• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

Requeim

Oh wow is it really true that the asian disc version is in english? If so, there might be hope that i can get to play this.

What do you guys consider slow for psn? Mine is going at about 2 mb/sec. Is that slow?

No, that isn't slow. That is my usual speed.

This particular download is going much slower than that, however. Like about 500kb/s

edit: annnnd the speed just picked up into "WHOA THAT'S FAST" territory. Like 3 mb/s wow

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Actually, I wonder if the Asian version of the game is like the RE4 and CVX compilation where it's basically just the downloadable version, on a disc.

Zoc

Why are game review sites all so useless?

I've been going through a bunch of review for this game, and they all babble on and on about the story, the characters, music, etc (things that haven't changed at all since the game was first reviewed on PS2 seven years ago). I skip over all that looking for an evaluation of what's actually changed in this version: the technical details.

Is it really 1080p?
What kind of AA, and how much?
AF?
Pop-in? (actually, IGN mentioned this was bad)
Tearing?
Examples of the different paper filter settings?
Effects missing from Wii version restored?

Can't find answers in any of these childishly-written reviews.

I've been going through a bunch of review for this game, and they all babble on and on about the story, the characters, music, etc (things that haven't changed at all since the game was first reviewed on PS2 seven years ago). I skip over all that looking for an evaluation of what's actually changed in this version: the technical details.

Is it really 1080p?
AF?
Tearing?

I'm with you; but again, all I really want to know is if they added an option to disable the wonky voice FX without disabling all sound FX. :|

rapid32.5

I'm with you; but again, all I really want to know is if they added an option to disable the wonky voice FX without disabling all sound FX. :|

there are two options to 1) disable background music 2) special effects with voice. I never played Okami, hope this helps.
yeah, third option for voice only is missing.

neoism

i understand why psn is free.. this shit is slow as fuck been stuck at 94% for 55 fucking minutes... -_____________________-

there are two options to 1) disable background music 2) special effects with voice. I never played Okami, hope this helps.
yeah, third option for voice only is missing.

You'd think with a somewhat sustained argument over the years between "like them/hate them" that it's something they'd have considered for this remaster. But I guess not. I liked the original game, with my main complaints being the length (a little too long) and the voices. Oh well, I guess it's a no-buy for me then.

Thanks again!

inner-G

Banned
You'd think with a somewhat sustained argument over the years between "like them/hate them" that it's something they'd have considered for this remaster. But I guess not. I liked the original game, with my main complaints being the length (a little too long) and the voices. Oh well, I guess it's a no-buy for me then.

Thanks again!
Ideally you would be able to mute them, yes.

However, being able to skip the text will help that a lot, and it is hardly a big enough reason to pass on such a great game.

Is it really 1080p?
AF?
Tearing?

You're 100% right.

Ms. Tea

Is it really 1080p?
AF?
Tearing?

Was just thinking the same thing. I own and LOVE the game on PS2, so what's really key for me is finding out how the HD port holds up technically. Bizarre I can't find out details.

Just decided to buy this to fill up my $100 on psn. I realized I've never played okami before and know nothing about it other than a lot of people like it. Ha, guess it was worth missing on ps2 to be able to play this version.

Ms. Tea

"Yes, there is a parchment filter option, with different levels of how heavy you want it, if you want it at all."

Gamefaqs

Yeah, I've known that for awhile. I'm interested in an analysis of how it actually looks and how it compares to the PS2 version. Does it look good? Are there any gotchas? Is there a setting that looks exactly like the PS2 version?

instantly sucked back in :) . this game's the epitome of 'visual feast' (& the soundtrack's just stunning). all praise to capcom for doing this, & doing it right...

the chris

Just as a reminder to Okami newbies: When it comes to the constellations you just need to dot the missing stars not draw the whole thing out.

Aeana

I thought this was supposed to have skippable text?
I can't figure out how to skip any text, and it's just as slow as it ever was.

I caved :(

And by god, this download speed IS atrocious. This is not normal either, these downloads are usually faster, even on PSN

Aeana

Once I got control of Amaterasu (after AGES), and walked around examining stuff and Issun started talking, I was able to skip that text. But story text seems to be a no-skip thing so far.

I have to say, I'm already feeling way better about it now that it's letting me skip Issun's text.

EDIT: However, once I got up to the first constellation, his text commenting on that wasn't skippable. How irritating.

Silvawuff

On this day you are remembered, Clover.

This game is fantastic. If you're on the fence, jump off it and enjoy a truly wonderful experience.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh so the game is partially skippable?

I'll check it out if the Asian version is in English.

Cousteau

I have the Wii version still shrink wrapped from.like 2 years ago.Is the controller really any better in any version? .

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Ok for veterans: is the problem of non-skippable text the slowness of it or or the annoying accompaning voices?

Ms. Tea

I have the Wii version still shrink wrapped from.like 2 years ago.Is the controller really any better in any version? .

The combat was unplayably bad in the Wii version. It made the game a *lot* less fun, even though it's not primarily a game about combat.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Nonskippable text is a slight boner kill.

But god damn does this game look AMAZING in HD. Seriously beautiful. Capcom and HexaDrive did sooooo well on this.

Eusis

What is meant with unskippable? Unable to make the dialogue fastforward to the end of a box, or unable to press a button to skip a scene? I haven't tested the latter, but the former works just fine past the prologue stuff.
NZGamer says the framerate is way higher than the original.. http://nzgamer.com/ps3/reviews/1763/okami-hd.html

Instant purchase for me.
Doesn't seem to be 60 FPS or anything to me, but I guess any dips the original had got stomped out.

neoism

I started the download right at 5pm. It's now almost 10:50, and I'm at 80%... :(

paused the download everytime it hangs... psn is a motherfucker when it comes to downloading stuff... it was on 94% for and hour earlier for me... so annoying

Anson225

i know gamefaq board has mentioned it
but just wondering if theres any other solid confirmation that the disc (asia) version supports english as well? thanks all!

Top Bottom