• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees the spoilers*

Oooooooh man. I might consider staying up late to see this, even if it's shitty Pandas.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Guys let's not turn this into the Naruto thread. ;_;

Everybody just go to sleep now. Night night! One Piece in the morning!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
That International Piece color spread is glorious. I wish some of those were the regular character designs for the crew. Even sexy cowgirl Nami is an improvement.

Nightbird

That Clourspread is nice

Is this my Imagination, or are Namis Breast...smaller than before?

Ah, and i'm seriously considering to Avatar the German Zorro hahaha

The fight is finally done!...i think. I waited far too long for that!

Also: That Phrase at the End totally felt like a Gurren Lagann Reference!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So yeah, Doflamingo was scared shitless of Kaido. Look at how tough Doffy was. Now imagine what Kaido is like.

... Gecko Moria thought a subordinate like Oars would have helped him defeat Kaido in the New World. (I'm watching the anime on crunchyroll now and am in the middle part, where oars awakens, nami gets kidnapped, and franky and robin save usopp and chopper). Lol

ffdgh

Is it truly over? Please let this be over. Doffy turned on all the string hax in his arsenal lol.

That DK punch tho...

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Is it truly over? Please let this be over. Doffy turned on all the string hax in his arsenal lol.

That DK punch tho...

Definitely...

The Will of D hints though....

Basically I see it as

Devils vs God's and the Ds came out losing. The chapter hints at it.

Doffy went out scummy to the end. Shame not a second form but that lead up and knock out was awesome and well worth the one week break. Kinda. This chapter really shows Awakening really is a hell of a power up.

Nightbird

So yeah, Doflamingo was scared shitless of Kaido. Look at how tough Doffy was. Now imagine what Kaido is like.

... Gecko Moria thought a subordinate like Oars would have helped him defeat Kaido in the New World. Lol

Holy Shit. Yeah, we are not seeing Kaido anytime soon.

Also Guys i was just reading trough the Page, please stop with the Jojo Spoilers, i'm just catching up on Stardust Crusaders (Season 1, Episode 16 currently), and knowing now that Jojo vs. Dio won't happen for a while got me quite sad

Nocebo

Good chapter. The moment the punch hit Doflamingo could have been drawn a bit more satisfying perhaps. Now it's a small panel in the corner. Though all the buildings and the ground getting destroyed feels appropriately powerful.

I wonder if the D people have something to do with the origin of the devil fruits or some other closer relation to them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Of course Doflamingo has to nerfed all this time... Would have been too easy wouldn't it? LOL We haven't seen shit have we?

No we have not. A mostly dead Whiteboard rocked the shit out of the entirety of the Navy and Donfla is scared shitless of Kaido. There's likely a lot of room between where we are and the power level ceiling.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Disappointing ending... Odd should have just finished the fight when Gear 4 was introduced for the first time. This clash brought nothing new to the table and Luffy defeated him in the most obvious way ever... Urgh.

Hope the next Arc has a more interesting showdown.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No we have not. A mostly dead Whiteboard rocked the shit out of the entirety of the Navy and Donfla is scared shitless of Kaido. There's likely a lot of room between where we are and the power level ceiling.
Difficult to compare... Yonkous aren't inky powerful individual but have very strings teams and fleets. I doubt Dofla was scared shirtless against Kaido alone buy his fleet and in what state Dressora would be if he attacked. We know he has bug ass army of Smile powered up soldiers.

Dofla had no issues facing Top Tier Characters in in OP so far that's why he was pretty chill during the WB Arc as well... Wouldn't fit his Persona to be scared of just a single person.

I don't think the power gap is as big as you think at this point for the individual Top Tiers.

Nibel

Did Luffy vaporize Doffy?
KuGsj.gif

I'm a bit confused....
is the "something new" Rayleigh taught Luffy just Gear 4 + 3? Seems like Luffy would've figured that out on his own.

petran79

Banned
Easy and short battles were necessary at that point. The main cast came off of two years of training, and shouldn't have to struggle that much for the first few islands.

In comparison to the beginning, Luffy didn't face a really strong opponent until Crocodile.

Battle with Aarlong was difficult as well.

But it isnt about the battles as much as for the lack of character development of the main cast.
This was one major aspect that made OP stand out above the other popular shonen.

Metal B

Battle with Aarlong was difficult as well.

But it isnt about the battles as much as for the lack of character development of the main cast.
This was one major aspect that made OP stand out above the other popular shonen.
Not having too much character development saves the main cast from forced development. That's why Oda focus more on side characters and villains. Other long running stories at this point would need to rewrite events or create character development out of nowhere to create interesting developments for there characters. Like a character just reveals to be afraid of heights. Then we spend a whole arc, exploding this point and at the end resolving it. This many times just feels like filler. Which it most the time actually is.

Oda pretty much creates side-stories, which a somehow connected all together and have Luffy and his crew solve the problems. Similar to Batman, the Straw hats become the least interesting part of those stories.

Raonak

Banned
Holy fucking shit Luffy! That was amazing!

Oh man, this is arc is gonna be fucking awesome to marathon through. Probably edges out whitebeard war as my favourite arc.

BatDan

Daaaaamn. They weren't kidding about one attack, that was one hell of a punch.

I don't think Doffy's getting up from that one. I mean, the glasses are off at this point. He is done for.

OMFG that punch. He fucking tore dressrosa in 2 parts lol.

I wonder now if there's some kind of twist as "who is" doflamingo, or it's just shit with his eyes.

BatDan

The cover for Jump itself is the image of Luffy holding the Guinness World Record plaque. It was posted earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom