• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

Animekatt

Managed to finally get the game downloaded around 1am. By then I was too tired to play.... I managed to get the first two celestial powers though before going to bed. Now I'm ready to play all day.

From what I've seen so far, the game is absolutely stunning. I have the filter set to heavy. I don't think it's quite like the filter of the PS2 version, but it's still very noticeable.

Off the top of my head:

-Mind-blowing art style
-Lots of endearing characters and a story with a lot of heart that makes you appreciate life
-Great example of implementing mechanics into the gameworld through story (celestial brush)

allright, I will check it out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hmmm... I wonder if the Japanese version defaults to Japanese, or if it just asks you to choose a language before you start the game. Or maybe the Asian version defaults to English... Questions...

Not very important questions, but questions nonetheless.

I don't think there's any patent related bullshit for the removal of the Demon Fang loading game. I'm pretty sure the loading times in the HD version are simply too short for the "minigame".

Eusis

WTF?
You would think they'd have done it since the PS1 Ridge Racer days.
You mean getting it patented? Or using the mini games? Because the former was around since then, I even remember reading about it in Next Generation around or even before the PS1 hit, and the latter, well, Namco hates us.

Moze

Banned
hmmm digital for £16 or physical for £26?

just to be sure i can 100% play the physical in english? sorry if its been repeated in the thread

ubercheez

Wth? what minigame? Im learning all kinds of stuff Ive never seen in the original lol

On the blank loading screen, hitting X would add a paw print to it. If you mashed X quickly enough to get 30 before the load finished, you'd earn a demon fang. On the loading screen with the trail of paw prints across the bottom, you could time X presses along with each print and earn a demon fang if you hit the timing for the full trail. That one was particularly cool because you could earn multiple fangs during a single loading screen.

Het_Nkik

just to be sure i can 100% play the physical in english? sorry if its been repeated in the thread

Well so far the only sources on this are some random dude from GameFAQs and Capcpom's Japanese Twitter, which are probably both equally unreliable. Waiting for some Gaffers to test it out before I jump in.

Well so far the only sources on this are some random dude from GameFAQs and Capcpom's Japanese Twitter, which are probably both equally unreliable. Waiting for some Gaffers to test it out before I jump in.

Damn! I just ordered a Asian copy from Playasia. I really wanted a Physical Copy. Hopefully it has English Language or i am out of $60.00. :-(

ubercheez

Okay, so according to mao2's translation of Capcom's twitter, every version should include four language options: English, Japanese, German, and French. This includes the NA version, so we can test that.

Can anybody who has downloaded from PSN comment on the language options? If the US version doesn't match that claim, then the Japanese version becomes similarly suspect.

Het_Nkik

Damn! I just ordered a Asian copy from Playasia. I really wanted a Physical Copy. Hopefully it has English Language or i am out of $60.00. :-(

Don't look at it like that; you get to be a bringer of news, a confirmer of... things. A guinea pig, if you will. And isn't that worth $60? No, but really, I really do appreciate you picking up the Asian copy so you can confirm for the rest of us.

Okay, so according to mao2's translation of Capcom's twitter, every version should include four language options: English, Japanese, German, and French. This includes the NA version, so we can test that.

Can anybody who has downloaded from PSN comment on the language options? If the US version doesn't match that claim, then the Japanese version becomes similarly suspect.

Yeah this sounds right, anybody check the language options yet?

Yaska

Downloading atm, didn't think 20€ was too much. Size is around 6.4 gb for euroversion for anyone interested.

This art style is shattering my head in 1080p. It's hard to believe it's previous gen sometimes. I think it's actually the greatest art style in gaming... like, ever. Big statement for sure, but I looking at this moving painting on my screen (I'd use filter on low), it's not a hard argument to make.

RPGCrazied

Well, I got this for a halloween gift from my mom. I was going to order the asia version, but kinda broke, and don't feel like waiting on an import. Xenoblade import took ages to get to me. I don't like big games as just downloads, but I have to support Okami.

Does this run at 1080p or just 720? Been ages since I played last, will be fun to go through again, except the blockhead guy.

Eusis

This art style is shattering my head in 1080p. It's hard to believe it's previous gen sometimes. I think it's actually the greatest art style in gaming... like, ever. Big statement for sure, but I looking at this moving painting on my screen (I'd use filter on low), it's not a hard argument to make.
It's at least one of the most friendly towards hardware advancement. But this is true of most unrealistic designs: the closer to trying to look realistic they are the quicker and more likely they are to look badly dated. Just look at Wind Waker versus Twilight Princess... then Twilight Princess versus Halo 2.

Though I guess some stylized realism holds well for quite awhile, like Metal Gear or Resident Evil 6.

Aeana

EDGE impressions:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/okami-hd-our-impressions/

I haven't seen the game dip below 30 fps, nor do I know what "3D effect" he's referring to.

The framerate drops in the intro part, particularly when you swim through the ocean you draw after the first constellation, and also after you go into the portal after that and head up into the cave where you get the sword - there's a bit of tearing on the way up.

Raven77

I apologize if this was already assed, will this game be playable on the Vita???

Is there like a list of stuff playable on Vita if you buy it on PSN?

I would literally go buy a Vita on my way home tonight if I knew I could hop on PSN and get Okami HD for it...

Zia

The framerate drops in the intro part, particularly when you swim through the ocean you draw after the first constellation, and also after you go into the portal after that and head up into the cave where you get the sword - there's a bit of tearing on the way up.

Huh. I've put about four hours into the game, and was really surprised to see the lukewarm write-up and technical nitpicks. Granted, I'm not really sensitive to this stuff.

Moze

Banned

would appreciate if anybody could confirm this^

Moze

Banned
I apologize if this was already assed, will this game be playable on the Vita???

Is there like a list of stuff playable on Vita if you buy it on PSN?

I would literally go buy a Vita on my way home tonight if I knew I could hop on PSN and get Okami HD for it...

its a ps3 game so you wont be able to play it on the vita

you might be able to play it with remote play but even that is pretty unlikely

RPGCrazied

The credits are still intact yes? One of the few bummers on the Wii version. It screen tears? I don't remember that in the PS2 or Wii version.

Minamu

Gotta love how the ps3 stopped downloading the game just because I booted dark souls... Three hours of not downloading anything.

Coxy

I just booted the EU download version, no language options, tried on my japanese language account, still in english

I just booted the EU download version, no language options, tried on my japanese language account, still in english

Try switching your PS3 system language to Japanese. A number of PS3 titles (such as Tekken 6 and Sonic Adventure 2) will switch all text to Japanese if that is what your PS3 system language is set to.

Top Bottom