• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope they license the song when they recreate that scene in the anime. Hopefully it receives a bit of budget too.

That's why AMVs exist.
I just hope Toei doesn't skimp out on it... the quality in Dressrosa has been really up and down. Some episodes are fantastic, others are awful

Aww but i like the idea of the gravity sword better
Ehh, I think it's more badass to see him using his body, or maybe even nothing at all, to manipulate grabity.
You know what would be super cool, kind of to just show that hey, Doffy is not stronger than me and this is how ill show it without actually fighting him?

Lift dressrosa out of the water.
Sink Doffy's prisoner ship, "Bitch you forgot something!"
Yeah I remember when he was gambling he struck those guys with his sword & then when sheathing it the gravity took over.

I hate to say it the majority of people really think 800 is going to have something to do with Big Moms tea party
Someone on Reddit posted a cool prediction that we'll see both Big Mom and Kaido with their full appearences declaring war against the Alliance.

Come ooooon, I wish it was tomorrow :/

Dude I seriously need to know where the Chinese Raws come from that Mangapanda gets cause I have no clue how to read japanese but can probly figure out what's going on before they release their translated version

Veelk

Banned
Someone on Reddit posted a cool prediction that we'll see both Big Mom and Kaido with their full appearences declaring war against the Alliance.

Come ooooon, I wish it was tomorrow :/

Hm...you know, if any of the Yonko were to decide to ally themselves, they would pretty much be unstoppable to any single individual. You'd think the Yonko would do that just to destroy the world government or something. Kaido wants to truly throw this world into chaos, if he just promises Big Mom some candy, he would literally destroy the only standing structure of global order.

Hm...you know, if any of the Yonko were to decide to ally themselves, they would pretty much be unstoppable to any single individual. You'd think the Yonko would do that just to destroy the world government or something. Kaido wants to truly throw this world into chaos, if he just promises Big Mom some candy, he would literally destroy the only standing structure of global order.
Not what I meant, but it's an interesting thought. I wonder how much agency the marines and WG have in preventing these meetups between Yonko or of they just jope for the best.
It makes me wonder if the WG have some kind of weapon or deterrent in case something would happen like that, but then why didn't they use it during the Paramount War? Maybe the stakes weren't high enough.
I dont see why they would need to team up to do that.
No, not them teaming up. Seperate panels where Kaido finds out about Doffy and Big Mom gets hit with the explosive from Fishman Island. They both declare their hatred for the alliance.

Veelk

Banned
Not what I meant, but it's an interesting thought. I wonder how much agency the marines and WG have in preventing these meetups between Yonko or of they just jope for the best.
It makes me wonder if the WG have some kind of weapon or deterrent in case something would happen like that, but then why didn't they use it during the Paramount War? Maybe the stakes weren't high enough.

If they have something like that, and it doesn't cost a thousand orphan children's souls to power it, they're fucking idiots for not having used it in Marineford.

So yeah, they probably have something like that.

If they have something like that, and it doesn't cost a thousand orphan children's souls to power it, they're fucking idiots for not having used it in Marineford.

So yeah, they probably have something like that.
Definitely, lol.

Or maybe when Marejois is directly threatened and all the people who matter are gonna die then shit will go down.

But then again if Fisher Tiger did so much damage, imagine what a fucking Yonko could do. I don't get it.

Also, this Reddit pic is what I was talking about (sans Luffy and BB).
ntWEaOW.png

Veelk

Banned
Definitely, lol.

Or maybe when Marejois is directly threatened and all the people who matter are gonna die then shit will go down.

But then again if Fisher Tiger did so much damage, imagine what a fucking Yonko could do. I don't get it.

The marines have failed in every overarching goal they have set for themselves.

Kill Roger to end piracy -> Start new era of piracy
Hire Shichibukai to control the worst pirates -> every single one of them subvert government at their inclination
Destroy Ohara to preserve secret -> literally only child that knows the secret escapes
Smoker goes on chase to catch Luffy -> never catches him despite being much stronger
Kill Ace and Whitebeard to discourage piracy -> Encourages piracy yet again

Their entire story arc thus far has been "Don't fuck up....I fucked up". So the idea that they have a super weapon they can't competently use is pretty in line with their methods.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's so much focus on the brothers in all the games and marketing for One Piece, but I've always found it to be one of the least interesting parts of the series.

Totally agreed.

I didn't care at all about the flashback of Luffy, Ace, and Sabo---in fact, I found Sabo to be a pretty cheap character for a series that's all about setting things up. We had this suddenly important childhood friend introduced we'd never heard of, and it was so painfully obvious he wasn't really dead and Oda was gonna make him important.

It's true any of the Emperors could probably team up and bring down Marine HQ (if they were facing the same situation Whitebeard was at Marineford) but that would certainly leave them vulnerable to an attack from another Emperor, and I doubt most of them would be willing to destroy the World Government at all costs.

Veelk

Banned
It's true any of the Emperors could probably team up and bring down Marine HQ (if they were facing the same situation Whitebeard was at Marineford) but that would certainly leave them vulnerable to an attack from another Emperor, and I doubt most of them would be willing to destroy the World Government at all costs.

Are you kidding? The Marines got their shit kicked in. Whitebeard did more damage alone than literally his entire armada. The only people who had a chance of damaging him were the Admirals. That was Whitebeard alone. If two Yonko's decided they were going to just throw the world into chaos, they'd basically walk through them. And the marines did all they could to prepare for the whitebeard war too, purposely drawing them there. In comparison, if two Yonko's just decided to eff the marines, all they'd need to do is walk up to their front lawn and wreck shit. No one would be able to do anything.

This is assuming that the Yonko's are all equally powerful as Whitebeard. Blackbeard might or might not be, but Kaido definitely is, and Big Mom atleast has a chance of being.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If anything I was disappointed Luffy didn't actually have a biological brother.

Roger having a son was totally left field but also totally believable and awesome, so I guess it evens out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
By the way the manga portrayed it I think its fairly obvious that Whitebeard was even a level ahead of the other emperors. He was dying though. That's just in terms of a pure one on one fighter, who knows about how the various fleets and territorial concerns worked themselves out. The rest of his family were pretty scrubby though.

Veelk

Banned
By the way the manga portrayed it I think its fairly obvious that Whitebeard was even a level ahead of the other emperors. He was dying though. That's just in terms of a pure one on one fighter, who knows about how the various fleets and territorial concerns worked themselves out. The rest of his family were pretty scrubby though.

We absolutely no metric by which to possibly predict their capabilities. Whitebeard could have been the strongest of them. He could have been the weakest. They could have been on the same level. We have literally seen nothing of the capabilities of the other Yonko besides Blackbeard.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We absolutely no metric by which to possibly predict their capabilities. Whitebeard could have been the strongest of them. He could have been the weakest. They could have been on the same level. We have literally seen nothing of the capabilities of the other Yonko besides Blackbeard.

It's more in the way they talked about him, of course we haven't seen shit about the other three.

Veelk

Banned
It's more in the way they talked about him, of course we haven't seen shit about the other three.

I doubt that many people had direct comparisons of powers between the 4 yonko's. They probably just saw one do something incredible and were like "The fuck is this guy's upper limit?!"

I can't imagine there is any single person in OP that has a reliable estimation of the 4's power that's also willing to share it.

Spoilers Ch.800
- Some pirate's ships appears in front of Yonta Maria fleet.
- Fujitora throws Dressrosa's rubble to the ships to help Luffy.
- Luffy, Bartolomeo and the other pirates exchange a cup of sake.
- All pirates escape from Dressrosa. Party starts.
- Luffy's new bounty is 500million

I'll drink to this chapter!

More
We don't know others' bounty yet.
It seems Leo will go back to Dressrosa when the party ends.
Fujitora thanks Luffy in a loud voice. But Sengoku hears it and Fujitora shows a funny face.

Veelk

Banned
At some point, the
bounties
just become worthless.
Especially for the relatively meager amount it was raised,
considering beating Doflamingo and having Fujitora publicly embarrass them was the biggest damage the strawhats have done to the government yet.

Honestly, who the hell is going to go "Well, shit, that 400,000,000 bounty was worthless, but for 500,000,000, I'll do it!"

Speaking of, where the hell ARE the
bounty hunters
of the series?
Zoro
was literally the only one, and he was only one when he was a total scrub. The moment they started being worth something decent, they stopped going after them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
At some point, the
bounties
just become worthless.
Especially for the relatively meager amount it was raised,
considering beating Doflamingo and having Fujitora publicly embarrass them was the biggest damage the strawhats have done to the government yet.

Honestly, who the hell is going to go "Well, shit, that 400,000,000 bounty was worthless, but for 500,000,000, I'll do it!"

Speaking of, where the hell ARE the
bounty hunters
of the series?
Zoro
was literally the only one, and he was only one when he was a total scrub. The moment they started being worth something decent, they stopped going after them.
Cactus dude in the coliseum was one. He thanked Luffy for releasing all of the Impel Down prisoners because it gave him a lot of work.

More spoilers. In depth summary from Aohige at AP forums this time
uffy tells them he's not drinking it. He doesn't even like booze.
Barto insists, since after this incident the Straw Hats will be chased by bigshots of the world, but Luffy tells him if he drink this, he'll be a fleet captain for all these ships.
Barto tells him Luffy sempai will become the pirate king one day, even this massive fleet isn't enough to tackle the world.

Zoro tells them it's no use trying to convince Luffy, and to pour the sake into his mug. (he just wants to drink booze)
Orlumbus tells Luffy that strength is no match for numbers, and he will need their force one day.
Luffy tells him it's all too cramped and stuffy. Luffy asks if there's any food, he's more interested in eating right now.
Cavendish tells him how dare he decline, a big star like myself is willing to join as a follower, while Sai and Ideo thinks about beating Luffy up and forcing him to drink.

Luffy tells them "I want to become the Pirate King! Not some important guy!"

Everyone has "?" above their heads, not understanding what he's talking about.
(meanwhile Zoro starts drinking the sake with his bare hands)

Luffy tells the pirates if there comes a time when he needs them, he'll yell out for help.
We don't need to be boss and henchmen. If you guys need help, yell for us! We'll come to help you, I'll never forget fighting Doflamingo along side you guys!

Barto finally understands, what "Pirate King" means to Luffy simply means being free.

At that very moment, canon fire attack shakes their ship.

Narrator notes the strange "Only Follower Sake cup" brought these seven men together as followers of Straw Hat Luffy.
These seven will continue to grow, and will cause a huge incident that goes down in history.
But no one know the tale just yet.
*goosebumbs*

Narrator notes the strange "Only Follower Sake cup" brought these seven men together as followers of Straw Hat Luffy.
These seven will continue to grow, and will cause a huge incident that goes down in history.
*goosebumbs*

Yes this part just sounds epic .

*goosebumbs*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Veelk

Banned
"Stuff will later happen with these characters I've given obvious foreshadowing significance."

Whew, here I was worried we'd never see these blatant placement characters again.

"Stuff will later happen with these characters I've given obvious foreshadowing significance."

Whew, here I was worried we'd never see these blatant placement characters again.

You should have seen how many people were saying these were throw away characters.
When they first show up years ago .
Of course over the last few months everyone realize they were going to be important .
Also what make the foreshadowing awesome is the last time the narrator said something like that was Ace vs BB.
Which end up causing the war arc , i expect this going cause something just as good with the yonko.

Veelk

Banned
You should have seen how many people were saying these were throw away characters.
When they first show up years ago .
Of course over the last few months everyone realize they were going to be important .
Also what make the foreshadowing awesome is last time we had something like that was Ace vs BB.
Which end up cause the war arc , i expect this going cause something just as good with the yonko.
Yeah, years ago. All anyone has been talking about for the last few months is how they're gonna be part of Luffy fleet.

Besides, the actual story content already confirmed it. They basically became the straw hats fleet by agreeing to come help and be helped when needed. So, law of checkovs gun says at some point Luffy is going to need them, presumably for the big war that we know is coming.

Not to kill anyone's hype over this, it's just redundant that's all.

...it does prove the narrator is omniscient in addition to being objective though, if it knows future events, to add to an earlier conversation.

...it does prove the narrator is omniscient in addition to being objective though, if it knows future events, to add to an earlier conversation.

Truth is even if we know what going to happen having a narrator say it makes it sound awesome.
I always enjoy that type of stuff in a story lol .
Having the narrator being omniscient .

Kornflayx

Luffy with 500 Million Bounty. Nice going there MP, 5 Million lol. And the last narration was just pure goosebumps. Same as with the Ace and Blackbeard narration after their battle.

YESSS!
Strahat Grand Fleet!!

Nice that Oda actually developed the crew in a way which I thought might be going against the SH ethos. It works though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Truth is even if we know what going to happen having a narrator say it makes it sound awesome.
I always enjoy that type of stuff in a story lol .
Having the narrator being omniscient .

I agree....its like being hyped for something that happened in the Chapter...and Oda reinforcing the fact that you should be hyped lol.

Chariot

Haha, I was worried for nothing.
I rolled my eyes at the idea of Luffy just refusing, but the seven refusing his refusal in turn made it for me. That's truly a strawhat fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom