• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The other secret admiral was name dropped on chapter 713... Just show him already Oda
Akainu and Kizaru were name dropped way before we saw them, too.

smurfx

get some go again
The other secret admiral was name dropped on chapter 713... Just show him already Oda
he usually makes a pretty big entrance for them so i doubt he will show up anytime soon. fujitora is likely going to be the one involved with luffy and his group. maybe the other admiral will go after kidd.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Personally I can't wait for the reveal of that final shichibukai.

SBS_Volume_68_New_Shichibukai.png

GOD USOPP pulling double duty.

Squishy3

This is probably my favorite SBS quote.

D: Odacchi, hello! I totally just decided to randomly read Luffy's palms without permission or being asked to!

And so guess what I found out!!

Turns out he has THE CONQUERER'S PALM, aka the "MASUKAKE LINE"!!!

Everything I looked up about his palm lines are literally straight up Luffy's personality! Now his Haoshoku Haki makes sense too! That's our Odacchi!!

To think that you even went as far as taking his palm lines into account when developing him as a character... absolutely incredible!!! P.N. tauteniKimi

O: ...... ...... w... WELL OBVIOUSLY? (sweats profusely)

That's right, I always take care to take even a character's p... p... palm lines into account when I design them. You see, I thought this just had to be the line that best suited Luffy! mosu... Masukake Line!? You're absolutely correct, I'm amazed you even noticed!

I remember that question.

There was supposed to be a scene in Logue Town where Luffy gets his palms read and the fortune teller tells him that he has the line of the Conqueror.
But it didn't make it in, unfortunately.

Korosenai

What if Oda has been setting up Bellamy as a possible crew mate ever since he was first announced. Bellamy never really had a tragic backstory to show because we've been watching it unfold ever since he was first shown. His whole character development over the course of the series has been "tragic".

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Honestly I can't see Bellamy joining the crew. He has a tragic element to his character but he doesn't have the golden heart the other Straw Hats do. He's a cocky bastard when things are going his way.

Lunar15

He'll either join another crew or just sail off like a badass somewhere. I think he MIGHT stick around for the upcoming arc. I mean, why not? Luffy's crew has expanded to include Law, Momonosuke, Kin'emon, Ceasar, and now Kanjuro.

Does anyone here know Japanese and visited this website? http://www2.2ch.net/2ch.html

Supposedly in 2009 while the straw hats were in Saboady talking to Raleigh, someone in the one piece topic someone had posted the crew would be separated before they entered the new world. They would fight Doflamingo once they entered the New World. Ace & Whitebeard would die. One of the admirals would quit. And that Luffy would be reunited with one of his dead brothers. I'm just looking for the legitimacy of this because this guy has also said a few more things that hasn't happened yet.

SolVanderlyn

Does anyone here know Japanese and visited this website? http://www2.2ch.net/2ch.html

Supposedly in 2009 while the straw hats were in Saboady talking to Raleigh, someone in the one piece topic someone had posted the crew would be separated before they entered the new world. They would fight Doflamingo once they entered the New World. Ace & Whitebeard would die. One of the admirals would quit. And that Luffy would be reunited with one of his dead brothers. I'm just looking for the legitimacy of this because this guy has also said a few more things that hasn't happened yet.
It's the cboat of 2chan... I must know more

Apparently also it said Kaido is a suicidal man because he lost his son & he also has a daughter. People were trying to say it was that girl that Sanji & crew met cause she had horns.

Spinx

Apparently also it said Kaido is a suicidal man because he lost his son & he also has a daughter. People were trying to say it was that girl that Sanji & crew met cause she had horns.

Didn't sheepshead also have horns ? Just checked and yes he did. Dumb theory is dumb.

Horns could be a side effect of smiles.

Lol. The things he said that haven't been confirmed is mainly Another Yonko will die, but didn't say who. Blackbeard will be the one to fight the marines and he will win. Then the last that broke my heart was Blackbeard will be the Pirate King.

He'll either join another crew or just sail off like a badass somewhere. I think he MIGHT stick around for the upcoming arc. I mean, why not? Luffy's crew has expanded to include Law, Momonosuke, Kin'emon, Ceasar, and now Kanjuro.

Since Law is sticking around for at least the Kaido battle, due to their alliance (No way he's bailing now), I think it's pretty likely we'll have our current setup.

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol. The things he said that haven't been confirmed is mainly Another Yonko will die, but didn't say who. Blackbeard will be the one to fight the marines and he will win. Then the last that broke my heart was Blackbeard will be the Pirate King.

Man I hope this is wrong

Not sure if joke post, but temporary characters have often stuck around with Luffy's crew; that doesn't mean they're part of it.

We just had an arc that added WAY too many potential temporary side characters, including Don Cinjao (name?) saying he navy is now Luffy's to use. I stand by my idea that Luffy gets some kind of extended SH fleet, even if he doesn't want it.

Lunar15

We just had an arc that added WAY too many potential temporary side characters, including Don Cinjao (name?) saying he navy is now Luffy's to use. I stand by my idea that Luffy gets some kind of extended SH fleet, even if he doesn't want it.

I absolutely think that this arc is setting up Luffy's "Alliance Fleet", but they'll probably absent and autonomous until later chapters.

I mean, he even has his own cheerleader now. Bart will rally the troops when the time comes.

Also, if he has an alliance, he can make good on his promise to protect Fishman Island. This will appease Jinbei and he'll come join the crew.

Oh yeah the other thing he said in 2009 according to the translation was that The Straw Hats in the New World will have the biggest crew. But it didn't mean that Luffy was gonna gather up all the members. Which I think we are seeing happening right now. I don't know how many are in Kaido's army, but looking at all the pirates from dress rosa being in Luffy's alliance along with possibly Whitebeard's crew (his last order was to reunite in the New World) and sadly possibly of even Moria along with Luffy to take down Kaido. It seems Straw Hats & alliance is growing more and more.

I absolutely think that this arc is setting up Luffy's "Alliance Fleet", but they'll probably absent and autonomous until later chapters.

I mean, he even has his own cheerleader now. Bart will rally the troops when the time comes.

Also, if he has an alliance, he can make good on his promise to protect Fishman Island. This will appease Jinbei and he'll come join the crew.

Wow just as I'm typing that lol, coincidence?

Korosenai

I don't want BB to defeat the marines, it should be luffy, with an epic fight vs akainu
Blackbeard has the same dreams and ambitions as Luffy. He's basically an evil Luffy. It makes sense for him to do things that Luffy should be doing, though I will agree that it should actually be Luffy doing it.

Blackbeard has the same dreams and ambitions as Luffy. He's basically an evil Luffy. It makes sense for him to do things that Luffy should be doing, though I will agree that it should actually be Luffy doing it.

Not to mention that he's ahead of luffy in the "advancement scale" to become pirate king.

Lunar15

I don't want BB to defeat the marines, it should be luffy, with an epic fight vs akainu

I don't think anyone "defeats" the marines necessarily. They're not an "evil" force. While Luffy will have to contend with them here and there, I think that Blackbeard taking out a large swath of marines sets up Luffy perfect. I mean, Blackbeard's a still a D, just not the one Roger wanted. He's still set to be a massive thorn in the World Government's side.

Blackbeard's such a fascinating character to me because he's amazingly similar to Luffy. Both understand that "dreams" are the guiding force of the world Oda has set up. However, while Luffy guides others to their dreams, Blackbeard is the exact opposite: he destroys the dreams of others to attain his. Even the way he gathered his crew involved setting up a "survival of the fittest" contest in Impel Down. He is, by all definitions, true chaos.

SolVanderlyn

What if it turns out Luffy has to abandon his dream to fulfill the will of D in order to topple "He who would challenge God?" I can see this being an amazing D. vs. D. twist if true. Blackbeard final villain, usurped Luffy's dream, made him accept his responsibility as a descendent of the ancient kingdom, brings order back the world, gets rid of the great pirate era and becomes something GREATER than the pirate king. It would also solve the most pirates except Luffy/Shanks = evil thing we've seen going on.

But Whitebeard said BB is not the one Roger was waiting for :(
Roger never said he was waiting for the next Pirate King.

Rayleigh's hint at what is actually on Raftel was really ominous too. "Even if you knew, you couldn't do anything about it." One Piece might be a very bad thing, or something much different than we expect, and Roger might have left it far away for a reason.

Pirate King is the Pirate who has mastered the new world. One Piece is past the new world at Raftel. It doesn't take a 2 chan leak to guess that Blackbeard will be main antagonist in a far future Raftel arc. Raftel arc may even happen while some of use are still alive it's pretty close now.

I don't think anyone "defeats" the marines necessarily. They're not an "evil" force. While Luffy will have to contend with them here and there, I think that Blackbeard taking out a large swath of marines sets up Luffy perfect. I mean, Blackbeard's a still a D, just not the one Roger wanted. He's still set to be a massive thorn in the World Government's side.

If Blackbeard takes on the World Government I really think he will have to have one of the ancient weapons.

What if it turns out Luffy has to abandon his dream to fulfill the will of D in order to topple "He who would challenge God?" I can see this being an amazing D. vs. D. twist if true. Blackbeard final villain, usurped Luffy's dream, made him accept his responsibility as a descendent of the ancient kingdom, brings order back the world, gets rid of the great pirate era and becomes something GREATER than the pirate king. It would also solve the most pirates except Luffy/Shanks = evil thing we've seen going on.

Wow that's a really good thought. It has always struck me when Whitebeard said a person would appear carrying the on his back the true history.

Ok so I just wanna throw this out there too. The translation said Blackbeard was going to be the pirate king forever definitely. I believe another translation says - Blackbeard will start a war against the marine and win it. Shanks will give a scare to blackbeard in his eye. Blackbeard will kill Shanks and become the Pirate King , but for a very short time . I'm still unsure cause I think it is too specific to say blackbeard will get a scar on his eye like shanks, tbh.

Starting OP over from the beginning because I lost the place I was at years ago. Just after the timeskip I think? Will report back in when I catch up.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras

Hot damn, I want the last part to happen so bad now. It would be absolutely devastating and I can't imagine a better hero to overcome it than luffy. GIVE IT TO ME

IHaveIce

Banned
Man I hope none of this is true, I feared and always thought it was kinda obvious that Shanks would die..but I really hope he doesn't lose to that fuck

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Pirate King is the Pirate who has mastered the new world. One Piece is past the new world at Raftel. It doesn't take a 2 chan leak to guess that Blackbeard will be main antagonist in a far future Raftel arc. Raftel arc may even happen while some of use are still alive it's pretty close now.

I'm assuming most readers are younger than oda, so we should all make it through!

I just meant that Luffy already has a ton of temporary crew members, so adding Bellamy for the next arc wouldn't be all that surprising.

Ah okay, it kind of sounded as though you meant permanent member. I don't consider any temporary companion to pe a part of Luffy's crew, really. Yeah, Bellamy could defiintely stick around for an arc, I think so too, but there's no way he could become a crew member.

This was unconfirmed but supposedly posted at the same time.
Luffy and zoro beat kaido, luffy, will get capture by smoker and sent to impel down , Sabo and the straw hats will rescue him. Bon clay will join the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom