• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
That info is interesting, but can you provide a source other than your word? Like a post on Arlong Park? Something?

Some of that info is pretty obvious stuff, but some is completely random and something really only someone like Oda would know (it kind of has me suspicious that it'll leak all of that stuff, without actually revealing what the "One Piece" is to keep it a surprise).

I will say that I do think it's obvious as of now that Shanks WILL die somehow or another. The death flag is definitely there.

Grexeno

This was unconfirmed but supposedly posted at the same time.
Luffy and zoro beat kaido, luffy, will get capture by smoker and sent to impel down , Sabo and the straw hats will rescue him. Bon clay will join the crew.
No. This makes no sense from a story progression perspective, and reads like fanfiction.

Fake. Fake fake fakitty fake fake.

Welfare

Luffy and zoro beat kaido, luffy, will get capture by smoker and sent to impel down , Sabo and the straw hats will rescue him. Bon clay will join the crew.

I can't see 2 things ever happening.

1. Smoker ever catching Luffy
2. A retread of Impel Down

If Luffy ever gets put into Impel Down, it'll basically turn into another Marineford arc trying to get him out.

Big One

Banned
The Impel Down is something I could legitimately see happening to Luffy, BUT retreading that arc would be a downer for me. If they do break them out, it needs to be a quick process since in theory the characters should be powerful enough to steamroll Impel Down. Like maybe 5 or less chapters spent there, with the rest of the arc perhaps being the Marines literally chasing the Strawhats across the sea.

I absolutely think that this arc is setting up Luffy's "Alliance Fleet", but they'll probably absent and autonomous until later chapters.

I mean, he even has his own cheerleader now. Bart will rally the troops when the time comes.

Also, if he has an alliance, he can make good on his promise to protect Fishman Island. This will appease Jinbei and he'll come join the crew.

Yeah, Maybe Jinbei will be full on crew. I don't put too much stock in Luffy's 10 members from way back when.

Look, Whatever it takes to get Bart as a SH member, full crew or not. Seriously, you can't introduce that guy and then have him leave.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
wtf wtf wtf

I hope this is true, although it probably isn't. They wouldn't retread an entire arc so blatantly. Unless it was done very quickly.

That info is interesting, but can you provide a source other than your word? Like a post on Arlong Park? Something?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoJfEbZHi4
This dudes youtube channel. People in comments were trying to get him to post up screenshots of the thread but I guess they were having trouble doing so, so that's why I turned to Gaf to see if anyone had heard anything about it. This theory is the only one i care about btw, I don't pay much attention to the other things he says.

Oh my bad he has another video about looking glass which i found interesting as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVWnv54RRk

Lunar15

I think Oda cuts off at Jinbei. Crew's too big as it is, and now he has this "alliance" to house all the other characters he likes so that they can re-appear in a big battle later.

Bart joining the crew doesn't make sense to me. He's a cheerleader. He'll be like the hype man for Luffy when shit hits the fan and gather the alliance.

Big One

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoJfEbZHi4
This dudes youtube channel. People in comments were trying to get him to post up screenshots of the thread but I guess they were having trouble doing so, so that's why I turned to Gaf to see if anyone had heard anything about it. This theory is the only one i care about btw, I don't pay much attention to the other things he says.

Oh my bad he has another video about looking glass which i found interesting as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVWnv54RRk
I mean some of those theories on there are neat, but unless he provides a specific link, I'm just going to assume it's BS. You CAN link directly to posts on 2ch iirc but he hasn't yet.

I mean some of those theories on there are neat, but unless he provides a specific link, I'm just going to assume it's BS. You CAN link directly to posts on 2ch iirc but he hasn't yet.

Yeah I want the screenshots or links for proof. Until then I hold the things they say about as true as that filler when Buggy said Raleigh was Luffy's uncle.

Big One

Banned
Yeah I want the screenshots or links for proof. Until then I hold the things they say about as true as that filler when Buggy said Raleigh was Luffy's uncle.
To be fair I do specifically remember Ace dying being a rumor around 2009 and even before that floating around on the internet. To be fair it was foreshadowed but a lot of people didn't believe it cause characters mostly died in only flashbacks in One Piece at the time till that moment.

Screenshots of what? How would he know what happens in the far future? Unless he's one of Oda's assistants, but I doubt one of them would spoil anything.

Squishy3

To be fair I do specifically remember Ace dying being a rumor around 2009 and even before that floating around on the internet. To be fair it was foreshadowed but a lot of people didn't believe it cause characters mostly died in only flashbacks in One Piece at the time till that moment.
i'm pretty sure it was also being actually advertised by shueisha

much like how comic book hero deaths are advertised, ie death of superman or most recently wolverine

Big One

Banned

much like how comic book hero deaths are advertised, ie death of superman or most recently wolverine
No it wasn't. It was a genuine rumor like a couple of years before Ace actually died. Sheushia didn't advertise it like that.

Yeah im gonna need some receipts to these claims. Like someone said, only Oda's assistants should have all this info this far in advance and i doubt one of them would have leaked this.

NSESN

Yeah im gonna need some receipts to these claims. Like someone said, only Oda's assistants should have all this info this far in advance and i doubt one of them would have leaked this.

I agree, and the Impel Down part is hard to believe, IRC, except for sabaody, we never had 2 arcs in the same place

Finally convinced my friend to get into One Piece. He's at Skypeia and just sent me this text:

"Why doesn't Enel turn into Lightning so Luffy can't hit him like Smoker and Ace would turn into their own element?"

dbeed0e699ac070de1dc22dedcd4c381

I think Oda cuts off at Jinbei. Crew's too big as it is, and now he has this "alliance" to house all the other characters he likes so that they can re-appear in a big battle later.

Bart joining the crew doesn't make sense to me. He's a cheerleader. He'll be like the hype man for Luffy when shit hits the fan and gather the alliance.

10 people is a good number. Bart is just his primary ally. He'd never give up being the CAPTAIN OF HIS OWN CREW to join the straw hats, he just idolizes them and will support and follow them.

Big One

Banned
There's definitely going to be more Strawhats than Jinbe. Jinbe will probably join up with Wano (I mean he goes with the Japanese theme as is in design) but I could see characters like Bart eventually joining as well.

Jinbe already told Luffy he was joining.

There's definitely going to be more Strawhats than Jinbe. Jinbe will probably join up with Wano (I mean he goes with the Japanese theme as is in design) but I could see characters like Bart eventually joining as well.

Jinbe already told Luffy he was joining.

I think this is pretty reasonable to assume. I can totally see Jinbe fitting in with the theme, and showing up to help them attack Kaidou, if they actually end up doing that.

Personally, I'm torn, I would like Oda to add more members to the crew such as Bart, Cavendish, etc., but he doesn't even give all of the current crew members enough spotlight time, so I'm not sure if it would really accomplish anything besides being fanservice.

Despite that though I still would like Bart to join the crew lol, or at least return in some significant capacity.

There's no hiatus this week right? If not I guess next week is the hiatus.

Lunar15

I hope not. We already had to split the crew in half for over a year.

Bart, Cavendish, really? Their jokes don't make sense if they join the crew. The alliance handles all of this.

I hope not. We already had to split the crew in half for over a year.

Bart, Cavendish, really? Their jokes don't make sense if they join the crew. The alliance handles all of this.

I get that Cavendish doesn't really make sense. Just something that I personally would like to see haha.

I don't really think that Bart will join the crew and will likely become part of the alliance at some point in the series.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still remember the debates when Water 7 was new and we didn't know most of the shipwrights were CP9 agents.

You should have seen the crewmate arguments back then. Even after the CP9 reveal a good number of people expected Paulie to join.

Big One

Banned
I think this is pretty reasonable to assume. I can totally see Jinbe fitting in with the theme, and showing up to help them attack Kaidou, if they actually end up doing that.

Personally, I'm torn, I would like Oda to add more members to the crew such as Bart, Cavendish, etc., but he doesn't even give all of the current crew members enough spotlight time, so I'm not sure if it would really accomplish anything besides being fanservice.

Despite that though I still would like Bart to join the crew lol, or at least return in some significant capacity.

There's no hiatus this week right? If not I guess next week is the hiatus.
Imo what's going to prob happen is that Jinbe will join, and Bart will join as well but only in an unofficial capacity. I mean couldn't you picture Bart like literally hiding inside barrels and other things to creep on the Strawhats without them realizing it? Could practically be a running gag every arc where everytime they get back on the Thousand Sunny after the end of a specific arc, Bart has the Thousand Sunny all clean and sparkly looking to impress the crew (even though they leave him behind everytime they encounter him).

After that I'm not sure who else could join.

I still remember the debates when Water 7 was new and we didn't know most of the shipwrights were CP9 agents.

You should have seen the crewmate arguments back then. Even after the CP9 reveal a good number of people expected Paulie to join.
I was in the same boat actually. Everyone thought Paulie was going to join, but once Franky started getting backstory people started figuring out what Oda wanted to do.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Imo what's going to prob happen is that Jinbe will join, and Bart will join as well but only in an unofficial capacity. I mean couldn't you picture Bart like literally hiding inside barrels and other things to creep on the Strawhats without them realizing it? Could practically be a running gag every arc where everytime they get back on the Thousand Sunny after the end of a specific arc, Bart has the Thousand Sunny all clean and sparkly looking to impress the crew (even though they leave him behind everytime they encounter him).

I was in the same boat actually. Everyone thought Paulie was going to join, but once Franky started getting backstory people started figuring out what Oda wanted to do.

LMAO at bart being a stalker and unofficially a member of the crew hiding in barrels. I hope Oda does it, it fits perfectly with the character. I would hope that eventually he would calm down but that would be a great gag.

Does anyone here know Japanese and visited this website? http://www2.2ch.net/2ch.html

Supposedly in 2009 while the straw hats were in Saboady talking to Raleigh, someone in the one piece topic someone had posted the crew would be separated before they entered the new world. They would fight Doflamingo once they entered the New World. Ace & Whitebeard would die. One of the admirals would quit. And that Luffy would be reunited with one of his dead brothers. I'm just looking for the legitimacy of this because this guy has also said a few more things that hasn't happened yet.

Apparently also it said Kaido is a suicidal man because he lost his son & he also has a daughter. People were trying to say it was that girl that Sanji & crew met cause she had horns.

Lol. The things he said that haven't been confirmed is mainly Another Yonko will die, but didn't say who. Blackbeard will be the one to fight the marines and he will win. Then the last that broke my heart was Blackbeard will be the Pirate King.

If Blackbeard takes on the World Government I really think he will have to have one of the ancient weapons.

Wow that's a really good thought. It has always struck me when Whitebeard said a person would appear carrying the on his back the true history.

Ok so I just wanna throw this out there too. The translation said Blackbeard was going to be the pirate king forever definitely. I believe another translation says - Blackbeard will start a war against the marine and win it. Shanks will give a scare to blackbeard in his eye. Blackbeard will kill Shanks and become the Pirate King , but for a very short time . I'm still unsure cause I think it is too specific to say blackbeard will get a scar on his eye like shanks, tbh.

tumblr_mdk4alfMI21qltqg1.gif

I'm calling bullshit until I see a working link or screenshot.

Anyone can claim they stated this or that would happen, but without any solid info, it's just broad speculation on topics that have already been mimicked in the fandom, like Shanks dying or BB starting a war with the Marines or Blackbeard would be the Pirate King before Luffy.

lol that would be pretty hilarious and something that i would like to see

also regarding ssj5krillhans post, I would love for Bon Clay to become a strawhat, but I don't think it will happen. I do think we will see him again though.

Ace being dead was speculated and theorized after the end of the fight on Banaro Island.

The ominous text and Ace's hat laying on the ground sent a lot of red flags.

SalvaPot

What´s this, rumors on the internet.

Welp, One Piece is ruined, it was nice knowing you guys, time to unsuscribe and read all of Hajime no Ippo.

TheShah

I'm pretty sure Shanks and Buggy will die together in an epic last stand of sorts.

I'm still waiting for Oda to introduce a character based on motherfucking Sinbad. How this hasn't happened already is beyond me. Hopefully the special character with the eye patch that Oda talked about way back is Sinbad related.

SolVanderlyn

What´s this, rumors on the internet.

Welp, One Piece is ruined, it was nice knowing you guys, time to unsuscribe and read all of Hajime no Ippo.
See you in a year or so

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm pretty sure Shanks and Buggy will die together in an epic last stand of sorts.

I'm still waiting for Oda to introduce a character based on motherfucking Sinbad. How this hasn't happened already is beyond me. Hopefully the special character with the eye patch that Oda talked about way back is Sinbad related.

It looks like Oda is saving the remaining pirate tropes and homages for really important characters, so it's almost guaranteed that the eye patch guy and Sinbad homage will be straight up baller.

SalvaPot

True story, watching all of One Piece took me 2 weeks, all the way to the start of the timeskip.

Then reading the rest of One Piece took me 5 days.

Meanwhile, watching all of Hajime no Ippo took me a week.

And reading the manga took me 2 months, its so daaaaamn long. Also the translation around the middle got weird.

No One Piece this week? Ah ... always a bummer ... but it could be worse, it could be Berserk!

On the crew-member side, while Jinbe is definitely cool and all, i just wished there would have been a female fishman to join, something like a student of Jinbes' fighting style.

A female brawler to make the Monster Trio a Monster Quartet has some nice touch, imo. Oda could have made a female octopus/kraken fishman for this, rather than using Jinbe.

SalvaPot

No One Piece this week? Ah ... always a bummer ... but it could be worse, it could be Berserk!

On the crew-member side, while Jinbe is definitely cool and all, i just wished there would have been a female fishman to join, something like a student of Jinbes' fighting style.

A female brawler to make the Monster Trio a Monster Quartet has some nice touch, imo. Oda could have made a female octopus/kraken fishman for this, rather than using Jinbe.

So you want Koala to join?

So you want Koala to join?
Uhm, no. I wanted a female fishman, the crew has enough good looking ladies, a unique one would be interesting to spice up the crew.

Koala doesn't fit at all, she is a normal (aka good looking in One Piece) girl, a human girl, and most importantly, has too many similarities with Nami (member of a former fishman crew, etc.).
Also i doubt she would leave Sabo or the revolution army, considering she has a higher rank.

Is she really a student of Jinbe?

SalvaPot

Uhm, no. I wanted a female fishman, the crew has enough good looking ladies, a unique one would be interesting to spice up the crew.

Koala doesn't fit at all, she is a normal (aka good looking in One Piece) girl, a human girl, and most importantly, has too many similarities with Nami (member of a former fishman crew, etc.).
Also i doubt she would leave Sabo or the revolution army, considering she has a higher rank.

Is she really a student of Jinbe?

Oh right, I got biased since I actually like Koala.

Hmm, well we got cami there for a while, but a have we even seen a fighter fishwoman? Can´t recall one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom