• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one other person will die in OP and I'm almost positive it'll be Garp at the very very very end to make Luffy go rage HAM and beat whoever the big bad ends up being.

Not Shanks?

Maybe he should throw in Sengoku and wipe out all of the old guard of Roger's era.

i can see your point, although gear third is just inflating his bones, so it's kind of the same?

Luffy has always inflated his bones by biting into his thumb bone. That hasn't changed post-skip, so if he was going to add G3 he would have done that.

I wish but that's not gonna happen. For once I think it's pretty obvious how things are gonna go down. Kyros didn't want Rebecca fighting but Rebecca's probably painfully aware at this point that sometimes you just gotta beat the shit out of somebody or others will die. Her dream is gonna be to become a strong fighter capable of defending her friends, like the Straw Hats and Kyros, and she's gonna join the crew to train under them. I don't see any other outcome for her personally.
Nah, she's not leaving her long lost father anytime soon. Add that to Dressrossa needing the royal family now more than ever. I can see her and Kyros and Riku attending the Reverie later on but that's probably the extent to which she'll continue in the story.

This arc won't have a new nakama imo. I think it's setting up the navy that will back the Law/Luffy alliance until Luffy becomes a Yonko with Barto as their leader. Every single one of the gladiators that have each had their own screentime and personal fights are definitely going to be have a presence in the future, and they'll be on Luffy's side.

I think with all the spheres of influence and Bartolomeo forshadowing that this is pretty obvious.

Luffy has always inflated his bones by biting into his thumb bone. That hasn't changed post-skip, so if he was going to add G3 he would have done that.

ah you're right, so it was just a bigger kong gun

They said the same thing about Ace. :p

But seriously, Law is already being geared up to die one day.

Sabo might be the only surviving brother left.

Sabo is the best one though so it's ok

Nah this will likely happen to Shanks. Garp is a legend and already backed down from the active scene don't see him dying in a fight and Luffy wouldn't go HAM because of that.

Someone killing or heavenly wounding Shanks though...after that King Kong move he just pulled on Dofla you probably don't want to the person on the receiving end. Probably will need that kind of emotional trigger to take out the likes of Blackbeard near the end.

I can totally see Shanks dying and Luffy taking his position as a Yonko

Blackbeard will probably kill Shanks, Luffy takes over, and goes on the attack

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I would prefer Bartolomeo instead of Jimbei - but nothing we can do at this point. Jimbei seems to strong and is already and established Character ...poor Sanji not part of the Monster Trio if Jimbei joins lol. Dude just cant catch a break post time skip....

I can totally see Shanks dying and Luffy taking his position as a Yonko

Blackbeard will probably kill Shanks, Luffy takes over, and goes on the attack

Will be interesting to see if there is a working Yonkou system left after all those fights. If we assume that Big Mom and Kaidou are defeated before we get the Blackbeard Pirates vs. Strawhats clash.

Also i said probably wont be "killed" in a traditional way...dude is way too poplar and important to just get offed. It will be a celebration of character like we had with Whitebeard. Yeah he died during the War...but no one would say he got killed. Sacrificed himself for his Crew.

I would prefer Bartolomeo instead of Jimbei - but nothing we can do at this point. Jimbei seems to strong and is already and established Character ...poor Sanji not part of the Monster Trio if Jinbei joins lol. Dude just cant catch a break post time skip....

I'm hoping sanji will get his time to shine soon. Oda has been building up this monster trio for so many years, i doubt sanji will fall behind the others. I always think back to the CP9 arc and how sanji could barely touch blueno but moments later fight jabra who's like 3 times stronger than blueno. I never understood how that happened.

Grexeno

I'm hoping sanji will get his time to shine soon. Oda has been building up this monster trio for so many years, i doubt sanji will fall behind the others. I always think back to the CP9 arc and how sanji could barely touch blueno but moments later fight jabra who's like 3 times stronger than blueno. I never understood how that happened.
They all got the same "Robin needs us" power-up. Don't think too hard about it.

1K2FZjF.jpg

It begins.

I would prefer Bartolomeo instead of Jimbei - but nothing we can do at this point. Jimbei seems to strong and is already and established Character ...poor Sanji not part of the Monster Trio if Jimbei joins lol. Dude just cant catch a break post time skip....

Will be interesting to see if there is a working Yonkou system left after all those fights. If we assume that Big Mom and Kaidou are defeated before we get the Blackbeard Pirates vs. Strawhats clash.

Also i said probably wont be "killed" in a traditional way...dude is way too poplar and important to just get offed. It will be a celebration of character like we had with Whitebeard. Yeah he died during the War...but no one would say he got killed. Sacrificed himself for his Crew.

i'd prefer barty as an addition over jinbei too, i think his barrier fruit would bring a cool dynamic to the crew

also yeah, thats a good point, if kaido and big mom get taken out the yonko might just dissipate as a system. i also see shanks getting an epic sendoff if he gets killed as well.

im pretty excited for the future of one piece

we probably have at least 10 more years of it lol

Zatoth

I hope the other arena fighters become part of God Usopp's & Luffy's fleet. About time Luffy got some followers like Whitebeard.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It would probably be a bit awkward to party when the entire island has quite literally been razed to the ground. There is nothing left. Dressrosa, now a farming island.

I still think Usopp will be the one to die especially since all his lies have been coming true and the promise to return home to Kaya being his only real lie.

Well, Dressrosa had been poor for ages before Doflamingo landed. They could probably get the Tontatta to help them plant new fields and go back to a simple life. The change back to King Riku would also help foreign relations for defense alliances. So they'll be poor but fine.

I still think Usopp will be the one to die especially since all his lies have been coming true and the promise to return home to Kaya being his only real lie.

There is no way a Straw Hat will die. Ever. If they didn't kill Zoro in Thriller Bark, none of them will die.

It doesn't make sense with the rest of the story with how important the crew is to Luffy and the plot in general.

360pages

Honestly if they are going to add another female character I rather have one with a semi aggressive devil fruit. Like Baby 5 or Perona, not Viola or Rebecca who would probably not do anything.

Honestly if they are going to add another female character I rather have one with a semi aggressive devil fruit. Like Baby 5 or Perona, not Viola or Rebecca who would probably not do anything.

I'd be down to see a girl added to the goofy trio (Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper).

What kind of role would be left in the crew, though? Jimbei is gonna take helmsman. Scientist? Franky kind of already fulfills that role with the Vegapunk stuff.

Also, we need a logia in the crew por favor.

smurfx

get some go again
I don't think it's over. For story purposes, it makes sense for Law to land the last hit.
fujitora will stop him or anybody else from killing doflamingo. remember that he is there to protect doflamingo. he is not an asshole so he will take doflamingo with him so he can "protect" him but really he is taking him away from the island since he knows doflamingo will likely get his warlord status revoked. remember that the world government has no need for warlords who get their asses handed to them. plus if doflamingo really has sensitive information about mariejoa then they will probably want him killed. i would love it if burgess killed doflamingo and took his devil fruit but he will likely end up taking pika's fruit.

I'd be down to see a girl added to the goofy trio (Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper).

What kind of role would be left in the crew, though? Jimbei is gonna take helmsman. Scientist? Franky kind of already fulfills that role with the Vegapunk stuff.

Also, we need a logia in the crew por favor.
jewelery bonney is going to join the crew.

Seriously though that spread of Luffy punching Doflamingo down is some master work. The use of the spider-web to show the point of impact, the building on teach side tipping towards the center, the foreground buildings dipping backward, and the use of civilians all along the bottom. Great stuff.

Kater

Banned
iIq5Uua.jpg

A flying crocodile and a grounded flamingo.
I wonder if Doflamingo will have some arc in which he can somewhat redeem himself like Croc did. Or if he will just die by the hands of Kaidou. Or maybe he vanishes and hides to ride out the storm and comes back way later in the series. Hm

I wish but that's not gonna happen. For once I think it's pretty obvious how things are gonna go down. Kyros didn't want Rebecca fighting but Rebecca's probably painfully aware at this point that sometimes you just gotta beat the shit out of somebody or others will die. Her dream is gonna be to become a strong fighter capable of defending her friends, like the Straw Hats and Kyros, and she's gonna join the crew to train under them. I don't see any other outcome for her personally.

Shit this could happen :C please don't do it Oda.

Viola's powers are useful and could be used in clever ways for a fight. I'd love it if she joins the crew.

I wonder if Doflamingo will have some arc in which he can somewhat redeem himself like Croc did. Or if he will just die by the hands of Kaidou. Or maybe he vanishes and hides to ride out the storm and comes back way later in the series. Hm

I really think this will happen. Doflamingo will come at the final war and join Luffy against the WG (a twist). I can see it (if he doesn't dies at the hands of Kaidou, though. Also, i think we'll get a cover story of him).

Kater

Banned
I really think this will happen. Doflamingo will come at the final war and join Luffy against the WG (a twist). I can see it (if he doesn't dies at the hands of Kaidou, though. Also, i think we'll get a cover story of him).
I mean, since the Marineford War I'm not sure if we can call it a real twist, as in a surprise or something, since when it comes to the OP universe, unexpected things like marines helping the pirates and rivals lending each other a helping hand to defeat a greater enemy is really something that happened a couple times now.

It would make it interesting to see him being more humble, seeing this confrontation with Luffy in this fight change him as a person.

Pimpwerx

King Kong Gun is the greatest. Hopefully it's finally over. If not, let Law land the final blow. But I'm done with DF now.

Also, why didn't everyone hide in the smile factory, which couldn't be cut by the birdcage? PEACE.

ethomaz

Banned
I didn't understand something...

What Rayleigh teached Luffy? Seems like it something not Gear 4 related and Luffy didn't show.

Mortemis

Banned
If there's a god out there, PLEASE don't let Rebecca join the crew. Fuck, I'd rather have sénor baby join than that shitty ass character.

One day VIZ will put out VIZBIG volumes for One Piece they way they have for Dragon Ball. One day.

Or maybe I'll just never own the series.

Probably won't own the series a moment before.

Dugna

I first the punch looked like it shattered the air when I first read the chapter, then I noticed that Doffy has some web like string up before he got smashed.

Dugna

I didn't understand something...

What Rayleigh teached Luffy? Seems like it something not Gear 4 related and Luffy didn't show.

Maybe how to breathe air into things without using your lungs completely or something? Luffy was blowing on this arm before he punched Doffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom