• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so when Usopp saw the auras, he awakened Haki? Pretty cool. Also, it's safe to assume if Luffy has his Haki, that Doflamingo probably has his too. This fight is going to be one for the ages.

We already confirmed dofla has conquerors haki when he fought smoker and his marines when dofla got to punk hazard

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So I wonder how important the use of lead bullets will be later on in the story? Was Law able to remove the poison with the bullets or is the damage done?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Maybe it's how Doflamingo killed Corazon?

That would be really interesting. It would be great is we find out law has corazon's devil fruit and doffy is just trying to repeat how he murdered cora witg law. The flashback has to happen soon so hopefully all of this gets explained.

What's the deal with the lead bullets again? Oda skippin around too much for me.

I don't think lead has any particular history in One Piece to make the specific mention
in that panel significant right now.

My biggest guess is that Law's devil fruit has a few specific weaknesses that Dofla is fully aware of. (maybe if he misjudges the material of an object he can't use his power?)

Zeppu

Different translations just say "lead shot", so I think the implication is simply that it wasn't just a single bullet to remove but multiple lead shots.

robin definitely needs reinforcement haki. not only would she be able to have better defense but her attacks could cause major damage now.

She's pretty imba already. When fighting Sugar, she should have just done her usual clutch move and just broken Sugar's back instead of trying to stick a grape into Sugar's mouth.

She's pretty imba already. When fighting Sugar, she should have just done her usual clutch move and just broken Sugar's back instead of trying to stick a grape into Sugar's mouth.

She would have still lost rather easy since all sugar has to do is touch her .
Her body parts still effect her main body .
Robin seem broken until you see how easy it is for certain characters to damage he body parts and she no where near as strong psychically like other characters .

most bullets have lead in them so this poison angle doesn't make sense.

for real i'm surprised to see it repeated left and right in every single 758 discussion on the net like it makes any fucking sense at all

either corazon was killed by 'lead bullets' or some such bullshit, or seastone bullets exist in canon, Law is aware of them, and believes Doflamingo was just toying with him when he shot him

She would have still lost rather easy since all sugar has to do is touch her .
Her body parts still effect the main body .

That's also what happened when she tried to stick the grape into Sugar's mouth. In Robin's other clutch attacks, the enemy is usually rapidly defeated.

Kater

Banned
Has Robin ever used her clutch to defeat anyone who wasn't either fodder or absolutely pathetic?

Well, back in Alabasta she beat up that bird guy and in Skypiea she finished that one big guy.

She is criminally underused. That's why I hope that she gets some Haki so that she can finally take on the bigger fish.

Magwik

Banned
Yv7znmv.jpg

Sanji is still da best

Wynnebeck

Banned
:lol

The sad part is I can see part of that happening. The last time we did seem him and the rest of the crew on the Sunny was when Big Mom showed up.

I still feel like Sanji is one of the weakest members of the crew which is a shame because he's one of my favorite characters. I want to see him level up to Zoro's level.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I still feel like Sanji is one of the weakest members of the crew which is a shame because he's one of my favorite characters. I want to see him level up to Zoro's level.

Really? He's always been at least #3 in terms of strength. Maybe it's just because he hasn't had a good fight in a while.

Korosenai

I'm hoping that someday Luffy upgrades his Gear 3, allowing his whole body to grow big at once and basically becoming a giant for a minute or whatever.

Kater

Banned
They did this in the anime in a filler arc and Luffy was kicking ass.
You are talking about the Z arc, right?

Because he didn't do it on his own. Lily got into Luffy's body in her small form and then grew to the size of a giant.

And damn, that was a weird episode... :/

Magwik

Banned
Well i was not expecting much but this was a waste of time.

Well Don has drop everyone he fight like scrub so far so at least there that .
Plus anyone can get beat easy when they don't know the other character powers.

It's worth it if you stick around for the end credits. :p
tumblr_nb5b8sNnch1rnoltyo1_500.gif

tumblr_nb5b8sNnch1rnoltyo2_500.gif

Considering it's the Manga thread shouldn't have an issue posting these.

demidar

That spoiler is such a slap in the face to anime watchers, loses a lot of its impact when it happened out of nowhere in the manga (though I can understand if people take umbrage with Sabo just showing up without much foreshadowing).

Jigorath

Banned

He's the 3rd strongest member of the crew. Zoro isn't much stronger than him.

Wynnebeck

Banned
He's the 3rd strongest member of the crew. Zoro isn't much stronger than him.

I don't believe that at all. I'm going to need a proper fight in the future showing Sanji's progression since the timeskip. Yeah, it's cool he can run across the sky, but I want to see a tangible increase in strength. Zoro has already shown some of his upgrades. Hell, Usopp just activated his Haki which honestly puts him over Sanji for me at the moment.

Korosenai

That spoiler is such a slap in the face to anime watchers, loses a lot of its impact when it happened out of nowhere in the manga (though I can understand if people take umbrage with Sabo just showing up without much foreshadowing).
Yeah, I hope nobody from the anime thread watches this special until the actual big reveal.

I would have been pissed if I was anime only and watched the special.

KHlover

Banned
Yeah, I hope nobody from the anime thread watches this special until the actual big reveal.

I would have been pissed if I was anime only and watched the special.

Does the concept of anime only even exist in Japan? Doesn't pretty much EVERYONE read the manga there?

So why should they care if some guys overseas who pirate their show get spoiled?

Pseudo-edit: I just saw that the special is on crunchyroll as well. Refresh my memory, does crunchyroll actually have the license to stream One Piece legally? If so at least they should have waited the few weeks until the anime caught up.

Dugna

Does the concept of anime only even exist in Japan? Doesn't pretty much EVERYONE read the manga there?

So why should they care if some guys overseas who pirate their show get spoiled?

Pseudo-edit: I just saw that the special is on crunchyroll as well. Refresh my memory, does crunchyroll actually have the license to stream One Piece legally? If so at least they should have waited the few weeks until the anime caught up.

Yeah they legally can they made a deal with Funimation who own the license in the West, like early 2014 so slowly the episodes are being added. Watching one piece in HD on my TV is freaking nice :D

It was pretty obvious he survived though.

KHlover

Banned
It was pretty obvious he survived though.
I agree. People learned nothing from Pell. It used to be "only dead when in flashback", now "only dead when STATED dead". And as the manga processes I'm pretty sure we should add "only dead when stated dead, corpse shown and corpse burned (also shown)".

We should learn our lessons from Game of Thrones, GRRM's death policy is remarkably similar to Oda's :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I agree. People learned nothing from Pell. It used to be "only dead when in flashback", now "only dead when STATED dead". And as the manga processes I'm pretty sure we should add "only dead when stated dead, corpse shown and corpse burned (also shown)".

We should learn our lessons from Game of Thrones, GRRM's death policy is remarkably similar to Oda's :p

corpse burned thing is definitely needed due to Enel.

Stated dead? Check.

Corpse shown? Check.

KHlover

Banned
corpse burned thing is definitely needed due to Enel.

Stated dead? Check.

Corpse shown? Check.

That part was gut wrenching. I was in complete disbelief when I first read the chapter and internally scream at everyone to just keep the Sea Stone in contact with Enel's body until he is actually brain dead at every reread ever since :(

Tiamant

What about Monet? Is she dead?

KHlover

Banned
What about Monet? Is she dead?
Let me go through my internal checklist:
- Flashback? Nope
- Stated dead? Nope
- Corpse shown? Nope
- Corpse burned? Nope

I'd avatar bet you with a 100% confidence that we will see her again in some form. For now I'll go with neoriceisgood here: Probably cover story material

EDIT: Don't trust One Piece wikia on this one btw. Their source for the statement of Monet being deceased is Cesar stabbing her heart, aka the act itself. No confirmation via Data book, interview or anything. Pell, Sabo, Bellamy etc. have shown us that such an assessment can't be trusted. Amazingly the Chapter summary on their own page simply states that she collapses after being stabbed while their episode summary states that she's dead. Yeah....NOT trustworthy.

She's gonna get an adventurous cover story.

Hypron

I don't believe that at all. I'm going to need a proper fight in the future showing Sanji's progression since the timeskip. Yeah, it's cool he can run across the sky, but I want to see a tangible increase in strength. Zoro has already shown some of his upgrades. Hell, Usopp just activated his Haki which honestly puts him over Sanji for me at the moment.

Come on now, Sanji's got armament and observation haki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom