• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Brook's ice powers don't seem to have an in-universe explanation outside of the fact that they're associated with him being able to harness "the chill of the underworld". Realistically, he was probably given those powers to give him some actual offensive utility while still using his sword, as he's clearly outclassed by Zoro in raw strength.

In the time skip Brook worked on developing his "soul" skills. What that means in the OP universe and if it has any relation to Haki, Devil Fruit abilities or Will of D is not explained. Brook realised that the after effect of having used his devil fruit ability was that his soul was stronger and could do different things.

But that is not his devil fruit ability which is now actually useless as is Kin'emon's.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Small chapter spoiler

Sugar's new tenure doesn't last long as she faints again.
Luffy and Law finally arrive in front of Doflamingo.

On another note, Pirate Warriors 3 is happening. Which is odd since I thought the last game didn't sell as well as the first.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
God Usopp is becoming more of an apt nickname.
Seems he's developing Observation Haki if that aura bit was any indication

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
This was a good one. Sometimes I get tired of Usopp being a joke. I don't feel like they use his abilities enough. This was a refreshing display of it.

Korosenai

I had the same exact reaction

e6wNHGL.png

Hell yeah. Usopp showing off his strengths and what looks to be Observation Haki and what finally looks like the start of the final fight. Such great buildup in this chapter and that bullet was amazing.

Pirate
God
Ussop

Sugar seems way too dangerous to let go. If the Marines don't grab her, put a pop-green in her knee and into the Sea she goes!

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Fuck yess Ussop. It's been too long since I've thought you could be remotely relevant outside of silly antics. I love those antics, but seeing you bring something real to the table . . hell yes. That shot was amazing.

Usopp's dad would be proud!! I can't wait till he gets a proper Sniper rifle :)

I don't think he ever will, honestly. That's cool though, his slingshot sets him apart.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Small chapter spoiler

Sugar's new tenure doesn't last long as she faints again.
Luffy and Law finally arrive in front of Doflamingo.

On another note, Pirate Warriors 3 is happening. Which is odd since I thought the last game didn't sell as well as the first.
Maybe if they don't go for an offensively terrible, laugh-in-the-face-of-canon story it will sell as well as the first one. Also, not skipping things like Fishman Island would be nice.

Kreed

One Piece 758:

I was weary of Sugar coming back, but Ussop and that sniper shot made it worth it (incredible use of Kanjuro's powers as well. Hopefully he sticks around for a bit longer). Also nice seeing Ussop getting a different form of Haki and putting it to good use.

Bandini

I marked out pretty hard for that chapter. Wonder if we're going to get individual fights now that all the pieces are set? I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 chapters devoted entirely to Zoro / Pica.

Unrelated but...
Top 5 Characters I'm Pumped to See in the New World

1.) Coby
2.) Buggy
3.) Shanks
4.) Marco
5.) Blackbeard

I marked out pretty hard for that chapter. Wonder if we're going to get individual fights now that all the pieces are set? I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 chapters devoted entirely to Zoro / Pica.

Yeah, I'd say it's about time for that. Wouldn't want the fights to get cluttered together.

Dugna

Usopp has always been very clutch especially in very dangerous situations like the shots at enies lobby and this just proves it. Hopefully Luffy once the crew has time can help them understand the different forms of it. Then the crew can be even more powerful.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Amazing, amazing chapter. Usopp has always been my favourite and this just cements it. I'm also now convinced that Viola will join the crew. Her powers combined with Usopp makes them an incredibly powerful tag-team.

Kater

Banned
Usopp finally get's some time in the spotlight again. And not even as his Alter Ego. Proud of you, Longnose. :')

I wonder if
Sabo
joins in the fight against Doflamingo or his men. I want to see those new powers of his in action.

rouken

GOD USOPP. It just shows how great he is at being a tactician and sniper, setting up that shot in a short amount of time. He just needs the courage that his father have.

Also now that everything is set up, we could finally get some fighting. :)

Big One

Banned
This chapter was awesome. Always loved Usopp. I'm also glad Oda is giving his other Strawhats haki powers as well. Hope all the Strawhats get them eventually to keep them on par with each other. And I don't mean how everyone should have the same, like obviously Usopp's speciality in haki could be in his eyes for example. The others could have specialties as well.

I'm not sure he needs her with his newfound ability.

He still needed reference for the steel bars of the window, though.

I feel this 2 characters as a team could be a really interesting mechanic later on (and Viola already respects him a lot, and Sanji too)...

We're missing her dream, though :/

He still needed reference for the steel bars of the window, though.

I feel this 2 characters as a team could be a really interesting mechanic later on (and Viola already respects him a lot, and Sanji too)...

We're missing her dream, though :/

She is a princess and they can't be crew and chopper still has to do his embarrassed dance when she notices him.

I don't think anyone from this arc will join the crew, although we'll absolutely run into Sabo and Bartolomeo again.
I think this arc has been hinting hard at a pirate fleet under the Straw Hat banner. Barto Club I could see as just a recurring set of characters but Chinjao straight up wants Luffy to command his crew (+Sai and Boo). Meanwhile Usopp is just getting godlier by the minute and there's a whole slew of powerful and unique characters currently loyal to him. I really think he's going to be commanding a Straw Hat crew of his own by the end of this arc. Straw Hats are entering the big leagues and they're fucking with the strongest in the world so it only makes sense they'd expand like half the major player's crews we've seen throughout the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom