• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Tonight on Toonami is episode 312. Feel free to join Toonami GAF for a good cry!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Haha Sanji and Bonney. I'm not convinced :b
the food connection tho

The only shipping I want to see being discussed is how to maintain the Thousand Sunny. :p
:x

I don't think we'll see it in a flashback. We'll probably see the party play out in real-time. For all we know, it could be morning or late morning in Dressrosa right now, and the Tea Party could be in the afternoon or early evening.
I thought it was interesting that the story went right ahead and showed us Sanji and co. a day later. I kind of hope there is a flashback, but not a very elaborate one. Just enough to fill in the gaps as to what happened.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
*grabs rocket launcher* Are you guys talking about shipping?

Go ahead

v6cACGI.png

Sink them if you can or even want to

Veelk

Banned
What about Luffy x Meat?

I considered that, but I don't think the feelings Luffy has can be classified as romantic. It'd be like a runner saying he ships himself and his legs, or steven hawkings being shipped with his brain. Luffy and meat go beyond mere love or even sexuality, and have ventured into territory where they not actually two separate entities, and are instead one person that happens to occupy two different spaces, until Luffy reunites himself with himself at the moment of eating.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I considered that, but I don't think the feelings Luffy has can be classified as romantic. It'd be like a runner saying he ships himself and his legs, or steven hawkings being shipped with his brain. Luffy and meat go beyond mere love or even sexuality, and have ventured into territory where they not actually two separate entities, and are instead one person that happens to occupy two different spaces, until Luffy reunites himself with himself at the moment of eating.

So... am I eating luffy? D:

RomanceDawn

The only shipping I want to see being discussed is how to maintain the Thousand Sunny. :p

I don't think we'll see it in a flashback. We'll probably see the party play out in real-time. For all we know, it could be morning or late morning in Dressrosa right now, and the Tea Party could be in the afternoon or early evening.

I posted a huge time line update some pages ago but when we see the Tea Party it will be while it's going or as a flash back, it has already begun.

Day 1 - Crew reunites, Advenutre on Fishman Island. Tamago says tea party is in 4 days.

Day 2 - Set sail from FI, meet Laboons family, destroy Punk Hazard.

Day 3 - Doffy gives up his warlord spot, adventure on Dressrosa, Dressrosa destroyed with Flamingo Family. Jinbe sets sail for Big Mom, parties into the night.

Day 4 - Sanji arrives at mysterious island. Jinbe continues, Wadatsumi joins him.

Day 5 - Tea Party begins.

Day 6 - Luffy prepares to leave Dressrosa.

The correct ships are

Luffy x straw hat
Zoro x weights
Nami x the internal organs she lost in the time skip

Luffy x Strawhat
Zoro x Booze
Nami x Moneyz
Usopp x Going Merry
Chopper x Usopp
Robin x Angst
Franky x Nudisto Beach
Brook x Panties
Jinbei x Whitebeard

KtSlime

I posted a huge time line update some pages ago but when we see the Tea Party it will be while it's going or as a flash back, it has already begun.

Day 1 - Crew reunites, Advenutre on Fishman Island. Tamago says tea party is in 4 days.

Day 3 - Doffy gives up his warlord spot, adventure on Dressrosa, Dressrosa destroyed with Flamingo Family. Jinbe sets sail for Big Mom, parties into the night.

Day 4 - Sanji arrives at mysterious island. Jinbe continues, Wadatsumi joins him.

It's mind warping to think that the past 200 chapters have covered only ~3 days.

ffdgh

Part of me resfuses to accept this. I know it's true and yet...

Spinx

So Luffy is going to become a pirate king in a month or two ? Week 1, Kaido down. Week 2, Big Mom is gone. Week 3 Blackbeard who killed Shanks is gone. Week 4, Mariejoa is down. THE END.

Rand6

I want to see a flashback of him and Roger younger. And how strong they were.
It's sad that we've only seen Whitebeard old and sick.

I always get the feeling that Luffy embodies both Whitebeard and Roger's ideologies. Also that feeling when you realize Luffy and Law are this generation's Shanks and Mihawk.

The worst thing about One Piece is the lack of interaction between the strawhats. All this crazy action is killing some good family time.
yeah, I really want another Enes Lobby already. A battle that pushes the crew to the limits, the will to make Luffy pirate king fortified even further, everyone's struggles and hardships during the two year skip. I'm thinking Oda will probably do it like the flashbacks of everyone's origins, but I'm hoping each character organically has his flashback.

Luffy is pretty asexual, but I just think Boa feeding him all his life would be pretty funny. The marriage wouldn't even be anything but Luffy getting meat whenever he wants, and Boa acting crazy and killing women around the seas when she hears about Luffy's adventure.

I'm not into everyone shipping, although for some reason I really like Zoro/Robin, but I dunno, I find it annoying Luffy is still asexual, would like a bit more to his character instead of standard shonen eat meat, golden heart, instinct based hero. Then again, Toriyama hardly did anything with Chi-Chi so I don't want something half-assed.

Full summary is out .
chapter about bringing becca and kyros to a close.
Also the dressrosa citizens are some of the most stupid people ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom