• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If it is in a non related Mangas thread though and not the general thread it's kinda assholish to spoil something.

Here's the rules set:
This thread and main manga thread: Everything's free game (unless it's a spoiler leak the night before)
Anime thread: Anything past the latest episode must be black barred.
Toonami thread: Anything past that point. The latest episode just had Luffy go Gear Third (or Third Gear) on Lucci. That is a lot to avoid spoiling. Though some stuff is just common knowledge thanks to time, like Franky joining the crew (also, that realization it's been almost nine years since Franky joined).
Other threads: Try to be considerate. Stuff like the Straw Hats and the time skip tend to be fair game as they're everywhere but don't scream that Sabo is alive or certain events in Dressrossa.

Source: MAH ASS!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Here's the rules set:
This thread and main manga thread: Everything's free game (unless it's a spoiler leak the night before)
Anime thread: Anything past the latest episode must be black barred.
Toonami thread: Anything past that point. The latest episode just had Luffy go Gear Third (or Third Gear) on Lucci. That is a lot to avoid spoiling. Though some stuff is just common knowledge thanks to time, like Franky joining the crew (also, that realization it's been almost nine years since Franky joined).
Other threads: Try to be considerate. Stuff like the Straw Hats and the time skip tend to be fair game as they're everywhere but don't scream that Sabo is alive or certain events in Dressrossa.

Source: MAH ASS!
These seem to be the rules most anime/manga threads follow. Your ass would appear to be a credible source.

So it's a mystery rule!

tumblr_mobcudJbG21rl802wo3_500.gif

Please god let this arc end in the next 3 weeks. Just let. It. End.

The arc needs to end in a satisfactory way that doesn't leave loose ends or unresolved plotlines.

Sabo beats up Burgess, he steals a relatively inconsequential fruit as a trade-off (doubt it's Doflas) the Marines take Dofla into custody "Oh gee I'd stay and arrest you but you know I just ran out of room on my ship, funny how that works" they leave, short party, Luffy & Co go after the Sunny and get on Jimbei's magical Sea King ship to chase it.

I think that's easy enough right? Like you can fit that into a few chapters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sabo beats up Burgess, he steals a relatively inconsequential fruit as a trade-off (doubt it's Doflas) the Marines take Dofla into custody "Oh gee I'd stay and arrest you but you know I just ran out of room on my ship, funny how that works" they leave, short party, Luffy & Co go after the Sunny and get on Jimbei's magical Sea King ship to chase it.

I think that's easy enough right? Like you can fit that into a few chapters.

Or we could have a quick one chapter wrap up and switch straight to the Sunny and the rest of the crew's perspective.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holy shit that would be AWFUL.

That's true, I imagine the wrap up will take a few chapters but I wouldn't be adverse to jumping to Sanji and the rest of the crew's fight against Big Mom after the wrap up.

Burgess could steal Viola's fruit and give it to Van Augur.

Usopp would face the best sniper ever.

Why would Usopp fight Sniper King though? I thought that they were friends.

jbug617

Banned
I'm just wondering when Oda is going to go back to Sanji and the rest of the crew. Hopefully not next week because we need to see what happened to Doffy.

That's true, I imagine the wrap up will take a few chapters but I wouldn't be adverse to jumping to Sanji and the rest of the crew's fight against Big Mom after the wrap up.

Why would Usopp fight Sniper King though? I thought that they were friends.

Well, Sogeking is actually one of Usopp's lies. Maybe the guy exists out there...

Plot twist: is Van augur.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We'll probably learn later that there are historical/traditions for why the Celestial Dragons punish people with 16 bullets or 1000 arrows. Damn crazy world building!

Or it's already an obscure Japanese reference!

1000 arrows reminds me of this scene in a Kurosawa movie, but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

EDIT: THRONE OF BLOOD! That scene where the guy is just overwhelmed by arrows. They shoot like a bajillion arrows at him from every direction and he just can't escape no matter how he tries. That shit was REAL.

EDIT2: That might not be it though. It does remind me a bit of Doffy's attack though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I took a trip to a nearby library, found a bunch of manga, including quite a bit of One Piece.
I saw Volume 3 and thought "Is this an old print or new..."
It's old, I saw Zoro's name as Zoro.

Proof:

Despite Viz's denial (and some others), he was once Zoro at one point.

Dugna

I will kinda admit something, when I first saw pics of one piece and heard Zoro I thought it meant Mihawk...like that was his name of something. Before One Piece hearing Zoro just made me think of Spanish things and Bandares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom