• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

One Piece 759:

That combo move by Luffy and Law was great, although I wonder what the "real" plan was that Law wanted Luffy to do? Or maybe that was the plan all along and Luffy just rushed it?

Kain

Luffy charged up a punch directly at Law. Law enabled his Room and used shambles, which bascially allows him to swap things around within the room. He swapped himself and Donflamingo just before Luffy's punch connected. Law was safe and within attack distance of Trebol, Doffy had no chance to react to Luffy's punch.

That was amazing.

Aaaaah, I didn't catch the point of him aiming at Law, now I get it, thanks man.

So he's done....

Who, Doffy? Nah.

Kuldar

One Piece 759:

That combo move by Luffy and Law was great, although I wonder what the "real" plan was that Law wanted Luffy to do? Or maybe that was the plan all along and Luffy just rushed it?
I think it was the plan all along to fake a classic "Luffy can't wait" moment, so they can catch Trebol and Doflamingo off guard.

xbgamer

Banned
Sooo.... other One Piece fans, how many more chapters for this fight? How many more chapters for this arc?

Bonus Question: Since most of the navy is on Dressrosa and they have seen that Law and the Strawhats made fools of them again by exposing Doflamingo's operation will the Strawhat Crew & Law get bounty increases?

Akainu

It's worth it if you stick around for the end credits. :p
tumblr_nb5b8sNnch1rnoltyo1_500.gif

tumblr_nb5b8sNnch1rnoltyo2_500.gif

Considering it's the Manga thread shouldn't have an issue posting these.

Whitebread was a punk. Now he's food for the fishes.

dabig2

Sooo.... other One Piece fans, how many more chapters for this fight? How many more chapters for this arc?

Bonus Question: Since most of the navy is on Dressrosa and they have seen that Law and the Strawhats made fools of them again by exposing Doflamingo's operation will the Strawhat Crew & Law get bounty increases?

Totally. Not only for their shenanigans on Dressrosa as a whole, but that whole alliance thing should raise their bounties by itself a decent amount. Talk about a threat to the WG!

Grudy

GAWD DAM DAT RED HAWK.

Great chapter again this week, finally things are heating up. Knowing Oda though I expect us to cut to zoro or sabo next week.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys notice that Doflamingo said "3rd Corazon"?
It sounds like "Corazon" is a title and Doffy's brother had a different name.

demidar

God DAMN that was a killer combo. That must've done a lot of damage. Seeing Law sitting on the throne, so insolent, I love it.

Absolute beast. Can't underestimate these guys, Mingo!

Also, poor Bellamy :( Sucks having your dreams stepped on like that, especially by your own idol.

Kreed

One Piece 759:

I think it was the plan all along to fake a classic "Luffy can't wait" moment, so they can catch Trebol and Doflamingo off guard.

I don't think that was part of the plan, since Law mentioned following the plan while Luffy was already rushing towards him, as well as Law throwing out his frustration. There was no need to throw in the "follow the plan" talk to fool Doflamingo, and if Luffy was following the plan, why mention it? I'm leaning towards the combo being what Law wanted to do, but maybe he wanted to do it later in the fight, maybe in a way that would have taken out Doflamingo completely or done something worse to him than a punch to the gut.

Zeppu

You guys notice that Doflamingo said "3rd Corazon"?
It sounds like "Corazon" is a title and Doffy's brother had a different name.

From Spanish/Galecian
♥ Corazon is heart
♦ Diamante is diamond
♣ Trebol is club
♠ Pica is spade

So yeah, Corazon is one of the titles for Dofla's elite card themed officers.

Big One

Banned
Can we agree that Doflamingo has been on it in this arc? He's quickly becoming one of my favorite villains of all time. He's just so deliciously evil and vile in every way. Can't wait to see the Corazan flashback.

Can we agree that Doflamingo has been on it in this arc? He's quickly becoming one of my favorite villains of all time. He's just so deliciously evil and vile in every way. Can't wait to see the Corazan flashback.

He's great. That last chapter when he was just walking down the sewer corridor was a major oh shit moment

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
From Spanish/Galecian
♥ Corazon is heart
♦ Diamante is diamond
♣ Trebol is club
♠ Pica is spade

So yeah, Corazon is one of the titles for Dofla's elite card themed officers.

Hmm, makes me wonder what the other three's real names are.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece 759:

I don't think that was part of the plan, since Law mentioned following the plan while Luffy was already rushing towards him, as well as Law throwing out his frustration. There was no need to throw in the "follow the plan" talk to fool Doflamingo, and if Luffy was following the plan, why mention it? I'm leaning towards the combo being what Law wanted to do, but maybe he wanted to do it later in the fight, maybe in a way that would have taken out Doflamingo completely or done something worse to him than a punch to the gut.

Doflamingo is a sharp guy, and a guy like Law doesn't shout out about his "secret" plan by accident. If Luffy just rushed at Law ready to attack and Law wasn't freaking out like Luffy was throwing out the plan, Doflamingo would have caught on much faster what they were trying to do. Even as it was, Doffy figured it out as soon as Law put his Room up. He just couldn't do shit about it at that point. So it would have just been to keep Doflamingo distracted until the very last second.

The only thing that suggests that Luffy might actually have been breaking the plan after all was after the attack when Law was still basically cursing him out. But even that might have just been the usual mildly antagonistic banter between the two of them, rather than resulting from Luffy doing something wrong.

Kreed

Doflamingo is a sharp guy, and a guy like Law doesn't shout out about his "secret" plan by accident. If Luffy just rushed at Law ready to attack and Law wasn't freaking out like Luffy was throwing out the plan, Doflamingo would have caught on much faster what they were trying to do. Even as it was, Doffy figured it out as soon as Law put his Room up. He just couldn't do shit about it at that point. So it would have just been to keep Doflamingo distracted until the very last second.

The only thing that suggests that Luffy might actually have been breaking the plan after all was after the attack when Law was still basically cursing him out. But even that might have just been the usual mildly antagonistic banter between the two of them, rather than resulting from Luffy doing something wrong.

I'm not suggesting Law said "secret plan" by accident. IMO Law was trying to convince Luffy not to attack Doflamingo for the second time/not to lose his temper by reminding him of the plan. Plus I doubt Law insulted Luffy for no reason at the end of the chapter. So far he's only insulted Luffy for doing stupid things, vs Sanji/Zoro banter from just not liking each other.

You could be right about saying "secret plan" to fool Doflamingo, but I think that is what Luffy's threats to Law and Law insulting Luffy were supposed to accomplish alone, in addition to Luffy rushing towards him. But if there is any merit to my theory, Oda will have Law mention it next chapter (possibly a flashback of their conversation about the plan as well).

Where the heck is Zoro? I thought he was going to fight that giant dude with sword who seems second in command? That Soldier guy is gonna get killed. And OMG why is Sanji by himself with Big Mom?!?!

Just like to say, I've finally found my place on GAF. over 11 pages of people discussing one of the things I absolutely love! Hands down the best arc for me (at least animated) has been the Rob lucci world government one with Robin crying and Luffy's final battle. Hopefully this rises up there with the rest or at least gets close.

Still want to see luffy vs. Coby...
Boa Hancock to come back in the series...
Luffy to finally show love interest and stop be asexual, he's like 19 for goodness sake...
Zoro have another near-death...

And guys, why do you keep saying Sanji got mangled by Dofi? Dofi is a MONSTER of a character, an underworld lord. If you aren't familiar with his moves, he could kill you. it's the same as luffy beating the guy in Sky Island, he was WAAAY above Luffy's level, but luffy as just the right guy to beat him with his immunity. Dofi trapping Sanji doesn't make him weak. Sanji has two haki's, can walk on the sky, and can swim as fast as fishmen. And I'm sure he has some food/medicine concoctions to boost his body passed normal limits. Oda will let hims shine again, heck he might just wreck Big Mom's crew by himself!

Where the heck is Zoro? I thought he was going to fight that giant dude with sword who seems second in command? That Soldier guy is gonna get killed. And OMG why is Sanji by himself with Big Mom?!?!

Just like to say, I've finally found my place on GAF. over 11 pages of people discussing one of the things I absolutely love! Hands down the best arc for me (at least animated) has been the Rob lucci world government one with Robin crying and Luffy's final battle. Hopefully this rises up there with the rest or at least gets close.

Luffy to finally show love interest and stop be asexual, he's like 19 for goodness sake...

And guys, why do you keep saying Sanji got mangled by Dofi? Dofi is a MONSTER of a character, an underworld lord. If you aren't familiar with his moves, he could kill you. it's the same as luffy beating the guy in Sky Island, he was WAAAY above Luffy's level, but luffy as just the right guy to beat him with his immunity. Dofi trapping Sanji doesn't make him weak. Sanji has two haki's, can walk on the sky, and can swim as fast as fishmen. And I'm sure he has some food/medicine concoctions to boost his body passed normal limits. Oda will let hims shine again, heck he might just wreck Big Mom's crew by himself!

I think next chapter their gonna focus on Zoro and Soldier (at least i hope so) because thsoe two battles are still going on.

but sanji, i lost track of him. when the hell did he get to big mom??? did that really happen?

Anteater

I think next chapter their gonna focus on Zoro and Soldier (at least i hope so) because thsoe two battles are still going on.

but sanji, i lost track of him. when the hell did he get to big mom??? did that really happen?

If I remember correctly, Sanji and Nami escaped Dofy and they went straight for the next island and ended up running into Big Mom's crew on their way, Big Mom's crew attacked them because they were after Caesar, Sanji asked Luffy to give him permission to fight back, and that's the last time we saw him.

Luffy probably won't have a love interest dude... (i can only see him married / with a family in the epilogue). Though, i really wanna see Hancock again.

And i'd rather not know where Sanji is now to be honest. Let's focus on the closure of this arc and then jump to the next...

Luffy probably won't have a love interest dude... (i can only see him married / with a family in the epilogue). Though, i really wanna see Hancock again.

And i'd rather not know where Sanji is now to be honest. Let's focus on the closure of this arc and then jump to the next...
yeah I know it isn't likely...but it's just getting unrealistic at this point. And I'm not for romance in manga taking center stage, but it does add weight to deaths/protection scenes when a love interest is involved. That's why I like the Hancock stuff, very comedic in tone, but it seemed like she might genuniely die for Luffy if it came to it. That stuff always gets too me...

Lunar15

Oda's said countless times that Luffy is basically the embodiment of a 10 year old child in a 19 year old's body. He's really not interested in a romantic relationship.

hohoXD123

We'll probably get back to Zoro soon, there are quite a few major fights going on at the same time right now.

Yeah Enies Lobby was the best arc so far imo, really enjoyed Arlong Park arc too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom