• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week One Games

#13 Rutgers (BigAT) vs Oregon State (Righty)
#17 Kansas State (Az) vs Utah State (BabeSlayer)
#8 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #22 SMU (EEK tha Cat)
#20 Ohio (Striker) vs #10 Utah

OPEN: #14 NC State (GCQ), Miami (OH) (NateEasy), San Diego State (Nightz), Kansas (storybook), Nebraska (BPH)

Week One Headlines

No Respect: Defending Champs Ohio Start At The Bottom Of The Top 25
Here Come The New Challengers! NateEasy Debuts, Righty10 Returns 
Rutgers, NC State and SMU All Have Heisman Frontrunners In Contention
All BCS Bowls Go At-Large Starting This Season

Rankings

Ole Miss - #8 Coaches
Rutgers - #13 Coaches
NC State - #14 Coaches
Kansas State - #17 Coaches
Ohio - #20 Coaches
SMU - #22 Coaches

Game of the Week

Rutgers vs Oregon State

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

nateeasy

Banned
Just finished my recruiting. Had three 3star and one 2star players instant commit.

Looks like I open up the season with 4 ranked user games.

GCQuinton

Things are starting off great for the Wolfpack in recruiting this year. Got an instant commit from my top prospect, the #1 ATH in the nation (84 OVR). And right after that another one from a 4 star WR.

Time to start putting all this together on the field. We're getting the groceries, time to cook the dinner!

So...I really cannot compete in this league clearly. I feel like I am taking a spot of someone who might actually be able to compete. Granted my team isn't helping the cause much, and ya this might just be the frustration of the last game speaking but still I don't feel like I can compete in this league. I'll play out the season if you need me to but if someone else wants to jump in before the season goes to far in my spot or whatever I am disheartened and pretty much defeated. So many TD passes dropped. Should have had a few early pics that would have changed the game completely, my team (and me) just simply cannot compete with you guys.....

So...I really cannot compete in this league clearly. I feel like I am taking a spot of someone who might actually be able to compete. Granted my team isn't helping the cause much, and ya this might just be the frustration of the last game speaking but still I don't feel like I can compete in this league. I'll play out the season if you need me to but if someone else wants to jump in before the season goes to far in my spot or whatever I am disheartened and pretty much defeated. So many TD passes dropped. Should have had a few early pics that would have changed the game completely, my team (and me) just simply cannot compete with you guys.....

Hey man, I don't think it's you. Your team is just really slow. I think you played a good game and had a good gameplan. It's just tough when you start out with a really bad team. The guys who picked the service academies last year all had the same issues. It just takes time to become competitive when you have a team like that. I don't think GC even went to a bowl game for 5 or so years.

Either way, GG.

GCQuinton

Yeah, that's just the price of starting off with a lower ranked team. The only real way to turn that around and build them up is to win games, and with one less human opponent this season you could still have a decent 9-3 or 10-3 record and start to attract better recruits.

As Az alluded to, I played with one star Army last year and to say I had a rocky start with them is putting it lightly. But as the seasons went on, 7-5 seasons turned to 8-4 and 9-3 and by around Season 5 or 6 I was averaging 10 win seasons and drawing in better players. By the team we finished in Season 10, we were a Top 10 squad with a full six stars of prestige. We might have even been in the BCS hunt if we went a little longer. I definitely had fun completely building a team up, but it's definitely not a cakewalk in a league like this.

Striker

@Babe, your team is young and is still growing. I was in the same position years ago with Marshall and the best thing you can do is stick to it, and recruit good players. With this new system in recruiting you will certainly find gems easier than you would before. Also you played K-State, who were in the 90's entering the dynasty, and Az is a good player himself. I'm sure I'll get blasted myself next week by them.

As for my Week 1 game, I trailed going into the 4th Quarter down 21-7 (did score with :10 left in the 3rd). Felt like nothing was going for me - my TE fumbling on the 1-yard line and the ball flew into the endzone, my PR coughing it up, and my WR getting stripped in mid field. Those errors allowed Utah to throw and had success. Thankfully the Utah QB got too cute and threw two picks and fumbled while trying to act like Doug Flutie and I took advantage.

Ok a few hours removed, and taking a second look at my recruits and recruiting potential I have improved. My team is slowly getting better. I don't really have much I should be complaining about i've gone to a bowl game every year 9-4 record and as mentioned could easily improve that this year. Ya it is just frustrating being handled so easily on my user games but I suppose thats to be expected. Hopefully by the end i'll be contending. I have to say though I am still a bit bugged about the lack of good prospects in my pipeline states :( such is life I suppose. I think I do need a little recruiting help though. Maybe some of you vets would be willing to share a bit of your strategies? Only person i've been recruiting against is Nightz i think so i'll just avoid anything he says :p

Anyway thanks for the encouragement/kind words sorry for my frustration rant. Was just a bit disheartening to get stomped so hard.

Striker

Not really sure. I mean majority of my roster, both in recruits and while on the roster as I came in, were in Ohio. I think out of 70 players there's about 44-45 players. The pipelines like Florida, Ohio, California, and most of the south eastern states are generally good at being deep in quality prospects. I lost a state this past off-season I think. :\

BigAT

Small patch for the opening of the Uniform Store. Rutgers, Missouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Northwester, Oregon, EMU, Miss. St., FIU, Washington and Arizona in the free update.

Righty, is 6:00 EST good for you tonight?

Righty10

Small patch for the opening of the Uniform Store. Rutgers, Missouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Northwester, Oregon, EMU, Miss. St., FIU, Washington and Arizona in the free update.

Righty, is 6:00 EST good for you tonight?
I'll be home in about 30 minutes and I'll be ready to go.

BigAT

GG Righty. Banner day for Jawan Jamison to start out his Heisman campaign, 22 for 242, 3 TDs. Oregon State is a weird team, they are elite at some spots but completely lacking at others.

Are you around Storybook? I'm up for double duty.

GG Righty. Banner day for Jawan Jamison to start out his Heisman campaign, 22 for 242, 3 TDs. Oregon State is a weird team, they are elite at some spots but completely lacking at others.

At a high school game, I'll be available tomorrow night.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Two Games

#12 NC State (GCQ) vs Nebraska (BPH)
Miami (OH) (Nateeasy) vs #21 SMU (EEK tha Cat)
#11 Rutgers (BigAT) vs Kansas (storybook)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs #16 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
#15 Kansas State (Az) vs #17 Ohio (Striker)

OPEN: Oregon State (Righty), Utah State (BabeSlayer)

Week Two Headlines

Ohio Defeats Utah 28-21 In Season Opener
Utah State Coach BabeSlayer Returns To Team After Alleged Meltdown
SMU Gets Huge Upset Win Over Ole Miss
Jawan Jamison's Big Game Helps Rutgers Beat Oregon State

Rankings

Rutgers - #11 Coaches
NC State - #12 Coaches
Kansas State - #15 Coaches
Ole Miss - #16 Coaches
Ohio - #17 Coaches
SMU - #21 Coaches

Player of the Week

Jawan Jamison, HB, Rutgers
34-10 W Against Oregon State
22 carries for 242 yards, 3 TD
2 receptions for 52 yards

Game of the Week

Kansas State vs Ohio

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

Nightz

You around, Mr. Owl? I could play if we start in the next 10 minutes or so. Otherwise it'll have to be tomorrow.

Edit: Let's just shoot for tomorrow. I'll be home around 5 PST.

Righty10

GG AT. Couldn't get my running game going at all and I couldn't stop yours. Definitely not a recipe for success.

KanZolo

You around, Mr. Owl? I could play if we start in the next 10 minutes or so. Otherwise it'll have to be tomorrow.

Edit: Let's just shoot for tomorrow. I'll be home around 5 PST.
Not sure what time i can go, probably a little later like 11 or 12 eastern time

GCQuinton

I'll do my recruiting when I get to a computer.

I'm up for rescheduling NC State-Nebraska next season if you are. Tried to move your first game to Week 2 thinking it might get to Sunday so we could play it, but we advanced the first week quick.

Righty, if we advance tonight can you roll tomorrow sometime?

GCQuinton

If it will fit, thats fine, if not, no big deal. I just got my recruiting done.

It should. Not counting the new guys, you were the last of the league teams I had left to play in my rotation.

My 5 star true freshmen WR and CB* had quite the debuts, though!

*Nathan Miller: "What's up, Coach Ram?!"

Top Bottom