• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Spoiler picture is out (at the usual place)

Sengoku and Tsuru arrive at Dressrosa. Seems retirement has turned Sengoku into Garp as he's wearing shorts and eating crackers.

Kornflayx

It also says that it's 3 days after the defeat of Doflamingo, so the Big Mom's tea party should've happened by now. And the Twirly Hat plot is going on separately. This is really weird.

It also says that it's 3 days after the defeat of Doflamingo, so the Big Mom's tea party should've happened by now. And the Twirly Hat plot is going on separately. This is really weird.

I won't say it weird , it like water seven \enies lobby but instead of the SH taking hours to meet up it going to take days .

So how do you guys think the final showdowns of the series are going to play out? I've been thinking about it lately and I feel like that recent chapter with Akainu and the elder stars changed my perception of things.

I've imagined the endgame going down something like this: Blackbeard would be the penultimate "boss" of the series, Luffy's last opponent before becoming the Pirate King, and he'd end up being defeated either on or before Raftel. Then Luffy finding One Piece would trigger the gigantic war Whitebeard talked about, and that would be the final battle of the series, with Akanu as the government's top representative and "final boss" of the series. (A lot of people feel like Blackbeard will be the final opponent, and I do think he's a more interesting foil for Luffy than Akainu, but I can't imagine him still being a major player after Luffy has become the Pirate King.)

But that chapter a few weeks ago makes me wonder. There's obviously major friction between Akainu and the leaders of the government, and I don't see the payoff of that just being Akainu acting as a loyal government agent in the final battle. There is the possibility that the Navy could usurp the World Government's power by the end, but I think the government has too many unsolved mysteries behind it to be taken out before the final battle, and they seem like a more outright villainous force than the Navy. At the same time, I'm at a loss as to where Akainu could end up if he's not a central opponent in the final battle of the series, since he really feels like endgame material. Maybe dipping too far into fanfiction material here but I almost imagine him going renegade and going after the Strawhats near the end of the series, being taken out, and having his fleet admiral position taken by Kizaru (who seems to be very loyal to the Celestial Dragons) for the final battle. And then maybe Kizaru could end up as the ultimate opponent for Zoro or something, while the final enemy of the series is some higher power tied to the Celestial Dragons (maybe an ancient weapon they might possess in Mariejois?) I dunno. I think it's fun to think about, anyway.

Personally, my thoughts for the final showdown hasn't changed in years. Either Blackbeard or The World Government/Celestial Dragons will be the final enemy. I don't think Akainu will be the last enemy; I don't think any marine will be, but maybe someone we've not seen in combat yet from The World Government. It could be an all-out war with tons of pirates and marines, but for Luffy, again, I think it'll be Blackbeard or someone from TWG who will be there at the end. Smoker has been a rival to Luffy throughout the series so I imagine he'll be in the final arc too; not sure if it'll be as an ally or enemy though, to be honest.

Veelk

Banned
QXYog1Y.jpg

Welp, turns out I was right after all. The heart is the only truly vulnerable piece of your anatomy in OP. Because if the brain held any importance whatsoever, Luffy would be dead, or atleast have massive brain damage since it looks like it'd have struck his occipital and parietal lobes.

Someone want to tell me again how impressive Kaido falling to the ground without damage is?

Welp, turns out I was right after all. The heart is the only truly vulnerable piece of your anatomy in OP. Luffy should be dead, or atleast have massive brain damage since it looks like it'd have struck his occipital and parietal lobes.

Someone want to tell me again how impressive Kaido falling to the ground without damage is?

Lol i knew you would get caught up on that :D

Your theory lives on.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I miss the more cartoony style a lot. Seems like every long running shonen manga gets more gritty and angular as time goes by. Oda was able to pull off some crazy angles and exaggerations because of how rubbery all the characters were.

images

From the anime but you get the idea.

Veelk

Banned
Lol i knew you would get caught up on that :D

Your theory lives on.

In the manga, Bell-mère is shot in the head, however, this is edited in the anime, and she was shot in the chest.

Bell-Mere confirmed to be alive.

Edit:

In the manga, Dalton cuts off Wapol's head, and it is quickly sewn back on by the Isshi-20. In the anime, Wapol was simply slashed across the chest.
Okay, seriously, this isn't even a joke now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Death in One Piece is arbitrary.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Veelk

Banned
What I'll like to see is how much do Mugiwara's Crew bounties rise...

I've actually been meaning to ask about this.

Does anyone ever actually bring in the larger bounties? I just wonder what the hell the government would do if someone actually brought in all the Supernovas in pretimeskip. Like, would they actually pay out 2 billion beli for 11 people? I mean, that would HAVE to fuck over their economy, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Considering the ship quotes at Water 7 I've always considered Berri to be yen like so just chop off those last two zeroes. 1 billion berries would be like 10 million US, more or less. A huge sum of money but not enough to seriously endanger the government of the entire world.

Does anyone ever actually bring in the larger bounties? I just wonder what the hell the government would do if someone actually brought in all the Supernovas in pretimeskip. Like, would they actually pay out 2 billion beli for 11 people? I mean, that would HAVE to fuck over their economy, right?

I wonder if Blackbeard got Ace's bounty when he turned him in?

Considering the ship quotes at Water 7 I've always considered Berri to be yen like so just chop off those last two zeroes. 1 billion berries would be like 10 million US, more or less. A huge sum of money but not enough to seriously endanger the government of the entire world.

Probably. And I'd imagine a marine who takes a pirate in can also claim the bounty

SalvaPot

Well, the gold the straw hats took from skipea was worth 300,000, and we have seen pirates easily obtain that kinds of riches a few times, seems to me like the government has far far more money, so it shouldn´t be that much money for a huge entity, but its a lot of money for a person.

Welp, turns out I was right after all. The heart is the only truly vulnerable piece of your anatomy in OP. Because if the brain held any importance whatsoever, Luffy would be dead, or atleast have massive brain damage since it looks like it'd have struck his occipital and parietal lobes.

cFXFKvE.png

Since when does Usopp lie, bud?

jbug617

Banned
Chapter is out on MP but their translations are always shaky.

Fujitora and the Navy are going after Luffy and the crew now after the dice roll. They are all escaping (thanks to the other pirates) except for Luffy. Luffy says he has to settle something.

Also Bellamy is awake and not happy that he alive.

Squishy3

Latest chapter spoilers:

Bellamy is at least temporarily joining the crew, some of the coliseum fighters the Straw Hats helped prepare a ship for them to escape, unclear if any of them will be joining them aside from Bellamy and Bartolomeo. Navy's storming the cabin, but Luffy walks out while the rest are running because he wants to say goodbye to Rebecca before leaving. Kyros might be joining too though because he spread the story that Rebecca's the daughter of Scarlet and an unnamed prince because of his dark past. At the very least I think he's leaving Dressrosa.

Kornflayx

If Bellamy joins the crew I will quit this manga. Shitty "I just want to die" emo kid, go join Law and be emo together -_-

Squishy3

Yeah Rebecca's not joining. Luffy's going to go say goodbye.

chances are also high he'll shout out to everyone he's going to be the pirate king

I could actually understand this chapter, lol

...anyone else notice
how chipper Sengoku was? It's like he's Garp or something

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
There's no way Rebecca will play along with this princess thing like Vivi did. Her dream is to be with Kyros so she's obviously gonna give up the royal life so she can call out Kyros's bullshit with Luffy's help. But it remains to be seen whether they stay in Dressrosa or join Luffy's alliance temporarily.

smurfx

get some go again
i think luffy is going to yell out that kyros is rebecca's father as he didn't seem to like what he was doing.

Bellamy can join Law's crew. I hope that Barto and Cabbage join the alliance as captains. Cabbage has grown on me over the many many years that the Dressrosa arc ran.

Plot twist Luffy asks Fujitora to be his nakama because he thinks that blind gamblers are funny. Fujitora rolls a dice then joins. Last panel after leaving will be the Bull Ucy crying because Luffy left and didn't say goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom