• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

What if they can't get to Zou from where they are, so they need to go to Wano first and ride a flying dragon or something to get up there? Makes Wano the Jaya, make Zou the Skypeia, makes seeing the elephant the same as seeing the tall shadows from Skypeia.
While I like the idea, I doubt that they would make it much further. They really need get on Zou to not drown at the next storm. This would be a very different ending to Luffy's story than I imagined :p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just want to see Bepo again.

I've been reading back a bit and saw Oda stated he's the navigator for Law's crew.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I actually really dislike Kizaru. His power is cool but he looks dumb and his voice is super annoying. His attitude is unlikeable as well.

Pretty much all other admirals are cooler than him. Akainu serves his love-to-hate persona well. Kizaru is just... eh... him and his nephew can appear as little as possible and the series would be better off.

Chariot

Sanji is the prince and is going to sail around the world several times and uncover every secret in the world by the time Luffy is finished in wano!!!!111!!!11oneone
And then he is all

WzKQNoi.gif

smurfx

get some go again
What if they can't get to Zou from where they are, so they need to go to Wano first and ride a flying dragon or something to get up there? Makes Wano the Jaya, make Zou the Skypeia, makes seeing the elephant the same as seeing the tall shadows from Skypeia.
law can just teleport everybody on the elephant. in fact this is where luffy might have to say goodbye to barto since somebody has to stay behind on the ship. unless law teleports the ship as well.

law can just teleport everybody on the elephant. in fact this is where luffy might have to say goodbye to barto since somebody has to stay behind on the ship. unless law teleports the ship as well.

That's ridiculous, we have no idea if Law can create a room large enough to reach the top of the elephants back, and we don't know if Law can use Shambles to switch places with objects he can't see.

RomanceDawn

That's ridiculous, we have no idea if Law can create a room large enough to reach the top of the elephants back, and we don't know if Law can use Shambles to switch places with objects he can't see.

Not too ridiculous. We know he can create massive rooms so huge that people inside them aren't even aware they are up. Still that's probably nothing compared to the height of the elephant but we do know he creates multiple rooms that more or less over lap to constantly teleport and move great distances. It's within in reason that he could do something similar going up the elephant with a little careful planning.

Im guessing Sanji flew everyone up when they arrived.

smurfx

get some go again
Not too ridiculous. We know he can create massive rooms so huge that people inside them aren't even aware they are up. Still that's probably nothing compared to the height of the elephant but we do know he creates multiple rooms that more or less over lap to constantly teleport and move great distances. It's within in reason that he could do something similar going up the elephant with a little careful planning.

flew as in sky danced everybody on the elephant? what about the sunny? if they got on the elephant then they probably cola'd their way on top of it.

I more meant it's ridiculous to just brazenly state he could do it. I dont think it's outside the realm of possibility. Has Law been shown straight up teleporting? I thought he could only switch places with objects, in which case my second point still stands.

Also, the larger the room the more quickly Laws' stamina drains, so that's a factor too.

flew as in sky danced everybody on the elephant? what about the sunny? if they got on the elephant then they probably cola'd their way on top of it.

The sunny is shown next to one of the elephants legs while the crew is on it, sp they couldn't have used coup de burst

Lol, come on guys, where is the creativity? It's One Piece; there are a million ways they could climb up. It's not even a relevant concern. Luffy climbing in Drum Kingdom was way more hardcore.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Fishman Island had some hard hitting themes of racism. How deeply ingrained it can be and how sometimes it's nearly impossible to get rid of it in a single generation was some heavy and well written stuff. Fisher Tiger in particular - his story had a lot of depth to it. Hody was just flat out Fishman Gestapo.

Chariot

Fishman Island had some hard hitting themes of racism. How deeply ingrained it can be and how sometimes it's nearly impossible to get rid of it in a single generation was some heavy and well written stuff. Fisher Tiger in particular - his story had a lot of depth to it. Hody was just flat out Fishman Gestapo.
I don't think the Gestapo is what you think it is.

More like KKK.

Chariot

Well, yeah, Hody was less organized and more gangster than them. But you know what I mean.
The Gestapo was the Secret Service for a fascist government, Hody was nothing like that. They whole point was that he wasn't the government. KKK, NSU or any racist terrorist group would do, but not the Gestapo, really.

Veelk

Banned
Problem I take with hody is that it was made clear he was an out and out sociopaths. His whole character revolved around him fantasizing since childhood about causing as much wanton pain to the group he firmly "othered" as possible, in his case being humans, but also not having any particular affection for Fishman either. Fisher tiger was okay as far as racism commentary went but hodys problem was not racism. He was going to be a monster wherever and however he was raised.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
i think most villains in one piece so far are sort of sociopaths that are bad to everyone including their subordinates right?

Well Doflamingo was kinda interesting in that yeah he's a total psycho but he was extremely protective of his "family." Couldn't give four shits about his goons outside the executives tho.

i think most villains in one piece so far are sort of sociopaths that are bad to everyone including their subordinates right?

I can't think of any villain at all that's bad to their subordinates. Maybe Ener, but it was more in the line of him not caring and letting the strongest survive.

Chariot

I can't think of any villain at all that's bad to their subordinates. Maybe Ener, but it was more in the line of him not caring and letting the strongest survive.
Kuro was a bad boss, Croc didn't care much about his people, Capone shot one of his guys merely for suggesting that they shouldn't make something bad so close to Marine HQ, Moria didn't care much, ... lots of bad bosses around.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Doflamingo and the executives were totally dismissive of the lowest ranking subordinates, blowing them away and killing them with virtually zero interest.

Kuro cut through his own guys unrepentently, actively trying to kill them in fact.

Don Krieg was ready to poison all of his mooks, and even ordered Gin to discard his gas mask.

Hody definitely killed the various pirate crews working under him for fun, and threatened to kill others if they didn't get thrown at Shirahoshi.

Anteater

Well there's Arlong oh wait he treats Nami like shit, lol.

Davy Back Fight was a game that based on the fact the captain don't care about losing their subordinates to strengthen the crew though.

But I guess that's just how baddies are.

Kuro was a bad boss, Croc didn't care much about his people, Capone shot one of his guys merely for suggesting that they shouldn't make something bad so close to Marine HQ, Moria didn't care much, ... lots of bad bosses around.

Oh, Kuro is a good one. I forgot about Capone too, that's such a One Piece thing of killing someone just for making a suggestion, lol. Moriah, I think I disagree. He didn't care much, sure, but wasn't really bad to them. Most of them were shadows anyway.

Most of the bad guys in OP don't care about the fodder which is the whole crew maybe 2 or 3 the most they care about .
Hell the marines don't care about the fodder either lol .
As for hody i like him as a villain for the simple fact he got that way from his environment growing up .

link to the source (scroll down to post 292)

Highlight from recent interview

Oda: I practiced my drawing skill watching Disney's animation films such as "Peter Pan".

- Oda: Disney's art style was awesome back in the day when they were producing handmade animations. I watched "Little Mermaid" frame by frame and drew all characters and face expressions that impressed me."

- At first, Oda didn't intend to draw Senor Pink's past. Editor was moved when he heard the background of Senor in the meeting with Oda. His past is now popular among audience.

- Before Oda started ONE PIECE, editor Kushima told him that none of his female characters are cute, which shocked Oda most. Oda couldn't sleep at that night.

- Oda rarely takes a break holiday, but he meets his friends and manga teachers when Weekly Shonen Jump has double issues.

- Oda usually sleeps at 2 (night) and wakes up at 5 (morning)

link to the source (scroll down to post 292)

Highlight from recent interview

Oda: I practiced my drawing skill watching Disney's animation films such as "Peter Pan".

- Oda: Disney's art style was awesome back in the day when they were producing handmade animations. I watched "Little Mermaid" frame by frame and drew all characters and face expressions that impressed me."

- At first, Oda didn't intend to draw Senor Pink's past. Editor was moved when he heard the background of Senor in the meeting with Oda. His past is now popular among audience.

- Before Oda started ONE PIECE, editor Kushima told him that none of his female characters are cute, which shocked Oda most. Oda couldn't sleep at that night.

- Oda rarely takes a break holiday, but he meets his friends and manga teachers when Weekly Shonen Jump has double issues.

- Oda usually sleeps at 2 (night) and wakes up at 5 (morning)
Ah thanks for that was jus about to. The senior pink part is interesting glad he kept it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom