• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

Minamu

Feels good having the bead necklace on. Now all I have to worry about is the bestiary, treasure tome, and fish tome trophies.

Seriously there are more missable enemies than the
fire doom mirror. Like a few of the clay enemies in the 100 year past Spirit Gate Shinshu Field.
Only one of them is missable according to the guide. And you can fight it right outside the last boss, past the point of no return.

Holy shit, I just figured it out.

Issun is Kamiya.

It all makes sense, the cute babes, the perversion and crassness. Hes like Kamiya on twitter. I dont know why I didnt realize it sooner, I mean he wrote the story. Issun is his stand in.

Ravidrath

Beat this last night... I'm at 98% completion because I missed the stupid Fire Doom Mirror, but think I should be able to get that pretty quickly, between the String of Beads and skippable cutscenes.

I think okami has the worst text pop ups i've ever experienced in a game... insanely frequent, insanely useless, insanely annoying, MGS codec is a close second.

Minamu

Issun is Kamiya.

It all makes sense, the cute babes, the perversion and crassness. Hes like Kamiya on twitter. I dont know why I didnt realize it sooner, I mean he wrote the story. Issun is his stand in.
:lol Imagine if they had actually switched Issun to a Kamiya model xD

Theonik

Issun is Kamiya.

I was thinking of this when I played the HD version of the game. Hadn't played it originally so I read his twitter before the game and it lead me imagining Issun's quote's coming out of Kamiya's twitter. Was half-expecting being told to ask my mom.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Got the Platinum.

This game needs a real sequel. Badly.

Not that Okamiden was bad...

but COME ON CAPCOM PLEASE

Why is Okamiden not a "real" sequel?

Issun is Kamiya.

Oh my~

Beat this last night... I'm at 98% completion because I missed the stupid Fire Doom Mirror, but think I should be able to get that pretty quickly, between the String of Beads and skippable cutscenes.

Yeah, it should be a piece of cake. Only annoying stuff would be Orochi.

MechaX

Recorded a video with my phone to beat Blockhead Grande.

I didn't even feel bad.

No, in fact, I felt like I had just overcome that challenge in the intended manner

I just wrote on my TV.

It wouldn't be too bad if the order of the weak spots didn't matter, but only a rare human being would have the short term memory to recount the proper order for all of Grande's spots.

Het_Nkik

So I just got my Asian region version in the mail from Play-Asia. Any idea what the download code behind the manual is?

The only parts in English are "<----Download code is here", the download instructions, and the Terms & Conditions. The thing that actually says what the voucher is for isn't in English.

Any idea what this says?

yCjM8.jpg

EDIT: Whatever it is for was also on the wrapper advertised as an "Initial Shipment Bonus."

Coconut

Banned
So I just got my Asian region version in the mail from Play-Asia. Any idea what the download code behind the manual is?

The only parts in English are "<----Download code is here", the download instructions, and the Terms & Conditions. The thing that actually says what the voucher is for isn't in English.

Any idea what this says?

EDIT: Whatever it is for was also on the wrapper advertised as an "Initial Shipment Bonus."

I got mine today as well it would seem to be some kind of avatar image reward.

Tigel

lolwut

Unless you play it in the DSLite with a terrible dpad, it plays rather smoothly.

I love that approach more than using the same character whose story is finished though.
The ending to Okami
clearly opens the door for a real sequel

Boss Doggie

Welp, I finally encountered screen tearing.

However, it's only in Oni Island, at the part where you see lightning clouds inside the building. It's the rooms
prior to Ninetails and at the part where you race to the last with Tobi

Hopefully that won't be the case in Kamui, since that area is far harsher in environmental graphics.

The ending to Okami
clearly opens the door for a real sequel

I thought it was more on "we're going back to heaven now"

ubercheez

Had a system freeze last night after spending an hour running around fixing up Sei-an City. Kinda bummed out about that, but I'll get back into it over the weekend. Hopefully just a one-time thing.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Welp, beat the game last night after 50 some odd hours. Now I'm diving into Black Ops 2 and really miss Okami already.

Any other games I can sink my teeth into like Okami that are playable on PS3/Vita?

Yottamole

Banned

Any idea what this says?

Apparently it's a code that you can use to download this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyfD-HrNuVI

You have to redeem it in your PSN account management or something.

Ravidrath

Got my Platinum today.

Took me about 4 hours to get to the Fire Doom Mirror to finish my Bestiary in New Game +, thanks to the String of Beads and ability to skip cutscenes.

Does this rate on anyone's favourite game ever lists? Imo this is just as good as any of the zelda games.

It's in my top 10, alongside the Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls. And the LittleBigPlanet games.

Though honestly, it's hard for me to make a real top 10. A lot of the games I played when I too young to really think about games critically and pick favorites, like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario 64, I absolutely love to this day, but I never think of them when creating top 10 lists.

Everything I ever list I basically started playing after I was 10 or so.

Though I've played games like Mario Kart 64 and Age of Mythology far more than anything like Ocarina of Time, yet I never think of them either. It's always the epic adventure games that stick out in my mind.

Ravidrath

well, wouldn't a sequel have something to do with kaguya? or, was that story resolved in okami? ..dont think it was..

I think the sequel was supposed to be about sorting things out on the Celestial Plane. Could have been awesome - lots of interaction with various Japanese gods, monsters, etc.

Boss Doggie

Am I the only one who likes
turning Kamui people into wolves
before talking to them?

Ravidrath

I asked Kamiya on twitter and he just laughed. So Im going to consider it a yes that Issun is Kamiya.

Can you ask him why Inaba's a black and white rabbit?

Also, can you ask if the person responsible for the segments where you had to roll things around is with him at Platinum? Because I hate that guy.

I'm trying to wrap things up and I have a couple of other problems. I can't get waterspout to work in the digging minigames. It works fine normally, but when I'm trying to do it in the minigame it takes like five tries before it works, and it's really eating up my time. I don't understand why it works when it does and why it's not working when it doesn't.

Also I'm trying to finish things up with Camille and Camellia, they're in Sei'an City, and they want to see a tree and then have it rain. So I grow a tree, then use deluge, and...nothing. The tree grows, it rains, they get little exclamation marks over their heads when it rains, but when I talk to them afterwards they say the same stuff as before. Why isn't it working?

Boss Doggie

People got bugged by the digging minigame but I thought it's easy if you focus buffing your ink pots first.

Didn't know you could do that? How do you do it?

Also, obligatory...

image.php

Samurott's a sea lion D:

And you draw a circle on them (a la bloom).

Top Bottom