• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
But u guys
How much is
god usopp's bounty?

i2NncpcC.jpeg

Truth is even if we know what going to happen having a narrator say it makes it sound awesome.
I always enjoy that type of stuff in a story lol .
Having the narrator being omniscient .

Yeah, the narrator is basically the hype creator or gives a little bit of colour to the cultures/places in the story.

So is it too early to speculate that this point in the New World could be equivalent to when Ace fought Blackbeard and the Narrator said foreshadowing goosebump stuff?

Pieces slotting into place for a Luffy rescue arc. If Akainu captures Luffy it would be the end of the marines as we know it.

A big rescue arc is likely in the future just because it's a popular theme and we haven't had one in a while. Before this I would have picked Momonosuke as the most likely to be rescued but the foreshadowing is piling up on Luffy like crazy.

Pieces slotting into place for a Luffy rescue arc. If Akainu captures Luffy it would be the end of the marines as we know it.

A big rescue arc is likely in the future just because it's a popular theme and we haven't had one in a while. Before this I would have picked Momonosuke as the most likely to be rescued but the foreshadowing is piling up on Luffy like crazy.

I doubt that. Luffy is the story's catalyst...he simply can't be captured. That would be a pretty big blight against him. (well he was momentarily trapped by crocodile.) Also it would just be a repeat of what happened to Ace.

How does anything in this arc signify a Luffy rescue arc?

That doesn't make any sense given the way the story is moving towards its endgame.

Chariot

I doubt that. Luffy is the story's catalyst...he simply can't be captured. That would be a pretty big blight against him. (well he was momentarily trapped by crocodile.) Also it would just be a repeat of what happened to Ace.
Why not? It would male for an interesting story to have him captured by a ruse and his friends and maybe fleet getting him out, showing that neither Luffys leadership on sight nor his actual strength are what's important - it's the faith and the inspiration that elevates his people.

Chariot

Too many people are saying or implying that if anything ever happened to Luffy they would drop everything and run to him.
It's not like the strawhats have a lot of dutys. In fact how much has the whole fleet to do? They won't get fired by pirate corporate whe they don't clock in on raiding coasttowns and suffering scurvy.

Majukun

Too many people are saying or implying that if anything ever happened to Luffy they would drop everything and run to him.

it means they will come back for the battle against kaidou..remember that law clearly stated that the yonkou have huge organisation under them,and a single crew of a dozen guys will never be able to reach the yonkou...these 5600 guys help leveling a bit the battlefield when they will need to go in an all out war

especially since law's plan to take down kaidou wasn't really a plan at all...so they just pissed of kaidou,interrupted his access to smiles,but have no real second phase

Never say never ... after all they killed off SPOILER DBZ first arc
Goku in the first arc of DBZ for quite a while, resulting in having him running to King Kai for half the arc ... which was comedy relief at best, imo

Ruffy got big spotlights during the timeskip, the Marineford battle and the training with Rayleigh.
Ruffy captured with the focus on the crew trying to rescue him would be really nice.

@Chapter discussion:

So the Tontatta go back to Dressrosa after all? Damn, would have been awesome if Wicca stayed with Zorro, iirc she did a good job keeping Zorro from running around in the wrong directions! :)

I don't think we ever going to see a arc where luffy needs to be rescue .
In most arcs people save him all the time so i don't see one base around that .
What i do see this as is a sign of the up coming war with the yonko and how it going to change the OP world .
Luffy won't be like the other yonko who command other people .
I expect everyone under him going to be free and that is going to be a big change with how things work and that will play into the end game.

Why not? It would male for an interesting story to have him captured by a ruse and his friends and maybe fleet getting him out, showing that neither Luffys leadership on sight nor his actual strength are what's important - it's the faith and the inspiration that elevates his people.
There are many ways to display that without Luffy "losing", which goes against the theme of this second half of the series.

I think it's more likely that people will rally behind him once the world realizes the hidden secret the WG has been hiding and Luffy's fight against it.

Chariot

There are many ways to display that without Luffy "losing", which goes against the theme of this second half of the series.

I think it's more likely that people will rally behind him once the world realizes the hidden secret the WG has been hiding and Luffy's fight against it.
Where's the trouble with Luffy losing once in a while? He is a man, not a god. Let the marines make an elaborate trap. I am sure Akainu has no problem baiting Luffy with endangered civilians.

Kornflayx

Something is happening to separate Luffy from his crew. Sabo gave the SH crew Luffy's vivre card and everyone is saying how they would drop everything to come to his aid.

There's a reason why Oda is showing us all this. Is Luffy going to be captured in some way? I don't know, but I bet that Luffy (either alone or with 1 or 2 other people) is going to get separated from his crew.

Where's the trouble with Luffy losing once in a while? He is a man, not a god. Let the marines make an elaborate trap. I am sure Akainu has no problem baiting Luffy with endangered civilians.
I have no problem with it, but like I said, it goes against what we've seen so far and the significance of that crushing defeat two years ago where they vowed never to lose again. I just don't see any reason for it needing to happen right now.

Luffy being captured would basically be a repeat of that, unless he planned to be captured on purpose.

Something is happening to separate Luffy from his crew. Sabo gave the SH crew Luffy's vivre card and everyone is saying how they would drop everything to come to his aid.

There's a reason why Oda is showing us all this. Is Luffy going to be captured in some way? I don't know, but I bet that Luffy (either alone or with 1 or 2 other people) is going to get separated from his crew.
Or it could just be that they come together for the finale or a big "war" in the future.

Before the time skip luffy lost a lot of times .
Even after the time skip we had him lose vs CC and he would be dead if people did not buy time for him vs don .
Yeah at the end of the day he end up winning but it's not like he has been made to look godly .

That was a fantastic chapter! The character interactions, Fujitora
being caught saying thanks
and
the unapproved but official Strawhat fleet and the way it was made.
Just awesome stuff. Bart's reaction sums up the chapter quite well.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Good chapter. However, the panda translation said 5 million. I'm guessing that's supposed to read 500 mill? Gah, I could've been hyped.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Great chapter.

The fleet refusing his refusal was such a Luffy thing to do. Think back to all the members of the Straw Hats that refused at first. Zoro, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Franky.
Usopp was ecstatic to join, Robin joined by casually strolling in, and Brook was like "yeah sure, yohohoho".

Issho is now my favorite admiral. He's a total bro. He's above Kuzan (especially if it's true that Kuzan is working with Teach)

I think it's safe to say Dressrosa is over now.

Chariot

I have no problem with it, but like I said, it goes against what we've seen so far and the significance of that crushing defeat two years ago where they vowed never to lose again. I just don't see any reason for it needing to happen right now.

Luffy being captured would basically be a repeat of that, unless he planned to be captured on purpose.

Before the time skip luffy lost a lot of times .
Even after the time skip we had him lose vs CC and he would be dead if people did not buy time for him vs don .
Yeah at the end of the day he end up winning but it's not like he has been made to look godly .
No need yo have him undefeated. I don't think gets smacked next chapter, but I think it's possible at the end or after the next arc. Luffy is reasonably easy to capture when he is recovering from his last boss fight. It would really would make for poetic scenea where the Marines laugh about the Strawhats not being able to do anything without their captain and then them storming in Fairy Tail style, stating that he never gave commands and they do what they want anyways. Signifying again that people "under" Luffy are free and decide for themselves.

Syntsui

Luffy now has the same bounty as Chinjao, think about that for a second.

Amazing chapter, it was predictable but still... Isshou is the best admiral by far, can't way to see him turn his back against the government in the future.

Chariot

It's funny when luffy said that he's gonna be a pirate king and at the same thing he don't want to be a big shot. lol luffy
You should look into the man that we call "the Great" in retrospect and that was called "Old Fritz" by his people. King Frederick of Prussia was a very relevant man. He lived relatively poor for a king and used his money and wit to make people more equal. Before his rule only people of noble birth could get high ranks, but he believed in the ability, not the birthright of people. He also was a military genius and rode personally with his armies to war. Although he was anti-semitic, he was less so than other leaders of that time and gave jews protection and support, since he was welcoming all religions and cultures in his land (still racist for our time, but pretty forward for his time). He helped the poor people by taxing the rich. He was the origin of the legendary prussian discipline and efficience all while providing a good example and living humble and grounded and friend of the free spirited. Albeit the prussians were known for disciple, Old fritz would've liked Luffy and what he embodies.

Lunar15

Haha, that's the only way it really could be done with Luffy. He still gets the fleet, but he's in no way a leader of said fleet.

Anyway, yep, chapter 800 was a pretty pivotal moment. I'm satisfied by that.

Oh, also, I really love the idea of Luffy's fleet having both Giants and Dwarves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom