• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit I just found this thread! What a chapter that was.

Sooooo.. Law operated on himself and is clearly not at full strength and they have a full strength Trebol and Doflamingo in front of them.

I really can't figure out how this will go. Law vs Trebol & Luffy vs Doflamingo?

Or it could just be an all out 2 on 2. Can't wait to see Luffy step up and show what he is capable of.

Man, this chapter must be Usopp's absolute high point in the series;

1. Absurdly amazing sniping skills

2. First non-monster trio straw hat to gain Haki!

3. His absolutely selfless speech about how Luffy doesn't even have to notice... Like seriously, this is glorious captain usopp we're talking about. That's character development if I've ever seen it.

smurfx

get some go again

3. His absolutely selfless speech about how Luffy doesn't even have to notice... Like seriously, this is glorious captain usopp we're talking about. That's character development if I've ever seen it.
i really thought he was pretty much done for the rest of the arc and here he went and surpassed other strawhats.

Kater

Banned
1399746584047.jpg

Based God :)

The story didn't move.

Chapter was more about a character than the story and chapters like this is why OP so good.
Not every chapter going to have the story moving forward by a lot .

Well the setup chapters seem to be done. When you throw in the setup chapters and the rather frequent breaks it makes this arc feel like a slog. But it's definitely picking up.

Been that way since the War arc , pacing seem slower in weekly chapters thanks to breaks .
When reading vols it so much better .

Sooooo.. Law operated on himself and is clearly not at full strength and they have a full strength Trebol and Doflamingo in front of them.

I really can't figure out how this will go. Law vs Trebol & Luffy vs Doflamingo?

Or it could just be an all out 2 on 2. Can't wait to see Luffy step up and show what he is capable of.

Leo and Mansherry are also in that area.

Grudy

Hahahaha based usopp, big development for him. I don't care about the haki stuff as much as him saying that the captain doesn't need to notice his effort.

Only thing missing was the mask and sniper island theme song.

Raxus

I am definitely rereading this arc when it is over. It has been awhile since I did that. This chapter gives me hope for more one on one fights in the future.

Bring on the Robin fight!

daveo42

Banned
Holy fucking shit at that shot. Usopp is 1000% worthy of the title GOD now. Plus, looks like Godsopp got himself some Observation Haki out of the deal. Fuckin' a Usopp, you're one hell of a hero.

Grudy

How will he get in the Birdcage? He's been out on the sea for a while.
Maybe they got trapped in with bird cage? They met big mom's ship pretty close to dressrosa so they might not have gona far.

My opinion however is that they were either captured or there is something big awaiting them. Oda isn't the type to leave the main characters off screen for such a long time and probably has something in store at the end of the arc.

i hope its two on two. i wanna see some bad ass combos. i dont think this series has had a double team fight with a main villain yet right?

ryan13ts

I am definitely rereading this arc when it is over. It has been awhile since I did that. This chapter gives me hope for more one on one fights in the future.

Bring on the Robin fight!

Speaking of Robin, I'm seriously going to be pissed at Oda if he doesn't show us Robin/Bart vs Gladius. He's FINALLY got to setup a fight for her, so he better not cop out and have the battle off panel or skip it all together. The last 1 on 1 fight she had was in Skypeia against that giant dude Yama, and that barely even counted as one since she wiped the floor with him (Almost literally).

That was also 11 years ago. I'd say she's long overdue for a fight.

cHaotix8

God Usopp-Sempai! ~

Such a glorious chapter is why I really enjoy One Piece. Only thing missing was a douse of Senor Pink.

xbgamer

Banned
2 Questions.

1. Why is this thread not in the off topic community?

2. What Haki do you guys think each member of the straw hat crew will get?

Kater

Banned
2 Questions.

1) I believe every new Community thread gets some time in OT and will be moved to the Community side after a while.

2) Don't know. And haven't really thought about it before.

ryan13ts

2 Questions.

1. I'm sure it'll be moved there soon

2. Nami - Observation (I bet she already has it, it's been slightly hinted in her abilities as a navigator)
Usopp - Observation (Just awakened)
Chopper - Reinforcement
Robin - Don't think she'll get it, doesn't really need it
Franky - Same as Robin
Brook - Reinforcement

I'm telling you. By the end of this arc, Straw Hat Pirates 2nd Division will be a thing and God Usopp will be their captain

And just like goldfish poop his lies about commanding many loyal and powerful warriors will come to be true

I feel like this manga has been beating us over the head with all this foreshadowing for some time

I mean come on

Blackbeard's crew members all captain their own divisions and every Yonkou has pirate crews under him/her. Luffy will be no different.
Usopp's lies coming true throughout the series... well what's his most oft-cited, most prominent lie? of his entire life?
This arc has been throwing cool new people at Luffy and Usopp's feet and I can't stress this enough but in just this arc alone two entire pirate crews have already had their loyalty pledged entirely to the Straw Hats
not to mention all these unique randoms who look at Usopp like he's a gift from the heavens
some of whom I could see leading the pirate life or at least sailing alongside Usopp and the gang until they reach wherever they came from in the New World.
What an interesting time for him to gain an impressive new moniker and an important powerup as well.

Kater

Banned

2. Nami - Observation (I bet she already has it, it's been slightly hinted in her abilities as a navigator)
Chopper - Reinforcement
Franky - Same as Robin
Brook - Reinforcement
Robin's attacks could use some more strength behind them though.
Didn't she barely have enough strength to pull up that big guy in Skypiea?

Maybe she should get Busoshoku Haki.

Bravoexo

Wouldn't Usopp's getting his own crew complete his dream/goal? Or was it just "Brave Warrior of the Sea?" thing... well, that's according to Wiki, but i think being a real Captain sums up he's dream

todd360

I don't know if I want ussop to lead a second division. We wouldn't get to see him as much.

Edit: plus he probably wouldn't get to see raftel.

dani_dc

I don't know if I want ussop to lead a second division. We wouldn't get to see him as much.

Edit: plus he probably wouldn't get to see raftel.

I'm guessing any type of "end-game" arc would have all the crews under the Straw Hats together.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I feel like Usopp will have to get Armament Haki too, in order for his magnificent bullets to actually be worth a damn vs any Logia dudes. Those Kuja ladies can manage it, I don't see why he can't train himself to do it. It's not super unreasonable for dudes to have both, I'm pretty sure Zoro and Sanji both have both.

Xux

Jeeze, what a fantastic chapter. Usopp has the best fights. They should make a book about how to write comic book fights and just have Usopp on the cover.

smurfx

get some go again

Chopper - Reinforcement
Franky - Same as Robin
Brook - Reinforcement
robin definitely needs reinforcement haki. not only would she be able to have better defense but her attacks could cause major damage now.

Hypron

Only Zorro will get conquerors haki, and that will probably piss off Sanji.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro were to get conqueror's haki at some point too. He's the strawhat equivalent to Rayleigh (completely loyal right hand man with an iron will) and that guy had conqueror's haki.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wait, so when Usopp saw the auras, he awakened Haki? Pretty cool. Also, it's safe to assume if Luffy has his Haki, that Doflamingo probably has his too. This fight is going to be one for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom