• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Just popping in here and reading a few of the posts makes me want to start reading again. I'm about two years behind now (stopped near the end of Fishman Island).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just popping in here and reading a few of the posts makes me want to start reading again. I'm about two years behind now (stopped near the end of Fishman Island).

Dressrosa has been hype as fuck.
Punk Hazard isn't too bad either.

We'll probably get back to Zoro soon, there are quite a few major fights going on at the same time right now.

Yeah Enies Lobby was the best arc so far imo, really enjoyed Arlong Park arc too.
yeah, i have to re-read a lot of the manga, skipped some stuff to get to the Law/Luffy parts. Usopp's battle is winning a lot of people over though.

Watching 3D2Y now...the whole war is done better in this 50 sec segment that the 15 anime it took for ONE THING to happen...good stuff, and Boa's back!

BatDan

yeah, i have to re-read a lot of the manga, skipped some stuff to get to the Law/Luffy parts. Usopp's battle is winning a lot of people over though.

Watching 3D2Y now...the whole war is done better in this 50 sec segment that the 15 anime it took for ONE THING to happen...good stuff, and Boa's back!

If I was a "swimming in money billionaire", I would fund an all new One Piece anime, one that's a bit more faithful to the manga (there are notable changes), with better animation and faster pacing.

todd360

I decided to stop buying one piece from the viz digital store to read on my tablet. I want to collect this series physically because its gonna look bad ass on a shelf once its over. I decided to ask for the one piece manga box set for Christmas. Gonna get the second box set that comes out this November with any Christmas money I may get. At that point I think I will just buy all of the time skip volumes and continue to get them as they come out. Will probably just wait for the other collection boxes to release to fill the blank spots in the collection. Actually wait I guess I would only need 1 more at that point. So I probably should only buy the dressrosa volumes. I think box set 3 would probably be up to punk hazard right?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
God DAMN that was a killer combo. That must've done a lot of damage. Seeing Law sitting on the throne, so insolent, I love it.

That smug as hell grin made the chapter for me. Also I am pretty sure that the room combo was the plan and they had to fake doffy out to make it work.

The only weakness to it is the fact I think Trebol DF is going to make him immune to Laws power. A man made of slime should be able to put himself back together.

Maedhros

yeah I know it isn't likely...but it's just getting unrealistic at this point. And I'm not for romance in manga taking center stage, but it does add weight to deaths/protection scenes when a love interest is involved. That's why I like the Hancock stuff, very comedic in tone, but it seemed like she might genuniely die for Luffy if it came to it. That stuff always gets too me...

No.

Fighting shonen authors can't do romance for shit. Hopefully he sticks with the neutral main character.

Awesome chapter. Finally, a good One Piece chapter for me!

Kater

Banned
I hope Luffy stays being asexual.
Would be out of character for him to fall in love with anyone, man or woman. :/

BHK3

Banned
I hope Luffy stays being asexual.
Would be out of character for him to fall in love with anyone, man or woman. :/

I really expect him to be married to boa with kids in the epilogue but he doesn't act any different or even know, just a straight cartoon little kid relationship.Boa would mention him as his husband and luffy would go "oh yeah, hancock asked me to do some thing(marriage) for her and that there would be meat, it was awesome! But she gets really mad when I go out on my adventure with my friends for long periods of time and I don't understand why :mad:." Like there's a family photo of him with boa+mini luffy and mini boa with a giant mizu in the kids and luffys mouth.

I really expect him to be married to boa with kids in the epilogue but he doesn't act any different or even know, just a straight cartoon little kid relationship.Boa would mention him as his husband and luffy would go "oh yeah, hancock asked me to do some thing(marriage) for her and that there would be meat, it was awesome! But she gets really mad when I go out on my adventure with my friends for long periods of time and I don't understand why :mad:." Like there's a family photo of him with boa+mini luffy and mini boa with a giant mizu in the kids and luffys mouth.
yup just like Goku and ChiChi lol...

Maedhros

It's kinda like I expect too.

But without a One Piece Z, lol.

Kater

Banned
That's the wquivalent of JK Rowlings epilogue to Harry Potter, No thanks. :/

Maedhros

That's the wquivalent of JK Rowlings epilogue to Harry Potter, No thanks. :/

Two completely different series, romance has a focus in Harry Potter, One Piece not (just for comic relief).

People expecting something in One Piece are setting themselves for dissapointment.

I really don't blame you for that. Fishman Island was a trainwreck of non-events. Dressrosa is full of great moments for the strawhat crew.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
as one of the ancient weapons maybe

I wouldn't be surprised if Uranus turned out to be the Mizu Mizu fruit
I always saw Fishmen as the substitute for a Mizu Mizu fruit. If it did turn out to be Uranus, and be the only fruit without a weakness, that would be awesome.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I love one piece! I don't know how the hell Oda does it. It's one of the greatest runs in comics I've ever seen. If berserk came out on a regular basis I would put it up there.

Mumei

Dressrosa has been hype as fuck.
Punk Hazard isn't too bad either.

I'm jealous of the marathon you're about to have.

You're in for a treat. :)

I'm looking forward to it, though I think I'll hold off still. I feel like One Piece works best when you can marathon huge chunks, so I go on long hiatuses. The first time I watched it (before I started reading), it was around the end of the Water 7 Saga, so I marathoned that (I was unemployed at the time. I won't say how many hours a day I spent watching, but the answer is: a lot). Then I dropped it for awhile, and caught up at the end of Thriller Bark. And then I kept watching on a weekly basis (still hadn't read the manga), but eventually got fed up of watching episodes with about 14 minutes of new content and a snail's pace each week. So, I read until around the time you-know-who dies, and then dropped it. And then I caught up a few years ago and read almost all of Fishman Island (from the beginning!).

Two completely different series, romance has a focus in Harry Potter, One Piece not (just for comic relief).

People expecting something in One Piece are setting themselves for dissapointment.
I will never stop believing...Boa is just TOO CUTE...

Either way, even if luffy doesn't warm up to there marriage proposal and just develops a stronger attachment to her like a crewmate, I just find her a fascinating character to have around, my wife loves her episodes too.

She's a the only OP character that I don't mind.

If I was a "swimming in money billionaire", I would fund an all new One Piece anime, one that's a bit more faithful to the manga (there are notable changes), with better animation and faster pacing.
yea, seeing the original stories remastered in those brief scenes, I would love to have those original nakami stories re-animated in HD as well...It looked SOOOOO good...Nami and Robin's Arcs are the best...

Kater

Banned
I will never stop believing...Boa is just TOO CUTE...

Either way, even if luffy doesn't warm up to there marriage proposal and just develops a stronger attachment to her like a crewmate, I just find her a fascinating character to have around, my wife loves her episodes too.

She's a the only OP character that I don't mind.
I just wish she was less of a fanservice character and more of a serious fighter.
3D2Y was just her getting almost naked and fighting against two weaklings.

I'm looking forward to it, though I think I'll hold off still. I feel like One Piece works best when you can marathon huge chunks, so I go on long hiatuses. The first time I watched it (before I started reading), it was around the end of the Water 7 Saga, so I marathoned that (I was unemployed at the time. I won't say how many hours a day I spent watching, but the answer is: a lot). Then I dropped it for awhile, and caught up at the end of Thriller Bark. And then I kept watching on a weekly basis (still hadn't read the manga), but eventually got fed up of watching episodes with about 14 minutes of new content and a snail's pace each week. So, I read until around the time you-know-who dies, and then dropped it. And then I caught up a few years ago and read almost all of Fishman Island (from the beginning!).

You are right about the bolded. One Piece, as any Shonen Manga is best enjoyed in binge reading chapters. But maybe you want to hold out a little bit longer, at least until this Arc is over. I bet it would make it worthwhile in the end.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm gonna give Luffy the credit for that punch. Sort of like some other Shonen leads, he's dumb overall, but he'll have some battle smarts. I think he trusted Law to figure out what he was doing. There may have been a plan beforehand, but this seemed pretty foolproof.

Going off this week's chapter I have a feeling that Bellamy is going to join the Straw Hats.

I could see that, but I hope not. Don't really like his power tbh.

And a side-note, since it seems Baby 5 and Dellinger's screentime (for lack of a better word) is pretty much done, I hope one of them gets a cover adventure, lol. A Senor Pink one could be great too.

This what I've been doing with the manga, which I'm still reading btw but have been too busy to write stuff here about the third volume (currently on volume 8).

smurfx

get some go again
The only weakness to it is the fact I think Trebol DF is going to make him immune to Laws power. A man made of slime should be able to put himself back together.
law's powers do work on logias though. we saw him remove smokers heart so he should be able to do it to trebol as well. also trebol's powers can also work against him since law can trade places with doflamingo and have any huge sticky attack hit him instead.

Going off this week's chapter I have a feeling that Bellamy is going to join the Straw Hats.
nothing would piss me off more than seeing this happen. he is extremely boring and that would mean we get him instead of jimbei. the crew needs somebody powerful and not somebody at chopper/brooke's level. he's better off creating his own crew again and becoming luffy's ally.

Kain

Speaking about a water fruit, what about the wind fruit? It hasn't been shown yet, right? I wouldn't be surprised if Roger himself or someone of his crew had the fruit and that was the reason they got that far in their quest.

Nah, I feel like he's gonna go his own way, find himself or something. Guy gets beaten by his idol TWICE, wished for death and is, I cant think of the right words, 'pitited' by Luffy, who he made fun of.

New crew member wise, I think it'd be hilarious if it was Cavendish forcing himself to join.

smurfx

get some go again
Nah, I feel like he's gonna go his own way, find himself or something. Guy gets beaten by his idol TWICE, wished for death and is, I cant think of the right words, 'pitited' by Luffy, who he made fun of.

New crew member wise, I think it'd be hilarious if it was Cavendish forcing himself to join.
he has plenty of people to choose from as well. a huge chunk of the people who were toys were pirates.

he has plenty of people to choose from as well. a huge chunk of the people who were toys were pirates.

As much as I remember, so far he's chosen Law, which aint happening. Cavendish forcing himself is a probability and Bart... I honestly dont know what Oda's gonna do with him.

smurfx

get some go again
As much as I remember, so far he's chosen Law, which aint happening. Cavendish forcing himself is a probability and Bart... I honestly dont know what Oda's gonna do with him.
oh i meant bellamy has a ton of people to choose from if he wanted to create a new crew. i have been rooting for jimbei/bonney to join the strawhats for a pretty long time now.

oh i meant bellamy has a ton of people to choose from if he wanted to create a new crew. i have been rooting for jimbei/bonney to join the strawhats for a pretty long time now.

Ah, alright, its possible he may get a new crew from there or he goes back to his old crew, whatever happened to them?

Jinbei will come, no doubt. Bonney, just looking her up, would be cool to have now that she's apparently solo. Oh and Blackbeard's crew has got to be the scummiest looking bunch of pirates I've ever seen in OP, aside from the fake Strawhats.

Acrylic7

So Zoro and Luffy are pretty even in strength correct? I know Luffy is the captain and all but I cant shake the feeling that if they fight it would go either way.

BatDan

Water Logia infused haki sounds terrifying. I would totally expect a future Strawhat to be one.

Oda said that Luffy will always be the strongest Straw Hat.
A water Logia with Haki is too OP for One Piece.

KageZero

So Zoro and Luffy are pretty even in strength correct? I know Luffy is the captain and all but I cant shake the feeling that if they fight it would go either way.

No, luffy will always be number 1 as it was stated few times in the manga indirectly. Zoro comes after him then sanji although the gap between them isn't that big

If I remember correctly, Sanji and Nami escaped Dofy and they went straight for the next island and ended up running into Big Mom's crew on their way, Big Mom's crew attacked them because they were after Caesar, Sanji asked Luffy to give him permission to fight back, and that's the last time we saw him.

wuh??? did i miss this chapter??? do you remember the chapter number???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom