• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

GAF... move or DS3?

DS3 for mine. Was having a bit of trouble with my move controller trying to draw circles but that couldve just been calibration problems. Also controlling the camera with the move controller is an outright pain. Everything else works well though and using the buttons on the move controller to attack actually feels more natural then square button. But yeah cons outweigh the pros in my case.

Eusis

How do the Move controls compared to the Wii ones? I don't intend to do anything but experiment IF I ever got a Move, but I'm curious to know.

Nothing. If this version gets them to a million sales, they'll probably issue a 360 version, but Okami 2 is never happening.

I don't think so, it's one of the few games labelled as PSN exlcusive on the store, and I don't think anything with that label has ever been anything but a permanent exclusive. I wish it would - more people should play.

Coconut

Banned
I don't think so, it's one of the few games labelled as PSN exlcusive on the store, and I don't think anything with that label has ever been anything but a permanent exclusive. I wish it would - more people should play.

I question how well stuff like the MGS HD collection did on 360 as compared to PS3?

StuBurns

Banned
Maybe, the only reason it's not on 360 is they can't get it on GoD unless it's sold a million units. It's exclusive because it can't be anything else effectively. If this release was to sell around 400k, it'd then be acceptable to GoD, I imagine Capcom aren't expecting that, certainly I'm not, but if it did, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did port it.

ubercheez

Dropped a couple more hours in last night and got to the Tsuta Ruins. I got the first rosary as well and have been trying to stick with it for a while since I used reflectors and glaives on my original playthrough. It just seems like an inferior weapon, though -- the visual effect is really cool, but it doesn't stun enemies when I'm comboing them. It also doesn't knock aerial enemies to the ground or pull those underground drum guys out of the ground fully like the reflector does. Gonna keep at it for the Ruins at least and see if it clicks, but right now the extra range doesn't feel worth it.

Animekatt

30th Plat! :D

jEbRJ3bY1MqVj.jpg

Kyon

Banned
Yep, none of the beads are missable in a play through, since they don't appear in one time only dungeons.

Yeah I know >__< just askin
Congrats.

I think the animal times will be the most difficult. Although I've fed every animal I've seen so far.

breakfuss

Oh, thank Christ.

Haha, inverting the camera is the first thing I did. Sort of an instinctive thing. And no lie, people, I've had a PS2 for 11 years and only found out about Okami when the HD release was announced. Don't know how such a gem slipped my radar. It's like a love letter to Japan, nature, and art all wrapped up in one luscious sushi roll (..hehe). I'm late to the party, as always.

Animekatt

Yeah I know >__< just askin
Congrats.

I think the animal times will be the most difficult. Although I've fed every animal I've seen so far.

Oh my bad XD. Actually for the animal one, all you need is to feed one type of animal each to fill the empty spots.

Are there any missable trophies?

There can be one missable (the complete the bestiary one), since there's a monster that will ONLY appear in the dungeon when you
shrink down to Issun's size and go into the emperor's body
. Make sure to fight every one of the monsters there. The mob's name is Fire Doom Mirror. It appeared just before you have to fight the boss, when you get in the
emperor's
room.

Eusis

What's depressing?
It ends.

Or was one of Clover's last two games before being unceremoniously offed by Capcom, though they got to form Platinum games and make some fantastic stuff so I can't feel as bad as when some other developers get shuttered. Probably would've eventually been forced to work on Resident Evil 6 or someth-actually that WOULD have been better, dammit.

Well got every trophy except for the Fish Tome one. Gonna work on this for real tomorrow, but will do a bit still before going to bed today.

RPGCrazied

25 hours, about to hit Oni Island. I forgot, but where do you get the Power Slash v2? I see many a rock I can't cut. Been a long time since I played this game.

Animekatt

25 hours, about to hit Oni Island. I forgot, but where do you get the Power Slash v2? I see many a rock I can't cut. Been a long time since I played this game.

You can get it from one of the islands off of N. Ryoshima Coast. Have to go in one of those holes that leads to an offering pool. Forgot exactly which island though.

Mikey Jr.

Did you guys ever fight with your ink gone? Ammy as a white wolf? She does some crazy kung fu shit, kicking all over the place. Its pretty funny.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Did you guys ever fight with your ink gone? Ammy as a white wolf? She does some crazy kung fu shit, kicking all over the place. Its pretty funny.

She uses Talbain's normal attacks actually.

Also I want to slap people here for not buying the game during its PS2 run.

colt45joe

Banned
so, psn okami is around 6 gigs, and the jpn disk is 7 gigs.

maybe this has already been talked about, but does anyone know why the disk version is bigger? does it have some extra something? or does it have higher quality audio?

StuBurns

Banned
I believe that's always the case, as retail releases have some proprietary security on the disc, along with the latest PS3 FW.

When you get graded for your battles and your performances is rated with the various states of tree. If you blow one of those no trophy.

WTF, REALLY!?

But that's not fair, there are so many battles you can simply avoid, so many I willingly fought for the sake of fighting, and never got the cherry rank...I have to replay all this again for a platinum D:

Het_Nkik

Yeah, I'm looking at the list of Trophies and I don't see anything about getting a Cherry Tree Rank in every battle.

Cherry Tree Rank related trophies are:

Lupine and Divine (Bronze) - Earn a Cherry Tree rank for each item in the Results screen.

Barking Up the Cherry Tree (Gold) - Earn a Cherry Tree rank for each item in the Total Results screen.

Kyon

Banned
There is no trophy for getting cherry tree in every battle.

Only for 1 random battle and total results. That's it

Top Bottom