• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Who else thinks One Piece is going to end up being like 150 volumes or something? Starting to seem that way.

I do notice that so far all the major arcs are based off the original arcs of One Piece.
East Blue = Fishman Island
Alabasta = Dressrosa
Skypeia = ????

Then there's CP9, Thriller Bark, and Marineford.

Maybe Skypeia = Big Mom arc (maybe she lives in Candyland or something)
CP9 = Vegapunk arc
Thriller Bark = Kaidou arc
Marineford = Suzuki arc (maybe Marijois)

And the final arc Raftel where Blackbeard is the final boss.

Grexeno

Who else thinks One Piece is going to end up being like 150 volumes or something? Starting to seem that way.

I do notice that so far all the major arcs are based off the original arcs of One Piece.
Alabasta = Dressrosa
Skypeia = ????

CP9 = Vegapunk arc

Kaidou is 100% next, so your comparison kind of breaks down.

RPGamer92

Banned
I wonder who Rebbecca's
father
is. I think it's either Dragon or Kaidou (was introduced around the same time it was revealed that Kyros
wasn't her father
).

Big One

Banned
Kaidou is 100% next, so your comparison kind of breaks down.
I dunno about that. Kaidou is bad enough to be end-game stuff. Oda needs to get through Big Mom first since he already started a conflict between her and Luffy. Kaidou doesn't even know who Luffy is yet, and Oda might want to extent Law and Luffy's alliance for the next few arcs.

Kyros
isn't her real father right?
Dude...
giphy.gif

I didn't go through all that shit for them not to be related.

Kaidou isn't going down anytime soon if he's taking three supernovas head on now. chances are Oda is saving all the Yonko with the exception of Big Mom for the final arc. I'm betting on Luffy taking on an admiral next most likely the one yet to be revealed or even the unknown warlord.

The main thing is the Strawhats are always facing stronger opponents or greater threats after each arc(possible exception being Punk Hazard). It's unlikely Oda would make them take on anyone less than admiral or Yonko level strength now that Luffy's taken out 3 warlords.

Squishy3

I think Luffy has something to do with Roger. Reincarnated, his true son, etc.
God will come down at the end of One Piece and say they manipulated the threads of fate so that Luffy would end up at Raftel with the straw hat.

Luffy then activates the Egg of the King he's secretly had this whole time and sacrifices everyone and becomes the Griffith of the One Piece world

Alabasta = Dressrosa
Skypeia = ????

CP9 = Vegapunk arc
Duval = Buggy becomes a yonko (lol)

Possibly has Rogers devil fruit, but unsure if Roger even has a devil fruit. If I remember correctly Rayleigh new about Luffy's devil fruit powers while they were training, I'd have to go back and read it. But it seems they both are able to "hear the voice of all things"

They definitely have a connection that goes far beyond the Straw Hat. If I had to guess, it's probably just whatever the D. thing turns out to be.

We know that both Rodger and Luffy can hear "voices" as shown in Fishman Island, and Whitebeard also says to Teach during Marineford that the one to fulfill Roger's will won't be him. I.e. Luffy is obviously going to become Pirate King, but whether it goes beyond the D. will be interesting.

Source: One Piece Podcast (Check that shit out, better than drugs).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Kyros
isn't her real father right?

Since I think you actually are being genuine here, yes, Kyros is her father. He spread the rumor that he wasn't so as to distance himself from her in the eyes of the people, because he thought his rough-and-tumble past would tarnish her reputation. Rebecca says nuts to that, and accepts him for who he is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder who Rebbecca's
father
is. I think it's either Dragon or Kaidou (was introduced around the same time it was revealed that Kyros
wasn't her father
).

You have read the rest of the arc right? Because I feel like you skipped Kyros's flashback.

Big One

Banned
I'm thinking he might be a part of some type of inherited will from Joy Boy. Like Joy Boy wanted unity in the world hence why he was friends with the Fishman and wanted to bring them ashore but never got a chance to. But the 20 Kingdoms squashed and the Ancient Kingdom he ruled over. Joy Boy might've been the first guy to have the Strawhat as well.

It makes sense to me that a king who's silly and wears a Strawhat would piss a bunch of other kingdoms off for making a mockery of monarchy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I didn't realize that Kaidou was in the color spread for chapter 693. This was from 12/12/2012.

500px-Pirate_Alliance_Saga.png
Were people speculating about this back then? I never saw this image come up.

Spinx

I like how Aokiji is on the opposite side of Blackbeard.

M1gaNMy.jpg

Big Mom vs. Kaido ? It took 150 chapters to take out Doflamingo. If every emperor gets taken out one by one, One Piece won't be over until chapter 2000. I'm ok with that.

I will eat my fucking hat and suck all the dicks available if we don't get anything big for 800.

Mark this post.

Trust me when I say, nothing monumental will happen in Chapter 800. Oda's track record for centenary chapters is all over the place.

100 - Dragon shows up at Logue Town, Luffy and crew head for the Grand Line.
200 - Water Luffy vs Crocodile
300 - Enel heads to the Moon, end of battle party
400 - The Straw Hats break into the Tower of Justice and split up
500 - Everyone searches for Camie, Rayleigh makes his appearance.
600 - Brook's concert at Sabaody, Half of the crew reunites
700 - Marine HQ meeting, Buggy revealed to be a Shichibukai, Doffy has the Mera Mera no Mi in his posession, Fujitora name-dropped
800 - ???

Spinx

Trust me when I say, nothing monumental will happen in Chapter 800. Oda's track record for centenary chapters is all over the place.

100 - Dragon shows up at Logue Town, Luffy and crew head for the Grand Line.
200 - Water Luffy vs Crocodile
300 - Enel heads to the Moon, end of battle party
400 - The Straw Hats break into the Tower of Justice and split up
500 - Everyone searches for Camie, Rayleigh makes his appearance.
600 - Brook's concert at Sabaody, Half of the crew reunites
700 - Marine HQ meeting, Buggy revealed to be a Shichibukai, Doffy has the Mera Mera no Mi in his posession, Fujitora name-dropped
800 - ???

Most of these are not monumental but are still fucking awesome. Ten times better then the chapter we got this week.

Metal B

Big Mom vs. Kaido ? It took 150 chapters to take out Doflamingo. If every emperor gets taken out one by one, One Piece won't be over until chapter 2000. I'm ok with that.
Why should Luffy need to take on every Emperor? His goal is to get the One Piece and not to beat every pirate. All Luffy needs is to take out one Emperor to be on the same level as Shanks and Blackbeard. From then on he can really target the One Piece and find a way to Raftel.

Chariot

I like how Aokiji is on the opposite side of Blackbeard.

M1gaNMy.jpg

They won't just run from Yonko to Yonko, that would get predictable and boring. Look how the Samurai are handled. They will probably naturally stumble upon them or get in their way, trading blows withot finishing it or even get forced to flee to show how much bigger the Yonko are.

Spinx

Why should Luffy need to take on every Emperor? His goal is to get the One Piece and not to beat every pirate. All Luffy needs is to take out one Emperor to be on the same level as Shanks and Blackbeard. From then on he can really target the One Piece and find a way to Raftel.

He said he's going to defeat all four. :p
The only one I don't see him taking down is Shanks.

Metal B

I'm pretty sure, he just said that as in "If they get in my way, i will beat them". There is no need to defeat all of them. Except if it is somehow the only way to get the One Piece or if it is part of becoming the Pirate King. I hope, we get the "rules" in the next chapters. We also still don't have a clear goal since the Straw Hats entered the New World (Before that there was "Getting to the Grand Line through Reverse Mountain" and afterwards"Getting to the New World through Fishman Island".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm pretty sure, he just said that as in "If they get in my way, i will beat them". There is no need to defeat all of them. Except if it is somehow the only way to get the One Piece or if it is part of becoming the Pirate King. I hope, we get the "rules" in the next chapters. We also still don't have a clear goal since the Straw Hats entered the New World (Before that there was "Getting to the Grand Line through Reverse Mountain" and afterwards"Getting to the New World through Fishman Island".

Well, now it's getting to Raftel. That was always the ultimate goal and that's their main goal right now.

The rule of the new world is to survive either by joining a Yonko or be constantly fighting them. All this time the Straw Hats have been fighting Kaido to move forward. Maybe a little bit of conflict with Linlin also. Luffy is probably right to say that he can't move forward unless all the Yonko have been pacified. The only supernova who isn't following this rule of fighting or joining appears to be Bonney.

Possibly it is also not worth going to Raftel until Robin has decoded all the poneglyphs. In fact thinking about it, it is weird that we haven't seen much of a Dressrosa poneglyph but maybe Robin talking to the Dwarves counts to her mission.

Kornflayx

He clearly stated that he wants to defeat all four emperors. And when Law proposed they team up to defeat Kaido, he told him "as long as Shanks is not the first". So.....

Metal B

Well, now it's getting to Raftel. That was always the ultimate goal and that's their main goal right now.
But this time it is different. Before it was just a simple point on a map and regular location for the people of the world. Raftel by comparison has to be competently hidden and/or very hard to reach place for some reason. Otherwise every one of the Emperor could have get the One Piece long ago. Oda has still to explain, why nobody of them just casually traveled their and if you need to become a Emperor, besides them naturally be in your way.

The clues up to this point make it look like, you need to read all of the Poneglyphs to find its location. This would explain, why the other Emperor just couldn't casually went their and your have to enter enemy territory to get access to all of the Poneglyphs. Since their was a very balanced power level between the forces up to this point, the battle for the crown was a stalemate. It could also be, that only a few actually know the secrets about the Poneglyphs. Blackbeard still wasn't shown to know something about them, so their could also be an alternative way to Raftel.

All in all it would be great from Oda to finally explain us, what the overall goal and rules for this half of the story are.

He clearly stated that he wants to defeat all four emperors. And when Law proposed they team up to defeat Kaido, he told him "as long as Shanks is not the first". So.....
Ok, competly forget about that. But again, what is the point of this. Up to this point One Piece wasn't about "Fighting all the bosses" as an end-goal, there were just obstacles. I'm just wanna hear the why (But it could also be simply a "because Luffy wants to"-situation)

Chariot

Especially Shanks. I could see one or more of the others getting slammed by someone else, but Shanks is personal. He would make a fine final boss given that it started with him. I could see a final fight after or during which Luffy gives back the hat.

Kornflayx

Ok, competly forget about that. But again, what is the point of this. Up to this point One Piece wasn't about "Fighting all the bosses" as an end-goal, there were just obstacles. I'm just wanna hear the why (But it could also be simply a "because Luffy wants to"-situation)

Luffy just wants ultimate freedom, and he can only achieve that if he doesn't have to fight an emperor as soon as he comes into their territory. He wants to be free to do as he pleases

Spinx

Especially Shanks. I could see one or more of the others getting slammed by someone else, but Shanks is personal. He would make a fine final boss given that it started with him. I could see a final fight after or during which Luffy gives back the hat.

Luffy won't fight Shanks because Shanks is a swordsman. They're Luffy's Achilles heel. I think that's the reason most villains in the series aren't swordsmen. (my dumb prediction)

Syntsui

Luffy won't fight Shanks because Shanks is a swordsman. They're Luffy's Achilles heel. I think that's the reason most villains in the series aren't swordsmen. (my dumb prediction)

This doesn't make sense, Luffy fought Zoro equally and if swordsmen were really his natural counter, he should have never beaten Doffy, his threads were more threatening than any sword so far.

Metal B

Luffy just wants ultimate freedom, and he can only achieve that if he doesn't have to fight an emperor as soon as he comes into their territory. He wants to be free to do as he pleases
One of the longest running jokes of the series is, that all of the other characters have a good reason or plan, why they do something, and only Luffy does it for the LoLz, friendship or another personal reason. I would love to here the reason of the other characters, why they need to defeat all of them.

Chariot

First of all: Luffy won't shy away from enemies just because they have the advantage. Of course the fight against Shanks would be difficult and stacked against Luffy starting with a sword. Remember that Shanks doesn't have a devils fruit in turn.

Secondly, regarding Mihawk. That guy probably could've beaten Luffy with a wooden stick at thst point. Luffy grew. Why does it have to be eady for him?

Possibly using gear 4th Luffy could counter that but it's matching Luffy's strongest stance that he can't maintain vs Mihawk's standard relaxed stance. Later on he went on to take a blow from Sengoku and he wasn't nervous because Sengoku wasn't using something that countered him.

I have said before that I think that armament haki was a bad addition because it makes people think about One Piece in terms of Dragon Ball type power levels not in terms of countering or matching up opponents well. It's like Luffy's haki is over 9000 so he can pimp slap Mihawk while his sword just bounces of him? That's boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom