• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

Kyon

Banned
So "skippable text" is a lie then, since the "skippable" part is skippable in the original game.

the only thing "skippable" is when they said all the things they had to say and they start repeating themselves. Skipping cut scenes is a damn lie haha

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
the only thing "skippable" is when they said all the things they had to say and they start repeating themselves. Skipping cut scenes is a damn lie haha
Exactly, that's in the original. I heard the Wii version has all things skippable, so I'm baffled to why this isn't. But oh well, I actually enjoy them so...

Kyon

Banned
Exactly, that's in the original. I heard the Wii version has all things skippable, so I'm baffled to why this isn't. But oh well, I actually enjoy them so...

now that i think about it i believe i remember it did! :eek: i think. Pressing + skipped. hmm idk

Ugh, the Kamiki festival got me again.

Why is it that the only way to get out of that nightmare is to try leaving twice? When Issun stopped me the first time I thought I missed something and went back searching for it.

RPGCrazied

Actually you can skip cutscenes, even the intro.... on your new game plus. Sure you have to endure it the first time, but never again.

dan2026

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but is this one of the good HD re-releases?
You can never tell the quality these days.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Kind of torn between this and Vanquish (related by virtue of also being $20, lol). Which one deserves my attention first?

I would say this. I have recently played Vanquish and quite enjoyed it. Originally played Okami about 4 years ago it has been one of my favourite games of all time since, just started it this version and in HD with the PS Move it is even better than before, it looks incredible.

Get both, but if you have to choose, I would say this.

That final boss was easier than I remember. The only annoying bit was
the slot machine, and I'm not sure if there's anything more to that than luck of the slots.

Koroviev

I would say this. I have recently played Vanquish and quite enjoyed it. Originally played Okami about 4 years ago it has been one of my favourite games of all time since, just started it this version and in HD with the PS Move it is even better than before, it looks incredible.

Get both, but if you have to choose, I would say this.

I ended up going with Vanquish, but I'm probably going to pick this up in December (i.e., when I have more time, lol). It definitely has that GC-era charm about it (yes, I realize that it was a PS2 game).

Danneee

Ok, forgot to but this and just watched the quicklook before starting up my ps3 to get it and man am I glad I did. The pacing seem so damn slow with the fetching stuff and non skippable text. No wonder its supposed to be a long game...

RPGCrazied

That final boss was easier than I remember. The only annoying bit was
the slot machine, and I'm not sure if there's anything more to that than luck of the slots.

Not really.
Just use veil of mists to slow it down. Power slash until you get three orbs. Rinse and repeat.

Boss Doggie

I always upgrade astral pouch first for some odd reason. I always felt the food is wasted :p

Second is ink, then yen if needed.

I rarely prioritize health :p

Roto13

I ended up going with Vanquish, but I'm probably going to pick this up in December (i.e., when I have more time, lol). It definitely has that GC-era charm about it (yes, I realize that it was a PS2 game).

If you don't have much time, Vanquish is the right choice because it's really short and Okami is really long. :p

OMG Aero

I always upgrade astral pouch first for some odd reason. I always felt the food is wasted :p
If your pouch is full then collected food gives you money. So unless you are making a habit of dying it's more of a waste of praise and you are giving up an extra source of money if you upgrade the pouches.

Ravidrath

Question... does the Bestiary carry over into New Game +?

I missed the Fire Doom Mirror somehow, and that's the only thing that's going to keep me from getting my Platinum. I may go for it if it carries over, but otherwise... fuck it.

Question... does the Bestiary carry over into New Game +?

I missed the Fire Doom Mirror somehow, and that's the only thing that's going to keep me from getting my Platinum. I may go for it if it carries over, but otherwise... fuck it.
Animal, fish, treasure and satisfy tomes carry over.

Boss Doggie

safasdasdsfsa the game "froze" to me on the second time.

Also looks like you can miss a trophy permanently without knowing about it due to it being story based. Do not let the Water Dragon get to you when swimming away! You only have one chance at this and I missed it.

ubercheez

Closing in on the end of the first arc... made it into the Moon Cave. I definitely remember this place gave me problems my first time through -- there was some point where I got stuck and couldn't figure out how to proceed. We'll see how it goes this time...

Went back to reflector weapons instead of rosaries, and I'm happy with that choice. Not being able to stun enemies with the rosary is just too big of a sacrifice.

Boss Doggie

Is there a way to share a save to someone? I'd like to ask for a save prior to exiting the Sunken Ship. I just want to do that trophy.

Kyon

Banned
After 90 hours I finally beat this with all beads done. Got cherry tree for total results O__O just missing the fish tome, bestiary, all god techniques(I only was missing brown revenge lol but that was 2 mill), and the treasure tome.

The fishin tome will be easy but with the treasure time idk WTF I'm missing except 4 treasures ill try and look online

Anyone else been playing with Move? I love it.
I've played with the DS3 a bit and it's just not the same. The motion controller is just so much faster and it feels so good like that, BUT...

The Playstation Move is so god damn uncomfortable to hold. The Wiimote never made my hands cramped the way Move does, after a few hours it just hurts, ugh.

stalker

So I have not followed this release at all. I hear there is a disk version which contains english. Is that correct? Can I play that in English on my european PS3 and account? I have this game on PS2 and Wii and would love to have an HD retail version.
Thanks

ubercheez

So I have not followed this release at all. I hear there is a disk version which contains english. Is that correct? Can I play that in English on my european PS3 and account? I have this game on PS2 and Wii and would love to have an HD retail version.
Thanks

Yes, you can import the Asian version (different from Japanese version). You'll still need to install the game to your system, though.

XaosWolf

This HD port has been amazing so far. The only thing that slightly annoyed me at first was the lack of anything saying "Clover" anywhere. Then I found the glowing digspots again and got to here that wonderful sound. =)

Also quick question: How did everyone else here abuse the Mask drawing? (Seen 3 of you mention them)

Mine was just writing "NOT A WOLF."

Minamu

This HD port has been amazing so far. The only thing that slightly annoyed me at first was the lack of anything saying "Clover" anywhere. Then I found the glowing digspots again and got to here that wonderful sound. =)

Also quick question: How did everyone else here abuse the Mask drawing? (Seen 3 of you mention them)

Mine was just writing "NOT A WOLF."
I just made a smiley and later,
when you make a kimono design, an erect penis, very original.

Mesoian

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

The Blockheads are still the worst thing about this game. If there is one element of truly bad design, it's them.

Boss Doggie

So I take it there is no way to share a save?

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

The Blockheads are still the worst thing about this game. If there is one element of truly bad design, it's them.

I remember putting stickers on my screen.

Yep, Oni Island Blockhead... I may just never beat this game.

I swear I've got it right countless times, but apparently the game doesn't think so

edit: wait, you have to do them IN ORDER? That's why I was failing. How come the game never mentions this?

"Hey, Ammy, aren't you forgetting something? Aim for the weakpoints!"

Oh, yeah, Issun? THAT'S WHAT I WAS DOING. IF YOU WANT TO BE HELPFUL YOU STUPID LITTLE BUG, HOW ABOUT ACTUALLY BEING HELPFUL

edit2: oh yeah, I really hate Issun. Stop thinking everybody is the bad guy, Issun, it's not funny

Top Bottom