• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doflamingo was tough as balls, which makes it hard for me to even imagine a serious fight with Kaido happening shortly after.

I think Kaido wiping the floor with the Kid alliance will set the tone for what's ahead, if that happens.

Kaido looks insanely strong. Like I was very impressed with how tough DF was, but Kaido looks like he would crush Luff in Gear 4 at the moment...

bjork

Think we'll ever see Kuro or Krieg again? Arlong was supposedly captured, but Kuro and Krieg left and then that was it, no cover story arc or anything.

Raonak

Banned
Sanji just needs to learn some armament haki. The lack of it is a serious hinerdence. Even those 2 samurais have it.

Squishy3

Sanji just needs to learn some armament haki. The lack of it is a serious hinerdence. Even those 2 samurais have it.
Sanji has armament haki. Vergo's and Doffy's are just better than his.

You can just never see when he uses it because he's always wearing full pants.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sanji is essentially leading his own regiment of Straw Hats at this point so I think he'll get his moment to shine soon.

Kater

Banned
I want Sanji to use some Okama Kenpo techniques at some point. Would be interesting to see some new tricks that he learned.

I love how everyone is so used to One Piece getting musou games that they are surprised to see regular fighting games (i.e. 1-on-1) even though those kinds of games are far more common. It's true though, this may be the first fighting game for One Piece this gen. I wish the team behind the Naruto games would do a One Piece game. I'm not big on Naruto, but those games are great.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I dont think 1:1 OP fighting games for consoles are common at all :) The last ones are over a decade old...

Lunar15

There's so much focus on the brothers in all the games and marketing for One Piece, but I've always found it to be one of the least interesting parts of the series.

There's so much focus on the brothers in all the games and marketing for One Piece, but I've always found it to be one of the least interesting parts of the series.

By "all games", do you mean PW3 and potentially this new game?

Meh, it's just temporary. It's a big deal right now since the trio was somewhat recently announced relatively speaking, and there's a lot of fuss about it. OP games released in a year or two won't have that marketing focus.

It's interesting how different people think of different characters. Like I thought that Bellamy was a waste of time and a pointless character all through Dressrosa but I listen to the One Piece podcast and they love the guy and could talk just about him all the time.

Kornflayx

Ugh, Bellamy is literally the worst character in all of One Piece. Every time he tells someone to kill him, I was begging for it to happen. He's the only character that legitimately makes me angry.

Lunar15

By "all games", do you mean PW3 and potentially this new game?

Meh, it's just temporary. It's a big deal right now since the trio was somewhat recently announced relatively speaking, and there's a lot of fuss about it. OP games released in a year or two won't have that marketing focus.

Well, even before Sabo and, honestly, even before Marineford, Ace has gotten loads of attention. He's a popular character, so I get it, but personally I just don't see the allure.

Oxn

It's interesting how different people think of different characters. Like I thought that Bellamy was a waste of time and a pointless character all through Dressrosa but I listen to the One Piece podcast and they love the guy and could talk just about him all the time.

Ugh, Bellamy is literally the worst character in all of One Piece. Every time he tells someone to kill him, I was begging for it to happen. He's the only character that legitimately makes me angry.

Bellamy is terrible. His dressrosa form is even worst.

Sabo is mostly service for female fans I think.

But hey, I found some sexy Brook fan art on tumblr.

tumblr_nddy2dj8ZO1r5yu1ko1_500.jpg
d1a195966de7f038081394d5ec86df51.jpg

Tizoc

Sooooooooooo when will Ch. 800 leaks pop up?

I wonder if Rebecca will be playable and if we'll have a 50 page thread about her on GAF.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooooooooooo when will Ch. 800 leaks pop up?

I wonder if Rebecca will be playable and if we'll have a 50 page thread about her on GAF.

Wednesday evening or early Thursday.

I really hope that last part doesn't happen... it's getting tiring.

Russ T

Banned
Sabo is mostly service for female fans I think.

But hey, I found some sexy Brook fan art on tumblr.

tumblr_nddy2dj8ZO1r5yu1ko1_500.jpg
d1a195966de7f038081394d5ec86df51.jpg

Damn Brook is awesome. I always forget how awesome he is. Like just the character design, but I like his character, too. Those are some good fan arts.

I hope he gets more big parts in the next arc. D:

Kater

Banned
It's cool. Just found the irony a bit funny. :D

Anyway, Brook fanart! I just found something as well, just by coincidence.

tumblr_mpa9x4F8Ek1r9kihvo1_1280.jpg

(source)

I forgot, was it ever explained if he can survive everything as long as he stays out of the water? Since if he's in the water he's dead, right? No powers, no living dancing pervy skeleton as far as I understand that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just read the Ohara backstory again.

So Nico Olvia had a high Bounty, we just can't see the full bounty. And she became a archeologist because it was the will of her husband( and most likely Robin's father).

Hope we will have some huge backstories revealed sometime

Spike-Chunsoft making a One Piece game? No thanks

I loved what they were going for with him in Dressrosa, but I think he was of the elements that got squashed in all the chaos.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Brooke is an amazing character and Straw Hat and I hope he gets a proper body by the end of the series. Skull Joke is hilarious but I really feel for the guy

Bellamy is a piece of shit in Jaya and a slightly redeemed and more sympathetic but still arrogant character in Dressrosa. I kind of wish he never came back, he fit much better as a 100% jerk.

Supringu Hoppa

Yeah, if anything, that'd be Ace, of the Perpetually Shirtless Pirates.

Not them either. There's no such thing as "service for females" in One Piece. It doesn't even make sense. In fact, it's a perverted way of thinking altogether. All these characters were created for story-telling purposes; they're not made just to be "eye candy" or some such, that's just bizarre. And on that note, you can find plenty of fan art for most major characters in One Piece, male or otherwise, so it's not like characters need to be created exclusively to serve such needs, as it were.

Russ T

Banned
Not them either. There's no such thing as "service for females" in One Piece. It doesn't even make sense. In fact, it's a perverted way of thinking altogether. All these characters were created for story-telling purposes; they're not made just to be "eye candy" or some such, that's just bizarre. And on that note, you can find plenty of fan art for most major characters in One Piece, male or otherwise, so it's not like characters need to be created exclusively to serve such needs, as it were.

Rebecca, tho.

With this new game I am starting to wonder how many more times I can possibly replay the early arcs of One Piece before I get tired of it like with Dragon Ball games.

Russ T

Banned
With this new game I am starting to wonder how many more times I can possibly replay the early arcs of One Piece before I get tired of it like with Dragon Ball games.

Yeah I'm not really too stoked about doing the Saiyan saga again. I liked Xenoverse quite a bit, but that's it for a long time.

God I'd kill for an OG Dragon Ball game, though...

Veelk

Banned

Uh...help me out here, is this sarcasm or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom