• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

I'm sure you're pretty pissed right now, Nightz, but hell of a game. I can't believe my backup qb who can't hit shit was able to hit my TE on the run at the end of the game.

Also, I had no idea my starting qb was injured. Was quite a shock when I first saw my offense.

Nightz

GG man. More pissed at myself than anything. I was totally focused on your WR on the left side and was running towards him without noticing your TE getting open. By the time I realized it, it was too late. Definitely a game of inches as my guy hit your QB right as he got it off.

Honestly I was expecting a blowout of my 2* team against yours. Your guys are MUCH faster than mine. Heck your corners ran routes better than my receivers half the time. I'm just glad I was able to make the second half interesting.

Oh and my game froze when I backed out of the game. Hope yours reported it!

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Fifteen Games

Army (GCQ) vs Navy (Nightz)
Rutgers (BigAT) vs UConn
Air Force (Drizz) vs New Mexico

IDLE: Everybody else. Recruit!

Week Fifteen Headlines

Clemson Edges Navy In 17-14 Thriller...
...And Now The Midshipmen Must Prepare For Their Annual Game With Army
Cal Wins Against Pitt, Making Bears One Step Closer To National Championship
Colorado Loses To Penn State In Regular Season Finale

Player Of The Week

Adam Washington, HB, Ole Miss
40-7 W Against Miss State
24 carries for 261 yards, 4 TD

Rankings

Cal - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Ole Miss - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #7 Coaches, #8 Media, #7 BCS
Colorado - #11 Coaches, #11 Media, #10 BCS
Minnesota - #14 Coaches, #15 Media, #14 BCS
Clemson - #16 Coaches, #16 Media, #15 BCS
Navy - #17 Coaches, #18 Media, #18 BCS

Game of the Week

Army vs Navy

WEEK FIFTEEN DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

Nightz

GCQ, I'm heading out for a few hours. Not sure if you'll still be awake by the time I get home (past 10 PST). If not we can shoot for tomorrow. My boss is only having us work a half day.

GCQuinton

GCQ, I'm heading out for a few hours. Not sure if you'll still be awake by the time I get home (past 10 PST). If not we can shoot for tomorrow. My boss is only having us work a half day.

Yeah, I'll definitely be asleep by then. I'll be free pretty much anytime after 2 ET tomorrow though, so just let me know what works for you.

MrCWS83

I am looking at our current BCS standings and I'm going to suggest a realignment move. Boise St to the Big East like they actually will (see reason below). I assume you'll ask AT for his approval since it's his conference and that's 100% the right thing.

My reason for suggesting this should open up a BCS atlarge for everyone else being Boise snags one annually out of the Mountain West. I doubt the game follows the "real life non AQ" status but I think I'm on to something about opening an atlarge for everyone else. Something to investigate in the off season

Nightz

GG GCQ. Another tight game between us. I felt really bad after the fumble on the punt. I wasn't intentionally going for a line drive punt. I was aiming for the sideline but my punter and my aim are horrible. Even though you tied it up on the next possession, I kinda felt crummy the rest of that game since that play really swung the momentum. :(

GCQuinton

Conference Championship Week Games

SEC Championship: #3 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #18 Georgia
PAC 12 Championship: #1 Cal (FMT) vs #10 USC
Big Ten Championship: #14 Minnesota (BPH) vs #11 Colorado (MrCWS)

Conference Championship Week Headlines

With Boise State Locked In The BCS Championship, All Eyes Are On Cal In PAC 12 Title Game
Navy Takes The Commander-in-Chief Trophy In 31-24 Thriller Against Army
Sittin' This One Out: Az, Striker Both Miss Out On ACC Championship
The Clashing Of Bone & Sinew: BPH, MrCWS Meet Again In Big Ten Championship

Player Of The Week

Brendan Dudeck, WR, Navy
31-24 W Against Army
170 KR yards, TD
27 PR yards

Rankings

Cal - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Ole Miss - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #6 Coaches, #7 Media, #6 BCS
Colorado - #11 Coaches, #10 Media, #10 BCS
Minnesota - #14 Coaches, #15 Media, #14 BCS
Clemson - #16 Coaches, #16 Media, #15 BCS
Navy - #17 Coaches, #19 Media, #18 BCS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

GCQuinton

GG GCQ. Another tight game between us. I felt really bad after the fumble on the punt. I wasn't intentionally going for a line drive punt. I was aiming for the sideline but my punter and my aim are horrible. Even though you tied it up on the next possession, I kinda felt crummy the rest of that game since that play really swung the momentum. :(

GG man. You have no idea how hard it was to keep my emotions in check after that happened, lol. The moment you paused it, I just wanted to get back to the game and try to get that score back. But yeah, as always another good tight one!

*circles Navy game for next season*

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl, here Army comes (maybe)!

Nightz

GG man. You have no idea how hard it was to keep my emotions in check after that happened, lol. The moment you paused it, I just wanted to get back to the game and try to get that score back. But yeah, as always another good tight one!

*circles Navy game for next season*

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl, here Army comes (maybe)!

Yeah I paused to send you an XBL message from my laptop. But the xbox site is being stupid and I couldn't send one lol.

damn i barely beat USC and they almost beat me on a hail mary from midfield with no time left. their guy jumped up and had the ball but thankfully it got knocked away.

would i have missed out on the national title game if i lost? don't the conference championships not mean anything regarding ranking?

GCQuinton

damn i barely beat USC and they almost beat me on a hail mary from midfield with no time left. their guy jumped up and had the ball but thankfully it got knocked away.

would i have missed out on the national title game if i lost? don't the conference championships not mean anything regarding ranking?

It matters like any other game would, or in your case a lot more considering the title game implications. If you lost it, you'd have been bumped out and it'd be Boise-Ole Miss most likely.

MrCWS83

Big 10 title game will be played tomorrow.

Damn Frenchy don't you pay attention to college football at all to understand conference championship games? ;)

Big 10 title game will be played tomorrow.

Damn Frenchy don't you pay attention to college football at all to understand conference championship games? ;)

well to be honest i don't pay attention to college football but i do know that a lot of talking heads on espn said it wouldn't matter if LSU lost the conference title game to georgia so i didn't know wtf

well to be honest i don't pay attention to college football but i do know that a lot of talking heads on espn said it wouldn't matter if LSU lost the conference title game to georgia so i didn't know wtf

That's because there's an excessive amount of SEC dick sucking going on currently. You play in the PAC-12 so you don't get an automatic berth in the national championship like they do.

MrCWS83

Generally that (losing a conference championship but still getting in BCS title game) wouldn't happen but might have if LSU would have lost. Oklahoma backed in against LSU in 2003 and Nebraska didn't even get in the Big 12 game in 2001 along with Bama this season. It's just an imperfect system with the BCS and with the human and computer polls it'll get 1 vs 2 that the formula equates. But I'm stoked for this rematch!

By thethe way...the shitty ACC shouldn't have got 2 this year for the first time ever! Just your Clemson team should be in Az

Striker

Bowl projections say I'm scheduled to face Storybook in the Bowl game, what's the status on him?

In other news, got two other recruits, although I'm still going to be weak as shit at OL/DT, and will need to be heavy in recruiting there in the future. Going to lose a lot this off-season and next.

GCQuinton

Conference Championship Week Scores:

SEC Championship: #3 Ole Miss (KanZolo) 9, #18 Georgia 3
PAC 12 Championship: #1 Cal (FMT) 17, #10 USC 14

Conference Championship Week Games Remaining:

Big Ten Championship: #14 Minnesota (BPH) vs #11 Colorado (MrCWS)

B10 game's slated to be played today, so we should advance shortly after.

And I have no idea on story's status right now, Striker. He's popped in occasionally, but for the most part he's been on autopilot the majority of the season it feels like.

MrCWS83

Done. Nice show of sportsmanship putting another on the board while not putting it on conservative clock management with under 2 to go... Ass.
You're such a baby BH. I tacked one on to hopefully get my guy the Heisman. It hurts you but I'm satisfied I ruined your day.

I whooped your ass in the first 2 starts and the 3rd time we got the whole game in. Rose Bowl here we come. Woooooo

GCQuinton

Bowl Season Games

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl: Army (GCQ) vs UNLV
Military Bowl: #16 Navy (Nightz) vs Northern Illinois
Holiday Bowl: Oregon State (mik) vs Texas
Sun Bowl: #13 Clemson (Az) vs Washington
Chick-fil-A Bowl: Miss State (storybook) vs Pitt (Striker)
Outback Bowl: Minnesota (BPH) vs Alabama
Rose Bowl: #9 Colorado (MrCWS) vs #4 Oregon 
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #3 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #7 Rutgers (BigAT)
BCS National Championship: #1 Cal (FMT) vs #2 Boise State 

Bowl Season Headlines

FMT Gets Cal To BCS Championship In Second Season As Coach
Colorado Wins Big Ten Championship In First Season As Members
Malcolm Creer Takes Home The Heisman For The Buffaloes
Sugar Bowl Matchup Between Rutgers, Ole Miss Highly Anticipated

Heisman Trophy Winner

Malcolm Creer, HB, Colorado

BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

KanZolo

I wasn't going to do this until you padded your RB stats towards the end and kicked a field goal as time expired.

41577_74440114906_468568_n.jpg

Clearly you have the better team and I could only force you to some turnovers, no punts. I laid it all out on the line being you had a 14-0 lead in our game that ended abrubtly to disconnection and this game I had chances but again fell behind 14-0. It felt like 28-0 combining the other game. So hopefully you're fucking running back will win the Heisman. Oh, before I forget. GG

You're such a baby BH. I tacked one on to hopefully get my guy the Heisman. It hurts you but I'm satisfied I ruined your day.

I whooped your ass in the first 2 starts and the 3rd time we got the whole game in. Rose Bowl here we come. Woooooo
Interesting

damn boise state sucks. how the F did they get into the title game? easiest CPU game i've had all year!

i wish i could've played a human opponent.... bitter sweet national title!

MrCWS83

Oregon spanked me in the Granddaddy. I beat them in year one but I remember an ass kicking last year worse than todays. I know one person taking joy in my loss

GCQuinton

Army gets their third straight bowl victory with a 31-13 win over UNLV in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl! And along with that, true freshman QB Corey Spencer breaks Army's season TD record (it's only 20, but give me a break!) and was two yards away from breaking the team's season passing record. Aside from a few mishaps (the Cal game and maybe two others), he had a solid first year. Combine that with a possible Top 40 recruiting class incoming, and I'm curious to see how much better we get next season.

damn boise state sucks. how the F did they get into the title game? easiest CPU game i've had all year!

i wish i could've played a human opponent.... bitter sweet national title!

Drizz and I couldn't handle Boise :(

But, as mentioned before, if Az doesn't go on vacation you're likely playing him for the title. Then there's the Owl, who was only a few tenths of a point away from Boise. #plusonegame

Oregon spanked me in the Granddaddy. I beat them in year one but I remember an ass kicking last year worse than todays. I know one person taking joy in my loss

Not looking like it's gonna be a good bowl season for the Big Ten.

GCQuinton

army-logo.jpg

ARMY EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE BREAKS SILENCE ON CONFERENCE PLANS

Following the team's 31-13 win over UNLV in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl, the Army Black Knights shed some light on their exploratory committee activities publically for the first time.

According to head football coach GCQ, the Big East is the prime candidate out of the currently existing conferences for the team to move to come 2016 or 2017 (seasons six or seven).

The key words there being "currently existing". The other option that they're leaning more toward? A brand new, heavily modified, BCS eligible Conference USA comprised of Army, Navy, Air Force and as GCQ put it, the "best of the rest" from the other mid-tier conferences.

Here's the first look at the proposed "Conference USA 2.0":

Army
Navy
Air Force
Boise State
Western Michigan
Toledo
Kent State
Nevada
ECU
Tulsa
New Mexico
Troy

"This is the option we're most intrigued by at the moment," said head coach GCQ. All of these teams have had their success in their individual conferences, have all gotten better over the years and together I think we'd be a worthy addition to the BCS. Provided we could get all member schools on board with it, this would be the direction most likely go in. But again, and I stress this, this is all currently in ongoing talks and NONE of it is official. But Captain America, Sgt. Slaughter, and Coach K and I think this conference would certainly shake some things up."

Will this actually happen, though? We'll all see in two to three more seasons.

army-logo.jpg

ARMY EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE BREAKS SILENCE ON CONFERENCE PLANS

Following the team's 31-13 win over UNLV in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl, the Army Black Knights shed some light on their exploratory committee activities publically for the first time.

According to head football coach GCQ, the Big East is the prime candidate out of the currently existing conferences for the team to move to come 2016 or 2017 (seasons six or seven).

The key words there being "currently existing". The other option that they're leaning more toward? A brand new, heavily modified, BCS eligible Conference USA comprised of Army, Navy, Air Force and as GCQ put it, the "best of the rest" from the other mid-tier conferences.

Here's the first look at the proposed "Conference USA 2.0":

Army
Navy
Air Force
Boise State
Western Michigan
Toledo
Kent State
Nevada
ECU
Tulsa
New Mexico
Troy

"This is the option we're most intrigued by at the moment," said head coach GCQ. All of these teams have had their success in their individual conferences, have all gotten better over the years and together I think we'd be a worthy addition to the BCS. Provided we could get all member schools on board with it, this would be the direction most likely go in. But again, and I stress this, this is all currently in ongoing talks and NONE of it is official. But Captain America, Sgt. Slaughter, and Coach K and I think this conference would certainly shake some things up."

Will this actually happen, though? We'll all see in two to three more seasons.

The Colonel approves.

Top Bottom