• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Luffy and Bellamy was also a highlight with a great call back.

I think Luffy and Doffy fight was pretty good. You had Luffy and Law arguing with each other while fighting Doffy, Gear 4, Doffy rising up again and Luffy with King Kong Gun.

Spoilers are out seem to be mostly a reactions chapter which is what i expect .

Also i like don vs luffy fight much more than others.
CQC was nice , some panels were great and seeing luffy hit him for one side of the island to other was nice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know this is reducing one piece to almost meme levels, but I honestly want to know since I'm so behind

New crew member yet?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I will kinda admit something, when I first saw pics of one piece and heard Zoro I thought it meant Mihawk...like that was his name of something. Before One Piece hearing Zoro just made me think of Spanish things and Bandares
I was the same way.

There is only 1 Zoro now. Sorry, Zorro. It's been nice.

And then there was anarchy.

Nah, I kid I kid, it's a manga so they'll work together to rebuild everything.

I'm really tempted to re-read the whole arc now.

Toxi

Banned
iIq5Uua.jpg

A flying crocodile and a grounded flamingo.
Kinda amazing the difference in scale between the two.

RagnarokX

iIq5Uua.jpg

A flying crocodile and a grounded flamingo.
It's funny how similar Crocodile and Doffy are. Both planned to take control of a kingdom by pretending to be heroes. They both manipulated the citizens of the kingdoms to fight each other and famed the current king. Luffy beat Croc by punching him from an underground chamber through bedrock into the sky. Luffy beat Doffy by punching him down from the sky through bedrock into an underground chamber.

that was just about the least exciting chapter this chapter could possibly have been. shit was paced like an episode of the anime.

oh well

at least it's finally over

Nibel

I mean yeah, this was basically the epilogue chapter, but seeing them all happy and relieved was great. I'm okay with this one.

qazqaNii

Wow this chapter... Such disappoint, maybe have cheering for 4-5 pages. Felt like a manga-filler tbh, glad this arc is over. Now give us Jinbe and that barrier guy as new nakama and we set out to rescue Sanji & co while angering Big Mom even more.

Kater

Banned
Kyros letting out all all his tears that he held back for so long. Good. :)

Can't wait to see Sanji and the others again now. It's been some time.

Syntsui

It's funny how similar Crocodile and Doffy are. Both planned to take control of a kingdom by pretending to be heroes. They both manipulated the citizens of the kingdoms to fight each other and famed the current king. Luffy beat Croc by punching him from an underground chamber through bedrock into the sky. Luffy beat Doffy by punching him down from the sky through bedrock into an underground chamber.

I wonder if Doffy will redeem hilself like Crocodile, who Luffy owes his life to.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyros finally getting to cry was the highlight. All those years of anguish as a toy, he gets to let it all out.
I imagine next couple chapters will be wrapping up various loose ends.

I wish but that's not gonna happen. For once I think it's pretty obvious how things are gonna go down. Kyros didn't want Rebecca fighting but Rebecca's probably painfully aware at this point that sometimes you just gotta beat the shit out of somebody or others will die. Her dream is gonna be to become a strong fighter capable of defending her friends, like the Straw Hats and Kyros, and she's gonna join the crew to train under them. I don't see any other outcome for her personally.

Good god no.
Doesn't even have a cool fighting style I can think of. Her dodging doesn't count

She may decide to learn to fight in the future, and I could totally see her becoming a professional coliseum fighter

Kinda got teary eyed meself. Technically, it'd be a draw since both got knocked out. Also, aint no way there's gonna be a party after all this chaos.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Rebeccas tears surely have to be tasty.

Luffy Bounty: 600.000.000 !

Not as tasty as Rebecca's haters getting pissed that she didn't die. Why would she, this is One Piece, very few named characters die. Hell, I don't see Doffy dying.

This chapter will be fucking infuriating to watch in the anime.

Maybe they could make it an Enies Lobby crazy party

That one was fun to watch, as was the Arlong Park arc's party

Besides, at that point they'll be close to the next filler arc, and hopefully by that point they can normalize the pacing a little

Lunar15

Maybe I'm misremembering because I marathoned most of the manga, but I feel like in the past, a villian's defeat and people freaking out about the victory would be in the same chapter. Either way, devoting one whole chapter to declaring luffy the victor seems egregious.

Then again, that's this whole arc in a nutshell.

I'm not particularly upset, but I'd agree that Luffy vs. Doflamingo was a bit of a disappointment compared to past fights. Either Luffy or Doflamingo other always had the upper hand immediately, whereas the best fights in the past had luffy constantly outsmarting or withstanding attacks on a fairly even balance. In this, it was either Doflamingo who felt overpowered or Luffy.

What's funny is that the fight kind of played out like a mix of Lucci and Crocodile, but didn't really feel as effective as either of them. Still, there were things I liked, and Doflamingo remains a memorable villain, better than most in my opinion.

I liked this chapter too. Go Luffy!

Nice to see everyone's happy reactions.

Kyros ;-;

BUT WHERE WAS SABO ODA????????????????

think they'll go back to the Sunny next chapter?

We're really close to chapter 800 too, I bet that will be a cool chapter.

Also why didn't Luffy just use the King Kong Gun when he first went into Gear 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom