• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

dfyb

Banned
XBL Round 1 Bracket:
dfyb vs. Avatar1 (0,2)

blanka is my eternal weakness and so many GAF members seem to use him :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
arstal said:
XBL round 1 Bracket:

Arstal vs Jam86 (2,0)
|If you want to go ahead you can do your Round 2 fight which is against Avatar1. Updated brackets in a few minutes =)

EDIT: No need too, there are only two possible Round 2 Matches:

Arstal vs. Avatar1

And on the Loser's Bracket;
dfyb vs. iam86

Relix said:
|If you want to go ahead you can do your Round 2 fight which is against Avatar1. Updated brackets in a few minutes =)

EDIT: No need too, there are only two possible Round 2 Matches:

Arstal vs. Avatar1

And on the Loser's Bracket;
dfyb vs. iam86

Still would be nice if you could..

I woul dlike to see who I may possibly play.. right now since you just moved Saqs and Arde I have no idea whats going on in my bracket.

is there any possibility of squeezing me in the tournament? please :(

129099_sad_kitten.jpg

meow

Arstal, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to reschedule our fight today. My wife locked herself out of her car and she's 30 minutes away. sigh. Perhaps Friday?

Enk

makes good threads.
So what's the cutoff deadline for the first round? I impatiently await my next victe... err... opponent.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Relix said:
50% of the PSN matches remain! Even more for the XBL tourney. Do it faster people!

Yeah sorry about that, been having troubling getting online when my opponent is on. We keep missing each other!

AZ Greg

Anyone hear anything from Lost Fragment? I posted in here asking when he wanted to play and I sent him a FR on XBL, but he hasn't accepted it yet.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
Welcome to GAF tourneys :lol :lol :lol

The Brawl tournaments moved faster :lol
myDingling said:
GGs.

So I go against Lyte Edge next? I'll add you to my friends.

Yep.

The cutoff date is next Monday. After that winners will be chosen at random, unless you contact me and show proof that you were trying to make contact with the other user. This date is DEFINITIVE. NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER TO IT!

Arstal, I woke up a little late today (I work overnight) and need to run into town. Can we make our match at 3:00PM EST? I'll try to make it home as soon as possible (as close to 2:eek:o as possible) and will stay online until i see you pop up.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Timedog wins 2-0 against BigAT

I still can't believe I lost my first matchup against Nintendo Punk. I'm considering quitting the game after that loss. The last 6 rounds he beat me 6-0 and I couldn't pull ANYTHING off.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
Hey Relix, if you can, please list my PSN tag in the OP as FindMyFarms

My new ps3 just came in :)

Done. To those asking why the PSN bracket hasn't still been updated... it's because no of the current matches can lead to another match... if you get me XD. I will post them as soon as a PSN fight happens where a Round 2 fight is possible.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge vs. ptown, PSN Match

***ptown wins, 8-7!***

I know I sound like a broken record when describing a lot of my matches, but "INTENSE" just works so damn well! :lol

We had an awesome set of matches that were essentially dead even for the most part; every round was as close as you can get!

Match 0, Lyte Edge and ptown vs. PSN: It took us so many tries to connect to each other, and we were only able to do it after I made a regular player match and changed the language to "other." Then ptown searched and found me, and miraculously we had a two-bar connection going. PSN PWNED, we win!

Match 1, 3-2 Lyte Edge: I took Chun and ptown picked Bison (and stayed with him the whole set of matches). I barely won this match as we were 2-2, and in round 3 I won with zero life remaining!

Match 2, 2-3 ptown: The rematch! After another close series of rounds, pwtown takes the win!

Match 3, 2-3 ptown: The rubber match! I switched up to Cammy which may have been a mistake as he took me DOWN HARD the first two rounds, but I managed to come back and get two more to even it out. But in the end, ptown's awesome dictator took me out!

That was a bout I enjoyed the hell out of! :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sorry for the delay, AZ Greg. I was pretty wasted when I signed up for this and I completely forgot about it until I saw that I signed up just now :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So you guys just owned me finishing most of the Round 1 matches. Very well, you can continue Round 2 fights if you desire it, PSN has one remaining Round 1 match, Prodyystopian vs. captmcblack.

In related news (lol), Archie from the XBL tournament has dropped out. Instead of giving the win automatically to guero... Is there ANYBODY interested in taking Archie's space?

PSN UPDATED BRACKETS
2qun21j.jpg

ptown

Lyte Edge said:
Lyte Edge vs. ptown, PSN Match

***ptown wins, 8-7!***

I know I sound like a broken record when describing a lot of my matches, but "INTENSE" just works so damn well! :lol

We had an awesome set of matches that were essentially dead even for the most part; every round was as close as you can get!

Match 0, Lyte Edge and ptown vs. PSN: It took us so many tries to connect to each other, and we were only able to do it after I made a regular player match and changed the language to "other." Then ptown searched and found me, and miraculously we had a two-bar connection going. PSN PWNED, we win!

Match 1, 3-2 Lyte Edge: I took Chun and ptown picked Bison (and stayed with him the whole set of matches). I barely won this match as we were 2-2, and in round 3 I won with zero life remaining!

Match 2, 2-3 ptown: The rematch! After another close series of rounds, pwtown takes the win!

Match 3, 2-3 ptown: The rubber match! I switched up to Cammy which may have been a mistake as he took me DOWN HARD the first two rounds, but I managed to come back and get two more to even it out. But in the end, ptown's awesome dictator took me out!

That was a bout I enjoyed the hell out of! :D

GG, man. Nice comebacks (especially the Chun).

You're right: PSN kicked our asses!

Arstal really killed me. I haven't had a lot of matchup time against a Honda and it really showed. I didn't have the situation knowledge and couldn't impose my game.

Wish I could have been more of a challenge to you. lol.

Not a lot of people play Honda online and I never see one in the tourneys I go to.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Arstal really killed me. I haven't had a lot of matchup time against a Honda and it really showed. I didn't have the situation knowledge and couldn't impose my game.

Wish I could have been more of a challenge to you. lol.

Not a lot of people play Honda online and I never see one in the tourneys I go to.

Well, your big problem was that you're very predictable. For example, you upballed every time on wakeup. You also would blankaball at the same timing if I did nothing, I could headbutt on anticipation at times and hit your move before you started it. Blanka when played right can give Honda fits.

I just play online- I don't bother going to tournies anymore- my work makes it hard anyways, and I don't really care for the locals all that much, since they're largely a bunch of intolerant GG fanatics.

arstal said:
Well, your big problem was that you're very predictable. For example, you upballed every time on wakeup. You also would blankaball at the same timing if I did nothing, I could headbutt on anticipation at times and hit your move before you started it. Blanka when played right can give Honda fits.

I agree about the predictability of my upball on wakeup. I have to work on that more, but really it's super effective in most situations (probably why I try it every time). The rest of my game's problem with predictability is that when I dont know what to do sometimes, I tend to keep wanting to do SOMETHING (with predictable results) while I'm thinking and perhaps it's better to do nothing and block for a bit than to do something which is telegraphed. Sometimes my game is just *ON* and I'm very good at mixing up and sometimes I fall into that rut.

Thanks for pointing it out though. I can take criticism and I appreciate that you let me know what you think my biggest problem was during that matchup. I'll continue to work on it as I try to be a better player, but I really need to play against more Honda. Truthfully, part of it is mindset. I know I have trouble with that matchup so I kinda psyche myself out sometimes.

Top Bottom