thought we played a few seasons before that was an option.

1. Console only it seems.
2. You'd have to look at it yourself later to be sure, but it looks like they just want to re-sign you. I could force that part, but if you wanna possibly look around for other options you can do it.

If you don't, though, looks like Striker's on their list of possible replacements!

ProfessorChaos.gif

mik

mik is unbeatable
Heh--sorry. :\

I'll take a look tonight and make my decision quickly! (so nightz can have a good pep talk with my beavers)

Also, wtf. Did any of you guys actually check the dynasty page? It says I lost to south carolina. I remember beating the shit out of them. I guess it actually didn't save our games and just simmed everything.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Also, wtf. Did any of you guys actually check the dynasty page? It says I lost to south carolina. I remember beating the shit out of them. I guess it actually didn't save our games and just simmed everything.

Just noticed this now looking at the site. Wow. WTH is going on with these servers right now?

GCQuinton

In the future, just to be on the safe side, if you guys have games that look like they uploaded to the server but the game won't save it, let me know so I can just throw it out completely and you can play again that way.

Think I'm gonna stick to console advances too, just in case that has something to do with it.

mik

mik is unbeatable
It isn't. BPH and I played a tight, defensive game (very much like the one you and I played). The result was 14-7. :\

Ramirez

Striker said:
Ram and I's epic 24-17 game in OT was washed and turned into a 14-9 snoozer? Damnit!

That's lame, no doubt we played the best game of Season 1 considering the stakes. Went back and forth, I liked our back to back picks personally. :p

So was HFA being on a bug? Maybe something to bring up to EA for a future patch? (lulz) With better teams that would have made a lot more difference than it did in our game, would hate for that to happen in later seasons. :(

GCQuinton

Ramirez said:
That's lame, no doubt we played the best game of Season 1 considering the stakes. Went back and forth, I liked our back to back picks personally. :p

So was HFA being on a bug? Maybe something to bring up to EA for a future patch? (lulz) With better teams that would have made a lot more difference than it did in our game, would hate for that to happen in later seasons. :(

As has been stated repeatedly at this point, we turn HFA off for conference championships/bowl games.

MrCWS83

Fuck why are there so many problems with this game?! The dynasty is going ape shit. So I lost my bowl game after all this BS? Awesome job EA, you fuck sticks. Lots of hype into this game with the tv show on ESPNU and the game is bugged up to it's ears. Let's hope this patch fixes it and doesn't create more problems. They have to be so god damn embarrassed right now

MrCWS83

GCQuinton said:
As has been stated repeatedly at this point, we turn HFA off for conference championships/bowl games.
The dude said it was on, perhaps it was on by chance due to a bug like everything else has seemed to have gone wrong with the bowls. Take his word for it, we get you have it turned off but things aren't working properly as of lately

Ramirez

GCQuinton said:

Read my posts brah. I got shaky playcalling lines on about 5 of my plays last night, and when Striker would kick it off the whole stadium would do the "WHOOSH" thing. Not a big deal, but it would suck when we get to 5-6 star schools.

GCQuinton

Ramirez said:
Read my posts brah. I got shaky playcalling lines on about 5 of my plays last night, and when Striker would kick it off the whole stadium would do the "WHOOSH" thing. Not a big deal, but it would suck when we get to 5-6 star schools.

I guess that's yet another bug like CWS mentioned, then, so my bad on that. From reading around about this the last few hours, I haven't seen anything about any HFA setting problems though.

Ramirez

GCQuinton said:
I guess that's yet another bug like CWS mentioned, then, so my bad on that. From reading around about this the last few hours, I haven't seen anything about any HFA setting problems though.

Maybe it's just the Sugarbowl. *shrug*

BigAT

Man, that sucks about all the bowl games resetting. Especially since "win a bowl game" was one of the qualifiers for my coaching progress.

I don't know if it's possible to turn HFA all the way off. I had a bit of it in my game too, like wide receivers having to move towards the QB to hear hot routes since it's too loud, but hopefully turning it "off" by the commish at least limits its effects.

Ramirez

BigAT said:
Man, that sucks about all the bowl games resetting. Especially since "win a bowl game" was one of the qualifiers for my coaching progress.

I don't know if it's possible to turn HFA all the way off. I had a bit of it in my game too, like wide receivers having to move towards the QB to hear hot routes since it's too loud, but hopefully turning it "off" by the commish at least limits its effects.

Yea, had a lot of this.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Hmm, the PAC-12 Championship was in Tempe and I didn't see any indication of HFA being on. None. I don't remember seeing it in the bowl game either. The crowd got loud and so forth, but there were no crazy route lines or anything like that.

Striker

Ramirez said:
Maybe it's just the Sugarbowl. *shrug*
I know we had lots of blue. Was kind of strange, lol.

P.S. I turned down Cal's offer. I just Advanced my week so I assume I can stay at Pitt.

MrCWS83

BigAT said:

Ramirez said:
Yea, had a lot of this.
Ditto

BigAT

Ugh, the bowl game loss also dropped my "win 50% against the top 25" goal below 50% when it would have been above that otherwise.

I set ready to advance, because I guess I don't have anything to do?

MrCWS83

Big Papa Husker said:
I'm fine with waiting until the patch comes out. Tradition Sports Online also has a big thread on these problems and apparently they have a open channel to EA to try to fix this "simming" bug
I want to wait it out. EA really screwed the pooch with this so far. BPH and I talked earlier this afternoon. He told me he read somewhere the patch might come out on the 23rd. Just a week away so I can hold out. What a mess this debacle has turned into.

Ramirez

I hope the Patch doesn't hit until after I'm back from PAX. Although, I might be able to take my game with me and play it on my hosts Xbox. :p

Top Bottom