• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

sefskillz said:
cmon buffalo, the st louis rams called, they want their shitty logo back. rockin the og jerseys as their 3rds.. but i liked last years :(
Whew, thank you. From the moment I saw it I was reminded of a football logo but I couldn't think of which one (I don't watch it obviously). That was going to torment me!

And yeah, ugly. Tries to do too much, just have the old sabres+buffalo head come back and stop pissing off the fans. Why they just don't subtly change the old logo and maybe dick around with the colours instead if they absolutely must change things around is beyond me, but I'm reading all over that Sabres fans are actually getting pretty mad about it.

Barrage

Karakand said:
0717adamzkl7.jpg

...WTF? Looks like a bear's clit

Karakand

Spruce Moose said:
Why do they insist that a Buffalo be part of the logo? I'd just go with a sword of somekind. Oh well.

It's either an homage to the Buffalo Bisons (an AHL team that was very popular before the Sabres came to town) or a way of tying into the city's "sports branding" (i.e. every Buffalo team uses a buffalo in its logo, every team in Pittsburgh uses black and yellow for its colors etc.)

Sucks for the fans. The team ditches the late 90s / early 00s color scheme (black is so cool!) for the original blue and yellow but matches it with a weak logo. At least it is a logo, though. The Ducks have... a duck's foot that doubles as a D?

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Barrage said:
...WTF? Looks like a bear's clit

Barrage is like the odd kid in the back of the class. Nobody talks to him, everyone avoids him, yet he manages to say just enough weird ****ing shit to be remembered 20 years later.

Mike Works said:
I can't wait for Domi to expect to get signed with the Pens and demand he play with Malkin

Who know's where he'll end up. Countless teams are involved in the bidding war. Kudos to Domi for holding out for so long, as his price just keeps going higher as teams get more desperate.

Barrage

Wolf said:
Barrage is like the odd kid in the back of the class. Nobody talks to him, everyone avoids him, yet he manages to say just enough weird ****ing shit to be remembered 20 years later.

BEAR1.jpg

calder

I would *love* to see Domi in Pittsburgh just for the comedy gold of him claiming Malkin is his best friend by the All Star break, despite the 20 odd year difference in age and the fact that Malkin speaks barely any English.

Aw shucks, it would never happen. Domi would obviously choose Sid as his very best friend first, with Fleury as a backup maybe.

Alucard

Banned
calder said:
I would *love* to see Domi in Pittsburgh just for the comedy gold of him claiming Malkin is his best friend by the All Star break, despite the 20 odd year difference in age and the fact that Malkin speaks barely any English.

Aw shucks, it would never happen. Domi would obviously choose Sid as his very best friend first, with Fleury as a backup maybe.

YOU BE QUIET!

calder said:

:lol

If NHL 2007 had a "ball-washing" rating, Domi would have 100....

dem

Why did we move the fantasy draft to the 16th?? I need to scatch my hockey itch dammit...
gahhh
so close

I signed up for somethingawful forums today.... just so i'll have 2 places to mock the Canucks this season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
hahaha

my opening day leaf tickets arrived - realising i just paid 2.5X the face value :lol

they're great seats though - just wish i could get tickets easier. i get what i paid for though, i wanted to make sure i got these tickets. i don't like scalping them either because it takes time to lower the price, and they're not always guaranteed

dem

btw.. whoever was running the yahoo league should open up the rest of the team spots.

The more teams the better. It gets good when you start running out of good players to draft.

calder

Yeah, super-deep leagues are always fun. 16 teams or so and then you get to the point where you have to seriously consider offers for Jeff Halpern or take a flier on Richie Regehr in the 14th round and hope the flames top 4 PP dmen all get hurt.

SA-X

Well there are 13 teams right now with 16 roster spots so thats 208 players for us to draft. I think there will be plenty of crap for us to fight over in the later rounds. Can you guys really come up with more then, say, 150 actually useful players?

But if anybody else here wants to join just say so and I'll open up more team spots.

...I suppose I could give each team a 3rd line or something like that if you guys really want us to run out of good players...

dem

SA-X said:
Well there are 13 teams right now with 16 roster spots so thats 208 players for us to draft. I think there will be plenty of crap for us to fight over in the later rounds. Can you guys really come up with more then, say, 150 actually useful players?

But if anybody else here wants to join just say so and I'll open up more team spots.

...I suppose I could give each team a 3rd line or something like that if you guys really want us to run out of good players...

I went to rank players after i was done it wouldnt let me save cause i ranked too many. So yes.. i can name more than 150 :p

dem

SA-X said:
Who was the last player on your list?

Well... I rank them by position cause i find it easier to use on draft day. I dont have a player in dead last really.

Maybe Stephan Weiss.. :p

SA-X

A 21 point player is useful? Whats the point of ranking him? You can pluck guys better than him off waivers all year long.

negitoro7

Spruce Moose said:
Why do they insist that a Buffalo be part of the logo? I'd just go with a sword of somekind. Oh well.

Probably the same reason why the Phoenix Suns have a fiery bird as a large part of the logo.

sefskillz said:
haha. i was thinking of signing up. im not sure how the preds are represented in those parts.
There are a surprising amount of Predators fans. More Preds fans than Ducks, Thrashers, Hurricanes, Panthers, etc.

Barrage

Might as well throw this out there....is there ANY chance at all that we could maybe either move the Roto draft to 8:00 Saturday night or sometime Friday night? I was really looking forward to doing it live, but I'll be working on Noon Saturday.

Alucard

Banned
Sweet! I'm seeing Buffalo and Pittsburgh play in the pre-season on September 23rd! Buddy's getting me cheap tickets, and it's in my hometown of Hamilton. Woo!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Preds lock up Vokoun for an extra 4 years. Still no word on wtf is going on with the Hamhuis situation.

SA-X

Alright I guess nobody has a problem with the fantasy league draft time change then. The draft time is now this Saturday at 8 pm eastern.

Kingpen

Alucard said:
Sweet! I'm seeing Buffalo and Pittsburgh play in the pre-season on September 23rd! Buddy's getting me cheap tickets, and it's in my hometown of Hamilton. Woo!

Awesome... you'll have to post your impressions for us...

I'm getting ready to buy tickets for a 3 game homestand in pitt if I can get lucky and get them (Florida, Montreal, Washington). My wife and Dad will fly out to catch this... I may catch the game before in Phoenix as well since it is so close to Albuquerque.... Glad I get paid the government programmer salary I do!

Kifimbo

Little Off-Topic but hey, I think it's pretty funny.

Most people know Bob Gainey doesn't show his emotions. This avatar is perfect:

But according to this new ad, there is one thing what makes him smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGdmnbv8I4

St-Hubert FTW. It's a restaurant chain best known for its rotisserie chicken. IIRC, Ubisoft put their logo in the first Splinter Cell.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
That clip isn't working for me for some reason, but on that page I caught this :

Wow. Just Wow.

VIDEO OF THE YEAR.

If I knew how to cry, I'd probably be doing it right now. This vid just got me going, October hurry the **** up.

GO HABS GO

Edit - Kovalev's hands

Huet toe save

Go to the 30 second mark of that second clip to see multiple replays of that sick Huet toe save against Atlanta.

Giard

SA-X said:
Alright, ten it is. Thats the final time change though.

I still see 7:00 pm eastern on the site...is this normal?

Nice for you to change the time, my grandpa died recently and his funeral is on saturday. 10 should be perfect for me.

EDIT: Nvm, the site displayed it as pacific even though I chose eastern time....i just confirmed no changes in my account and it now displays eastern time =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom