• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

RPGCrazied

Yep, Oni Island Blockhead... I may just never beat this game.

I swear I've got it right countless times, but apparently the game doesn't think so

edit: wait, you have to do them IN ORDER? That's why I was failing. How come the game never mentions this?

"Hey, Ammy, aren't you forgetting something? Aim for the weakpoints!"

Oh, yeah, Issun? THAT'S WHAT I WAS DOING. IF YOU WANT TO BE HELPFUL YOU STUPID LITTLE BUG, HOW ABOUT ACTUALLY BEING HELPFUL

edit2: oh yeah, I really hate Issun. Stop thinking everybody is the bad guy, Issun, it's not funny

Wait for the blockhead grande, omg. But for Oni island I had to use my 3DS XL and recorded a video. The quality wasn't great, but easily showed off the points to hit.

Ravidrath

Animal, fish, treasure and satisfy tomes carry over.

I don't know what a "Satisfy" tome is, but my question is answered, and I'm pissed.

If I could skip all cutscenes I might consider going for Platinum anyway, but... yeah, looks like I'm done with the game after these last four beads.

I don't know what a "Satisfy" tome is, but my question is answered, and I'm pissed.

If I could skip all cutscenes I might consider going for Platinum anyway, but... yeah, looks like I'm done with the game after these last four beads.
I was typing Bestiary but autocorrect changed it to satisfy. You can skip cutscenes in new game+.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wait for the blockhead grande, omg. But for Oni island I had to use my 3DS XL and recorded a video. The quality wasn't great, but easily showed off the points to hit.

Yeah, I ended up having to use my digital camera to record the last one.

I think that's up in there the top five biggest video game fails as a result of inadequate playtesting. It's up there with the Sonic 3 barrel.

KP0ka.jpg

Issun is the best.

Pennywise

Holy Hell.
Won a code today when capcom Germany shared some codes on their Facebook page.

So far it looks fabulous.
I was never able to finish it since my cousin damaged my PS2 copy.

How long does a normal run take ?

Mikey Jr.

Holy Hell.
Won a code today when capcom Germany shared some codes on their Facebook page.

So far it looks fabulous.
I was never able to finish it since my cousin damaged my PS2 copy.

How long does a normal run take ?

50 hours? maybe a touch less.

Recorded a video with my phone to beat Blockhead Grande.

I didn't even feel bad.

No, in fact, I felt like I had just overcome that challenge in the intended manner

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I didn't even feel bad.

No, in fact, I felt like I had just overcome that challenge in the intended manner

Everyone will do that :p

At least, that's what I will do now because we have a different tv.

Minamu

In the major city, a child has a star above the head, am I supposed to draw it? Tried twice but it didn't catch on.

Animekatt

Man, I remember doing those blockheads with the Wii controller. Imagine trying to get the dots precisely right with how wonky the controls were, while trying to remember the placement of the dots in the correct order... I almost lost my tv a couple of times.

During combat there is the wolf icon in the lower-left of the screen that is green, yellow or red. What does that mean? I assumed health, but doesn't seem to correlate.

Gorgeous game.

Mesoian

During combat there is the wolf icon in the lower-left of the screen that is green, yellow or red. What does that mean? I assumed health, but doesn't seem to correlate.

Gorgeous game.

Godhood. How many free hits you get before you take damage. It can be recharged through items or successive combos.

Yeah I know, I must be drawing it wrong, not connecting the dots or something.
For stars, you start from the bottom, and just draw it as you normally would. MR. Chic will eventually say harvesting has happened to notify you that you are correct.

Gorgeous game.
That is godhood. The more combos you do without taking damage, the number of barriers on you increases. The barriers make you invincible for one attack. When youre red its one, when youre yellow its 2 and when youre green its 3. Green is the max.

That is godhood. The more combos you do without taking damage, the number of barriers on you increases. The barriers make you invincible for one attack. When youre red its one, when youre yellow its 2 and when youre green its 3. Green is the max.

Interesting. So is it essentially just like extra hit-points then? Or do some enemy attacks take off more than one hp? I'm only a couple hours in now, but I think I have yet to see any of my hp (the sun icons) taken away, so I'm not really sure how the mechanics of it works.

Miutsu

My first time playing the game and after reading some opinions on the move controller, I just wanted to add mine:

Move controller works wonderfully for painting and I wouldn't see myself going back to ds3 after using the move for it, downsides are mandatory callibration on each game startup and bad camera controls but I'm willing to sacrifice that for speed in paintings, specially in battle.

Aside from that, for now I have seen very little waggle so I have been very pleased overall.

Game looks gorgeous and its so fun :D love it!

Boss Doggie

Interesting. So is it essentially just like extra hit-points then? Or do some enemy attacks take off more than one hp? I'm only a couple hours in now, but I think I have yet to see any of my hp (the sun icons) taken away, so I'm not really sure how the mechanics of it works.

Free single hit barrier (up to 3 hits with max godhood).

Notice towards the end of a battle you get Time and Damage? If you get struck but you have a barrier (via godhood), your Damage score won't go down.

Yeah I know, I must be drawing it wrong, not connecting the dots or something.

Yeah the game is finnicky on the star and the next one (
heart
). Try and try until the clothes designer say "something will happen". The game is pretty lenient on the
Viewtiful
sign,
Clover
sign and
"Ten"
sign though.

Am I missing something with regards to the power slash technique? All the other powers I've gotten so far work no problem, but I almost never manage to get the power slash to work. When I was trying to fish it took forever. I'd draw a line through the fish and nothing happened. Usually took me at least ten tries per fish to catch it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong exactly.

the chris

I didn't even feel bad.

Same, I regretted never beating Blockhead Grande when the game first came out and finally broke down after six years.

StuBurns

Banned
Am I missing something with regards to the power slash technique? All the other powers I've gotten so far work no problem, but I almost never manage to get the power slash to work. When I was trying to fish it took forever. I'd draw a line through the fish and nothing happened. Usually took me at least ten tries per fish to catch it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong exactly.
You're doing it horizontal right? It's not just a straight line, it should be horizontal.

FINALBOSS

Banned
This is my first time ever playing the game and I'm fucking loving it. Such a great game.

I'm 27 hours in (tons of going AFK to fart around) and at the Imperial Palace area. Amazing fun.

Ravidrath

Is there some secret to getting certain fish, besides the Day/Night thing that the Wikis aren't mentioning?

I'm having an impossible time getting my last 3 fish, and it's irksome that this seems to just be bad luck. They're all medium fish.

Edit: And of course as soon as I complain, I get all three in rapid succession. Thanks, GAF!

Boss Doggie

He'd be funny in smaller doses. But the little fella likes to talk and talk. One thing I'll say in his favor is that I was always annoyed that you couldn't really make out what he looked like from his silhouette, but obviously that pays off.

third act will make you feel for Issun

Issun is the best character in the game. He takes the annoying sidekick schtick but runs with it and actually grows up as the journey comes to a head.

Issun is okay in the first act.

Issun is annoying as hell and makes me want to kill him every time he talks in the second act.

Spoilers for the entirety of act 2:
Oh, yes, why not just threaten everyone you meet and accuse them of being demons, why the fuck not? (of course if he accuses everybody, he'll be right about one of them... ugh) Also, if that wasn't stupid enough, the Queen Dragonian only had to explain how the dragon orb worked like, three fucking times, and Issun STILL DIDN'T GET IT, until she transformed into the water dragon herself.

Issun makes me cry in the third act.

edit: Also, I just fucking wasted like, an hour and a half of my time running around Ryoshima Coast looking for stray bead #44. AUGH

Kyon

Banned
Feels good having the bead necklace on. Now all I have to worry about is the bestiary, treasure tome, and fish tome trophies.

Seriously there are more missable enemies than the
fire doom mirror. Like a few of the clay enemies in the 100 year past Spirit Gate Shinshu Field.

Top Bottom