• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

huh, so that's what happened to sabo. never even thought about that. good explanation though, wonder what dragon said when he confronted him about his brothers

I don't think spoiler marks are necessary, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

(Latest chapter thoughts)

Nice chapter, really enjoyable. Didn't expect Oda to pull the amnesia card. I've never liked it, and not like this since it kind of came out of nowhere, but I understand Oda didn't want people to think Sabo voluntarily didn't come to the war.

So sad how these characters always run away before even having the chance to talk a bit more to Luffy. I'm sure they would've had many things to talk about; not only about their adventures but also about Dragon and his cause.

Lastly, what happens on the bottom of the last page? I can't tell if it's Sabo or someone else who brought out those birds, but it looks like it's someone else (and he's not schizophrenic). It looks like it's a zoan, but one that can summon other birds. Koala?

Also what happened to Burgess? Did that get covered?

rouken

i think it's the birds, maybe someone from the revolutionary army that has a bird changing fruit for easy transportation of members

Kater

Banned
Very heartwarming chapter this time.

"The same thing Ace said to us".

Omg, Oda, don't kill Sabo.

Don't you dare. ;_;

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nice chapter.
Good to get some info on Sabo.

It sounds like Ace & Sabo met during his journey. It's likely Sabo told Ace not to tell Luffy, he wanted to surprise him.
Dragon's casual response to being Luffy's father was hilarious.
I'm curious on who has the "flock of birds" Devil Fruit since one of the bird's spoke.

Honestly, I don't mind the hiatus this time. The arc is over and we're in the low key moments.

Nibel

Luffy's mom

jokes aside idk its a mystery

We don't mention *her* so easily around these parts breh, show some respect
ldkdnbxh1sq9.png

Grexeno

Nice chapter.
Good to get some info on Sabo.

It sounds like Ace & Sabo met during his journey. It's likely Sabo told Ace not to tell Luffy, he wanted to surprise him.
Dragon's casual response to being Luffy's father was hilarious.
I'm curious on who has the "flock of birds" Devil Fruit since one of the bird's spoke.

Honestly, I don't mind the hiatus this time. The arc is over and we're in the low key moments.

Don't you mean Robin & Sabo?

I thought it was a Vivre card of Luffy, tbh. :O
Loved the chapter, luffy and sabo's reactions were really special, and authentic.

And wtf with the last panels, a paramecia?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought so too at first, but then I realized that he might've meant that Ace filled him in through his death. It looked like Ace's death gave Sabo his memories back.

Hmmm....
*looks over the chapter again* Oooh okay I can see it now.

Lunar15

If this was Jojo, that power would be "Flock of Seagulls"

I didn't hate the chapter, but flashbacks to things that we've kind of already seen aren't the most compelling thing. Also "I had amnesia" is kind of a lame cop-out for not saving Ace, but at least he addressed it. Definitely enjoyed the crew's reactions to Sabo.

If this was Jojo, that power would be "Flock of Seagulls"

I didn't hate the chapter, but flashbacks to things that we've kind of already seen aren't the most compelling thing. Also "I had amnesia" is kind of a lame cop-out for not saving Ace, but at least he addressed it. Definitely enjoyed the crew's reactions to Sabo.

I think it was enjoyable, mostly for his interaction with luffy in the colosseum. That was a touching moment.

Also, i'm kinda buying now that dragon has a Wind Logia. The weather and storms could be an awakening, and he actually took sabo out of the sea, so that means he has a way of standing above the surface/fly. It makes sense.

though a dragon mythical zoan would be a lot more cool

klaushm

Could I call this chap "The flashback we deserve"?

It was nice, fun and emotional.
Very very very cliche, and I didn't even minded.

Spoiler alert, see the chap first:
Also, would be awesome if the birds summoned were from Pell.

Lunar15

Yeah, it was all flashbacks to parts we hadn't seen, but they were all things that were essentially implied. Oda, of course, brings the emotions.

Sabo's still a little weird to me. He kinda sticks out a bit. I never saw him as all that close to Luffy, and he just seems like Ace 2: This Time It's Top Hat.

I think my favorite part of the chapter was when Dragon responded to people finding out that Luffy was his son with "Hm? Oh yeah." That family, I swear.

The "I got to see his face"... Was Sabo talking about luffy? i'm confused with the last time he says it.

Yeah.

Also on the topic of the birds it really could be anything. Some weird form of awakened zoan, a paramecia, some other power or maybe another species entirely (like fishmen, but for birds).

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Nah, it's Sabo's. He said he made it and took the smaller piece.
No, its definitely Luffy's vivre card. Sabo just madr it for him so he could find Luffy in the future. If it was Sabo's, he wouldn't have given Luffy the bigger piece. Also it doesn't make sense for a Revolutionary to make their own vivre card since it would make it easier to track them down.

Also the card serves a plot purpose since Luffy can now give a piece to each of his allies so that they can meet up for the Kaido arc.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Guys, it IS a vivre card of Luffy. Saying "I went ahead and made one," Zoro saying "when'd you get the time to," neither of those make any kind of sense if it was just Sabo's card. It also makes no sense to take a little piece for himself and leave the full sheet with Zoro.

[Edit] I should refresh pages before I post!!!!! But yes, that.

Lunar15

No, its definitely Luffy's vivre card. Sabo just madr it for him so he could find Luffy in the future. If it was Sabo's, he wouldn't have given Luffy the bigger piece. Also it doesn't make sense for a Revolutionary to make their own vivre card since it would make it easier to track them down.

Also the card serves a plot purpose since Luffy can now give a piece to each of his allies so that they can meet up for the Kaido arc.

Yeah, I surmised the same thing about the paper. He can have an alliance now.

Sabo being amnesiac for all those years gives a reasonable explanation for him not going after Ace. I do wonder how the collapse of Dressrosa is gonna affect the Revolutionaries, and if we're gonna see a CP0 and Sabo fight.

Also, the vivre card is the most obvious foreshadowing object in One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom