• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF servers for Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source - NOW ONLINE

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, apparently we can't have it next to the ad banner, but inserting it elsewhere is going to take some thought.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, the server banners are pretty much how I want them to be, and they show the password when you put your mouse over them.

Won

It is like totally impossible to hold back the urge to stab my teammates at the beginning of a round. brrrrr.

Won

CS:S server was full the last 2 hours. But then everyone left. So yes it is empty now, but it showed me 10/16 earlier.

fallout

zoku88 said:
Does the server always show 0/16 or is there seriously no one there right now?
We all just finished playing.

BTW, I find the best way to get anything going is the friends list.

Twig

Banned
Well, we all just quit.

Also.

I suck at CS:S.

Ugh.

EDIT: Oh hey not only was I beaten I was beaten twice.

I guess it's time to kill some hookers.

zoku88

fallout said:
We all just finished playing.

BTW, I find the best way to get anything going is the friends list.
You have to be kidding :lol

Just in time for me to get back from a concert....

I need to play more pc TF2, but gta keeps getting in the way! Will definitely be jumping on post gta. Hope u guys are gentle towards the less godly members of the TF community, i don't wanna be scurrying back to the 360 version to buff my ego (where im pretty good, better than pc version anyhow) TOO much :D

Capndrake

Seems good, but the time limit might be a bit high. I personally prefer round limits to time limits, one of my favourite servers does it like this:

-CTF maps switch after one round
-CP/PL maps switch after two rounds
-TC maps switch after one round
-Melee maps switch after two rounds
-Other, custom maps switch after anywhere between two to five rounds (Depends on average length of match)

Capndrake said:
Seems good, but the time limit might be a bit high. I personally prefer round limits to time limits, one of my favourite servers does it like this:

-Other, custom maps switch after anywhere between two to five rounds (Depends on average length of match)
COUPONBUG.COM?

I wish we could get the thing where songs are uploaded to the server and they can be played like that. That's one of my favorite things about Team ROOMBA's server.

Doytch

Capndrake said:

Ehh, I'd just rip out 2fort, ctf_well, granary, and maybe cp_well or hydro. The first three should definitely go though, they empty a server fast.

I wish we could get the thing where songs are uploaded to the server and they can be played like that. That's one of my favorite things about Team ROOMBA's server.

Karaoke? :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah, I'd like some input on what you guys want as far as settings on the TF2 server. I did some configuration, removing the ctf maps from rotation and adding two custom maps. I installed mani mod for rockthevote purposes, but it's not working, and sourcemod's rockthevote seems inferior at default and I don't see any way to tweak it. I didn't have any problem setting up the CSS server, but documentation for using these server mods with TF2 is pretty scarce...

Doytch

EviLore said:
cp_warpath2
cp_castle3

There's a beta for v4 of castle out. Warpath is pretty good for a change of pace. People who want stalemates rejoice!

And I agree with Crushed, cp_well should go too. Neither of the straight cp maps(Granary and Well) and that good. I think it has more to do with the mode than the maps though.

1-D_FTW

Doytch said:
Ehh, I'd just rip out 2fort, ctf_well, granary, and maybe cp_well or hydro. The first three should definitely go though, they empty a server fast.

Can't be stressed enough. There's a minority that'll like some of those maps (I personally believe 2fort is of the same greatness as Dustbowl, Gravel Pit, and Goldrush), but there are a lot of people with very strong opinions against those.

Doytch said:
There's a beta for v4 of castle out. Warpath is pretty good for a change of pace. People who want stalemates rejoice!

And I agree with Crushed, cp_well should go too. Neither of the straight cp maps(Granary and Well) and that good. I think it has more to do with the mode than the maps though.

Agree. Even Badlands (which is far and away the best push-pull map IMO) isn't that much fun. I don't mind it in short bursts, but it's sad to see how it'll empty a server if it's on for too long. Hope Badlands is the last push-pull map Valve makes.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
cp_gravelpit
cp_dustbowl
cp_warpath2
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_castle3

That's what the map rotation looks like at the moment. If you support other custom maps like the ones nomad mentioned, or have a case for something being added or removed to the list above, definitely say so. Remember, I'm not an active TF2 player...

eznark

Banned
Since it's ostensibly a GAF server, can't the maps be filtered in and out as we progress, and the folks that consistently play on it can gauge which are working out in terms of enjoyment and server population?

How difficult is it to add/subtract maps, say on a weekly basis?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
eznark said:
Since it's ostensibly a GAF server, can't the maps be filtered in and out as we progress, and the folks that consistently play on it can gauge which are working out in terms of enjoyment and server population?

How difficult is it to add/subtract maps, say on a weekly basis?

It's a simple process to edit the text file, ftp it, then restart the server.

1-D_FTW

EviLore said:
cp_gravelpit
cp_dustbowl
cp_warpath2
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_castle3

That's what the map rotation looks like at the moment. If you support other custom maps like the ones nomad mentioned, or have a case for something being added or removed to the list above, definitely say so. Remember, I'm not an active TF2 player...

All killer and no filler.

If you can control it, though, I wouldn't have Badlands be a marathon. Push-pull maps are usually won by the same team over and over. It gets depressing if you're on the losing team.

Sciz

cp_castle4_b3
Significantly different from castle3, and better. It's still in beta, but I'd suggest it over its predecessors anyway.

Casbah and Avanti have both been fairly popular in the past.

And while I don't think it's ever been on a GAF server, Roswell is a fun Gravel Pit style map.

Won

Still not sure about the password. The CS server went empty really fast yesterday after a couple of people left.

Capndrake

Custom maps I like the most:

-cp_aqua (This one quite easily looks better than all official maps if you ask me, plus it plays great)
-cp_corporation_b2
-cp_junction
-cp_roswell
-ctf_casbah
-ctf_convoy
-ctf_mach4
-ctf_royal_b3

I'm pretty sure all are on FPSBanana.

Top Bottom