• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reaction to this chapters early translation

post-29824-R-Kelly-WTF-WHAT-gif-DAFUQ-Tra-WRJC.gif

Kater

Banned
Just read the translation you people were talking about.

brook__laugh_by_thee_dragon-d52tc7q.gif

Thankfully, most other sites have acceptable translations. 😉

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
All One Piece related companies are under the assumption that literally everyone in the country has read the manga.

That's why the third anime opening spoils Robin joining the crew 15 episodes before she actually does.

MSMrRound

All One Piece related companies are under the assumption that literally everyone in the country has read the manga.

That's why the third anime opening spoils Robin joining the crew 15 episodes before she actually does.

Same thing for the Dressrosa opening I suppose...now that you mentioned it.. Fuji=admiral, Flamingo-Fuji-Law three way etc

Oh right, he's immortal (afaik) and can regenerate from a lot with the help of some milk for his bones. That's probably better than the Ope-Ope Fruits power, at least in regards to making someone immortal. :/

Apropos Brooke, I really want to see him fight someone again.

People speculated that Jewellery Bonney was practically immortal since she can change her age to whatever she wants and may even be older than Brooke. But since Sugar came in it's possible that she has some sort of similar limit like the ages change back when she sleeps.

So how long do you think One Piece will go?

Still don't know what the Will of D is?

Where Devil Fruit's originate from?

The Void Century?

The weapons named after Greek/Roman Gods?

Luffy's Mom...

Seems a lot left to discover, another time skip will happen before the show is over I'm thinking.

So how long do you think One Piece will go?

As long as it needs to.

Oda says 10 more years. It'll probably be longer than that. I believe at one point he even said Skypiea was the halfway point. lol

I think it's mostly the newer One Piece fans who seem to be asking how many years does One Piece have left.
The older fans have stopped worrying about an end in sight.

BatDan

Does anyone think that Fujitora himself doesn't have the gravity fruit? Rather, his sword "ate" the fruit? His powers don't active unless he draws the sword.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does anyone think that Fujitora himself doesn't have the gravity fruit? Rather, his sword "ate" the fruit? His powers don't active unless he draws the sword.

It could be he needs to use the sword as a focus because he's blind. Like he knows how to use the sword and uses the fruit in conjunction with it because otherwise he can't fight.

Kater

Banned
People speculated that Jewellery Bonney was practically immortal since she can change her age to whatever she wants and may even be older than Brooke. But since Sugar came in it's possible that she has some sort of similar limit like the ages change back when she sleeps.
If that is true about Bonnie, we will definitely see her way more in the future.

I hope so anyway, she seems like the most sympathetic character outside of X Drake and Law of the Eleven Supernovas. The rest are either boring or really horrible like the pompous Eustass.

Xux

I don't understand what was the deal with the Ope Ope fruit. It basically saved Law from dying of an "illness"?
I'm guessing he Shambles-ed the illness onto someone else. Maybe Corazon? Or maybe Corazon sacrificed himself for Law and told him where to find it when it regrew if the ability doesn't just give them the fruit's power.

Might be the same that all One Piece moms die of

ftfy

when it isn't straight up murder that kills them anyways
I'm guessing he Shambles-ed the illness onto someone else. Maybe Corazon? Or maybe Corazon sacrificed himself for Law and told him where to find it when it regrew if the ability doesn't just give them the fruit's power.

but then what would his beef with Doflamingo be? why does he consider Doflamingo to have 'killed' Corazon?

Corazon knew something that Doflamingo didn't want him to. That's no doubt why dude has a glaslow smile and can't speak. Something about Mariejois' national treasure.

I think that Doflamingo wanted Corazon to use the Ope-Ope fruit so that he could eventually sacrifice himself to make Doffy immortal. Instead, due to some altercation (or long-standing beef over the event that made the dude into a mute), Corazon straight up gives the fruit to Law after they get close (because at that point the kid is basically already a doctor, and there's no way Corazon has already eaten the fruit, because he's a mute and if I were Ope-Ope I'd fix that shit), has Law use it to fix both of their afflictions, and gets ragekilled by Doflamingo who'd obviously be pissed and also doesn't want Corazon talking.

BatDan

Here's what we know about the Straw Hat parents

Luffy: Dad is alive and is the most dangerous criminal in the world, mom is unknown.
Zoro: Both parents are unknown, seemingly he was raised in the dojo.
Nami: Parents are dead, killed by pirates. She was raised by a former Marine that found her as a baby (who is also dead).
Usopp: Dad is alive, sailing with the Red Hair Pirates. Mom is dead from a mysterious disease.
Sanji: Parents are unknown, he was raised by Zeff in a restaurant.
Chopper: Possibly dead as they're reindeer, and reindeer live to be at least 18. Though this is a fantasy story so they could be strong reindeer that could live for years.
Robin: Parents are dead. Dad's death is unknown, mom was killed by the Buster Call.
Franky: It's known his dad is a pirate, whether he's dead or alive is unknown. Mom is unknown. He was raised by Tom.
Brook: More than likely long-dead as Brook is 90 years old (and kicking thanks to his DF power).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Franky: It's known his dad is a pirate, whether he's dead or alive is unknown. Mom is unknown. He was raised by Tom.
I wouldn't be surprised if we meet Franky's dad somewhere down the line.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Sugar and Jora's fruits are weird. They revert when the user is incapacitated yet similar fruits like Hancock's, Moria's, Law's and Ivankov's all stay permanently. I guess a distinction may need to exist between fruits that effect a person's physical self vs fruits that act more like temporary spells. If so, I'd guess she's the former since her fruit acts way more like Ivankov's and Law's than anything else.

Metal B

Sugar's, Law's and Hancock's powers are also not very consistent in the way Moria's Shadow-Power and Devilfruit them self work. Moria's effects could be negated with seasalt, since Devilfruit powers get weaken by the sea. Technically seawater and seastones should have the same effect. Only problem for the victims of Moria is, that you need to target the lost shadow and not the person them self.
So shouldn't victims of Sugar's, Law's and Hancock's powers not be released, if they come in contact with seasalt, seawater or seastones? The bodies, Law disconnects, still function normally, so there has to be an mystical connection between them and on the bodies. Sugar and Hancock should have similar problems, because the body of the victim is changed and could be brought in contact with seasalt.
Strangely no one in the series thought about this possibility or explained, why it doesn't work, yet. So it's a big plot hole in my book so far.

Ivankov's powers i could see as an exception of the rule. She pretty much changes the inner working of a body. Properly your guts need to come in contact with seasalt directly to negate her effect. I should see, that Law would be able to make this possible (disconnecting the body into parts and then get seawater onto them.

smurfx

get some go again
Here's what we know about the Straw Hat parents

Luffy: Dad is alive and is the most dangerous criminal in the world, mom is unknown.
Zoro: Both parents are unknown, seemingly he was raised in the dojo.
Nami: Parents are dead, killed by pirates. She was raised by a former Marine that found her as a baby (who is also dead).
Usopp: Dad is alive, sailing with the Red Hair Pirates. Mom is dead from a mysterious disease.
Sanji: Parents are unknown, he was raised by Zeff in a restaurant.
Chopper: Possibly dead as they're reindeer, and reindeer live to be at least 18. Though this is a fantasy story so they could be strong reindeer that could live for years.
Robin: Parents are dead. Dad's death is unknown, mom was killed by the Buster Call.
Brook: More than likely long-dead as Brook is 90 years old (and kicking thanks to his DF power).
was there confirmation that robins dad died? i don't remember that.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I think that Dragon might be too young. Nico Robin's father probably died/dissapeared before Roger set out on his journey to Raftel. Also Dragon's home territory is east blue and Ohara was west blue.

It's probably not very likely, but Robin is what, 10 or so years older than Luffy? Dragon could easily be of the right age, especially considering how old Garp looks.

Once again, not very likely but you never know with Oda...

Sugar's, Law's and Hancock's powers are also not very consistent in the way Moria's Shadow-Power and Devilfruit them self work. Moria's effects could be negated with seasalt, since Devilfruit powers get weaken by the sea. Technically seawater and seastones should have the same effect. Only problem for the victims of Moria is, that you need to target the lost shadow and not the person them self.
So shouldn't victims of Sugar's, Law's and Hancock's powers not be released, if they come in contact with seasalt, seawater or seastones? The bodies, Law disconnects, still function normally, so there has to be an mystical connection between them and on the bodies. Sugar and Hancock should have similar problems, because the body of the victim is changed and could be brought in contact with seasalt.
Strangely no one in the series thought about this possibility or explained, why it doesn't work, yet. So it's a big plot hole in my book so far.

Ivankov's powers i could see as an exception of the rule. She pretty much changes the inner working of a body. Properly your guts need to come in contact with seasalt directly to negate her effect. I should see, that Law would be able to make this possible (disconnecting the body into parts and then get seawater onto them.

Moria powers work different from the others and really have nothing in common with Boa or Sugar power plus each DF have different weakness .
Boa turns you into stone so i don't see how sea water\ sea salt going to help you when even you insides are stone ( she turning you back to normal without any permanent effects is just comic book logic )
That weakness is unique to Moria DF .
Also DF powers don't get weak from sea water it's the user which is why luffy was still able to stretch thanks help in the arlong arc or Kuzan can freeze the sea etc etc etc

Side note Sabo has a new VA for his adult version Tohru Furuya
some of the characters he know for Amuro Ray , Yamcha ,Tuxedo Mask , Pegasus Seiya and many more .

It's probably not very likely, but Robin is what, 10 or so years older than Luffy? Dragon could easily be of the right age, especially considering how old Garp looks.

Once again, not very likely but you never know with Oda...

Dragon's age isn't really clear but he doesn't look like he is that old to me. Garp was still in his prime around when she was born so it's more likely that he is her father if anything.

Lunar15

Oda loves his fucked up backstories, doesn't he?

You'd think that once the disease was discovered, the government and the royalty would come out and say that it was the lead poisoning, not a contagious disease. I mean, they weren't making money from it any more. I guess you could say they were just hiding their involvement, I guess. Oh well, it all works, I suppose.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
wow, Law and Nico are candidates for the most messed up childhoods.

Oda loves his fucked up backstories, doesn't he?

You'd think that once the disease was discovered, the government and the royalty would come out and say that it was the lead poisoning, not a contagious disease. I mean, they weren't making money from it any more. I guess you could say they were just hiding their involvement, I guess. Oh well, it all works, I suppose.

I think the only reason the dofla family knew is dofla gathers information. Arguably the WG would rather people not know they were monsters to keep up appearances of being a good and just government.

also this was posted on reddit http://mangasee.me/manga/?series=OnePiece&chapter=740&index=1&page=16 Oda can foreshadows with the best

BatDan

Alright, better translation and picture

Holy crap, his glasses do come off!
I didn't even notice the rows of dead children. That is just fucked up.
Poor Law...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom