• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
robin definitely needs reinforcement haki. not only would she be able to have better defense but her attacks could cause major damage now.

Yeah think she kinda needs it, imagine a giant arm coming out of the ground and suddenly it turns black.

KageZero

While I didn't expect him to be on par with Doflamingo, the fact he got dropped like a scrub doesn't help him at all.

Well to be fair doflaming scubed everyone else as well including law and luffy, It's an usual thing that the strawhats lose their first encounter with every main foe. Talking about sanji strength he is just a little behind zoro judging from the story so far.

KHlover

Banned
I think we haven't seen him yet as an adult until yesterdays Special. I could be wrong though.

Don't think so either (stopped watching the anime when they went to < 1 chapter/episode), but the Episode discussions make me think it'll ony be a few more weeks until Sabo.

Jigolo

It's worth it if you stick around for the end credits. :p
tumblr_nb5b8sNnch1rnoltyo1_500.gif

tumblr_nb5b8sNnch1rnoltyo2_500.gif

Considering it's the Manga thread shouldn't have an issue posting these.
Watched the first 10 min then skipped all the way to this. Lol

Jigolo

Is anyone expecting to see a power up for Luffy in this fight? A new gear version perhaps?

Yeah I remember reading some stuff about Gear 4th when 3D2Y special was announced. Oda was hinting at shit so I wouldn't be surprised.

I would love to see some Red Hawk action though. Imagine that move performed when not underwater.

Moaradin

Watched the first 10 min then skipped all the way to this. Lol

Should have watched it. It's nice for a One Piece TV special. It's nice to see One Piece with good animation for once. The final fight was pretty good.

I would love to see some Red Hawk action though. Imagine that move performed when not underwater.

He does it in 3D2Y. Looked way better animated than when it was used in Fishman Island.

Kater

Banned
What is Red Hawk anyway?

He mentions that it has something to do with Ace's death in the 3D2Y special episode in the fight against World but I can't remember why or how he got it.

This fight will be Lucci fight levels of epic. I actually cannot wait to see doflamingo put under some combat pressure.

We really haven't seen him stress in a fight. He seemed to handle Law with relative ease, Heck even when Aokiji was standing over him and then freezing him he seemed to shake it off with confidence.

Another thing I'm curious about is if he can maintain bird cage while fighting at full strength or will be be forced to drop the cage when being pushed.

Hmm I can't stop thinking about all the possibilities! And that's just one of the fights....

jbug617

Banned
What is Red Hawk anyway?

He mentions that it has something to do with Ace's death in the 3D2Y special episode in the fight against World but I can't remember why or how he got it.

It's a homage to Ace. I think it's more of Luffy overheating in Gear Second.

That Luffy special episode...was not needed.

Oh well, at least we got to see Hancock again.
It was better than anything in the anime for ages. The anime has just been one long camera pan for years. We got some spotlight on other characters which was great and the Oda designed villains were decent.

I don't believe that at all. I'm going to need a proper fight in the future showing Sanji's progression since the timeskip. Yeah, it's cool he can run across the sky, but I want to see a tangible increase in strength. Zoro has already shown some of his upgrades. Hell, Usopp just activated his Haki which honestly puts him over Sanji for me at the moment.

I don't know what's going on with oda but he really needs to step it up with my man sanji. I'm honestly dreading when we get back to the big mom pirates and sanji's group. I'm willing to bet sanji's group loses or get's captured. Either that or jinbei or law's crew come along and help the strawhats out. Also i wouldn't put ussopp above or anywhere near sanji tbh. His sniping skills are great and only going to get better, but sanji has way more raw power and endurance that ussop and is a powerhouse for the strawhat pirates. Hopefully sanji gets a badass mr prince/hunter moment soon.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Possible; as far as I'm concerned, I still don't have the feeling of having seen Luffy's true power after the time skip.
I don't think we've seen luffy or zoro's full power. Zoro might actually be stronger than luffy right now, but I expect luffy to get new power ups (new gear or something).

I personally think we haven't really seen Luffy, Zoro, or Sanji's true capabilities yet. Sure, Luffy beat the shit out of Don Chinjao and stuff, but he didn't really break too much of a sweat. Sure, Zoro scared the crap out of Monet and demonstrated his ability to cut her with Haki, but he hasn't really broken a sweat in a fight yet. Sanji has fought both Vergo (One of Mingo's top executives, but Sanji was weakened by the poison and Nami being in his body for a while at the time I believe) and Doffy, and I'll admit, he was no match for Doffy. The only Straw Hat that would stand a chance against Doffy is Luffy.

And to people saying that Sanji is weak? Please. Have you been paying attention for the past 15 years? Oda quite obviously spells it out many times: Sanji is much closer in "Power Level" to Luffy and Zoro than he is to the other Straw Hat pirates. He may not be equivalent to Zoro, but he is definitely in that realm. They are painted as rivals for a specific reason.

Also, I subscribed to this thread because I just caught up in the Manga yesterday. I watched the entire show last year and have been anime only since July and got sick of avoiding spoilers (I got spoiled that Sabo returns, however I never got spoiled for anything else like the fact that he eats Ace's fruit which was fucking badass) and I chose a hell of a time to catch up. What a wonderful world and story that One Piece is; I'm so glad my buddy introduced me to it last April!

It was better than anything in the anime for ages. The anime has just been one long camera pan for years. We got some spotlight on other characters which was great and the Oda designed villains were decent.

What was it about? might have to check it out as Ive not watched he show since around Impel down.

What was it about? might have to check it out as Ive not watched he show since around Impel down.

-New Villain is introduced
-Quick Recap of Marineford (Ace's Death)
-3D2Y revelation for Luffy
-Haki Training with Rayleigh
-Boa Hancock adventures with Luffy to take down New Villian

I personally really enjoyed it. I wish we would have seen more of the Straw Hat crew, but that's just a nitpick. It's mainly about Luffy overcoming Ace's death and mastering his Haki.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Volume 75 is out in Japan. SBS info is starting to come out.

Here's the ages of the Donquixote Family

Doflamingo:41
Trebol:49
Sugar:22 (ate the Hobby Hobby Fruit at 10)
Violet:29
Jiolla:61
Monet:30
Diamente:45
Lao G: 70
Machvise:52
Senor Pink:46
Dellinger:16
Pica:40
Gladius:33
Bufalo:30
Baby 5:24
Vergo:41

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
And to people saying that Sanji is weak? Please. Have you been paying attention for the past 15 years? Oda quite obviously spells it out many times: Sanji is much closer in "Power Level" to Luffy and Zoro than he is to the other Straw Hat pirates. He may not be equivalent to Zoro, but he is definitely in that realm. They are painted as rivals for a specific reason.
This. Sanji is seen as weak because he hasn't gotten moments that highlight his strength like Zoro has (Whiskey Peak, Thriller Bark, being a Supernova). I'm waiting for him to have a character arc that shows how capable he is. I honestly hope he's the one to take out Big Mom, or at least do something during that arc that's been set up.

Kater

Banned
I don't think Caesar is with Doflamingo or on his crew, he just makes smile for him. He's like a business partner.
Hm, didn't Doflamingo say that he is his subordinate? I just read such a thing on the OP wiki after checking for any new entries for Caesars age.

During the Dressrosa Arc, Donquixote Doflamingo declared Caesar to be his direct subordinate, meaning Caesar is an official member of the Donquixote Pirates.

OPWiki - Caesar Clown

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This. Sanji is seen as weak because he hasn't gotten moments that highlight his strength like Zoro has (Whiskey Peak, Thriller Bark, being a Supernova). I'm waiting for him to have a character arc that shows how capable he is. I honestly hope he's the one to take out Big Mom, or at least do something during that arc that's been set up.

Sanji is not "weak" but he will be forever doomed to get third-rate bosses to fight against.

Also, Oda should really stop putting her female characters in absolutely ridiculous clothings. WTF is Rebecca even wearing for crying out loud.

Kater

Banned
Hard to completely trust the One Piece Wiki at times. They still force the use of "nakama".

I just checked the chapter (713) and Doflamingo calls Caesar his "cute subordinate". Hard to tell if it's just him mocking or if he is serious about it. He says it so that Fujitora won't take Caesar in.

Oh, and I like Caesars disguise by the way. Loving the work some cosplayers have already put in replicating his outfit.

Anime trope #1, middle aged characters always go down.

mrmickfran

MONET IS THIRTY!?! O_O

Lunar15

Haha, I loved that punch and how Law pulled it off. It was a bit confusing at first, but man it worked so well. Perfect use of Law and Luffy's talents at once.

KHlover

Banned
Hahahaha, 3D2Y had full-blown filler syndrome. Awful animation (Hancock looks completely off for just about the entire duratiion of the movie (I think the only time her face looked right was during her fight with the old hag) and overhyped in the beginning ("Destroyer of the World") just to end up jobbing against Luffy. With the twist that he didn't JUST job against Luffy, but against everyone else at well. Akainu and Hawkeye wrecked his shit. No matter how much stronger he might have been 30 years earlier - not one scene in the entire episode made it seem like he could make the marine so much trouble that instead of calling a Buster Call onto his ass they had to ally with pirates. The only cliche check for hyping fodder enemies they missed was making him fight with Roger :p

Zeppu

I didn't understand shit, but it's OK, I'm happy.

Luffy charged up a punch directly at Law. Law enabled his Room and used shambles, which bascially allows him to swap things around within the room. He swapped himself and Donflamingo just before Luffy's punch connected. Law was safe and within attack distance of Trebol, Doffy had no chance to react to Luffy's punch.

That was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom