• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

StuBurns

Banned
Wasn't Beyond Good and Evil like £6.50 or something? And the PoP and SC Collections were like £20 for three games.

£16 seems very pricey to me.
I'm not sure, but the two GoW HD Collections, and Ico + SotC, retailed for $40, all of which included two games, so $20 a game, as is this one.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wasn't Beyond Good and Evil like £6.50 or something? And the PoP and SC Collections were like £20 for three games.

BG&E = 13 hr game = $9.99
Okami = 45 hr game = $20.00

I'd say it's worth it. Not to mention the amount of content.

jcm

The downside of PS Plus is that I now feel like I should wait for PSN games to go on sale. I wonder how long it will be? I've got quite a backlog, so I really am not in a hurry, and yet I really want to get into this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Still not up yet? come on, the fuck are they doing...

PRESS THE BUTTON SONY!

Het_Nkik

Anybody who has played the Wii version (and didn't have problems with drawing) plan on using Move with this version? I'd like to hear how drawing compares between the two versions.

If it's good I might buy a Move just for this game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sorry if it's been asked but is there any disc version of this game with an English option?

Yeah, but they were lazy barebones ports that didn't run at 1080p and had problems ranging from the controls to the visuals. Besides, BG&E only takes about 4-5 hours to 100% complete - Okami is about 10 times that.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
OKAMI HD IS ALMOST UPON US. ARE YOU READY GAF?

iLLKP9Tk5RvVx.gif

ctrl-f on 3 pages, no indication of option to turn off the voice FX.
I'm guessing no, but I'd drop the $20 instantly if it was in there.
Can someone check once they buy/download it? I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Ugh. Sony really needs to come up with a consistent update time for the PS Store. Because "LOL o'clock" every Tuesday isn't working.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hope it's cool to pimp our review, Sean rang me at one point saying he was in love and he thinks this HD version may be better than any recent Zelda.

Hope it doesn't slip through the cracks this time. Score is a 10/10, btw :)

http://www.godisageek.com/2012/10/okami-hd-review/

from the comments section:
Sean Smith

Hey dude. Not at home to check but was less than 4g I believe. Can update you this evening >_< Seany

Firman Triansyah

how big is the file size?cant wait to download it tomorrow (^_^)

Animekatt

So when there's nothing I want to purchase from the PSN store, it gets updated early. Twice in a row I was looking forward to buying something, it is late. WHHHHYYYYY.

I plan on buying the digital version today, and then the Asian version sometime this year. I have to have it on disc, but I want to play it as soon as possible. Would probably take 3 weeks to import like it did for New Little King's Story. Can go for two platinum trophies for this beauty!

Dantis

Yeah, but they were lazy barebones ports that didn't run at 1080p and had problems ranging from the controls to the visuals.

Wut.

The difference between running at 720p and 1080p will take no effort whatsoever.

How is the Okami port any less barebones than those other games?

Bucca

DOWNLOADING NOW.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH.

p5Tfn.gif

Wut.

The difference between running at 720p and 1080p will take no effort whatsoever.

How is the Okami port any less barebones than those other games?

Of course it takes effort, 1080p isn't just some tick box that the developers decide to check if they feel like it - otherwise why the hell wouldn't every game on the market be 1080p? To run the game at a higher resolution it has to be better optimised for the console, which in turn requires more resources to be put into the project.

Ubisoft spent virtually nothing on their "HD" ports which is why they have missing visual effects (PoP), messed up audio (PoP) and camera control that hasn't be optimised for controllers (BG&E and SC). Okami HD might not have a whole load of extras, but letting you skip through text, choose the strength of the paper filter, reinstating the cut credits sequence, Playstation Move support and of course running the game at 1080p are all welcome tweaks that show a lot more care was taken with the port.

Bucca

Man, download times on PSN are abysmal right now. Only at 9%.

;_;

o3Rs3.gif

Tigel

I'm more hyped for this than Assassin's Creed 3... And it's not like I didn't play the PS2 version either. What's wrong with me?

Top Bottom