• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

Peggies

Gold Member
You know what guys? You can uncritically self-congratulate yourselves as long as you want. At the end of the day you all cheered when some dude beat up a girl. And that's exactly why Putin and the rest of these asholes laugh at us.

As a woman I didn't mind some random guy with cat ears headphones claiming to be female but I do mind when it comes to shared prisons, showers or professional sport.

The only source is IBA president Umar Kremlev. The same IBA that has been stripped of its rights by the IOC for failing to comply with ethical standards after some pretty severe corruption scandals. When pressed for the test results they changed their tune from chromosome testing to failing to meet testosterone levels. Now the story has changed to some undisclosed third party test they had performed and they don’t want to release the details.

Real compelling evidence there.
Exactly, so far all the evidence points to her being as much of a guy as Amélie Mauresmo.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The only source is IBA president Umar Kremlev. The same IBA that has been stripped of its rights by the IOC for failing to comply with ethical standards after some pretty severe corruption scandals. When pressed for the test results they changed their tune from chromosome testing to failing to meet testosterone levels. Now the story has changed to some undisclosed third party test they had performed and they don’t want to release the details.

Real compelling evidence there.

Good to see some common sense here.

Obligatory:

XRdORPS.jpeg

People have become so obsessed with certain Trans people abusing their power that they see everyone as trans these days lmao.

Last edited:

FireFly

You know what guys? You can uncritically self-congratulate yourselves as long as you want. At the end of the day you all cheered when some dude beat up a girl. And that's exactly why Putin and the rest of these asholes laugh at us.

As a woman I didn't mind some random guy with cat ears headphones claiming to be female but I do mind when it comes to shared prisons, showers or professional sport.
Putin wants the West to destroy itself over pointless culture wars, rather than people actually waiting until all the evidence is available and using their critical judgement. But I get that jumping to conclusions based on feelings rather than facts is much easier.

AfricanKing

What have you seen that tells you she was born a man?

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I hate to say this but... heavyweight Judo is boring as fuck. At least in the gold medal match Teddy did one hell of a throw but every other match is basically 2 giants trying to grapple the Gi, a bunch of shidos, and some more simple arts.

Anyway the genius got a DQ after the match ended with a ippon. The Georgian probably didn't agree with the referees and "kicked" Teddy in the groin in the ne waza.
--

Argentina being Argentina

Well the French and Germans have fought for a long time. And Argentina is full of French hating Germans.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
There are 48 medals being handed out today. So a big day of events. Saturday in August in France.

I’m watching skeet.

Actually
OhK40c6.jpeg

Ulysses 31

There are 48 medals being handed out today. So a big day of events. Saturday in August in France.

I’m watching skeet.

Actually
Do modern phones use AI for pictures these days? Something looks off, especially with the bottom right picture, looks almost like a painting... 👀

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Update on this story: Apparently, Imane Khelif is biologically male.

“The problem was not with the level of Khelif’s testosterone, because that can be adjusted nowadays, but with the result of the gender test, which clearly revealed that the Algerian boxer is biologically male,” Kovács said in an interview with Magyar Nemzet, adding that a total of five boxers had been examined including Khelif by the International Boxing Association, and all of them “were indeed men.”
When you get to people with DSDs it becomes very complicated when we're analyzing fairness. Like someone asked earlier in the thread, should biological women who are intersex be allowed to compete with other biological women?

But those questions aside, I do think it is important to be able to be accurate with what someone's biological sex is. I've seen some debates online if someone with XY chromosomes can be female. The answer to that is no. If you have XY chromosomes you are always genetically male. Some people will say "yes you can" because they have an alternate definition of female/woman. But once you muddy the waters there, then what it means to be a female becomes totally arbitrary. For the sake of scientific accuracy and discussion, I believe we need to hold to the sex binary and it is determined by chromosomes.

Whether or not people support Imane Khelif being able to fight or identifying as a woman or whatever is a whole other discussion entirely.

Last edited:

Gp1

French vs Japan on Judo mixed teams Deathmatch final right now.

A truckload of medals and world champions on the tatami.

Brazil won Bronze.

Last edited:

Embearded

When you get to people with DSDs it becomes very complicated when we're analyzing fairness. Like someone asked earlier in the thread, should biological women who are intersex be allowed to compete with other biological women?

But those questions aside, I do think it is important to be able to be accurate with what someone's biological sex is. I've seen some debates online if someone with XY chromosomes can be female. The answer to that is no. If you have XY chromosomes you are always genetically male. Some people will say "yes you can" because they have an alternate definition of female/woman. But once you muddy the waters there, then what it means to be a female becomes totally arbitrary. For the sake of scientific accuracy and discussion, I believe we need to hold to the sex binary and it is determined by chromosomes.

Whether or not people support Imane Khelif being able to fight or identifying as a woman or whatever is a whole other discussion entirely.
Of course she is not female.
She can identify as whatever she wants, but biological gender is defined by scientific proof only.

SJRB

Gold Member
HBO Max and their shit time schedule stating that the Judo finals start at 20:00 so I wait the entire day and now I tune in and the whole thing is already done.

What the fuck. This happens quite often, they're constantly wrong with their times.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Gotta say peacock has been amazing with their multi-event streams. It's $8 and you can easily cancel once it's over. Best $8 I've ever spent

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Us gold in skeet. I was watching and could not see the skeet. I have shot skeet and it is hard.

silver too

skeet skeet

dude is legend.

Last edited:

Gp1

Judo team finals was so rigged lol

When it went for the Golden Score tie-break, everybody knew that it would be +90 (Teddy Rinner) or 63 kg (Agbégnénou)
They would never let Abe fight again after his first loss in 5 years :)

But overall Judo Mixed teams was one of the coolest sports to watch, way better than individuals.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching boxing right now, this is pretty intense. Very high tempo, these guys are fighting as if their lives depend on it.

Gp1

10 minutes for VAR to confirms the field referee decision without the presence of field referee seeing the video.

After all this, the French player "passed" the ball back to the Brazilian goalkeeper.

Women soccer is a shitshow.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Meme king

I never watched any shooting events ever until now. That guy is awesome. Just has normal earplugs too you can buy at a dollar store.

The rest of the competitors look ridiculous. Giant ear protectors and what's with the Terminator eye gear? Is that shit cheating gear like magnifiers and zoom lenses? wtf?

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

Nowhere in the article proves shes a biological male lmao. Also a "feminist" transphobic far right site? Really my guy? Nice source. "Gender tests", jesus. This is in retaliation due to this and nothing more:

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Nowhere in the article proves shes a biological male lmao. Also a "feminist" transphobic far right site? Really my guy? Nice source. "Gender tests", jesus. This is in retaliation due to this and nothing more:

This is the original source of the news. I don't know either site, but am willing to follow up on the news.

It seems there have been a total of five male boxers in the female series of Tokyo Olympics and subsequent World Championships.

Maybe the truth will eventually be revealed about the Paris Olympics.

Top Bottom